Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2018, 00:10   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 36 v Newport (away)

Newport County

V
Accrington Stanley

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 36 v Newport (away)

BUMP!

And like the man said, I suspect that Nathan Jones has just written Coley’s pre-match speech for him (arrogant &*$%£) ............. and how can you be the best team over the season if someone else (ie us) has won four games more than you have, and has six points more than you do? It’s a real truism, but the table doesn’t lie, and however much his deranged fantasies say it’s so, it simply and plainly isn’t ............... He can say that they’ve scored more goals than us – true – and lost one fewer game than us – true – but we’ve conceded the fewest goals in the Division, and have 6 more points and 4 more wins (see above) ................ Arrogant &*$%£ (see above)

Back at the end of February I wrote this about this game ...............

“Home form is patchy – W6 D7 L2 GF20 GA13; away it’s W6 D5 L8 GF21 GA30 ……….. overall, P34 W12 D12 L10 GF41 GA43 ...........…. Leading scorers are on-loan striker Shawn McCoulsky (from Bristol City) with 11, Podge] with 9, Frank Nouble with 8, and Joss “Bite Me” Labadie with 6 …………….. “

Their current record is P42 W14 D15 L13 GF51 GA 54 for 57 points and 14th, so of their last 8 they’ve had but two wins, three draws and three defeats, scoring 10 and conceding 11 ................. their season-long home form is now W7 D10 L4, and away it’s W7 D5 L9 ................ wins in the last eight were 2-0 at Yeovil (19th) and 2-1 v Swindon (9th, but going nowhere), and after us they play Cambridge, then travel to the Doomed TwistySpires and finally to Carlisle .............last time out they lost at Barnet, which tells you everything you need to know

Not a lot of activity in the Transfer Window; in the ProperSignings column, MF Josh Sheehan came on a free from Swansea and forwards/ strikers Aaron Williams, Sean Rigg (who’s supposed to have joined Bath City so that he can focus on his new career as a tattooist – if you believe that), and my favouritely-named player (Jazzi BarnumAndBaileyBobb – now with Chelmsford City but not, as far as I know , a tattoo artist) were all released.

Three joined on loan – Aaron Collins from Wolves (we done, WolfPeople), FB Tyler Reid from Swansea (don’t half stick together, the Welsh!) and MF Emmanuel Osadebe from Cambridge; Tom Owen-Evans went out to Truro City. Isn’t it. Look you. Eistedfodd. Leading goalscorer is Podge (11 in the League), and I rather think that Joss Labrador – sorry, Labadie – is out injured (knee) ....................and good luck to Shawn McCoulsky, who's recently been diagnosed with pericarditis; speedy recovery from all at the Stanley!

Deadline for entries (or changes of prediction) is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 7.45pm on Tuesday 24th April (are Newport in the same time-zone as us, as a matter of interest, or are they Western Standard Time, or some such?) Well then ................ tell you what; I’d sooner be Exeter than the PocketPickers, after what we did to them on Saturday .......... first time we’ve scored four away from home this season (we did do Barnet 4-0 and Chesterfield 4-1 at home though) ............ and a thumping like that, right at the death, could easily give you the trembles .......... As for NewportM4County, we owe it to ourselves to Do It Unto Them, and to win the Title in style; and who seriously thinks we won’t?

Good luck to everyone! ............... Keep the Faith! ........... And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2018, 05:00   #17
Senior Member+

Newport 0 - 3 Stanley please
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 05:05   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Change to 2-0 for the Stanley please D3N.
Old 23-04-2018, 06:44   #19
Senior Member+

2-0 Stanley, please
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 06:58   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 stanley again will do.
Old 23-04-2018, 07:10   #21
God Member

1-1..that will do it.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 10:32   #22
Senior Member+

3-1 Stanley

Old 23-04-2018, 12:38   #23
Senior Member+

I'll change mine to follow you D3N. Newport 1 Stanley 3 please.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 13:27   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'll change mine to follow you D3N. Newport 1 Stanley 3 please.
Don't follow me, I haven't got a clue

Old 23-04-2018, 16:35   #25
Senior Member+

Stick with my 2-0 prediction.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 17:47   #26

Stanley title promotion party with a 3-0 win please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 06:42   #27
Junior Member+

2-0 Stanley, second victory for Stanley against County in ten attempts.
Accy Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 07:47   #28
God Member

1 all draw will do.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 07:52   #29

2-1 Stanley
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 09:49   #30
Senior Member+

3-0 Stanley - finishing in style!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..