Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2018, 11:41   #1
Senior Member+

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 36 v Newport (away)

Newport County
V
Accrington Stanley
2017/18 Prediction League; Game 36 v Newport (away)

I would like you all to raise your glasses, please, and to say a huge “thank you” to Morecambe for stuffing the Wycombe PocketPickers 4-2 away on Saturday (mmwwwaaahahahaha), to Coventry for stuffing Wycombe 1-0 away on Tuesday (ditto), and to Cheltenham for taking a point off Luton, causing Luton to drop two points (and being better than lucky to get anything, especially since it was the 90-somethingth minute when they got their equaliser) …………….. and may I couple that toast with another; raise your glasses also, please, to The Three Blind Mice and Their Mate – Messrs Lewis (Referee), Clayton and Smith (Asst Referees) and Cunliffe (Fourth Official) – who missed the most blatant shove in the back by Kayden on Saturday against Cambridge that I’ve seen for YEARS, allowing his goal to stand and us to get three points ………….. Last one like that that I remember was Bolton’s left back (late 50s, this would be) who put the Man City right winger over the wall around the pitch and into the terraces head first …………….. Happy Days!

Result of all that, of course, is that we’re now 3 points clear of You Fat Bastard and his friends with a game in hand over them ……………. We’re the form team (is it 9 wins and a draw in 11, do I remember?) with 13 points from 15; Luton have 8 from a possible 15, Wycombe, Notts County and Exeter have seven each, Swindon 6 and Coventry 4; Managerless Mansfield (he’ll be having his lunch in Kent as we speak, will that Nice Mr Evans) have 10/15, and so do 10th-placed Carlisle and Cambridge in 14th; Crawley have 9/15. Standing in the corner with their hands on their heads are Grimsby (1 point from a possible 15), Newport (2 points – LLLDD), and Portly and the TwistySpires with 3 each ………….. Barnet have taken 7 points and are on 29 (Chesterfield are on 30); Crewe, Vegan Greenpeace and Grimsby are on 36, and Morecambe and PortlyVale are on 35 (and I imagine they’re all sweating right now) ………….. And why would you leave high-flying Mansfield for low-grovelling Gillingham anyway? Money? Or is that just cynical………?

Little action in the Transfer Market ………….. they ProperSigned Swansea’s Welsh MF Josh Sheehan, and ProperLetGo CF Aaron Williams, forward Sean Rigg and defender Jazzi Barnum-Bobb (probably my favouritely-named player, who’d been on loan at Torquay), all of whom are now playing – but not often - for Free Agent FC; and in the LoanMarket they brought in Wolves’ striker Aaron Collins, Swansea FB Tyler Reid, and Cambridge MF Emmanuel Osadebe and sent out MF Evan Press (no, not a publishing firm) to Undy (not to be confused with Undies, which are entirely different), Tom Savigar to Port Talbot (isn’t it), and Lamar Reynolds – who was eliminated from Dancing on Ice a week or so back, I think – to Leyton Orient …. LO are currently 16th in the Bananarama with 42 points from 34; Hartlepool are 19th with 37 points (3 above the Greasy Pole places); Macclesfield are top, 5 points clear of Sutton Utd, and AFC Fylde are 7th and in the playoff places along with Tranmere, Aldershot and Wrexham

After 8 points from their first 4 games Newport were 2nd; after game 28, the third win on the bounce (including Exeter and Crawley) they were fifth; currently they’re 13th, above Cambridge on GD (-2 plays -10), both on 48 points …………… they’ve drawn three (Morecambe, PV and Notts Co) and lost three (Lincoln 3-1, Colchester 2-0 and Mansfield 5-0 – all away) of their last six games, scoring only twice in those six games, and not at all in any of their last four ……… They’re out of all the Cups (5-1 at Leeds in the EFL Cup after a 2-0 over Southend – mind you, everyone’s out of the EFL Cup after last Sunday, thinking about it; three defeats in the group stage of the EFLTroffy, and 2-0 to Spurs after a half-Desmond in Round 4 of the FA Cup, having taken out Walsall, Cambridge and Leeds at home in Rounds 1 to 3) ………. Home form is patchy – W6 D7 L2 GF20 GA13; away it’s W6 D5 L8 GF21 GA30 (they’ve had some home games postponed, I’d think, which is a complete SOMERSET!) ……….. overall, P34 W12 D12 L10 GF41 GA43 … add in the Cup games and its P44 GF53 GA59 ……………. Leading scorers are on-loan striker Shawn McCoulsky (from Bristol Citties) with 11, Podge with 9, Frank Nouble with 8, and Joss “Bite Me” Labadie with 6 …………….. McCoulsky had a loan spell at Weston-super-Mare-in-the-Marsh in 2016, so Revived Red should be able to give us the lowdown (or the highup) on him …………….

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 3rd March (soon be Christmas) …………… things are going very nicely at the moment, but let’s not get Cocky, shall we? You all know what Cocky gets you. N’est-ce pas? Last season they beat us 3-1 at our place (goal by Janoi) and 1-0 at theirs; this season they were beating us until the 88th minute at Fortress Wham, when Mallik Wilks – still at Grimsby as far as I know – snook a draw and a point ………..so really we’re due a win? Yes lads? Thank you!

Good luck to everyone! ………….. Keep the Faith! ……….. And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2018, 13:09   #2
God Member

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 36 v Newport (away)

Always a tricky fixture but I'll go for Stanley 2 - Newport 1 please

Hope this goes ahead, last thing we need is to travel to South Wales on a Tuesday night
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 16:34   #3
God Member

Hope you're right, AccyMad, but as the weather forecasts stand, I suspect Somerset may be needing psychiatric treatment this weekend.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 18:57   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-1 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 28-02-2018, 19:42   #5
Senior Member+

2-1 to the Newport
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 22:27   #7
Super Moderator

3-1 to the Stanley please.
Old 28-02-2018, 23:06   #8
Senior Member+

2-0 to Stanley please (IF it is played at all). BTW D3N, that nice Mr Evans has taken over at Peterborough not Gillingham

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 28-02-2018 at 23:07. Reason: correction
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:32   #9

Newport 1 Stanley 2 please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:55   #10
God Member

newport 2 stanley 0.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:01   #11
God Member

Unfortunately I think the weather will win this one
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:26   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
McCoulsky had a loan spell at Weston-super-Mare-in-the-Marsh in 2016, so Revived Red should be able to give us the lowdown (or the highup) on him
He was far too good for Bananarama South, but not quite as good as he thought he was. He fell out with the management. He is a good centre forward - strong and quick.

And I'll go for a 1 - 1 draw.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:12   #13
Senior Member+

not lost on home ground since early Dec.
Newport 1 Stanley 0
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 00:49   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
BTW D3N, that nice Mr Evans has taken over at Peterborough not Gillingham
Saw that. I didn't say he WAS going to Gillingham, just reported that they'd made an approach. Unlike some I don't have any insider information

Be interesting to see how that impacts on Mansfield
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 22:48   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Newport County 1-2 Accrington Stanley Please for me

Last edited by mab; 22-04-2018 at 22:50.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..