Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2018, 01:12   #1
Senior Member+

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 38 v Vegan Greenpeace United (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Vegan Greenpeace United

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 38 v FGR/VGU (home)

Nah then! That were a bit good, sithee, sticking it up them Posh SouthernSofties with a “90+3” from Billy Whizz …………… on account of it led to this;

1 Accrington Stanley P36W22D5L9GF61GA39GD+22 Pts 71

And drinks all round to Cambridge United, whose perfect response to “Akinfenwa 45+4” on Saturday was “Lewis 90+3”, as another two points slipped through the holes in the pockets of the Wycombe PocketPickers ……………….. And well done to Crewe, who went 2-0 down at Stevenage but snuck a point with a “Kirk 90+7”, and a big Hello to Colchester, who equalised on 51 away at Mansfield, thereby knackering up Flitcroft’s Bright New Dawn, and leading to a headline that read,

League Two automatic-promotion hopefuls Mansfield let a lead slip at home for the third game in a row as they drew with Colchester.”

Power to the People, that’s what I say!

And did anybody see that the BBC now refer to us as “title-chasing Accrington Stanley”? With Coventry having managed Partially to Do It Unto Luton tonight via a home Desmond, we’ll show you “Title Chasing!” A point clear of the second-placed side, eight clear of fourth and fourteen points and some goals clear of eighth, a game in hand, and ten to play ……………….. How good does that sound?

And karma to Yeovil, who stopped Exeter making any Inroads of Significance by holding them to a goalless Desmond tonight (can you have a goalless Desmond?)................ and Barnet and Portly Vale got what neither would really have wanted (a 1-1 draw), but at least Barnet are off the bottom ........... and there are now four teams on 37 points - Port Vale, Crewe, The Vegans and HaplessGrimsby, who’ve drawn four and lost eleven of their last 15, and failed to score in ten of the 15, one team on 36 (Morecambe) and The Condemned Men of Barnet and TwistySpiresUtd both on 30. Grimsby have a new manager, whose name, if not his demeanour, is Jolley, and his record to date is 100% losses, albeit that he’s only been in charge for one game so far ..............

Not much going on in the Gloucestershire Transfer Window – Revived Red’s Fans’ Favourite Dayle Grubb from Weston-super-Mare-in-the Marsh being the only ProperSigning; MF Jordan Stevens (17) was snapped up by Leeds, Cote d’Ivoire-born MF Drassa Traore (ex Notts County and Swindon) MutuallyConsented after 59 games and no goals (despite having played in the Play Off Final team last year); defender Manny Monthe (QPR, Southport, Hayes and Yeading and Bath, who also played in the Play Off win) moved on by joining Tranmere on loan, while French MF Fabien Robert went to Aldershot.

I don’t know who saw that the aforementioned Aldershot got a real spanking at AFC Fylde on Saturday (7-1) despite being in the top four of the Bananarama ?.............. Fylde, you may recall, did Macclesfield (then top of the League) 6-0 at home, and Macclesfield (back on top once again) lost to Vegan Greenpeace 1-0 in the FA Cup .................... small world, isn’t it? Fylde were one of two sides to win 7-1 at home (Gateshead – who remembers when they were in the League? – did the same to Maidenhead) ............And Harrogate and Salford are tied at the top of the Bananarama North with 68 points (Southport’s 47 points being good enough for 8th place), and Havant and Waterlooville top the BananaSouth, with Hampton and Richmond third; you’d need an extra-wide vidiprinter if those two played each other!

They’ve had a season of four halves up to now, have the AliensFromTheWest; they lost 9 of their first 13 games, winning just 6 points; then they won 4 of 5; then they lost 6 of 7; and of their last 10 they’ve won 5, drawn two and lost three ............ they’ve also won their last five at home (Cambridge 5-2, Portly 1-0, Coventry 2-1, Stevenage 3-1 and Crawley 2-0); that said, their away record is W2 D5 L10 GF15 GA31 ............ the two away wins were on 17th October (2-1 at Coventry) and on the 21st October (2-1 at Stevenage), meaning that they’ve done the double over both of them ................ and they also wear the most disgusting coloured shirts in the WORLD, which put me in mind of what I suspect radioactive luminous dog vomit might look like

We met for the first (and so far only) time in the League at their place at the end of September, and left with the three points courtesy of Captain Conneely’s 56th minute strike; FGR’s leading scorer in the League is Christian Doidge with 16 (level with You Fat Bastard and – until this evening – Luton’s James Collins, but he’s got 17 now, poking in the 88th minute equaliser at the Ricoh); after him, the next best are Omar Bugiel and former Exeter and Plymouth striker Reuben Reid, each with THREE .......... stop Doidge and you’re pretty likely to win, it seems to me!

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 17th March. So it is. Phil Brown’s the new Manager at Swindon; he said,

"Swindon, as a club, has been a sleeping giant for years now. They have a fantastic history with some great names to have played or managed here."

Among the “great names” who've managed since 2011 are Paul Hart, who lasted 57 days, Kevin McDonald (103 days) and Martin Ling (58 days) ............. if it were me, Phil, I’d not be in a rush to unpack .......... I don’t know about the rest of you, but I can’t avoid the feeling that the Easter games – Mansfield (away) on Good Friday and Knots County (home) on Easter Monday might just be the ones that define our season ................. but it’s been – being – a real blast! Come on the Stanley!

Good luck to everyone! ......... Keep the Faith! ............ And thanks for playing!

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2018, 01:55   #2
Super Moderator

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 38 v Vegan Greenpeace United (home)

5-1 to the Stanley please.
Old 14-03-2018, 06:15   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-0 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 14-03-2018, 07:09   #4
God Member

3 - 1 to Stanley please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 07:49   #5

Stanley 3 Forest Green. 1 please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 08:13   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-1 Stanley will be tougher than last sat i think.
Old 14-03-2018, 10:15   #7

1 - 0 to Stanley
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 10:43   #8
God Member

stanley 2 gloucestershire lot 1.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:39   #9
Full Member+

5-0 Stanley please
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:55   #10
Full Member+

3-0 to Stanley.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 20:13   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Forest Green Rovers Please for me
Old 15-03-2018, 11:24   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
5-1 to the Stanley please.
How long have you been a Registered Pessimist Steve, and are you taking the tablets for it?

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 11:28   #14
God Member

Smile Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 38 v Vegan Greenpeace United (home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Accrington Stanley

V

Vegan Greenpeace United

2017/18 Prediction League; Game 38 v FGR/VGU (home)

Good luck to everyone! ......... Keep the Faith! ............ And thanks for playing!

Got to say I really do enjoy reading these intros, some very, very funny - goalless Desmond - things in them.

Keep up the great work
cashman and Revived Red like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 16:10   #15
Senior Member+

2-0 to Stanley
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..