Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 23:56   #17
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 17 v Coventry City (away)

1-1 please
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:50   #18

0 - 0
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:58   #19
Senior Member+

I was thinking of going at one point, but now won't be - so we must be in with a chance now!

2-1 Stanley
Old 03-11-2018, 07:54   #20
Senior Member+

Sadly a 2-1 to cov
Old 03-11-2018, 09:18   #21
Senior Member+

2-2 for me please. BTW, there are are actually 3 cathedrals in the fair city of Coventry, The new one, the bombed out one and one that was revealed just to the rear of the bombed out cathedral. It was dug out by Time Team and other volunteers a few years back, probably under a shopping centre or worse, a car park now.
Div3North likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:20   #22
Senior Member+

Well if Colin said it it must be right, so 3-1 Stanley 😱
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:41   #23
Full Member+

Coventry City 1 Accrington Stanley 2, please
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:35   #24
Senior Member+

1-1 please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:21   #25
Full Member+

Coventry City 1-2 Accrington Stanley
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:58   #26
Senior Member+

Cashy's Maxi Closes The Gap To Pointless Ancestral Rolls

Faced with an away game against a side who are below us solely because they have scored one goal less , the faith was kept by a slender majority of our players. 12 for us , 4 for them and 7 on the fence - that's only 23 players, the least ever I think, despite a new recruit in the shape of a Taypot - a pointless Taypot, I'm sorry to say. Unexpected absences from Wynonie and DaveinGermany . But on we go …..

To the 7 undecided the spoils, once again, and top billing among the 4 maxis goes to Cashman who took advantage of both players ahead of him going pointless to cut the gap to Lord Stiffupperlip to 2, with Kiwi John left 5 points further adrift in 3rd. The other maxis caused much disruption amongst the elite , with Football19, Revived Red and Ossy Kid moving forward en bloc, from 11th, 12th and 14th to 4th, 7th and 11th respectively, with AccyMad and Andy D dropping out of the Top Ten. Incredibly tight behind the leading 3, with the next 10 all in the 30 to 33 point range.

The remaining drawmongers, Tommy McQueen, LongLostSon and Outback Ozzy took 3 points each and made more limited gains in the lower half of the table, climbing from 20th, 23rd and 24th to 19th, 20th and 21st. Almost everybody else got a point, so little other movement.

So it's a fortnight off for your correspondent while the men in red deal with t'Troffy (West Brom kids and Blackpool) and t'Cup (Colchester), before this string of tricky league fixtures continues with Barnsley rolling up to the Crown on 17th Nov. Strongest possible sides for t'Troffy, then? No, I didn't think so either …..

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 3 Nov 18.doc (79.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-11-2018, 19:02   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Unexpected absences from Wynonie and DaveinGermany . But on we go …..

I plead mitigating circumstances yer 'oner! Last time I dabbled on a keyboard was Wednesday morning, the rest of my time from then until Satuday evening was spent driving, being stuck in traffic, visiting an old acquaintance in the back of beyond (Mersea Island) & getting very, very drunk. Then more driving, more traffic jams, vast amounts of shopping, catching a ferry, being all at sea, then when we hit land again guess what?

More driving & even more traffic jams (Continental ones this time!) fiunally arriving at our doorstep Saturday about 2ish here, then unpacking, stowing, repairs etc, etc ..... when it was all over it was some time Saturday evening & I'd missed the footy too!

Rest assured, I'll be back for the next un mind.
Chimer likes this.
Old 05-11-2018, 19:19   #28
Super Moderator

Forgot me pills.
Chimer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..