Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2019, 17:55   #31

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 32 v Sunderland (away)

Maxted to play a blinder, Barlaser to score the winner.
Prepare for the upset of the season!
Sunderland 1 - Stanley 2
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2019, 21:00   #32
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 32 v Sunderland (away)

The Gap Closes Slightly As Desmond Strikes At Last

It's a popular prediction, but the last time we actually saw a Desmond was the fourth game of last season, away to Notts County - 72 games ago . Lord Stiffupperlip, Revived Red and Stevie R got that one right, but on a night when the jury was undecided - 9 for us, 10 for them, 7 on the fence and I forgot completely - only Kiwi John and Mab called it exactly right.

5 points for this saw Kiwi close the gap on Lord S at the top of the heap to 9 points, down from 13, and Mab spring into the elite with a leap from 11th to 6th. Smaller 3 point gains were enough for Ossy Kid climb from 7th to take 3rd place on the podium on countback, lift MikeA above AccyTom18 and Tom D to 9th=, boost AccyMad and AndyD from 14th and 16th to 12th and 14th, and bring Outback Ozzy into the Respectable Twenty at 19th=.

As is the way with draws, that left the rest of you scrabbling around for the odd bonus point, which slightly more got than didn't .

So roll on Oxford on Tuesday for the first of four consecutive home mid-table clashes, all occurring while I'm out of the country, away from my spreadsheets and therefore unable to post updated tables. I can't even promise my jet-lagged brain will be able to process four lots of guesses before the boys hop over the hills to take on what we've now got to call high-flying Barnsley on March 9th. But if the League can process the results of those games to show us rather nearer the top of mid-table than we are at present , I guess you'll maybe not be too worried about your chances of scooping the Prediction League prize, which you will recall is two ninths of the square root of knack all . Eight points while I'm away, please …. pretty please

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 15 Feb 19.doc (84.0 KB, 15 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..