Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 05:32   #1
Senior Member+

2018/19 Prediction League; Game 35 v Coventry City (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Coventry City

In the hope that I can create the time to do a ‘proper’ thread-opener later today (Friday) I’ve put this on now so that guesses (sorry, ‘predictions’) can start to be recorded ................... Just time for your starter for ten; you’ll remember that Coventry played a full season at Sixfields a year or three back, with the usual fan-protests flying around; on 15th October 2016 they played Charlton, whose fans were also in protest mode against their then-owner .................. part of the joint protest involved the fans of both clubs throwing something on to the pitch during the game, causing a stoppage of play for about 5 minutes ................... what was it they threw on to the pitch, and who won the game?

More later, I hope; in the meantime ............... Keep the Faith!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2019, 06:05   #2
God Member

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 35 v Coventry City (home)

Same as last season, 1 nil to Stanley please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:24   #3
God Member

3-1 Stanley please.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:44   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 stanley fer me.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:13   #5
Senior Member+

One a piece.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:18   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Coventry City Please for me
Old 01-03-2019, 07:23   #7
Senior Member+

2-1 Stanley, please.

Charlton winning 3-0! Pigs might fly!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:33   #8
Senior Member+

1-0 stanley
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:42   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

Charlton winning 3-0! Pigs might fly!

Stranger things have happened!

Oink!

MikeA likes this.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22   #10
God Member

1 all draw.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:20   #11

Half Desmond for me too!
Stanley 1 - Coventry 1
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 20:22   #13
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley

V

Coventry City

After 17 games we went to the Ricoh; Coventry then were the Form Team, with 5 straight wins. We led after 58 mins by an Offrande goal (not seen one of them for a bit!), finished up with a half-Desmond, and stood 6th, with 28 points – one behind the Louts, and ahead of the SkyBluePinks on countback, having brought their winning streak to an end; currently, they’re 10th, on 47 points, meaning that in their last 17 games they’ve only managed 19 points – just over one a game (which is GreasyPole form); of their “second seventeen” they’ve won 5, drawn 4 and lost 8 – and only two of the wins was Auf der Strasse – they being a 2-0 win at Wycombe and a 1-0 at SpottyDogLand .............. indeed, Auf der langeren Strasse their record is 6 wins, 3 draws and 8 defeats, with 19 scored and 23 conceded, but four of those wins came before the end of October ................ We Did It Unto Them twice last season, you’ll recall (well, you’re half way there if you read Di’s Prediction – and that’s your first mention in 8 years Di – Welcome to the Club!) – 1-0 chez nous (Sean McMarmite) and 2-0 chez eux (both goals by Jordan Clark)

In the Window (transfer, not plate glass, because people who live in glass houses shouldn’t) they ProperSigned striker Charlie Chaplin, who had been on loan since August, for £undisclosed from Pompey (who must have been glad to get rid, ‘cos he’s got to be 90 if he’s a day), RB Charlie Wakefield on a free from what may well soon be a Sarri-Free zone (summat to do with Brexit, I believe), and CB Declan Drysdale for compensation from Tranmere, although what he was compensation for they haven’t said); they loan-signed Brum GL David Stockdale (they must be his 10th or 11th club this season, each for a week), Reading’s CM David Meyler, and Wolves striker Bright Enobakhare (who’s got siblings called NotAsBrightAsHisBrother Enobakhare and ExtremelyDull Enobakhare)

Out, at the same point, went MF Kyle Finn to Hereford (where he’d been on loan anyway), CMF Michael Doyle to Notts County, and Abu Agogo and Jonson Clarke-Harris, who both went to BrizzleRov, and on loan they shed four more, one to Hamilton Accies (the nearest Scotland has to a sensibly-named team) and three to Oblivion in the Non-League

Speaking of Oblivion, The Tinker Man’s joined the ranks of “Yesterday’s Heroes” after 106 days and three wins, alongside the UnSpecial One and a few more ............ Bratfud’s David Hopkin managed almost six months (less nine days), and jumped before he was pushed; Claude Puel left Leicester, allowing Celtic to swap Brendan Rogers for Neil Lennon (I’m not sure that’s a great piece of business, to tell the truth); going backwards from there, Port Vale fired Neil Aspin on 30th January and replaced him with John Askey four days later, and before that it was Di’s friend, that nice Mr Evans! Gary Bowyer’s 2-5 for the Valley Parade, with Phil Parkinson 8-1 to go back and That Nice Mr Evans and Paul Hurst at 10s and 12s respectively. Watch this Space! And did you know that King Coley s now the third longest-serving manager in League One, behind Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe and Keith Hill at the Doodles?

Enormous Twerps at the moment are Wycombe (2 points from 5 games), and Southend, Walsall and RochDoodle, each with 3/15 ........ Posh have 4, Pompey 5, and Charlton and Burton 6 each ............. CleverClogs are still the same – The Louts, The LambChops, The BlackMoggies and the CodPieces, with 13, 11, 9 and 9 .................. And when I did the away game thread I mentioned that Coventry were out of the EFL Cup in Round One, and the Troffy in the Group stages, and that they were playing Walsall away in the FA Cup First Round the following Saturday .........well, they got a nap hand in the Cups for the Season, because they lost that one by the odd goal in five .........Mwahahahaha!

On my way to check out the Bananarama I accidentally came across the EvoStik League South Division One Central League Table, by the way, which I was delighted to see is topped by “Bromsgrove Sporting” ............... I bet their cross-town rivals are Bromsgrove UnSporting! ............... Bananarama is headed by Wrexham, from Solihull Moors (don’t get me started!), Clapton Orient and AFC Fylde, and Orient and Fylde have avoided each other in the FA Trophy semis, so if Fylde can do Stockport they get a trip to Wembley, which will their first since they were Kirkham and Wesham! The Imps still top League Two (66 points), from the BuryBlackPuddings (63) and Mansfiddled (61)

Coventry have, altogether, a record which reads P34 W13 D8 L13 GF37 GA38; in the cups they’ve scored 3 and conceded 11 ............ their leading League scorers are Conor Chaplin and Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila with 7 each, and Jonson Clarke-Harris (now at the Pirates) with 5. Eight sides have conceded fewer in the League than them (which doesn’t include us, sadly), and the Wombles, Brizzle, Blackpool and the Stanley are the only sides to have scored fewer ................ and I think there’s a poster outside Bloomfield Road which declares that “This stadium is a 100% Oyston-Free Zone” .......or maybe not yet!

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is about eighteen hours away, less a few minutes (why have I got less time now I’m retired than I had when I worked full-time?) ............... And a very Happy Birthday to Cashy (many of 'em, mate)................... And here’s to another season (well, loads of seasons) in League One, the Premiership, and the Champions League Final ...........

Well, I can dream, can’t I

Good luck to everyone! .................. Keep the Faith! ............. And Thanks for playing!

And well done MikeA, with his obliquely-referenced answer to the Starter for Ten; Charlton did win 3-0, and both sets of fans threw small plastic toy pigs onto the pitch ..... now there’s a coincidence, that they’d both think of that on the same day!

Old 01-03-2019, 23:43   #14
Senior Member+

2-1 Stanley for me too

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:57   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
...and both sets of fans threw small plastic toy pigs onto the pitch ..... now there’s a coincidence, that they’d both think of that on the same day!
It happened again in the reverse fixture on 14 April 2017 when the match was delayed for 13 minutes and Coventry were relegated after a half-Desmond.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..