Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2018, 18:11   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 6 v Scunthorpe Utd (home)

On The Fence Still The Place To Be

But most of us jumped down on the Red side of it for this one , with only Dav007 going the other way . And of course it was the remaining drawmongers that profited , with Lord StiffUpperLip and Stevie R picking up maxis, and LongLostSon and MonkeyHanger just the basic 3 points. As a result, Lord S moves up into 2nd place from 3rd, only behind our leading Antipodean on countback, and Stevie climbs from 10th= (one of 6) to 7th. MH and LLS made more significant gains with their lesser rewards , 28= to 15 and 30= to 18= respectively.

Most of the faithful got a point, more from their goal (13) than from ours (4). Only the 4 who went for a 2-0 win joined Dav in pointless purgatory. So little movement in the table, although there are now only 10 in the Top Ten . And 28 players this week, which is an improvement, down to returnees rather than new players.

I seem to remember a couple of seasons back we kept dominating teams, especially in the first half, without winning games, and from the Beeb report it looks like this was one of those days again - the difference being this time we didn't then lose after going behind against the run of play.

So it's roll on the Brewers. I'm thinking we need our first home win here, before we start coming up against teams who've had properly good starts to the season - what say you?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 1 Sep 18.doc (74.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 18:35   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is though Chimer, after the first match were unbeaten, and thats a fact.
Chimer and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-09-2018, 21:27   #33
Senior Member+

Whoops!

I have finally got evidence that at least one of you reads this drivel .

Unfortunately that's because the one has pointed out a teensy weensy little mistake .

When I said "And of course it was the remaining drawmongers that profited , with Lord StiffUpperLip and Stevie R picking up maxis, and LongLostSon and MonkeyHanger just the basic 3 points", I really meant to say "And of course it was the remaining drawmongers that profited , with LongLostSon and MonkeyHanger picking up maxis, and Lord StiffUpperLip and Stevie R just the basic 3 points".

And when I then said "MH and LLS made more significant gains with their lesser rewards" I really meant to say "MH and LLS made more significant gains with their greater rewards". Which of course was what you would expect, so the following should have been a .

Luckily, although those bits of the commentary were a load of bullocks , the magic of the spreadsheet meant that the published table, and therefore the remarks about positional changes, were actually OK .
Thanks Alan - On Stanley On!!
Stevie R likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..