Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2019, 21:10   #46
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 19 v Bolton Wanderers (home)

Wot, No Maxis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
I wonder, when Chimer does the table this week, how many people will have scored maximums?

I think you knew, really

Well, my gob is well and truly smacked and my flabber properly ghasted . If those goals had been spread out over the last 4 games, we could have had 12 points instead of 4 .

However, enough of half-full glasses, we won and we discovered where the goals are. For our table, if you thought we'd win N-1, you got 4 points, any other Stanley win 3, and a 1-1 draw 1. Which left 7 people with nowt, including our leader Monkey Hanger, allowing Outback Ozzy (4 pts), Accybeme and Valairian (3 each) and Nige B (4) to close in at the top, pushing Revived Red (1) and Stanley Josh (0) back to 6th and 7th. Accymad (4) climbed over Ossy Kid (1) into 8th, and a single point for Taypot was enough to lift him into the elite at pointless Stevie R's expense.

Outstanding amongst the other null-pointers was Exile on Spencer St, making a timely sacrifice to the Voodoo Gods of football by entering our game for the first time this year with a 0-4 prediction , enough to secure the win for the Red Men and replace Ferret Man at the foot of our table.

So - roll on - let's see - Bolton in the Rentawreck trophy (they'll be looking forward to that no doubt ), but for my purposes it's off to Tranmere in a fortnight. They dropped below us today , thanks to our friends in Fleetwood, and it would be handy to keep them there, don't you think?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 191123 - 23 Nov 19.doc (84.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 24-11-2019, 08:42   #47
God Member

Smile Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 19 v Bolton Wanderers (home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Let's face it - anything could happen!! So, basing it on the assumption that our luck just has to turn at some point I'll go for a whopping 4 - 1 to Stanley please, pretty please
Well, you were right, anything can happen

But, as I thought before the game, you were miles off with your prediction

Revived Red and Div3North like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:55   #48
God Member

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 19 v Bolton Wanderers (home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well, you were right, anything can happen

But, as I thought before the game, you were miles off with your prediction

Ha, ha I know - poor effort from me
Revived Red likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..