Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2019, 21:20   #31
God Member

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 23 v Blackpool FC (away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Blackpool 2-1 Accrington Stanley Please foe me
Are you sure Mab????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2019, 17:16   #32
Senior Member+

Cashy Cashes In As Heads Mostly Rule Hearts

Well that was a happy Boxing Day wasn't it But did Sean forget he was wearing a bra when he ripped his shirt off Or did he just feel he hadn't got enough cards for Christmas

Whatever, this was a day when the faith was not kept in great abundance , only 9 stalwarts remaining loyal, while 10 clambered onto the fence and 6 made their way to the other side . And out of all of us, only Cashy with his 1-0 prediction was still in with a realistic shout for a maxi as the game entered injury time and the ball entered the box bound for Sean's head and the far corner . Having just watched it 4 times I've no idea how it got through, but do I care?

So, 5 points for Cashy and a leap up the table from 21st to 16th . The Top Ten remained largely unchanged, with only AccyMad, Ossy Kid and Kiwi John backing the winners and only Accy Mad improving her placing, from 6th= to 5th at the expense of Revived Red.

Elsewhere, most of the other 3-point loyalists gained a place or two, with DaveinGermany making the biggest stride, from 22nd to 18th=. And the puzzle of the week was why Mab, who has forecast a 2-1 Stanley win every game this season (except after accepting a sweetie from Wynonie, after which he went for a 5-0 win against Tranmere), chose this week to go 2-1 against us

And finally, a reminder that although my wife believes me to be incapable of making a mistake (), it's not entirely true, and last Saturday I stumbled and entered a score against the wrong player . As the relevant prediction was wrong in all respects , this made absolutely no difference to the table except in the "Played" and "Lost" columns, though it did deprive one player of his 100% entry record . All has now been corrected (I hope) but the moral of the story is, if you care, check my workings each week!

So, roll on the Brewers who we'll now see twice in 4 weeks, first leg at the Wham tomorrow. Win this one, and we might just start 2020 ahead of Sunderland - and who'd have seen that as a possibility 13 years ago at Woking?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 191226 - 26 Dec 19.doc (84.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 27-12-2019, 18:03   #33
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Are you sure Mab????

I went for the bonus point Joe!! LOL yup rushing yet again
Old 27-12-2019, 21:52   #34
God Member

Smile Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 23 v Blackpool FC (away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I went for the bonus point Joe!! LOL yup rushing yet again

Top man

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..