Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2020, 15:41   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2020/21 Prediction League; Game 12 v Northampton Town (away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Oh **gger!
Half time and just remembered I haven’t put on my prediction!

Who’s a silly Accrington Stanley fan, then?

choirboy likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2020, 16:11   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Who’s a silly Accrington Stanley fan, then?

Not too bad as I was going to predict a 1-1 draw!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 14:08   #33
Senior Member+

Excuses, Excuses .... and there's a New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
What a fantastic result. I was having my last night in the local hospital after a nasty Femur fracture which occurred last Sunday morn (NZ) time and woke my room mate up to inform him we had won-like he gave a f***. He said he was pleased and to shut the f*** up. Back home now and off work for 4-6 weeks with a new bionic knee etc.. seriously might start playing footy again.... ON STANLEY ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Oh **gger!
Half time and just remembered I haven’t put on my prediction!

You do need to put more effort into your excuses, Choirboy, especially when you see Kiwi John showing you the way to do it .... seriously Kiwi , get well soon but if you do it again, don't forget to take your phone into hospital so you can get your prediction in .

Others have got out of the habit too, only 21 entries yesterday , and the absence of both Toms opened the gate for Stanleyhouse to make a first appearance on the prediction league podium, moving up from 7th to 3rd despite only taking 4 points (incidentally, being the only person taking 4 points). Four of us did better, with maxis falling to Cashman (9th to 5th), Watchdog (13= to 9th), MikeA (15= to 10=) and even me (22= to 15=).

Three points for most of the rest of you, defaulters and fencesitters being few and far between, but including Ossy Kid who fell off the podium as a result, dropping to 4th. T'other Ozzy moved up to 2nd with a bonus-less 3 points, the same as our leader StanleyJosh, who remains 4 points clear at the top of the heap.

So, a satisfactory restart to the league programme and every reason to cry "roll on Swindon" with a certain amount of confidence ahead of Tuesday's game, when hopefully a few more than 21 of us will remember to put a forecast in .

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 201114 - 14 Nov 20.doc (75.5 KB, 15 views)
cashman likes this.
Old 15-11-2020, 15:11   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Only 21 enteries? hope that dont mean what i suspect it does?
Old 15-11-2020, 16:27   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Only 21 entries? hope that dont mean what i suspect it does?
It means D3N wrote nearly 100 words in his introduction for each person who bothered to play ......

But if the team can be bothered to carry on playing footy with no audience, I guess we can carry on writing drivel on the same basis for a while longer yet.

Edit - I meant D3N can carry on researching and I can carry on writing drivel, of course .....
Old 15-11-2020, 19:27   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It means D3N wrote nearly 100 words in his introduction for each person who bothered to play ......

But if the team can be bothered to carry on playing footy with no audience, I guess we can carry on writing drivel on the same basis for a while longer yet.

Edit - I meant D3N can carry on researching and I can carry on writing drivel, of course .....
No, you were right the first time ... purveyors of drivel
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..