Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2020, 13:57   #31

Re: 2020/21 Prediction League; Game 16 v Milton Keynes Dons (home)

Stanley 4 v tothers 1
otherwise I might just go down the garden and chew worms
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2020, 16:07   #32
Senior Member+

I make that 12 players with a maximum!

Don’t think that’s ever happened before, Chimer?

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 16:27   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
I make that 12 players with a maximum!

Don’t think that’s ever happened before, Chimer?

Certainly not recently. Possibly when we first started doing this with a lot more players .

The question is answerable, but would probably take me until Easter, working full-time, so I'll settle for a firm maybe
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 05-12-2020, 17:00   #34
Full Member+

Absolutely love being wrong!
KiTChener and Chimer like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 16:33   #35
Senior Member+

AccyTom18 Comes Through The Middle On Maxi Madness Day

As m'learned friend has already observed, records were (probably) set on the maxi front yesterday, with 12 out of 28 players landing the full 5 points. The Roll of Honour was made up of AccyTom18, Ange B, Cashman, Choirboy, Div3North, Leylandii, Mab, Monkey Hanger, Nige B, StevieR, Valairian and Watchdog. Of whom only AccyTom18 was in the Top 6 before the game, meaning his score was enough for him to leap to the top of the table . Team Stanley, meanwhile, provided 2 of the 3 players who didn't forecast a win for Team Stanley , resulting in SHouse (1 pt) falling from the top perch down to 3rd, and SJosh (0) continuing his recent slide, down from 5th to 8=.

5 points for NigeB and Cashman saw them back into the elite at the expense of MikeA (3) and AccyMad (4). AndyD was the third defaulter, and his fence-sitting produced just a single point and a slide from 16th to 20th . Lots of chopping and changing elsewhere, too much to detail I'm afraid. Kitchener's second entry garnered him 3 points and relieved him of table-propping duties , while my correction of a long-running spreadsheet error relegated Rsg26 (P1 L1 BP0 P0) to share Accybeme's burden.

So - we were in the playoff places in the "As it stands" table for a wee time while we were winning and Ipswich losing. Is anybody else sore today as a result of pinching themselves too much? And now it's roll on Premier League Wigan - oh, sorry, that's bottom of League 1 Wigan - after the minor matter of The Solsjkaer Babes on Tuesday in the Troffy. Now what will be going through Coley's mind trying to sort a team out for that one? Run-out for Sean, surely, and a night off for Savin' Savin, but as for the rest .... who'd be a manager?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 201205 - 5 Dec 20.doc (77.0 KB, 18 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..