Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2020, 11:49   #136
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

For once in a long while I can honestly say all seven signings plus hopefully another goalkeeper could be pushing for starting places we could well be dark horses this season.
choirboy and Watchdog like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2020, 11:53   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

for me it looks a very promising squad this season even with clarky going.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:59   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
for me it looks a very promising squad this season even with clarky going.
Loved Clarke but I think we became very predictable last season everything was going through him, this season looking like a different shape and some quality looking players on board could well force a lot of familiar faces from the line up.
cashman likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:01   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think the same andy.
andyd likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:02   #140
Senior Member+

The Squad seems to be building nicely but I agree that we need another goalkeeper yet. Some of the new signings look to have great potential but some of them haven’t played that many games in recent seasons....... and I mean before the Lockdown closure stopped all players from participating in matches. However, I am confident that our management team will get them all fully match fit and then we should see more clearly which of them are going to realise their potential. Once again, we have a really interesting few months ahead with some unanswered questions and a relatively new team to develop together and to build a real team ethic which Stanley is well known for. I am fascinated by the prospect of which players will develop into our star players and which ones fall away.....? I am really hopeful that with the balance of ages and physical stature in the squad that we will do well this season.
Just one other point regarding the pitch at The Wham Stadium.....This long ‘close season’, that we have had, is the first for a few years where the pitch has not been resurfaced and reseeded. So the grass should have really consolidated a deeper and more resilient root system. So our team should be able to play our preferred passing game throughout the whole season.
Really looking forward to getting back into the stadium and cheering our team on!
ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 04-09-2020 at 12:04.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:12   #141
Senior Member+

Just watched a video compilation, on the Stanley Facebook page, of some of our new signings scoring goals. Some great headed goals shown so we should have an even greater aerial threat particularly at Set Pieces!
Old 04-09-2020, 13:26   #142

Well pleased with the Stephen Sama signing if he was trialist A in the Salford outing. Be great to hit the ground running tonight but might take a month or so for the team to gel.
Patience eh lads n lasses - dya know where I can buy some !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:20   #143
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd; Toby has he is a top prospect agree there with John personally thought he was better than Burzick.[/QUOTE]

certainly better than evtimov anyway. he made dodgy scottish keepers of the past look safe and reliable.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:53   #144
God Member

New player coming in Monday and listening to Coley,s post match interview doesn't sound like a goalkeeper could it be a striker Southend's Stephen Humphrey been listed and wants a move near home (Oldham) Rochdale been turned down although it would require a fee just wondering.
accytom18 likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:33   #145
Senior Member+

Johnson off to Pompey according to rumours
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:14   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Johnson off to Pompey according to rumours
If rumours are correct and the lad wants a move then money in would be welcome to the club to cover Covid losses a loss if it does happen but new systems and players Sama might fill that role we wait and see.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:32   #147
Senior Member+

The ‘Grass is always Greener’ on the other side...it would seem!

Last edited by choirboy; 06-09-2020 at 09:35.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:13   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
The ‘Grass is always Greener’ on the other side...it would seem!
All over social media now about Callum £200,000 fee being bandied about if true and he wants to go is that rumoured fee enough?
Old 06-09-2020, 10:54   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
All over social media now about Callum £200,000 fee being bandied about if true and he wants to go is that rumoured fee enough?

Nowhere near.... But a with a year left on his contract I don't think we have much option other than to take it?
cashman and pifco like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:01   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Nowhere near.... But a with a year left on his contract I don't think we have much option other than to take it?
Especially if he wants to go if it happens it will undoubtedly be undisclosed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..