Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2020, 18:45   #226

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I just don't get it.
Bereft of cover up top, bereft of goalkeeper cover, so let's sign another midfielder.
Don't give up on a keeper yet, but Stanley Josh may be right..........as for striker cover.....its always been a problem for Stanley.........JC's solution is often to look for goals from midfielders.....I've seen this since our non-league days.........whether it can work in League 1 is another matter.......but we will see.
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2020, 18:55   #227
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me anyone who reckons Stanley can sign an out and out Striker has rocks in their head,J.C. has to do the best he can with peanuts.and he aint done so bad oer the years imho.
monkey hanger and Watchdog like this.
Old 02-10-2020, 19:18   #228
Senior Member+

If we sign or loan eight bloody midfielders with a lot from Premier clubs we can sign a forward.
Stop talking rhubarb.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 19:30   #229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
If we sign or loan eight bloody midfielders with a lot from Premier clubs we can sign a forward.
Stop talking rhubarb.
its you that talks rhubarb but slong as you think it thats fine with me.
Old 02-10-2020, 19:54   #230
God Member

Thumbs down Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me anyone who reckons Stanley can sign an out and out Striker has rocks in their head,J.C. has to do the best he can with peanuts.and he aint done so bad oer the years imho.
Michael Symes, Pádraig Almond, Billy Kee, Kayden Jackson and Terry Gornall Coley signing,s not to mention Shay McCarten, Francis Jeffers and James Beatie come on Cashy there is probably more but that's enough, it's clear to me and a lot of others on here we need a striker hopefully if we don't get one we will all be proven wrong.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 19:56   #231
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

of coarse we need a striker but i said an out and out striker which we can never afford but big head thinks we can, cmon andy none of those were one of them. sure they suited stanley but never in a million years where they out and outers.

Last edited by cashman; 02-10-2020 at 19:59.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 20:26   #232
God Member

Question Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
of coarse we need a striker but i said an out and out striker which we can never afford but big head thinks we can, cmon andy none of those were one of them. sure they suited stanley but never in a million years where they out and outers.
Out and outers are few and far between but good experienceied strikers are out there and personally must be one who could fit the bill and not break the bank.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:37   #233
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Out and outers are few and far between but good experienceied strikers are out there and personally must be one who could fit the bill and not break the bank.
every season and almost every club are looking to better their strike force. troube is that stanley are well down the pecking order and have to take players who are a bit of a gamble or that the club can make something of. then there,s the kayden jackson types where the talk is then about how long he,ll remain a stanley player anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:47   #234
God Member

think by 5pm next saturday it may show what type of season stanley may be going to have. could end up playing three games like the peterborough one or 3 like the oxford one. its still very early for any gloom and doom.
LongLostSon and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 18:12   #235
God Member

Question Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Don't give up on a keeper yet, but Stanley Josh may be right..........as for striker cover.....its always been a problem for Stanley.........JC's solution is often to look for goals from midfielders.....I've seen this since our non-league days.........whether it can work in League 1 is another matter.......but we will see.
Coley,s post match interview tonight confirming he hopes to bring another keeper in an experienced striker and possibly one other before closing of window, saying that the squad in real terms is quite small boosted numbers by young kids for the future.
Old 03-10-2020, 19:47   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Coley,s post match interview tonight confirming he hopes to bring another keeper in an experienced striker and possibly one other before closing of window, saying that the squad in real terms is quite small boosted numbers by young kids for the future.
Andyd.....I hope he does too.....just not holding my breath!

The current team gelling nicely even though they are still a work progress.

Would think there will be the maximum changes allowed on Tuesday night.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 15:39   #237
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1245242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
When I started this thread 2 months ago, I would never, ever have thought that we would have the amount of players we have......!!

I keep seeing/hearing about Covid19 and it will affect playing budgets, what I did not realise is, it would mean more spending????

Will be interesting to see on Monday, how much is spent and how many players move....

[/QUOTE

You reading this Andyd ? So much for cutbacks etc and this is little old Stanley.
Everybody predicting the end of football but transfer window on fire !
International deadline day to be renamed dead day.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:59   #238
God Member

Coley has confirmed there will be 2 incoming players today - just hope one of them isn't another midfielder, think we're good for those at the moment John
andyd likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:40   #239
Full Member+

'Football Insider' says one of them is Michael Nottingham on a permanent from Blackpool
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:51   #240
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
'Football Insider' says one of them is Michael Nottingham on a permanent from Blackpool
Football Insider has a keeper rumour as well: https://www.footballinsider247.com/a...fer-exclusive/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..