Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2021, 13:43   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 5 v MK Dons (away)

2-1 to franchise fc for me and 1-1 for Ange...cheers!
Old 29-08-2021, 20:51   #32
Senior Member+

Just got back from caravan holiday on Sunday in the Lake District and had no access to the internet so I was unable to post my prediction! It would have been wrong anyway!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2021, 08:37   #33
Senior Member+

Blessed Are The Pragmatists, as Nige B Rises To The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Seven think we’ll win, seven think we’ll draw, and seven think we’ll lose
And it wound up as nine nine nine , on a day when we could have done with the Emergency Services .

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Just got back from caravan holiday on Sunday in the Lake District and had no access to the internet so I was unable to post my prediction! It would have been wrong anyway!
That's fine, anything you guessed would have spoilt my intro line

In fact Choirboy was the only one of our players to go missing on this occasion, though some of Coley's may have done the same, judging by the comments of those who saw the game .

Moving swiftly on, Cashman and LongLostSon were the only 2 of the 9 fence jumpers who landed in the right spot to pick up a maxi . The other 7 all dropped one bonus point by thinking we'd score and 3 of them dropped the other one by thinking we'd concede 3 . 3 of the fence sitters picked up a bonus point by going for a Desmond. Nowt for the rest of us .

All of which leaving Nige B sitting on top of our heap with 17 points, one clear of Cashman, with Mike A hanging on to the final podium spot on countback from Div3North and Shurm. Two previous winners, Kiwi John and Ange B, are demonstrating their continuing strength by holding up the table at the other end .

So after another diversion, with a Papa John's pizza the action bringing Barrow back to the Crown after a long hiatus, it'll be the furry pointy-nosed chaps rolling up on Saturday, after gaining their first points of the season last weekend . So let's hope we can rediscover the lost art of putting the leather spheroid into the onion bag in time to rule out any chance of a repeat.

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 280821 - 28 Aug 21.doc (72.5 KB, 15 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..