Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2021, 15:31   #106
God Member

Re: 2021/22 Season Tickets??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no just before di and a bloke and his wife that stands near me was coming away and he told me.
Was only asking cos it said between 1 & 4 today, if it wasn't much before 1 you'd think a few minutes wouldn't have mattered
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2021, 16:20   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh i know it said the time but was only 5 or so mins early.
Old 12-08-2021, 15:59   #108
God Member

Last I heard was 1040 season tickets sold bit disappointed when kept at early bird prices never been a better offer, but money may be tight post Covid or some have got out of the habit will be interesting to see what the average gate will be at the season,s end up or down.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 17:11   #109
God Member

Morecambe have surpassed 2000 season tickets sold hold my hand up to them that is great amount for them slightly jealous to be honest.
Old 12-08-2021, 17:12   #110
God Member

I was thinking the same myself Andy, but - after speaking with The Club - taking into account, Loyalty Cards have gone, some are still worried/nervous about Covid and some have gone and will not return sadly.......

Good point about the gates coming up, but I think we will both be disappointed......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 23:48   #111
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

St sold sofare 1045
Old 13-08-2021, 04:35   #112
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Morecambe have surpassed 2000 season tickets sold hold my hand up to them that is great amount for them slightly jealous to be honest.
Jealous of Morecambe, really?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 07:26   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I know what you mean, 2000 is a great result for them
cashman, andyd and monkey hanger like this.

Old 13-08-2021, 07:27   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Jealous of Morecambe, really?
Of Morecambe never I mean slightly jealous of the number of tickets sold if we got to that many we would with walk ons and away fans be close to self sufficient as Andy and chairman before him have quoted 3000+ average and we would be self sufficient in profit making and not requiring money injections.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-08-2021, 07:47   #115
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1256155]I was thinking the same myself Andy, but - after speaking with The Club - taking into account, Loyalty Cards have gone, some are still worried/nervous about Covid and some have gone and will not return sadly.......

Good point about the gates coming up, but I think we will both be disappointed......

all that did not seem to affect gates last saturday. there must be the novalty value of not seeing a live game for 18 months. its a pity that we,ll be having a not too exiting opposition on saturday to see what we,d be getting. they,ll bring hardly any fans and anything over 2,500 will be a good gate.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 07:50   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I know what you mean, 2000 is a great result for them
on top of promotion and the novalty factor of a new division has helped though. its not as if they have clubs a short bus ride from them either.
Old 13-08-2021, 07:59   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
on top of promotion and the novalty factor of a new division has helped though. its not as if they have clubs a short bus ride from them either.
Your probably right Monkey Hanger but this about clubs close by is like a scratched record, Andy and his great team plus volunteers are doing a lot to attract new fans including the costly yearly shirt give away all to be admired, but I sometimes think it's like banging your head against a wall. We will only have regular full houses at the Wham if we got into the championship and they would be swelled by away support, don't forget they can have three quarters of the stand plus coppice end.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:23   #118
God Member

even without other clubs existing nearby every club in the country will have a minimum and maximum number of fans no matter which division they play in. fans of some clubs have a real inflated views of their clubs. even if stanley did get into the championship and stayed there struggling for 3 seasons, by the third season the novalty will have worn off with the new fans and there wiould be plenty of spaces in the ground. can see the same at morecambe if they do the same in div.1. 5,000 hartlepool fans in their return to the league last saturday.unless they have a good season that i cannot see happening it will be down to their 3,000 regulars by christmas.
andyd likes this.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:52   #119
God Member

Quote:
even without other clubs existing nearby every club in the country will have a minimum and maximum number of fans no matter which division they play in. fans of some clubs have a real inflated views of their clubs. even if stanley did get into the championship and stayed there struggling for 3 seasons, by the third season the novalty will have worn off with the new fans and there wiould be plenty of spaces in the ground. can see the same at morecambe if they do the same in div.1. 5,000 hartlepool fans in their return to the league last saturday.unless they have a good season that i cannot see happening it will be down to their 3,000 regulars by christmas.
Your spot on obviously trying to attract new young fans is a way forward but this is no guarantee they become life long supporters, the new facilities at the Wham have to be applauded as they will keep our growing fan base interested before they were no fault of anybody nothing short of a sty. We grow slowly hopefully but talk on here, twitter and Facebook about 3 to 4 thousand on Saturday are what dreams are made of be great if we did.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:36   #120
God Member

Quote:
I am sure that we have been promoted in the past??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..