Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2007, 15:55   #1
Senior Member+

3 Days to go until transfer window closes

So far during January we've lost 4 players (Byron, Jacobson, Baines and Elliott), whilst gaining 1 (2?) player(s) (McGrail on loan for 1 month and possibly this Portugese lad).

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we were supposed to be strengthening the squad, not reducing it. I know Colemaan has been trying to sign players, but apart from the publicity of the Donaldson 'attempt', we seem to have not moved forward at all during the last month.

I really hope that my prediction doesn't come true, and we don't end up signing either no players at all, or just a few kids on loan, between now and Wednesday.
Old 28-01-2007, 16:20   #2
God Member

Re: 3 Days to go until transfer window closes

IMHO whatever happens we are goibg to be faced with the same prospect we had four weeks ago, hanging on for dear life and hoping that the other relegation candidates continue to cut each others throats.

If the worst happens and we sign nobody further at least we have Captain Cav on the comeback trail, Andy two games Tretton must be somewhere near and Boco is pretty much back to full fitness. Things looked worse than they were a few weeks ago because of the suspensions kicking in at the same time as we were down to the bones, Bristol being a particular low point. I'm not saying that what we have will suffice but surely we have had our fill of bad injuries now? and surely the squad will have had it drilled into them to avoid the sillier bookings and red cards that we are susceptible to?

Here's hoping, and at least if nothing else it will be a rollercoasting, excitable, frustrating run in where we are all as bad as one another. The big day is Rochdale, have you booked your seat yet?
Old 28-01-2007, 20:43   #3
Full Member+

If nothing else, we the supporters have to keep going, and keep showing the club that we're behind them whether we've made any signings or not.

As for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Here's hoping, and at least if nothing else it will be a rollercoasting, excitable, frustrating run in where we are all as bad as one another. The big day is Rochdale, have you booked your seat yet?
I agree, it will be an exciting and tense final run... makes it all th better, and as well as some teams will crumble under the pressure, I hope it will be more of a 'push-on' situation for the Players + the Club itself.

Fight on to the last breath Stanley I say!

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 21:49   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
I agree, it will be an exciting and tense final run... makes it all th better
Does it?....personally, I'd prefer the boredom of mid-table safety!
Old 28-01-2007, 23:06   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Does it?....personally, I'd prefer the boredom of mid-table safety!
By all the better i meant more along the lines o entertainment value

Of course I would have liked us to be safe, but unfortunately we aren't, so I guess we have to make do.

Just trying to put a positive spin on things

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..