Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Canvey Promted/Leigh Relegated (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/canvey-promted-leigh-relegated-3754.html)

AccyStanFan 10-04-2004 23:01

Canvey Promted/Leigh Relegated

Todays news! Canvey Promted/Leigh Relegated

Stanley4Life 11-04-2004 12:07

Re: Canvey Promted/Leigh Relegated

bye leigh bye bye leigh r.m.i
o'h well our thrasahin team has gone

Outback Ozzy 12-04-2004 09:17

Not so fast chums, No team from Unibond means Leigh could still stay in the Conference, It is between them and Farnboro as to who stays in and who goes to Conference North/South. All this is assuming Barra don't get into 2nd spot - so it is still up in the air yet

Bazf 12-04-2004 15:06

:rose8: Good job Exeters not involved we could have had more law suits.;)

Outback Ozzy 12-04-2004 20:15

Further to my last message, Just read in the Wigan Evening Post (dated today Monday) Leigh are hoping that not only on the Unibond scene, but because Farnboro, Telford are in financial strife and Margate have a problem with Hartsdown Park, that any or all of these clubs may be relegated/forced out of the conference, so Stanley may yet be playing at Leigh next seasonand if all three go and only two are promoted then both Leigh and possibly Northwich Vics could escape. Lets hope that it doesn't go to court then.

Jimbo T Hornblower 12-04-2004 20:19

Eeeeeeee woteva appened to gud owd fash'end 3 up 3 down :)

Jimbo T :horn8: blower

AccyStanFan 12-04-2004 20:54

i do belive that if u finish it a relegation position u shud be relegated.

Bazf 12-04-2004 21:01

:rose8: True but now its all about Money.

Jimbo T Hornblower 13-04-2004 07:08

And lawyers ;)

Jimbo T :horn8: blower

AccyStanFan 13-04-2004 15:05

lol, so its now left leigh fighting for 3rd relegation place, class

simon 13-04-2004 22:04

Making a mockery of football all this.. If you are stupid and spend beyond your means then (telford, exeter) you should be penalized instead of clubs who have kept to there budjet and hence could not show a higher(but false) league position.......................................... .............

Even kids know if you have 2 pound in your pocket you can spend 2 pound or less but not more.......................

Come on conference sort it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AccyMad 14-04-2004 11:35

In the Non League paper on Sunday there was a letter questioning how Exeter were being allowed to play Sean Devine when they have not paid any money to Wycombe for him - a debt which has been outstanding for over 12 months! Seems this cheating lark is nothing new at Exeter!

Outback Ozzy 14-04-2004 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad
In the Non League paper on Sunday there was a letter questioning how Exeter were being allowed to play Sean Devine when they have not paid any money to Wycombe for him - a debt which has been outstanding for over 12 months! Seems this cheating lark is nothing new at Exeter!

Read the same article myself, maybe the lawyers will fight on a no win, no fee basis, but hang on chums, wasn't that the deal when they fought the conference, so how have they been paid for their last battle???? the plot thickens!!

LongLostSon 15-04-2004 23:04

my understanding (?) is that Leigh stay put unless Barrow can overhaul Droylsden for 2nd spot in the Unibond - however, said it afore 'n i'll say it again - surely David McNiven and all his goals merit some thought Stanleywise - need young legs in a striker, otherwise Coley would be first choice every week ! Anyone any opinions on the lad ?

Wynonie Harris 16-04-2004 07:48

David McNiven is an outstanding player in an otherwise mediocre team. The statistics don't lie - second highest scorer in the conference with 24 goals to his credit, yet his team are second from bottom. Even if Leigh do stay up, he will surely want to move to a more ambitious, better-supported club. The only question is, does he want to make the leap to full-time?