Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Farewell, thou good and faithful servants. . . (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/farewell-thou-good-and-faithful-servants-3906.html)

Henry Morton 26-04-2004 10:59

Farewell, thou good and faithful servants. . .

Very sorry to hear of the departure of some good men who've almost become like friends. When Dean is fit again I'm sure he'll be a great player for some lucky Yorkshire club; John Durnin has made a lasting impression on many of us; Goucky is probably the most photographed and interviewed player in the history of the club , thanks to his amazing televised FA Cup goal.

A big "Thank you",then, to every one of the players who is leaving for whatever reason (and please let's not hear too many cries of anguish directed at the management - difficult decisions have to be made) and you may rest assured that we'll follow your careers with interest.

Tin Monkey 26-04-2004 12:08

Re: Farewell, thou good and faithful servants. . .

Any surprises in the list of leavers? Not for me.

I wonder if there'll be any others? There are still a few more that I thought wouldn't stay next season.

Like you say Henry, good servants for the club and good luck to them in the future. Although I doubt Gouck was the most interviewed and photographed player in our history. I'd have thought Paul Beck would still hold that title. ;)

KIPAX 26-04-2004 12:12

No real supises.. I think a couple of those players where brought in with 1 seasn in mind and where probably told that.

I think there will be more..In fact i would put money on it... I wonder if the released players will be at the presentation evening on the 15th May.. It would be nice to be able to say goodbye to these players.

It's the list of who is coming in that will be of most interest :)

SuperAccyStan 26-04-2004 14:26

No, please no. Gouck can't leave, he's my hero!! What will we do without him?!?

Bottletop 26-04-2004 14:31

There will be more pies to go round now Goucky's going.

All the very best to all that are leaving and hope they find success where ever they go.

AccyStanFan 26-04-2004 15:58

was suprised by jerome fitzjerald going, only one, still thought deano was useful. good lyuck to all of them could be useful to unibond clubs. :)

SuperAccyStan 26-04-2004 17:00

Jerome Fitzjerald hasn't been with us very long and I thought he was a good player. Still, we have the Division One and Division Two players to sign yet.

Footiegirl 26-04-2004 20:30

Is there any news on if Jamo is staying or not, cos i think we would be lost without him.

:wave8: JAMO!!!:wave8:

simon 26-04-2004 23:00

Sad to see some familiar faces will be missing next season :( Also two favourite chants going :( But lets hope they all find success in there new directions And a BIG thank you for helping us do so well this season :)

Mik Griff 26-04-2004 23:56

I'll be sad to see most of them leave, but most of all opssibly Dean, I always thought he had a lot of skill, and when fully fit will be a great player.

Good luck to all of the lads, in whichever direction they go.

Jimbo T Hornblower 27-04-2004 20:32

According to which source is all this? :eek: :confused:

Jimbo T :horn8: blower

simon 27-04-2004 21:13

Try the official site jimbo under comings and goings :) don't start crying though ;)

s-s-c 28-04-2004 15:13

im surprised at gerome goin he has only bin here 5 mins !!!!!

whats the news on jamo???

s-s-c :)

Bluebird 28-04-2004 16:11

What positions do your released players play?

Barrow were linked with Gouck a while back and I seem to remember he was.......a bit on the large side shall we say! He did score a beauty against Bournemouth? though

The two players we want off you would be Mullin and James-who wouldn't want them?

Have you got any centre halves, ball winning midfielders, wingers going free?

Cheers and good luck going FT-spend carefully!

AccyStanFan 28-04-2004 16:33

gouky scored againgst huddersfield and his link with barra was rumour.

Calcutts a good winger, too good for barra :)

and jerome fiztgerald would be an excellent signing for anyone other than barra :)