Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   "No Major Influx of Players" - Heys (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/no-major-influx-of-players-heys-39910.html)

shakermaker 31-05-2008 14:41

"No Major Influx of Players" - Heys

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ey/7428646.stm

12 out - not many coming in. This is for all the people up in arms demanding a spending spree over summer. We really don't have a pot to pee in.

jaysay 31-05-2008 15:10

Re: "No Major Influx of Players" - Heys

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 584875)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ey/7428646.stm

12 out - not many coming in. This is for all the people up in arms demanding a spending spree over summer. We really don't have a pot to pee in.

Well according to ceefax cheif exec Rob Hayes has said fans should not expect a major influx of new pre-season signings. not loking good shaker

Tin Monkey 31-05-2008 15:15

At least we won't have to build that stand.

shakermaker 31-05-2008 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 584894)
Well according to ceefax cheif exec Rob Hayes has said fans should not expect a major influx of new pre-season signings. not loking good shaker

Yeah I read it on Ceefax first, it's the same article as the link I posted jaysay.
Could be worse, we could still have Paul Crichton :D

Pendle Red 01-06-2008 06:10

Nothing we probably did not already know?

Pendle Red 01-06-2008 06:13

I heard the interview on Radio Lancs on Friday Evening and I don't think there is any major shock in what Rob was taking about, if we can somehow have a tighter defence, a little more creativity in midfield and somebody to play off Mullin then I think we are in for a far better Season than last:)

As certain teams have proved throughout the Leagues if the Loan Market is used correctly then things can happen & move clubs on to the next level

Here's to a succesful 3rd Season in the Football League

Let's prove all the Knockers & Doubter's wrong:tongueout

Haggis316 01-06-2008 12:37

I think the time has come for the club to take stock. According to legend, Icarus flew too close to the Sun and his wings melted. He fell to earth with a bump.

It may be considered doubtful if the club has the financial clout to stay in the League in the medium to long term and rebuild its support basis and a controlled descent to the BSP is better than throwing unaffordable money at new players on year plus contracts and possibly endangering the club's financial position - especially with the concerns over the sponsorship.

These are not necessarily my views because I have a strong emotional attachment to Stanley being in the League but they are views some might take.

Dan Jones of Deloittes Accountants issued a warning to League 1 and 2 Clubs in the Times last week:

"Jones adds a warning for clubs in League One and Two, where there have been a series of administration orders on clubs such as Luton Town and Bournemouth. “Below the top two divisions, managing the club's financial position remains a challenge,” Jones says. “Legacy debt issues and the risks taken by some boards of directors will, without correction, inevitably lead to a continuing flow of insolvencies.”

Pendle Red 01-06-2008 13:06

Whilst I agree about taking stock Haggis and know that some will share those views, that should just be the type of gauntlet that should picked up and thrown back! Yes it will be a major challenge to bring a New Sponsor on board! to find ways to fund the building of the new stand! To keep us moving forward on limited Budgets! To try to attract New fans!

But is this not what the people connected to the Club have been doing for the past 40 Years!

Yes my God it is a challenge but surely it is one that should be grasped and turned around and looked at as an oppurtunity for the Club to reinvent itself so to speak and safeguard it's future, by attracting New Investments with a Shirt Deal, a Stand Deal, more outward investment into the Club, ways of making people want to come along on Matchday and keep coming back!

INDUSTRY & PRUDENCE CONQUER!

If the worst did happen and we did go back to the BSP, It would not solve anything! While also being something the Club may not bounce back from?

Outback Ozzy 01-06-2008 21:17

Whilst we may not have any major signings, a certain esteemed manager stated a week last Friday, he wanted all his signings in place by this Friday coming at the latest. Lets see if that will happen - I for doubt it.

DAV007 02-06-2008 18:24

club website mentions 3 players.
i think its essential after the terrible attitude of most of the 11 who have left (and some who remain) this past season, that we get in players who are hungry with something to prove.

Outback Ozzy 02-06-2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 585975)
club website mentions 3 players.
i think its essential after the terrible attitude of most of the 11 who have left (and some who remain) this past season, that we get in players who are hungry with something to prove.

Who is the mystery 3rd man Dav. Club website mentions Chris King and Colin Murdock. What it does say is that JC is talking to Anthony Barry and Gary Roberts but both may want too much money so you cannot count those.
:confused:

MCR ADIM 02-06-2008 23:12

that would make four
1. Chris King
2. Colin Murdock
3. Anthony Barry
4. Gary Roberts

we have only signed the first two people so far! which makes two

Tin Monkey 03-06-2008 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR ADIM (Post 586181)
that would make four
1. Chris King
2. Colin Murdock
3. Anthony Barry
4. Gary Roberts

we have only signed the first two people so far! which makes two

We haven't actually signed any players.

Pendle Red 03-06-2008 06:12

Most players are not out of contract till July 01st:)

One player released yesterday by Stockport who would be worth a punt and could be the foil we need for Mullers;)

http://www.stockportcounty.premiumtv...9~9982,00.html

Outback Ozzy 03-06-2008 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 586215)
Most players are not out of contract till July 01st:)

One player released yesterday by Stockport who would be worth a punt and could be the foil we need for Mullers;)

http://www.stockportcounty.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10419~9982,00.html

Thought the same myself Google Page Ranking - wouldn't cost the club a penny to get but would have to offer a contract too, which may put the club off if they are looking for loan only players.