Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2015, 18:14   #1

3G Surface

I have a good idea, a 3G surface should be installed because then games wouldn't be postponed due to bad weather so I hope a 3G surface can be installed during next summer.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2015, 18:35   #2

Re: 3G Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I have a good idea, a 3G surface should be installed because then games wouldn't be postponed due to bad weather so I hope a 3G surface can be installed during next summer.
OMG, I was hoping, in vain, that you would'nt show your face on here again, I have no alternative than to block you, as I can't be responsible for any future comments I may make in response to your idiotic posts.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 18:40   #3

Quote:
BTW.....are you going to send a letter to the club with your latest brilliant suggestion??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 18:48   #4
Full Member+

You need to play on grass these days, hence no one has artificial pitches any more.

Surely if they were allowed we would get a 4G one rather than some mid 90's 3G?
Chrisr likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 18:52   #5

Perhaps we could move to the Scottish league as they allow artificial surfaces. Easy travel for me:-D
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 20:00   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
OMG, I was hoping, in vain, that you would'nt show your face on here again, I have no alternative than to block you, as I can't be responsible for any future comments I may make in response to your idiotic posts.
I'll join you !......hope all users follow suit !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 20:56   #7
Full Member+

you crack on somerset and get it installed, at your expense
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 06:59   #8
Senior Member+

Somerset makes a fair point, modern 3G pitches are very good.

However, above the 7th tier (the one under the conference north and South) they are not permitted by the FA.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 07:57   #9

They are now allowed in the National League (Conference) North and South. Not sure about the top division but definitely not in the Football League.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 08:14   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

However, above the 7th tier (the one under the conference north and South) they are not permitted by the FA.
Hi Dav !.

'Somerset' doesn't do 'fair points' and I'm surprised that you hadn't noticed the lack of sincerity and true concern for our Club shining out in his posts !.

ps.. An early vote for your Fan of The Year competition ?..... Joint Winners if only for this weekend's evidence of their total commitment to our Club, must be Deayess and Revived Red. Their efforts to defeat the problems caused by the dreadful weather were remarkable and admirable !.

Early compliments of the season to you !.
mab likes this.
Old 13-12-2015, 08:53   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

we have now got 4G another improvement on 3G but it will be years before the FA allow its use at football league level unless the greedy league are interested. I remember in the 50,s clubs who had floodlights could only play friendly games under them until the FA got into the 20th. century and allowed them getting rid of those stupid 6.00 kick offs we had. changes seem to take years I,m afraid.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:12   #12
God Member

[QUOTE=Somerset;1156619]I have a good idea, a 3G surface should be installed because then games wouldn't be postponed due to bad weather[/QUOTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (84.5 KB, 38 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:47   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Oh do ****** off will you
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:51   #14
I am Banned

4G pitches get flooded easier as water can't drain through as quick it also gets very slippy when wet so they're more dangerous
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 14:31   #15
Senior Member+

Like I said just BLANK him.....as a New Year Resolution on everyone's part !.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..