Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Unreasonable Alty (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/unreasonable-alty-4126.html)

This Charming Man 13-05-2004 09:14

Unreasonable Alty

Just seen on official site that our bid for Craney of Alty has been rejected. Does anyone know if we plan to increase our offer, or are they asking for a ridiculous fee? Seems like just the sort of att mid we need (and is almost half the age of johnrose!!) so wud be gutting not to get him

baldy 13-05-2004 09:19

Re: Unreasonable Alty

I THINK WE WAS PLANNING TO TRY AND GET PLAYERS AS CHEAP AS WE CAN
LIKE PEOPLE OUT OF CONTRACT EG LEE McEVILLY

simon 13-05-2004 09:34

Lets not forget the trouble so many clubs are in at the moment :( They can not run their clubs the way they want because of money problems............

I think it is a brave and wise move to stick to your guns..

The easy option is too say give e'm the money.......... The hard answer is to say Lets spend a lot more time and effort to find a better deal :)

KIPAX 13-05-2004 09:43

The mystery is solved.. It would seem Craney is a farmer and Alty have offered him free use of the pitch over the summer to grow some spuds... Craney found the offer too good to refuse.

Story and pics from our intrepid reporter....Loweiy :)

http://home.btclick.com/a.greenwood/alty2.jpg

http://home.btclick.com/a.greenwood/alty1.jpg

KIPAX 13-05-2004 09:48

UNIBOND FOREVER!

Pic by Loweiy

http://home.btclick.com/a.greenwood/alty3.jpg

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2004 09:50

A apeculative figure of £50,000 was mentioned on the Evening Telegraph website the other day. Seems a hell of a lot of money for a Unibond player.

Much better to stick within budget...we don't want to end up like Telford!

This Charming Man 13-05-2004 10:23

If thats true, then we shud leave it well alone. No way we shud be splashing out that kinda money on him. Tho i really hope we don't get Johnrose- it'd surely be another 'Stretch' all over again!

Ps Judging by the pics of their pitch, Craney wouldn't be well versed enough in our 'total football' style anyway!!

Smiffy16 13-05-2004 10:45

I think Lenny Johnrose would be a good addition to our squad

loweiy 13-05-2004 11:42

old lenny can fill the hole left by our old sunderland pro

Bazf 13-05-2004 13:07

Altys take on it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Accrington Stanley recently announced on their website that they had made a "substantial" offer for Altrincham captain and leading scorer, Ian Craney. The Board of Altrincham FC discussed the offer on Monday night and have since informed the Lancashire club that the bid is not to be accepted. Should an acceptable offer from any club be received for Ian, and should he wish to go, Altrincham would not stand in his way, though they would be very sad to see him go. However, the Stanley offer was equivalent to only a fifth of the fee paid to Altrincham by Macclesfield for left-back Danny Adams in 2000-01 season. Although the Stanley offer included added sums based on future appearances as well as a sell-on clause, the bid was considered to be well below Altrincham's valuation of the player. Ian has made 197 starts and 17 substitute appearances for The Robins and has won an England semi-pro international cap.

Accrington's site reported today that "Stanley's bid for 21 year old midfielder Ian Craney has been turned down by Altrincham, with the Manchester club looking for more money for their captain. [Stanley] Chairman Eric Whalley said 'We are disappointed that Altrincham haven't accepted what was a very reasonable offer for Ian, especially as the young lad was very keen to come and join us as a full time professional footballer. Maybe they think that we have money to throw around, however I can assure everyone that this is not the case, in fact it wasn't our intention to spend any money at all on transfer fees'".

This Charming Man 13-05-2004 13:34

Wud be interesting to know how much Macclesfield paid for that household name 'danny adams'.

Also, wasn't 00/01 around the height of the transfer fee boom, when prices for all players (especially famous players such as 'danny') were dramatically inflated?

Bazf 13-05-2004 13:42

25,000!!!!!! "Altrincham midfielder Ian Craney is worth much more than Accrington Stanley have offered, according to Robins' boss Graham Heathcote... Heathcote said, 'In my personal opinion, the offer is nowhere near what he is worth. I was involved in the Danny Adams transfer to Macclesfield and the comparative valuations make Danny out to be a much better player than Ian', added Heathcote. This would suggest that Stanley have valued Craney at less than the £25,000 which Macclesfield paid Alty for left-back Danny Adams"

This Charming Man 13-05-2004 14:17

Thats a real gem of an insight from the Alty manager into the inner workings of transfers. Who'd have thought that managers would actually be INVOLVED in the transferring of their players!!!

Anyway surely no-ones gonna pay fifty grand for craney???

Willie Miller 13-05-2004 15:42

Not being funny at all,

a:) he played was in the cream of englands non league (with cav) in the last england squad
b:) have you seen him play?

I'd be happy to see him in a Stanley shirt but wouldn't be held to ransom in what is a very poor (as a seller) market

Jase

Crossy42 30-05-2004 16:52

According to the nlp Craney is going to sign for us.

[QUOTE] Altringham striker Ian Craney looks set to sign
a full time contract with Accrington Stanley.
Craney,who has just 12 months left on his deal,
is reluctant to quit Altringham but the lure of a proffesional
contract appears too good for him to turn down.
"I would love to play full-time with Altringham but even if we go
up into the Conference next season it's unlikley.I have my own
career to think of",he said.