Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Please Read; The Seats The Facts!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/please-read-the-seats-the-facts-44217.html)

southernred 30-11-2008 10:57

Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Here are the facts re the extra seats required:

The Football League rules state that all member clubs must have 2000 COVERED seats by the 1st of May of the 3rd seson of membership.
On this basis we can't seat the Coppice end without building a Clayton End type cover ( Seat cost + roof cost 200K approx) This expensive option would also reduce the FES under the 5000 capacity required. Therefore currently a none starter.

The next option was to put a number of temporary modular stands each section with 80 seats in on the Whinney Hill side. Again cost was prohibitive and no grants would be available

The next big option was a brand new all signing and dancing 1000 seater stand with new facalities (dressing rooms, offices, corperate facilities etc ) This would cost around 400K with a 40% Football Foundation grant available. Cost to ASFC around £240K For obvious reasons, at present a non starter.

The final option that was only discovered this week is the current plan Dave O'Neill outlined in the programme yesterday. If we add seats under the Cowshed roof it will give us an option of seating the away fans at minimal expense ( we are making use of what already exists)

Finally we have looked at a stand at Macclesfield where seats are placed in front of the terracing, exactly what the current plan is. By using the existing profile of the Clayton End, there will be a minor loss of capacity, but we will conform to the FL regulations. We will be making the best use of the existing Clayton End roof and space.

We agree nobody may use these seats BUT they have to be in place.

Lets stop moaning about the Football League rules, we all knew when we beat Woking that the club and ground would have to change. Lets concentrate on bringing new fans in.

Somebody on another post has said that its going to be rather crowded on the Clayton End. Surely that will make for a better atmosphere??
Currently there are around 600 loyal fans that use the Clayton End and the Whinney Hill. This area has a current capacity of over 2000. Personally can't see an issue. If you want me to have a wander around at the next match, I'll gladly do so.

Lets be positive, we all want ASFC to progress as a FOOTBALL LEAGUE team, these changes are vital to do so.

As and when funds become available, other plans MAY allow us to look at the other options that have been outlined, and then allow the club to return the Clayton End to full terracing ( Goverment Legislation permitting)

Wynonie Harris 30-11-2008 11:11

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

OK, cheers for giving us the facts, SR. Still think it's going to feel a bit strange, but as it would seem that there is no other economically viable option, we'll just have to grin and bear it! :)

lancsdave 30-11-2008 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernred (Post 656124)
As and when funds become available, other plans MAY allow us to look at the other options that have been outlined, and then allow the club to return the Clayton End to full terracing ( Goverment Legislation permitting)

I would think there is more chance of seeing Champions League football at the FES than wait for the clowns in power to make football grounds how specatators want them. In which case you will have to have an all seater stadium anyway so at least the first phase will be in place :D

SamF 30-11-2008 12:26

Don't see how we don't have funds for players and we don't have funds for a stand - we got a hell of a lot for craney and it just seems to have disappeared.

K-P 30-11-2008 12:43

the club did state that seats in the clayton end would not be an option... kept everyone quiet and happy at the time.. oh well.. i guess i was just as gullible as the rest..

Tin Monkey 30-11-2008 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 656148)
Don't see how we don't have funds for players and we don't have funds for a stand - we got a hell of a lot for craney and it just seems to have disappeared.

Running a full time club, with full-time League 2 players, on regular gates of less than 1500.... I don't think we need Nancy Drew to solve that mystery do we?

Thanks SR for your clarification. It will mean changes to the way that we consume our football, but it seems the most logical and sensible resolution.

K-P 30-11-2008 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 656155)
Running a full time club, with full-time League 2 players, on regular gates of less than 1500.... I don't think we need Nancy Drew to solve that mystery do we?

so you think when the club budget for the season to run the club they take into account selling a couple of our best players to survive ? or do you think the club budgeted for more than 1500 fans and where forced to sell..

I gave you a hell of a lot more credit than this TM..

K-P 30-11-2008 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 656155)
Thanks SR for your clarification. .

I remember people thanking the club for clarifying there wouldnt be seats going in the clayton end... wierd eh :)

Tin Monkey 30-11-2008 12:58

Maybe the club can operate more on its own merits due to increased revenue, rather than relying on top-ups from certain individuals? Who knows? I'm a shareholder and have no idea how the club operates financially.

As for my thanking SR, then it seemed the polite thing to do as he regularly communicates with the fans via the forum. It's a nice and appreciated touch.

Have you been eating lemons for lunch K-P? You seem a little bitter.

southernred 30-11-2008 13:03

Please believe me the Clayton End seat option was only thought of this week.

We really wanted to develop the Whinney Hill side, but the seating experts have suggested the Clayton End option.

There has been no intention to upset or decive our loyal fans.

We have to take the cheapest option at present UNLESS there's a very generous benefactor out there.

With current average gates of less than 2000 things like the Craney sales, Tranmere TV money etc are going into the day to day account. The money simply isn't available for impressive ground development.

cashman 30-11-2008 13:25

the fact that the club have no extra dosh, has always been obvious to all but the very dim IMHO. those that think different need a reality check! do they want league football is the question. ya don't have to be happy about it (i aint), but thats the way it is.

ddevil2006 30-11-2008 14:23

If the club has no extra cash how are they going to buy the seat's for a start, or are we going to use the Great Harwood Town style concrete block and plank approach, who know's

cashman 30-11-2008 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddevil2006 (Post 656184)
If the club has no extra cash how are they going to buy the seat's for a start, or are we going to use the Great Harwood Town style concrete block and plank approach, who know's

as far as i'm aware its not extra cash, its whats already in place fer summat that has to be done or else, is that so difficult to comprehend?:rolleyes:

fc:stanley 30-11-2008 14:47

Im happy atm where we are in the football league and our ground is fine , however you always hear the club and fans saying they want their club to go forward. Wouldnt this be better done by building the all dancing singing stand. 1. We can charge away fans more bringing in extra money. 2. Little things like new changing rooms and facilitys attract players and its a more postive and proffesional enviroment which may cause the team to be more positive and win more games 3.More money from renting out BRAND NEW rooms and offices to businesses on match days and other days during the week. 4. Money from a business sponsering a NEW STAND. I have no problem with the seats being put in the Clayton End as long as Accrington Stanley stay in the FL. However wouldnt a new stand be the way forward and a good investment + looking to the future and even better getting some money via what i have just stated above?

lancsdave 30-11-2008 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 656188)
1. We can charge away fans more bringing in extra money.

Not quite as straightforward as that, you have to charge them the same as the home fans with a comparable view, although some clubs do try and get round it with various membership schemes.