Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 18:26

Re: Bits & Bobs

How about you answer #898 ?
You compared Morecambe to Sheffield Wednesday and inferred / implied their cases were similar and Wednesday got leniency because they could afford a “better lawyer”
Nonsense.

andyd 17-08-2020 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243453)
You compared Morecambe to Sheffield Wednesday and inferred / implied their cases were similar and Wednesday got leniency because they could afford a “better lawyer”
Nonsense.

Don't pick on Morecambe never mentioned them case thrown out.

NORTHERNSOUL 17-08-2020 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243427)
So its ok for a club to fail to fulfill two fixtures and to attempt to play in a stadium with no safety certificate ?

They only didnt fulfil the fixtures because the league stopped them from doing so Workington cancelled a game in exactly the same circumstances and their punishment was none whatsoever.

The stadium did have a safety certificate and this only came to light because the FL went telling tales It involved a certain officer not being in position and at least two other clubs offered to lend them a qualified person but once again the FL refused and forced them to cancel the game.

And thats before we go to the fact that the FL told Plymouth 2days earlier that the game was off now how would they know that if it wasnt down to them ?

NORTHERNSOUL 17-08-2020 22:50

Quote:

Nonsense.

Quite frankly i think your attititude stinks

Why on earth are you in favour of punishing the fans and staff of a club who are totally innocent in all of this ?

When sat at the FL are the people who appoved their owner when he took the FPPT yet what responsibility are they taking Absolutely none.

But then when it comes to SWFC who have a very rich owner whos well known for reaching for the legal remedy what do they do ? Yeah give them a slap on wrists when a fine the size of what they sold the ground for would have been much more appropriate as i said one rule for the rich and one for the poor But then again with a knob like Nixon involved what do we expect no doubt he.ll be on a nice back hander from his mate Wallace now that the jobs done.

NORTHERNSOUL 17-08-2020 23:04

Quote:

Nonsense.

Why on earth are you in favour of punishing the fans and staff of a club who are totally innocent in all of this ?

When sat at the FL are the people who appoved their owner when he took the FPPT yet what responsibility are they taking Absolutely none.

But then when it comes to SWFC who have a very rich owner whos well known for reaching for the legal remedy what do they do ? Yeah give them a slap on wrists when a fine the size of what they sold the ground for would have been much more appropriate as i said one rule for the rich and one for the poor But then again with a knob like Nixon involved what do we expect no doubt he.ll be on a nice back hander from his mate Wallace now that the jobs done.

Why SWFC are even still in existance is a mystery to me Why they wernt sued into oblivion over the state of the ground the day the 96 died is beyond me Plod took the blame becuse their top man lost the plot on the day Whereas SWFC had deliberately ignored work they were told to do for 5 years in order to save money if nothing else they should have been hung out to dry over the bolt cutter fact alone but all this was swept under the carpet with assistance from the FL and FA.

I really do hope that when Charlton sort themselves out they take it legal because their championship place was without doubt stolen and I hope they name the FL as complicit in the crime.

Twenty Eight 18-08-2020 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243454)
Don't pick on Morecambe never mentioned them case thrown out.

Ive had better days ...... Macclesfield doh.

Twenty Eight 18-08-2020 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243462)

Why SWFC are even still in existance is a mystery to me Why they wernt sued into oblivion over the state of the ground the day the 96 died is beyond me Plod took the blame becuse their top man lost the plot on the day Whereas SWFC had deliberately ignored work they were told to do for 5 years in order to save money if nothing else they should have been hung out to dry over the bolt cutter fact alone but all this was swept under the carpet with assistance from the FL and FA.

I really do hope that when Charlton sort themselves out they take it legal because their championship place was without doubt stolen and I hope they name the FL as complicit in the crime.

Strange that .... Wednesday fans not innocent then ?

monkey hanger 18-08-2020 08:10

just wonder if all this is a case of prefering one club and not the other. if you do not like a certain club, and this is from a fans view and not the EFL, you can be happy if one gets away with things whilst the other does not. is it the dislike of stevenage where people are attempting to excuse macclesfield of their points deduction that sends em back into non league. is it knocking of sheff.wed. as they are still regarded as a big club and exist on another level to stanley. as far as lawyers are concerned all cases in law will never be exactly the same and i doubt the lawyers of macclesfield were not a little back street solicitor doing the job on legal aid. from a personal point of view as just a fan i was quite happy with the macclesfield situation itself as its a club i do not like. however this does not mean that the decision was correct.

Chimer 18-08-2020 08:20

Social media is mostly peoples' opinions, based on no actual knowledge, presented as absolute fact which, when challenged, leads to personal abuse. What a great invention ...

NORTHERNSOUL 18-08-2020 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243465)
Strange that .... Wednesday fans not innocent then ?

Whether they were innocent or not i think the lives [and deaths] of 96 fellow football fans should have come first and their relatives should have seen justice in the bulldozers moving into Hillsborough.

Instead what happened was they were allowed to bolt seats onto the terraces where those fans died.

And no i dont see them as innocent they should have been reporting their own club each week over the steward/bolt cutter issue because what happend to Liverpool fans at the Leppings Lane could just as easily happened to Wednesday fans on the Kop.

Twenty Eight 18-08-2020 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243476)
Whether they were innocent or not i think the lives [and deaths] of 96 fellow football fans should have come first and their relatives should have seen justice in the bulldozers moving into Hillsborough.

Instead what happened was they were allowed to bolt seats onto the terraces where those fans died.

And no i dont see them as innocent they should have been reporting their own club each week over the steward/bolt cutter issue because what happend to Liverpool fans at the Leppings Lane could just as easily happened to Wednesday fans on the Kop.

No more comment from me I find some of your recent statements distasteful.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-08-2020 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243525)
No more comment from me I find some of your recent statements distasteful.

TOUGH

What i find distastefull is 96 people died, every single report found the club culpable to a greater or lesser extent.

And how were they punished a massive fine ? proper charges in court ? Major improvements to the ground ? Were they hell as like they were given a slap on the hand and club secretary put before a court 20 years later on some Micky Mouse charge [ Take look at the time at least 2 Wednesday directors were up to their necks in it at [ as it was then ] Preston Docks.

And just for reference after the previous disaster on that scale Rangers were ordered to bulldoze 3 sides of the Ibrox stadium.

monkey hanger 21-08-2020 07:17

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1243647]TOUGH

What i find distastefull is 96 people died, every single report found the club culpable to a greater or lesser extent.

think most people do. however i did not follow the case all that closely but never heard about sheffield wednesday being blamed from liverpool fans i did hear from. it was the police and their running of the situation and that seems about it. honestly, have you a thing about everything associated with sheffield wednesday from fans down to the tea lady.

andyd 21-08-2020 11:34

Bit of great news Sponsor,s What More Ltd, to remain in new 3 year deal fantastic.

NORTHERNSOUL 22-08-2020 04:34

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1243650]
Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243647)
TOUGH

think most people do. however i did not follow the case all that closely but never heard about sheffield wednesday being blamed from liverpool fans i did hear from. it was the police and their running of the situation and that seems about it. honestly, have you a thing about everything associated with sheffield wednesday from fans down to the tea lady.

No not at all

But to put it into perspective Macclesfield effectively ejected from the league for paying a few grand in wages a few weeks late Sheffield Wednesday ignore dozens of recomendations with regards to the safety of Hillsborough killing 96 people and they get a slap on the wrist.

They had been told at the start of the previous 3 seasons that they had to leave the perimiter gates open as their evacuation plan at both the Leppings lane and Kop contained reference to onto the pitch being part of that plan when they claimed that would compromise stadium security they had been told to position a steward eqpt with a set of bolt cutters at every gate in the fence on the day of the disaster not only were there no specific exit gate stewards it took them over 30 minutes to find a single pair of bolt cutters.

At the time 3 members of staff/directors of SWFC were involved with various committees etc of the Football League/FA.

All this is documented in the Scrafton report which led to the prosecution of the ground commander and the swfc club secretary Graham Mackrell but when it came to Wednesday and various other bodies who failed on that day [ South Yorkshire Ambulance being one ] their culpability was just swept under the table.

As i say the previous disaster on that scale at a football ground resulted in 3 sides of Ibrox being bulldozed in circumstance where they were no where near as culpable as SWFC.

Its always amazed me that the hillsborough families didnt go after the various corporate bodies as they could have funded the rest of their action by just getting the first one to cough up meaning they could have had justice a damm site quicker than they did.

But if you take the time to read the Hillsborough [ Scrafton ] report its an absolute literney of failure, culpability and injustice but what stands out a mile is the part that Sheffield Wednesday played in that.

monkey hanger 22-08-2020 07:08

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1243723][QUOTE=monkey hanger;1243650]

Its always amazed me that the hillsborough families didnt go after the various corporate bodies as they could have funded the rest of their action by just getting the first one to cough up meaning they could have had justice a damm site quicker than they did.

the league could have been the first one for them to have a go at as they designated hillsborugh as the ground for the game to take place at. if it wasn,t the league then the FA who appointed it. just never knew anyway why hillsborough got semi finals anyway. thought at the time the ground was looking a bit tatty and trying to park within a mile of the ground for a stranger is vertually impossible.

cashman 26-08-2020 17:57

hard to belive just seen my mam on the pic on fishy site dunno what she was doing yon maybe just down town doing some errands, cos she never went stanley.:) does anyone know what year that pic outside town hall was taken?

choirboy 26-08-2020 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1243887)
hard to belive just seen my mam on the pic on fishy site dunno what she was doing yon maybe just down town doing some errands, cos she never went stanley.:) does anyone know what year that pic outside town hall was taken?

All those years when you were a Nipper and you never knew your Mam was really a Stanley fan! ........The photo must have been a lovely surprise for you Cashy! :alright:

cashman 26-08-2020 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1243888)
All those years when you were a Nipper and you never knew your Mam was really a Stanley fan! ........The photo must have been a lovely surprise for you Cashy! :alright:

it was mate but she was a Newcastle Fan lol, cos they had 2 brothers called Robledo and she liked that name. could never understand that at all, but she was irish so that must explain it?

maccawozzagod 27-08-2020 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1243887)

summer of 69
Bryan Adams famously wrote a song about it

yonmon 27-08-2020 15:10

Barcelona Fans !..

What's Messi like ??

A Rochdale Fan .. 😎

Crown Grounder 27-08-2020 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1243919)
Barcelona Fans !..

What's Messi like ??

A Rochdale Fan .. 😎

I wish I understood this post?

yonmon 27-08-2020 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1243928)

Just a bit of nonsense CG !.. not meant to confound the unwary... or anyone else really !
( The devil made me do it !.. ;) ).

VALAIRIAN 28-08-2020 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1243928)

So does Yonmon :yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm :yelrotflm

Just jesting my good friend, good to see you back posting :)

:) :) :)

andyd 28-08-2020 08:24

Andy Holt returns to Twitter.

monkey hanger 29-08-2020 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1243919)
Barcelona Fans !..

What's Messi like ??

A Rochdale Fan .. 😎

not sure how much truth there is in it, but i heard a few hundred rochdale fans asked for a percentage of last seasons seaon ticket money back when offered by the club. it certainly would not surprise me if its correct.

NORTHERNSOUL 30-08-2020 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243933)
Andy Holt returns to Twitter.

And getting a serious amount of crap from a load of Tranmere's plastic scousers who seem to think the rest of Lge 2 should have voted to bankrupt themselves in order to support Palios.s hair brained formula that would have saved them from relegation.

Moral of the story lads. If you dont want to be relegated dont hang about in the bottom four.

Chewbacca 30-08-2020 13:27

Holt announces he is quitting twitter too after he lets us know about the losses next week.

cashman 31-08-2020 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244021)
Holt announces he is quitting twitter too after he lets us know about the losses next week.

dont bother me,only joined cos andy holt was on never have liked it so ill pack it in as well.

MikeA 03-09-2020 17:14

Fan engagement:

The good: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/sustain-t...ue-at-stanley/

and not so good: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/sustain-t...ionship-tests/

MikeA 24-09-2020 17:03

More long balls than anyone else. According to this:
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...2980782?page=6

Div3North 24-09-2020 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1244982)
More long balls than anyone else. According to this:
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...2980782?page=6

Never was a survey more accurately titled

AND it was long ……………...

:theband::theband:

monkey hanger 25-09-2020 09:06

long balls and k---s . could be a new book written about joey barton.

MikeA 07-10-2020 20:02

Rubbish? Where do they get their figures from?
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...2995358?page=4

Exile on Spencer St 08-10-2020 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1245519)
Rubbish? Where do they get their figures from?
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...2995358?page=4

Imperial College? :rolleyes:

anmc 08-10-2020 13:27

Genuinely I can't figure out where the huge minus numbers come from?

MikeA 09-10-2020 11:30

Vote for Dion's goal: https://www.efl.com/news/2020/octobe...r-nominations/

MikeA 10-10-2020 16:34

Congratulations to Morecambe, top of League 2, even with a negative goal difference! And Billy Kee's Coalville Town at the top of Southern League, Premier Central.

Lord Stiffupperlip 11-10-2020 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1245652)
Congratulations to Morecambe, top of League 2, even with a negative goal difference! And Billy Kee's Coalville Town at the top of Southern League, Premier Central.

From zero'so to heroes!
Shows you what a funny old game is football.
Last season Everton were absolutely dire. This season they're on fire & top the Premiership.
Morecambe narrowly escaped both financial & football oblivion last year - look at em now!
Oh how I'm missing my pie at the Globe arena!
Come on you Shrimps!

monkey hanger 11-10-2020 15:38

plus hartlepool top of the national league. its more than a funny old game its hiilareous.

AccyMad 12-10-2020 15:20

Apparently Salford City have sacked Graham Alexander & appointed Paul Scholes as interim manager, can understand that cos Scholes did SO well managing Oldham :D

andyd 12-10-2020 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1245717)
Apparently Salford City have sacked Graham Alexander & appointed Paul Scholes as interim manager, can understand that cos Scholes did SO well managing Oldham :D

Also a joint owner.

AccyMad 12-10-2020 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245719)
Also a joint owner.

Yeah, he probably had first dibs - plus it means they can't sack him :D

MikeA 15-10-2020 10:51

Fascinating TV programme from BBC3 about Bury and Bury AFC:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-football-back

MikeA 16-10-2020 07:43

The FA Cup 1st Round draw is creeping up on us. Chorley are already through, having got a bye in the 4th qualifying round, presumably following Macc's demise.

Thin Monkey 17-10-2020 21:07

Spurious statistic.

Bury defeated Darwen 6 - 2 this afternoon to record their first competitive win over them in 126 years.

andyd 19-10-2020 19:22

Well done the Burnley fans who choose to snub the pay for view £14.95 against West Brom., instead donating to a food Bank charity to the tune of £20000 great gesture and further proof fans have had enough of premiership greed.

VALAIRIAN 19-10-2020 21:26

Similar story too.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54597058

Refreshing to see/hear :)

andyd 20-10-2020 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1245946)
Similar story too.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54597058

Refreshing to see/hear :)

To me it also shows the difference between fans who attend and the majority of armchair supporters. Football needs radical change and soon even Andy Holt the long and often lone voice in a call for independent regulation of the game as said this morning the league,we are desperate for a bailout.

VALAIRIAN 20-10-2020 09:18

Very good point about 'armchair supporters' Andy :)

andyd 25-10-2020 14:26

If we draw a step 3 level club in the FA cup at home presume no fans if drawn away fans allowed huh?

VALAIRIAN 25-10-2020 14:39

Well done lads :)

Another very nice move by modern day football players :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54682166

It is just a small minority of them that are fools, in the main, most are top chaps :)

AccyMad 25-10-2020 16:12

Re: Well done lads :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246126)
Another very nice move by modern day football players :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54682166

It is just a small minority of them that are fools, in the main, most are top chaps :)

Oh flipping heck, how are we supposed to not like them now???? :)

cashman 25-10-2020 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246131)
Oh flipping heck, how are we supposed to not like them now???? :)

its easy di they are from Yorkshire.:D

AccyMad 25-10-2020 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1246132)
its easy di they are from Yorkshire.:D

Phew! Thanks Cashy - knew there'd be something :D

andyd 26-10-2020 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246125)
If we draw a step 3 level club in the FA cup at home presume no fans if drawn away fans allowed huh?

No crowds at Fa cup at whatever level it's been announced.

cashman 26-10-2020 18:27

Lifes a bitch.was hoping.

VALAIRIAN 26-10-2020 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246156)
No crowds at Fa cup at whatever level it's been announced.

Why on earth would that be?????

:confused: :confused:

andyd 26-10-2020 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246160)
Why on earth would that be?????

:confused: :confused:

Just warming us up before they say no chance of a return back to stadiums untill year 0.

andyd 27-10-2020 08:42

Southend FC back in court tomorrow for the unpaid £500 thousand tax bill could be ajourned again but with Chairman Ron Martin admitting to fans in a forum meeting the money isn't there. So the judgement could be a winding up order sad if so but would be interesting to see EFL,s reaction if it is this time.

monkey hanger 27-10-2020 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246170)
Southend FC back in court tomorrow for the unpaid £500 thousand tax bill could be ajourned again but with Chairman Ron Martin admitting to fans in a forum meeting the money isn't there. So the judgement could be a winding up order sad if so but would be interesting to see EFL,s reaction if it is this time.

think there will be an uproar with northern fans especially in bury and macclesfield if southends punishment is seen as less severe.

VALAIRIAN 27-10-2020 14:58

I like this idea :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54709368

AccyMad 28-10-2020 06:07

Just heard that Scott Brown fractured his tibia & fibia during Warrington's game last night, the match was abandoned following his injury.
Poor lad, apparently it's a repeat of the injury he suffered while playing for Cheltenham back in 2007, best wishes for a good recovery Scott

choirboy 28-10-2020 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246200)
Just heard that Scott Brown fractured his tibia & fibia during Warrington's game last night, the match was abandoned following his injury.
Poor lad, apparently it's a repeat of the injury he suffered while playing for Cheltenham back in 2007, best wishes for a good recovery Scott

Oh no, that is such bad news. Endorse your best wishes AccyMad to Scotty for a full recovery.

andyd 28-10-2020 08:43

Some things don't change Mansfield sack Graham Coughlan.

monkey hanger 28-10-2020 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246207)
Some things don't change Mansfield sack Graham Coughlan.

if he had left a week ago for another club those who sacked him would be saying, there is no loyalty in football.

AccyMad 28-10-2020 13:43

Quote:

Southend have apparently settled their tax debt & the winding up order has been dismissed

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 13:43

Quote:

And as if by magic they pay the bill.

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246209)
if he had left a week ago for another club those who sacked him would be saying, there is no loyalty in football.

Hang on a minute - 4 wins in 27 games ?
Maybe he got what he deserved.
Just have a look at the money he was given and the turnover of players in the squad.

andyd 28-10-2020 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246211)
And as if by magic they pay the bill.

That's what happens when you have a ****** for a chairman telling lies up till the final hour money raised apparently with council something to do with land sales and new stadium. Should be fined for late payment of tax.

andyd 28-10-2020 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246212)
Hang on a minute - 4 wins in 27 games ?
Maybe he got what he deserved.
Just have a look at the money he was given and the turnover of players in the squad.

Another club that throws money down the drain then blames manager they picked to turn club around. Mind you couldn't happen to a better club hated going there and history of fans causing a bit of bother at our place.

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246213)
That's what happens when you have a ****** for a chairman telling lies up till the final hour money raised apparently with council something to do with land sales and new stadium. Should be fined for late payment of tax.

This is the problem that football has when getting the begging bowl out.
Every owner tarred by the same brush so the genuinely impoverished don't get a hand out.
We deserve as a sport all we get.
No doubt he's run this down to the wire hoping for a Grant from the government or a Premier league hand out.

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246214)
Another club that throws money down the drain then blames manager they picked to turn club around. Mind you couldn't happen to a better club hated going there and history of fans causing a bit of bother at our place.

So it's all the club's fault is it ?
He had a good cv.
He's failed 4 in 27.
He's sacked.
Reckon that's a lot to do with the individual.
He told them the squad needed a complete change.
They backed him.
Correct decision Mansfield.

andyd 28-10-2020 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246215)
This is the problem that football has when getting the begging bowl out.
Every owner tarred by the same brush so the genuinely impoverished don't get a hand out.
We deserve as a sport all we get.
No doubt he's run this down to the wire hoping for a Grant from the government or a Premier league hand out.

That's why there won't be a government bailout and in some ways I can see where they are coming from.

andyd 28-10-2020 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246216)
He had a good cv.
He's failed 4 in 27.
He's sacked.
They backed him.

Can't see Graham being too bothered he will be paid off I should imagine, but Mansfield fans usually turn on the owners they have done before interesting to see who takes the " hot" seat now.

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 21:31

He will be bothered. Proud man Coggie and a dream move for him to get back nearer the family being based in Sheffield moving from Bristol to Mansfield.
However stats dont lie.

andyd 29-10-2020 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246210)
Southend have apparently settled their tax debt & the winding up order has been dismissed

Southend sit bottom of league 2 after drastically reducing their wage bill by getting rid of most big earners settle tax bill and still have a players wage bill of over £2 million twice that is Stanley, ok in normal times fans through the gate are a lot more than Stanley but just shows what spending above your means does chasing promotion and dreams when it goes wrong managers usually get the blame and get sacked, they have managed to wriggle there way through this time wonder if they will learn a lesson.

monkey hanger 29-10-2020 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246216)
He had a good cv.
He's failed 4 in 27.
He's sacked.
They backed him.

in this case you are right. however there are plenty of other managers who have got the boot where there club is in the play off positions but not top of the league. if i was a football manager i,d be off like a shot for a better offer. you do not know whats round the corner at your present club and some club owners get itchy if their team has a poor run of results. football and loyalty are bad bed fellows both sides of the coin.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 11:18

If you were a football manager you would know precisely how it pans out.
If you want loyalty (both sides) buy a dog.
Enough managers have also walked away from clubs when doing well.

andyd 29-10-2020 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246236)

Sums up to me the core of most football problems money or lack of it exapparated by the pandemic but the problems of mounting debt through the pursuit of glory were already there and now it's reaching crisis point, end of October and the furlong scheme which a lot of clubs have still been using for a lot of non match day staff or others, plenty of redundancy,s will be imminent, manager,s could become vunerable to other factors than just form.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 12:22

Every club needs a Manager Andy.
No way will a club get rid of a Manager for covid reasons.

Look at what we did ......... we're all moaning about lack of funds but didn't stop us constructing a large squad and giving the Gaffer a nice 4 year deal.

cashman 29-10-2020 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246239)

Look at what we did ......... we're all moaning about lack of funds but didn't stop us constructing a large squad and giving the Gaffer a nice 4 year deal.

to me its not about a large squad, more about the cost to run it ?if this one is a deal cheaper whats the problem?

andyd 29-10-2020 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246239)

But we run completely opposite to the majority of clubs within our means and this squad has been assembled at less money apparently than last season have to take thier word on that, just shows what a good management team we have therefore tie them down. My other point clubs don't need manager,s when they have gone bust.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246242)
But we run completely opposite to the majority of clubs within our means and this squad has been assembled at less money apparently than last season have to take thier word on that, just shows what a good management team we have therefore tie them down. My other point clubs don't need manager,s when they have gone bust.

I don't believe that to be the case Andy but happy to be proved wrong.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1246240)
to me its not about a large squad, more about the cost to run it ?if this one is a deal cheaper whats the problem?

Agreed but is it ?

cashman 29-10-2020 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246244)
Agreed but is it ?

I dont honestly know only assuming it is.

VALAIRIAN 29-10-2020 16:52

Good move :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54736847

cashman 29-10-2020 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246251)

it is good but its better when you can afford to do that imho.

monkey hanger 30-10-2020 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246236)

just the same as i imagine all of us have done. walked away from one job for a better financial offer. most of us show some loyalty to a firm whilst you are there but once you are outside the gates for the last time thats it.

andyd 30-10-2020 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246254)
just the same as i imagine all of us have done. walked away from one job for a better financial offer. most of us show some loyalty to a firm whilst you are there but once you are outside the gates for the last time thats it.

No loyalty were money is concerned apart from yourself and your family if you have one, fans show in the main loyalty to a particular club and look at the way they are treated.

andyd 30-10-2020 15:30

Sadly another of England,s greatest team has passed away rip Nobby Styles marked Eusabio out of the game in the semi and did a job on Beckenbaurer in the final another true world class player.

monkey hanger 31-10-2020 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246265)
Sadly another of England,s greatest team has passed away rip Nobby Styles marked Eusabio out of the game in the semi and did a job on Beckenbaurer in the final another true world class player.

he certainly was one player who you,d rather have in your side than your opponents. at least he left some memories for us all.

andyd 31-10-2020 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246281)
he certainly was one player who you,d rather have in your side than your opponents. at least he left some memories for us all.

He made man marking an art form.

andyd 01-11-2020 07:31

Tranmere sack manager after 3 months in charge with Chairman actually saying as the season could be ended early again because of Covid it doesn't give them must time for a new man,s ideas to turn it round excuses getting better.

andyd 04-11-2020 15:21

Apparently for anyone who is interested the kids play Fleetwood away tonight in the FA youth cup you can watch the full game on you tube live think kick off time is 6-30 pm but double check that.

MikeA 04-11-2020 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246391)
Apparently for anyone who is interested the kids play Fleetwood away tonight in the FA youth cup you can watch the full game on you tube live think kick off time is 6-30 pm but double check that.

According to Fleetwood's site, it's available from 6:50:
https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news...live-streamed/

MikeA 04-11-2020 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246392)

Direct link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20HdAeoSjAQ

andyd 04-11-2020 19:14

Sheffield Wednesday have won their appeal still guilty but had points deduction of 12 reduced to 6 who makes this **** up.

choirboy 04-11-2020 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1246392)

Thanks MikeA. I have enjoyed the football but have just got fed up of the continuous foul language coming from the touch line. I know I could simply mute the volume but then you get totally no atmosphere and sounds from the players. The referees must be able to hear the swearing but are doing nothing about it! So I have exited the coverage. Simply no need for the foul language.....:eek:

cashman 04-11-2020 19:57

thats always happened at football games choirboy,dont bother me at all. mind have to say im nearly deaf these days lol