Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

MikeA 23-03-2021 10:38

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251906)
R. I. P. The great one and only Frank Worthington had the pleasure of seeing him live a few times great player and personality.

Sad news. I remember him joining the Stanley fans on the terrace at Northwich (or was it Winsford?) some years back and asking after Paul Beck.

MikeA 23-03-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1251901)
Good luck to the lad, thought he played particularly well against Wigan, especially after that start...

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ew-toby-savin/

It seems that Manchester United are another team keeping an eye on Toby.

Lost in Cornwall 24-03-2021 09:07

Watched Frank regularly whilst living in Leicester in the 70's. One of football's great entertainers.

cashman 24-03-2021 11:49

good article from peritt on fishy now what bit i saw of him last match think the kids very promising hope he makes it.

andyd 25-03-2021 07:19

Rumours doing the rounds about 2 or 3 championship clubs watching Jerry Yates at Blackpool and could be preparing £2 million pound bids in the summer, what does that do for Dion,s value?

andyd 25-03-2021 07:41

Is Dion,s contract up in the summer as he signed a 2 year deal when he arrived in 2019 can't remember if he has signed a new deal or not hope he has. Think there is an option for a further year built in not quite sure how these work exactly.

monkey hanger 25-03-2021 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251936)
Rumours doing the rounds about 2 or 3 championship clubs watching Jerry Yates at Blackpool and could be preparing £2 million pound bids in the summer, what does that do for Dion,s value?

i imagine less than that because he,s at accy not blackpool.

Twenty Eight 25-03-2021 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251936)

Nothing !
Yates has championship games on his cv already and is hardly a secret to most scouts.
Hes under contract until 2023 and the club has a twelve months option beyond that.
Means the price to prise him away will be more than Dion's.
Understand Dion's contract expires this summer but the club has a twelve months option which they will certainly exercise.

andyd 25-03-2021 12:41

He,s under scrutiny to me because of the goals he,s scored this season less currently than Dion in the championship he was hardly prolific 2 in 47 it all comes down to what clubs are prepared to pay for any particular player Dion might not even be on any ones radar but being close to or could end up leading scorer his value will as a striker that I presume will soar.

Twenty Eight 25-03-2021 15:13

Dion's price will actually drop the nearer his contract heads towards the end.
That's why it is alleged there's big offers for Yates because of the length of his contract.

I don't believe those figures by the way.

monkey hanger 26-03-2021 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1251939)
Understand Dion's contract expires this summer but the club has a twelve months option which they will certainly exercise.

has dion got any say in this. is it all from the clubs side whether they extend the 12 months option or do both parties have to agree.

Twenty Eight 26-03-2021 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251957)
has dion got any say in this. is it all from the clubs side whether they extend the 12 months option or do both parties have to agree.

The club has the option mate, not Dion.
However as happened with Clark if you go into that final year the player can start talking to other suitors from January onwards and every month towards expiry the value drops.
Nothing to stop Accy offering him a new contract any time.
Whether accepted or not is another matter.

andyd 26-03-2021 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1251964)
The club has the option mate, not Dion.
However as happened with Clark if you go into that final year the player can start talking to other suitors from January onwards and every month towards expiry the value drops.
Nothing to stop Accy offering him a new contract any time.
Whether accepted or not is another matter.

A player and his agent can talk to possible siutors if the parent club gives permission which must happen as you get particularly at big clubs transfers announced weeks before they happen, then of course there is also the murky world of " tapping up" that,s illegal under fa rules but you would be naive to think it doesn't go on. Stanley could offer a new deal especially on current form but would as always be tied by lowish at this level budget, Dion,s form as a striker could dip meaning lot less goals so interest wains difficult choices as I said your worth what people are prepared to pay and the gambling managers and clubs make thier move with Stanley,s permission off course when especially a striker the iron,s hot and if a big if the money was right for player and club he goes that's life.

Twenty Eight 26-03-2021 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251966)
A player and his agent can talk to possible siutors if the parent club gives permission which must happen as you get particularly at big clubs transfers announced weeks before they happen, then of course there is also the murky world of " tapping up" that,s illegal under fa rules but you would be naive to think it doesn't go on. Stanley could offer a new deal especially on current form but would as always be tied by lowish at this level budget, Dion,s form as a striker could dip meaning lot less goals so interest wains difficult choices as I said your worth what people are prepared to pay and the gambling managers and clubs make thier move with Stanley,s permission off course when especially a striker the iron,s hot and if a big if the money was right for player and club he goes that's life.

Andy,

Dion's contract expires I believe June 21.
The club will exercise its option extending that to June 22.
Dion does not need the club's permission to speak to anyone from January 22 onwards and may do a pre contract deal effective June 22.
If clubs want to speak before Jan 22 then of course has to be through the club.

andyd 26-03-2021 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1251967)
Andy,

Dion's contract expires I believe June 21.
The club will exercise its option extending that to June 22.
Dion does not need the club's permission to speak to anyone from January 22 onwards and may do a pre contract deal effective June 22.
If clubs want to speak before Jan 22 then of course has to be through the club.

As I said so anything can happen in between.