Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

mab 30-03-2021 21:23

Re: Bits & Bobs

Well done Clitheroe for coming up with a football festival with Accrington ,Fleetwood ,Stockport co,marine and two local side in a mini football tournament 🙂https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/news/g...l-2604107.html

monkey hanger 31-03-2021 08:27

is this a youth team tournament as i cannot see many stanley first teamers being fit enough to play in it. same for play off chasing stockport at this time of the season. pity as they deserve to have some success with their idea.

Mr T 31-03-2021 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1252152)
is this a youth team tournament as i cannot see many stanley first teamers being fit enough to play in it. same for play off chasing stockport at this time of the season. pity as they deserve to have some success with their idea.

We're using it as an u23's tournament; as are Stockport.

It could ask be useful to get "game time" into the lads who should be ( all being well) returning from injury

AccyMad 02-04-2021 21:27

Just watching EFL on Quest, in particular all the bother that went on in the Sunderland v Oxford game & guess who was in charge? No other than our friend Trevor Kettle - apparently it was his decision making (or lack of) which allowed things to boil over on the pitch which then led to events in the tunnel at half time & at the end of the game - how he is still in the position he is defies belief

choirboy 02-04-2021 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1252277)
Just watching EFL on Quest, in particular all the bother that went on in the Sunderland v Oxford game & guess who was in charge? No other than our friend Trevor Kettle - apparently it was his decision making (or lack of) which allowed things to boil over on the pitch which then led to events in the tunnel at half time & at the end of the game - how he is still in the position he is defies belief

“Kettle’s on!”.....:coffeecup
Troubles is brewing for sure!:help:

monkey hanger 03-04-2021 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1252277)

its worse as he should never have got an appointment like that in the first place. or as have happened in the past was he set up in an attempt to finally get rid of him. a possible game that would have been hard for anyone to control.

Exile on Spencer St 03-04-2021 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1252285)
...or as have happened in the past was he set up in an attempt to finally get rid of him....

Wow, MH!
I’m sure you know of what you write but if that’s actually how the Refereeing Authorities operate it’s beyond belief.
From what I’ve seen (Wimbledon! :mad:) and read about Mr. Kettle, he’s not been fit for league football for some time.
But have the Ref authorities knowingly let him go on ruining teams’ chances because they don’t have the cojones to demote him?

monkey hanger 04-04-2021 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1252300)
Wow, MH!
I’m sure you know of what you write but if that’s actually how the Refereeing Authorities operate it’s beyond belief.
From what I’ve seen (Wimbledon! :mad:) and read about Mr. Kettle, he’s not been fit for league football for some time.
But have the Ref authorities knowingly let him go on ruining teams’ chances because they don’t have the cojones to demote him?

the saying of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves might have not been the case with kettle but has certainly happened over the years in whats now the pyramid non league. pushing people up the slope comes hand in hand with pushing them quickly down it. there are always games at every level that anyone with the basic knowledge of the laws of the game can control. there are others where if you could combine the attributes of collina and jack taylor you,d be on a hiding to nothing. these type of games are never allocated to those they are pushing up i can tell you. do know of a couple of appointments in these type of games where a referee in my opinion was set up and one of the reasons they were demoted the next season.

MikeA 06-04-2021 09:55

I'm sure that it's iFollow's and not the club's fault, but the next match on the club's 'fixtures' page is shown as Kings Lynn Town v Chesterfield. Clicking on it takes you to a National League table!

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2021 10:47

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1252395)
I'm sure that it's iFollow's and not the club's fault, but the next match on the club's 'fixtures' page is shown as Kings Lynn Town v Chesterfield. Clicking on it takes you to a National League table!

Beyond belief, but true! :eek:
It’s even worse. If you click on latest news on the Stanley web site, you get all you need to know about Chesterfield!

cashman 06-04-2021 10:51

i have been saying for ages I FOLLOW is rubbish. a very poor effort at serving fans imho i speak first hand of their incompetence.

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2021 10:52

1 Attachment(s)
Is everyone now a Chesterfield fan?

This isn’t just the iFollow links. This is corrupting Stanley’s web site. It may not be iFollow but whoever hosts Stanley’s (and Chesterfield’s?) web site.

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2021 16:42

I’ve emailed the club and ‘chatted’ to iFollow, who tried to tell me it’s been fixed. But looking at the Stanley web site, it hasn’t. Still shows Chesterfield v King’s Lynn as the next fixture!
As things stand I won’t be able to watch the Wimbledon game.
If everyone else has the same problem Stanley are not going to get much money on Saturday!

Crown Grounder 06-04-2021 16:42

I've messaged the club via the website to let them know. Lets hope its srted for Saturday.....

andyd 06-04-2021 19:31

Mines alright says Wimbledon unless its been fixed.