Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2021 15:15

Re: Bits & Bobs

Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies

cashman 22-11-2021 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1259828)
Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies

Ta for that exile beats me why coley is humouring this waster?

andyd 22-11-2021 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1259828)
Good interview.

My understanding from a decent source was that Hibs bid didn't happen there was a bid but not them apparently.

DaveinGermany 22-11-2021 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259827)
I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.

Even then Cashy you'd struggle to hear what he's saying due to his accent. :D

Crown Grounder 22-11-2021 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259827)
I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.

Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....

cashman 22-11-2021 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1259841)
Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....

cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2021 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259850)
cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.

First find your specs! ;)

Inspector Morse 22-11-2021 21:11

If you put the Dion Charles debacle to one side we appear to be missing another striker,
We took a young lad from West Brom who looks off the pace whenever he gets game time.

What was the point in bringing him in if he's not up to it? Did no-one bother to check him out first?

AccyMad 02-12-2021 18:23

Another one bites the dust, Doncaster have sacked Richie Wellens

andyd 02-12-2021 21:56

German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.

mab 02-12-2021 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260488)
German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.

:) Wouldn't affect Stanley much if that was the case over here Andy only when we play one of the so called Big Boys :)
Hopefully it wont come to that !!

mab 02-12-2021 23:08

Crainey: We know it’s going to be a real battle against Accrington https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106500606 :) Match Preview https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106458310?-16430:2026 :)

andyd 03-12-2021 17:27

Young Liam Coyle has won the fans player of the month well deserved I voted for him one bright spark in some shocking performance,s needed in the side for me gain experience and confidence has all the tools in his box for a outstanding talent in the engine room.

mab 03-12-2021 21:15

Well done Liam ! :) https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...d-players-life :)

AccyMad 04-12-2021 19:27

Just to round off a bloody good day for Stanley comes the news that our friend Mr. Cook has been 'relieved of his duties' at Ipswich. When they appointed him I gave him till Christmas, he didn't even get quite that far