Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

MikeA 07-09-2021 15:30

Re: Bits & Bobs

It's good to see that Seamus got a game with the reserves earlier. Shame about the result. And someone else who can't spell Procter correctly!
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...histle-report/

andyd 07-09-2021 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1257463)
It's good to see that Seamus got a game with the reserves earlier. Shame about the result. And someone else who can't spell Procter correctly!
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...histle-report/

Good to see a reserve league again gives young uns a game and injury hit players getting some time, Seamus and Mansell both getting 45 minutes in the tank replaced at halftime.

MikeA 14-09-2021 13:42

The last few minutes of the reserves match at Bolton are on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC
https://twitter.com/asfcofficial?lang=en

andyd 14-09-2021 15:03

Well we know the big talking point among fans and management is about the striker,s scoring, Mumbango scored in the last home game to be relegated to the bench and Malcolm scores 2 this afternoon pressure on Colby and Dion to produce I would have thought.

monkey hanger 16-09-2021 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257632)
Well we know the big talking point among fans and management is about the striker,s scoring, Mumbango scored in the last home game to be relegated to the bench and Malcolm scores 2 this afternoon pressure on Colby and Dion to produce I would have thought.

thats a real good problem to have. wonder when coley ever had this happening to him before.

andyd 16-09-2021 10:18

Dan Jewell on Twitter with a personal update Conneelly another 45 minutes with the under 23,s, John O, Sullivan back training with the first team, Joe Pritchard not pain free, Harry Pell suspended and bad news on Harvey Rodgers small fracture in his leg out for at least 6 weeks. Bits of good news in their but shame about Joe and Harvey consistently two of our better players last season.

andyd 16-09-2021 10:23

Nottingham forest sack Chris Hughton.

andyd 18-09-2021 08:31

Derby County set to be handed a 12 points deduction by the EFL if Mel Morris in his quest to sell the club fails by avoiding administration, should have been done last season Wycombe a honest well run club shafted by EFL,s dithering and it looks like favouring so called " bigger clubs " .

monkey hanger 18-09-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257702)
Derby County handed a 12 points deduction by the EFL suiting Mel Morris in his quest to sell the club by avoiding administration, should have been done last season Wycombe a honest well run club shafted by EFL,s dithering and it looks like favouring so called " bigger clubs " .

nothing new there about the different treatment of the so called bigger clubs to the have nots of the game. they will be quite quick to throw oldham to the wolves if their current problems carry on.

cashman 18-09-2021 11:19

the relevant authorities are total rubbish always have been i often wondered about the honesty of them. cos no-ones that thick surely.?

andyd 19-09-2021 08:54

Attendance figure,s last full season average attendance was 2862 after 4 games played this season it is 2812 so bang on average already let's hope after 23 games we can for the first time at our present stadium we can reach an average of 3000+ that would IMHO be a significant milestone in the quest to attract new fans.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-09-2021 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257752)
Attendance figure,s last full season average attendance was 2862 after 4 games played this season it is 2812 so bang on average already let's hope after 23 games we can for the first time at our present stadium we can reach an average of 3000+ that would IMHO be a significant milestone in the quest to attract new fans.

Reaching an average home attendance of 3000 would hardly be a 'significant milestone'.
Sadly, we'd still be rock bottom of the attendance table for L1.
Incidentally, there are 15 x L2 teams & 6 x National League teams with better attendances.
The problem with quoting average attendances; or in Stanley's case - the benefit, is that they include the opposition.
As in yesterdays case - where they outnumbered us!
Scraping just over 2k home fans for a L1 derby match on a balmy summer Saturday against a top 2 side is embarrassing, let alone reason for optimism.

Crown Grounder 19-09-2021 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1257764)
Reaching an average home attendance of 3000 would hardly be a 'significant milestone'.
Incidentally, there are 15 x L2 teams & 6 x National League teams with better attendances.
The problem with quoting average attendances; or in Stanley's case - the benefit, is that they include the opposition.
Scraping just over 2k home fans for a L1 derby match on a balmy summer Saturday against a top 2 side is embarrassing, let alone reason for optimism.

You be embarrassed my friend...........I for one am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley its achievements and its supporters. Your glass may be half empty, but mine is always half full.

andyd 19-09-2021 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1257764)

What absolute rubbish every team counts away fans in but if we post 3000+ we will have doubled our average gate inclusive of away fans in just over 6 years tell me which other side as achieved that and it's a big ask but in another 6 years we could average a capacity gate average.

andyd 19-09-2021 12:02

Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I
was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .

cashman 19-09-2021 13:14

i think some may forget we are 5/6 miles between blackburn and burnley and in 62 when we had no team many football fans went to those clubs and took the kids with em, when yeh have only ever watched 1 club why would yeh go stanley? that sort of thing dont happen imho.me and a few more came back cos we wouldnt have gone in the first place, thats what i think.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-09-2021 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1257765)
You be embarrassed my friend...........I for one am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley its achievements and its supporters. Your glass may be half empty, but mine is always half full.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257768)
Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .

Firstly 'CG', I am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley, a club I have been following since their Peel Park days - when attendances were something to be proud of.
My earlier post consisted of FACTS! regarding current attendance, which is beyond the control of the club.
Nor is it a criticism of the loyal hard-core fans who actually attend games - of whom I am one.
Yesterday's game involved a 90 mile round trip & cost me c.£50 including travel, ticket, food & drink - so don't tell me I am embarrassed about my club.

Secondly 'andyd', I fail to see the relevance of your comparison with the Hartlepool game back in 2014?
Did Pool fans contribute 55% of the gate (as Wigan did). If not, then your estimation of an 377% increase from then to now is frankly absurd.
Why do so many on here get prickly & Oh so defensive when the subject of poor attendance is raised?
It's not my fault, your fault or the clubs fault. It's just a cold hard fact.
Unfortunately, you can't argue with facts. Even though they may be embarrassing.

choirboy 19-09-2021 14:02

I believe that if the 2,000 Stanley supporters who attended yesterday v Wigan could become the ‘regular hardcore’ supporters of Stanley then that would be another magnificent step in our continued growth. That could well be the basis of an average gate of 3,000 which would also be a magnificent achievement. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about IMHO!:stop:
Yesterday was a wonderful day, except for the 1-4 score line!:eek:
To see the old Crown ground, now The Wham Stadium, nearly full to capacity with the superb support from both sets of fans, the colour and the singing and the flags was incredible for the likes of some of us who have watched Stanley when 300 was a large attendance and the pitch was like a muddy dish with mainly cinder surroundings!:jimbo::jimbo:
The current Wigan team, IMHO, are favourites to go up as Champions and I think that they probably would have beaten most of the clubs in the Championship yesterday!
PROUD TO BE A STANLEY SUPPORTER….:alright:
PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED BOTH BEFORE ANDY HOLT CAME AND SINCE HE CAME ONTO THE SCENE.:alright:
ON STANLEY ON!
:wave8::rose8:

cashman 19-09-2021 15:04

I think what we have achieved since andy holt came has been virtually the impossible? i never thought i would live to see us in this division. with our resources.

Crown Grounder 19-09-2021 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1257770)
Firstly 'CG', I am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley, a club I have been following since their Peel Park days - when attendances were something to be proud of.
My earlier post consisted of FACTS! regarding current attendance, which is beyond the control of the club.
Nor is it a criticism of the loyal hard-core fans who actually attend games - of whom I am one.
Yesterday's game involved a 90 mile round trip & cost me c.£50 including travel, ticket, food & drink - so don't tell me I am embarrassed about my club.

Unfortunately, you can't argue with facts. Even though they may be embarrassing.

There you go again.........I don't see or agree with your use of the word " embarassing". Still let's not get bothered about that. See you at Morecambe next Saturday.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-09-2021 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1257774)
There you go again.........I don't see or agree with your use of the word " embarassing". Still let's not get bothered about that. See you at Morecambe next Saturday.

You clearly implied (#1913) that I was quote; 'embarrassed by Accrington Stanley, it's a achievements & supporters'
What is embarrassing, considering our clubs remarkable success, is its lack of support.
Or perhaps we should be proud of Accringtons stubborn refusal to appreciate its greatest asset?
Ps. Already got me ticket for Morecambe mate, see you there!

Inspector Morse 20-09-2021 08:20

Support for the club from the town is shocking.
Support from the fans is superb.

I think years of Stanley being a bit of a joke grates a lot of supporters of a certain vintage. I would posit this is where some supporters' intolerance for criticism of the club comes from.

andyd 20-09-2021 08:41

Fascinating insight by Andy Holt on twitter this morning about the Dion Charles situation and how Stanley operate in the transfer market and the funding of the academy and under 23,s, also how we trawl non league for potential " golden nuggets " I urge anyone on here who doesn't use twitter to start just to read Andy,s posts.

Lord Stiffupperlip 20-09-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1257780)
Support for the club from the town is shocking.
Support from the fans is superb.
I think years of Stanley being a bit of a joke grates a lot of supporters of a certain vintage. I would posit this is where some supporters' intolerance for criticism of the club comes from.

Spot on 'I.M.'
Unfortunately, some decided to view my earlier comment on poor home attendance as an insult against the club & its supporters, where none was intended.
Any criticism was aimed at stay-away fans. You know the type - the ones who'll turn up in droves if we draw Ronaldo in the FA Cup!

cashman 20-09-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1257782)
Spot on 'I.M.'
Unfortunately, some decided to view my earlier comment on poor home attendance as an insult against the club & its supporters, where none was intended.
Any criticism was aimed at stay-away fans. You know the type - the ones who'll turn up in droves if we draw Ronaldo in the FA Cup!

every club in the land gets some of them no good bothering about it live with it.

Crown Grounder 20-09-2021 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1257776)
You clearly implied (#1913) that I was quote; 'embarrassed by Accrington Stanley, it's a achievements & supporters'
What is embarrassing, considering our clubs remarkable success, is its lack of support.
Or perhaps we should be proud of Accringtons stubborn refusal to appreciate its greatest asset?
Ps. Already got me ticket for Morecambe mate, see you there!

Understood. It was never my intention to offend you. Facts in themselves can't be embarassing, it is only people who can be enbarassed. It's semantics lets move on. Glad you can get to next weeks game. Come on Stanley!!

Twenty Eight 21-09-2021 14:57

Quote:

Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I

Great comparison that ....... not.

andyd 21-09-2021 21:10

Great to see more progress at the " poorly supported club " with the continuation of the 3 year plan for the playing surface with the probably last piece in the jigsaw of the stitching in of the Hybrid system that will fingers crossed prove to keep the surface in tip top shape throughout the season. Might not rival long standing clubs attendance,s but the pitch will rival some of the best in the country, wonder if that comparison will bring any such negative response,s as the previous post ��

Inspector Morse 21-09-2021 21:26

Re Hartlepool game
I remember Crooks played up front in this game and missed a sitter in front of the Clayton End. I didnt realise he had come on for Wyke of all people.

Twenty Eight 22-09-2021 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257843)
Great to see more progress at the " poorly supported club " with the continuation of the 3 year plan for the playing surface with the probably last piece in the jigsaw of the stitching in of the Hybrid system that will fingers crossed prove to keep the surface in tip top shape throughout the season. Might not rival long standing clubs attendance,s but the pitch will rival some of the best in the country, wonder if that comparison will bring any such negative response,s as the previous post ��

Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Even you should realise comparing those two games and attendances was pointless.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.

monkey hanger 22-09-2021 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1257769)
i think some may forget we are 5/6 miles between blackburn and burnley and in 62 when we had no team many football fans went to those clubs and took the kids with em, when yeh have only ever watched 1 club why would yeh go stanley? that sort of thing dont happen imho.me and a few more came back cos we wouldnt have gone in the first place, thats what i think.

as kids you start going to games with a parent or similar. no kid between 1962 and 2006 had the opportunity to watch league football in accrington so went somewhere else. non league is fine for some but is not everyones cupof tea. anyone born the day stanley were kicked out could be actually in a position by 2006 not taking their kids for their first game but their grandkids.

monkey hanger 22-09-2021 07:52

Quote:

doubt there is a team in league football with an increase like that for a league game. my local team halifax town rarely got attendances like that when they were in the third tier of the league in a town of 90,000 plus inhabitants with larger towns like brighouse and elland close by.

andyd 22-09-2021 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1257851)
Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Even you should realise comparing those two games and attendances was pointless.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.

It wasn't pointless we got 3 for beating Hartlepool.

andyd 22-09-2021 08:18

My point about attendance,s at Stanley isn't about proving points or stats it's just some fans are " embarrassed or mad or whatever we don't get full house,s every week " it doesn't work like that we aren't stuck in a fifties time warp there is so much more on offer than a freezing night at the Wham we are going in the right direction, pitch Fabulous, training ground close, Fabulous facilities being created the hardest thing is dragging people along but I am confident we will reach 3000+ or even 3500+ average gates which would be a marvelous achievement in a relatively short space of time.

choirboy 22-09-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1257851)
Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.

Exackerley Twenty Eight….
However, it does prove that you can read and type correctly!:theband:

monkey hanger 22-09-2021 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257857)
My point about attendance,s at Stanley isn't about proving points or stats it's just some fans are " embarrassed or mad or whatever we don't get full house,s every week " it doesn't work like that we aren't stuck in a fifties time warp there is so much more on offer than a freezing night at the Wham we are going in the right direction, pitch Fabulous, training ground close, Fabulous facilities being created the hardest thing is dragging people along but I am confident we will reach 3000+ or even 3500+ average gates which would be a marvelous achievement in a relatively short space of time.

Agree up to the point about the average gates. Only a year on year realistic play off push with a wembley appearance would do that. Finishing mid table even in div.1 year on year out will possibly seea few drift away. Like you said we are not in the 50,s anymore where its your local club or nothing. Even a fall from grace of our two local rivals would not see that many extra at the wham. far more to actually do in and out of our homes nowadays to keep families and individuals happy. think every single club in the country at every level have realistic figures of attendances they expect. think stanley are no different.

andyd 22-09-2021 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1257865)
Agree up to the point about the average gates. Only a year on year realistic play off push with a wembley appearance would do that. Finishing mid table even in div.1 year on year out will possibly seea few drift away. Like you said we are not in the 50,s anymore where its your local club or nothing. Even a fall from grace of our two local rivals would not see that many extra at the wham. far more to actually do in and out of our homes nowadays to keep families and individuals happy. think every single club in the country at every level have realistic figures of attendances they expect. think stanley are no different.

Which brings us back to the start of the debate we in modern day circumstances are doing remarkably well.

andyd 22-09-2021 19:36

Fleetwood town,s accounts up to June 2020 show operating losses of over £20 million and owe owner Andy Pilley around £21 million incredible for a club about the same size of us.

andyd 22-09-2021 20:29

Interesting piece in today's Lancashire Telegraph about how much the falling crowds at Ewood are of concern to the club, their last Tuesday evening game drawing 9141 their lowest crowd in 30 years, reading that I,m so glad we have a great smaller capacity ground must be awful in a larger ground to create an atmosphere.

monkey hanger 23-09-2021 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257872)
Interesting piece in today's Lancashire Telegraph about how much the falling crowds at Ewood are of concern to the club, their last Tuesday evening game drawing 9141 their lowest crowd in 30 years, reading that I,m so glad we have a great smaller capacity ground must be awful in a larger ground to create an atmosphere.

so true especially with fans spread all over the place. anyone who has ever been to odsal stadium in bradford watching RL can testify that. so many clubs want these new larger grounds that they,ll possibly fill once a season if they drop lucky in the fa cup or a local derby they have not had for years.

monkey hanger 23-09-2021 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257870)
Fleetwood town,s accounts up to June 2020 show operating losses of over £20 million and owe owner Andy Pilley around £21 million incredible for a club about the same size of us.

one day he,ll get fed up and where will that lead them. NW Counties premier division.

Exile on Spencer St 23-09-2021 08:37

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257872)
?..I,m so glad we have a great smaller capacity ground must be awful in a larger ground to create an atmosphere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1257881)
…so many clubs want these new larger grounds that they,ll possibly fill once a season if they drop lucky in the fa cup….

Interesting (well, if you’re into such things) table that shows League 1 clubs’ maximum home attendances as a % of their ground capacity.
Stanley, Morecambe, and Fleetwood very similar.
But, even with their best crowd, there are five clubs that don’t even half fill their stadia.

andyd 23-09-2021 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1257884)
Interesting (well, if you’re into such things) table that shows League 1 clubs’ maximum home attendances as a % of their ground capacity.
But, even with their best crowd, there are five clubs that don’t even half fill their stadia.

Thanks for that exile just shows how right the club is on not concentrating on increasing the capacity.

Lost in Cornwall 23-09-2021 09:10

Andy Pilley also up before Blackpool Magistrates charged with fraud and money laundering.

monkey hanger 23-09-2021 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1257886)
Andy Pilley also up before Blackpool Magistrates charged with fraud and money laundering.

must be the air around that part of the country that spawn him and the oystons. it will be that guy at fylde next.

monkey hanger 23-09-2021 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1257884)

MK dons are the one who built their ground far too big. mind you how its designed it can easily be used for landfill in the future.

andyd 23-09-2021 10:19

With our new hybrid surface and the new bar to be open seven days a week, and possible use of the Wham for pop concerts etc:- on the surface the new income streams will be great hopefully. Now just have to keep the pryamid has it is and distribution of money improved.

MikeA 27-09-2021 17:28

U18s beat Fleetwood earlier today:
https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news...-accrington-h/

NORTHERNSOUL 27-09-2021 17:48

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...1-7aa2f230e77d

Has anybody figured out how to navigate the Hyndburn BC Planning website ?

The LT have obviously found the application so why the hell not include a link to it in the article ?

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1258045)
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...1-7aa2f230e77d

Has anybody figured out how to navigate the Hyndburn BC Planning website ?

The LT have obviously found the application so why the hell not include a link to it in the article ?

Hyndburn seem to be using one of the most cumbersome and unfriendly programmes I’ve ever come across but I think the application number is 11/21/0474.

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 18:22

Sorry, I found no way to track down any application details online.
HBC admit their system isn’t working. Looks like some over paid muppet at the Council has bought an over elaborate computer system that is too complicated for both the Council and its target audience - the public.
Shocking system, worst I’ve ever come across.

NORTHERNSOUL 28-09-2021 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258046)
Hyndburn seem to be using one of the most cumbersome and unfriendly programmes I’ve ever come across but I think the application number is 11/21/0474.

Cheers Mate

So that makes it

Document List

If anybody wants to take a look at the proposed new changing rooms and associated facility block.

Looks like they're trying to line all their ducks up to be able to do it in the summer without having to hire in the very expensive temporary facilities mind you i don't recall the ones that Carlisle had after the floods there were all that fancy to cost anywhere near the figure Stanley have been quoted.

MikeA 28-09-2021 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258046)

It takes a while to find it. Knowing the 0474 bit, I came up with Document List

andyd 28-09-2021 08:02

When completed our ground and pitch is going to be one of the best in the lower league,s, from being the absolute worst fantastic investment for the community going forward far better than over spending on players and pushing a club to the edge.

monkey hanger 28-09-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258065)
When completed our ground and pitch is going to be one of the best in the lower league,s, from being the absolute worst fantastic investment for the community going forward far better than over spending on players and pushing a club to the edge.

signing players are for gamblers. ground and pitch improvments are for ones who know the results before they bet.

MikeA 10-10-2021 20:55

Best wishes to Shrews striker, Ryan Bowman, who came on as a late sub against us last month. He was substituted, suffering from heart palpitations, 36 minutes into their game at Ipswich on Saturday, and taken to hospital:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58862839
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...-palpitations/
https://blueandamber.proboards.com/t...87/ryan-bowman

MikeA 11-10-2021 13:17

I can't see anything on our site, but there's a report on PNE's of our U18/U19 side beating them to top Group 3 in the FA Youth Alliance Cup:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/octo...-on-09-oct-21/
https://uk.soccerway.com/national/en...-stage/r62893/

Well done to everyone involved, and best wishes for the next stage of the competition.

Exile on Spencer St 11-10-2021 15:29

Well done to the U18s, good result so soon after after a loss to PNE.

Lost in Cornwall 12-10-2021 07:56

Would be good if the fishy site kept us updated on how the youth and under 23's are getting on.

Watchdog 12-10-2021 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1258377)
Would be good if the fishy site kept us updated on how the youth and under 23's are getting on.

I mentioned this to Dave Burgess about 8 weeks ago asking if fixtures and info relating to the Youth team and Under 23s could be published on the web as i would like to attend and watch the games if possible.
Dave Burgess must have kindly actioned this immediately as a few days later the website started issuing details of fixtures and i actually attended 2 fixtures. I must admit it seems to have gone quiet as i haven't seen anything for about 3 weeks now.

AccyMad 12-10-2021 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1258380)
I mentioned this to Dave Burgess about 8 weeks ago asking if fixtures and info relating to the Youth team and Under 23s could be published on the web as i would like to attend and watch the games if possible.
Dave Burgess must have kindly actioned this immediately as a few days later the website started issuing details of fixtures and i actually attended 2 fixtures. I must admit it seems to have gone quiet as i haven't seen anything for about 3 weeks now.

The under 23's beat Walsall 3 - 0 today, goals from Tommy Leigh, Jack Nolan & Oliver Patrick

MikeA 12-10-2021 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1258382)
The under 23's beat Walsall 3 - 0 today, goals from Tommy Leigh, Jack Nolan & Oliver Patrick

Match report: https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2021...of-accrington/

If I'd known sooner, I'd probably have gone. Great Barr isn't too far for me.

Mr T 12-10-2021 17:56

We can only pass on information "publically" when recieved.

Whilst the Walsall game was "in the public doman" we only recieved confirmation that the public could attend this morning.

As you might have spotted, the main focus today was the annual Y3 Shirt give away

Exile on Spencer St 12-10-2021 18:01

Great to see the news of “Shirt Day” on the Fishy site.
Thus must be the best thing Andy Holt and all the staff and players do for Stanley (other than winning games;)) and the Borough.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-year-running/

AccyMad 12-10-2021 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258385)
Great to see the news of “Shirt Day” on the Fishy site.
Thus must be the best thing Andy Holt and all the staff and players do for Stanley (other than winning games;)) and the Borough.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-year-running/

Seeing some of the children who had been part of it today when we picked ours up this afternoon, there's no doubt about it - their little faces said it all, bless 'em

Exile on Spencer St 12-10-2021 20:37

Charles on as late sub for NI - can he get an equaliser and redeem himself?

Errr…..no he can’t.

monkey hanger 13-10-2021 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258387)
Charles on as late sub for NI - can he get an equaliser and redeem himself?

Errr…..no he can’t.

will he ever do that for stanley again which is more important.

cashman 13-10-2021 11:02

who cares shut the prat simple as,

Inspector Morse 14-10-2021 10:56

'who cares shut the prat simple as,'

Sheer poetry.

andyd 20-10-2021 10:28

Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle by mutual respect strange coincidence both his worst manager win percentage have been in the North East his other being Sunderland.

MikeA 26-10-2021 12:14

Good to see Joe starting in this afternoon's Central League match at Fleetwood.
KO 13:00. Updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial

MikeA 26-10-2021 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1258839)
Good to see Joe starting in this afternoon's Central League match at Fleetwood.
KO 13:00. Updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial

Joe subbed on 39 minutes. Lost 3-1, with Scully scoring a second half penalty.

Twenty Eight 26-10-2021 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258650)
Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle by mutual respect strange coincidence both his worst manager win percentage have been in the North East his other being Sunderland.

I very much doubt there's any mutual respect !

Lord Stiffupperlip 21-11-2021 18:47

I noticed Cole Stockton popped up in the 94th minute to give the Shrimps 3 points away at Fleetwood & now leads the L1 strikers chart.
Apparently he's valued at a mere £135k?
Looks like a real bargain to me.

andyd 22-11-2021 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1259806)
I noticed Cole Stockton popped up in the 94th minute to give the Shrimps 3 points away at Fleetwood & now leads the L1 strikers chart.
Apparently he's valued at a mere £135k?
Looks like a real bargain to me.

Can you see Morecambe selling their star to us no way.

Lord Stiffupperlip 22-11-2021 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1259812)
Can you see Morecambe selling their star to us no way.

Ok! How about £135k + Charles :D

andyd 22-11-2021 10:12

Left back a target in January how about Brandon Mason free agent ex Coventry City.

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2021 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1259813)
Ok! How about £135k + Charles :D

No, Stanley couldn’t afford to pay that much to get rid of him! :rolleyes:

Crown Grounder 22-11-2021 11:23

There's a bit more on the Dion Charles fall-out in Coley's interview pre-Burton Albion. Worth a watch/listen .....you may need headphones as the sound is quite poor.......

cashman 22-11-2021 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1259819)
There's a bit more on the Dion Charles fall-out in Coley's interview pre-Burton Albion. Worth a watch/listen .....you may need headphones as the sound is quite poor.......

I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2021 14:15

Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies

cashman 22-11-2021 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1259828)
Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies

Ta for that exile beats me why coley is humouring this waster?

andyd 22-11-2021 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1259828)
Good interview.

My understanding from a decent source was that Hibs bid didn't happen there was a bid but not them apparently.

DaveinGermany 22-11-2021 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259827)
I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.

Even then Cashy you'd struggle to hear what he's saying due to his accent. :D

Crown Grounder 22-11-2021 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259827)

Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....

cashman 22-11-2021 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1259841)
Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....

cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2021 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259850)
cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.

First find your specs! ;)

Inspector Morse 22-11-2021 20:11

If you put the Dion Charles debacle to one side we appear to be missing another striker,
We took a young lad from West Brom who looks off the pace whenever he gets game time.

What was the point in bringing him in if he's not up to it? Did no-one bother to check him out first?

AccyMad 02-12-2021 17:23

Another one bites the dust, Doncaster have sacked Richie Wellens

andyd 02-12-2021 20:56

German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.

mab 02-12-2021 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260488)
German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.

:) Wouldn't affect Stanley much if that was the case over here Andy only when we play one of the so called Big Boys :)
Hopefully it wont come to that !!

mab 02-12-2021 22:08

Crainey: We know it’s going to be a real battle against Accrington https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106500606 :) Match Preview https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106458310?-16430:2026 :)

andyd 03-12-2021 16:27

Young Liam Coyle has won the fans player of the month well deserved I voted for him one bright spark in some shocking performance,s needed in the side for me gain experience and confidence has all the tools in his box for a outstanding talent in the engine room.

mab 03-12-2021 20:15

Well done Liam ! :) https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...d-players-life :)

AccyMad 04-12-2021 18:27

Just to round off a bloody good day for Stanley comes the news that our friend Mr. Cook has been 'relieved of his duties' at Ipswich. When they appointed him I gave him till Christmas, he didn't even get quite that far

mab 04-12-2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1260620)
Just to round off a bloody good day for Stanley comes the news that our friend Mr. Cook has been 'relieved of his duties' at Ipswich. When they appointed him I gave him till Christmas, he didn't even get quite that far

Oooops :🙃

andyd 05-12-2021 07:52

Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich swiftly becoming a job that doesn't last long one window Cook had no stability no progression, Michael Appellation current bookies favourite not entirely setting Lincoln alight strange one.

monkey hanger 05-12-2021 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260642)
Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich swiftly becoming a job that doesn't last long one window Cook had no stability no progression, Michael Appellation current bookies favourite not entirely setting Lincoln alight strange one.

think appletons style of football will suit ipswich and their fans more than the snake, they seem to love the tippy tappy posessing only football down there. all he has done at lincoln is to set them back. as for the slithery one can see him at fleetwood or donny rovers.

andyd 05-12-2021 16:39

Connor Ripley set to leave Preston in January league 1 and a league 2 club interested wonder if it's us would have him back purely for his experience maybe on loan till the summer when his contract expires.

StanleyJosh 06-12-2021 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260661)
Connor Ripley set to leave Preston in January league 1 and a league 2 club interested wonder if it's us would have him back purely for his experience maybe on loan till the summer when his contract expires.

Wouldn't want him back, our current keepers are better in my view.
Plus - reckon he'd still manage to blag a high salary.