Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 10:48

Re: Bits & Bobs

Main concern to me is all this investment is in the site ....... but what about on the pitch ?
All well and good having a nice ground ...........
Getting a bit tired of "Coley will unearth a diamond as usual"
Where is the scouting infrastructure ?
I'm hoping John gets support and a healthy budget at the end of the season and we can get away from this consistent high percentage of loan deals.

Lord Stiffupperlip 07-02-2019 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223878)
Main concern to me is all this investment is in the site ....... but what about on the pitch ?
I'm hoping John gets support and a healthy budget at the end of the season and we can get away from this consistent high percentage of loan deals.

Do we actually have a scouting system 28?
As we don't have the funds to snap up potential talent - even non-league teams expect a £1m for their players these days; we will always be reliant on the rejects, free agents & loans.
Even when we produce our own talent via the academy, the gems are poached by the big-boys before they've kicked a ball for the senior team.
Fully agree with your sentiments. We may survive this season but without better quality players, I doubt we'll get away with it next year.

andyd 07-02-2019 12:02

Quote:

We can't have extra investment on the pitch without extra income the cup runs this season have been added to the playing budget I believe player sales on ground improvement one day the work will be finished and hopefully better facilities, clubhouse and office,s plus new training ground to benefit on the field performances will ultimately lead to 7 day week all year round income streams that will create bigger budgets, hopefully Coleman and players can keep in this level and go on to greater things.

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 12:07

You're missing the point. We've built a stand, will be building new changing rooms soon etc etc so the answer has to be yes the money is there ...... just the choice of where to invest.
You don't get promotions and you don't have cup runs without a team.
Chicken or the egg.
We've been found out this season.
There has to be a semblance of balance.

andyd 07-02-2019 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223881)
You're missing the point. We've built a stand, will be building new changing rooms soon etc etc so the answer has to be yes the money is there ...... just the choice of where to invest.
You don't get promotions and you don't have cup runs without a team.
Chicken or the egg.
We've been found out this season.
There has to be a semblance of balance.

No I ain't I have been going Stanley for a long while and quite frankly the ground had become embarrassing countless postponed matches as the pitch was frankly knackered you could have put the money into the playing budget and couldn't create a decent surface for them we were bankrupt till Mr Holt came along and in the 3 and a bit years since we have progressed if that isn't up to your liking or right priority's tough.

Mr T 07-02-2019 17:31

Few quick points;

Pitch is "knackered" due to too many home Cup games and lack of TG; plus usual crap Accy weather

Capacity is nothing to do with HBC;

Our Safety Certificate is granted by LCC and SGSA who are totally "onside" with what we are doing

Coley, Jimmy and John Doolan are our "scouts"; they never stop!!:)

Spartacus2nd 07-02-2019 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1223891)

Capacity is nothing to do with HBC;

Our Safety Certificate is granted by LCC and SGSA who are totally "onside" with what we are doing

Im well aware who determines the capacity, but Andy said at a fans forum that the council would not allow any meaningful ground expansion, as the local roads and lack of parking wont allow it. If you know different I suggest you pass it on to AH

Quote:

Thats half a fair comment Mr 8, but we spent 20 years putting everything we had into the squad whilst neglecting the infrastructure. It nearly cost us our club ...

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1223892)
Im well aware who determines the capacity, but Andy said at a fans forum that the council would not allow any meaningful ground expansion, as the local roads and lack of parking wont allow it. If you know different I suggest you pass it on to AH

Thats half a fair comment Mr 8, but we spent 20 years putting everything we had into the squad whilst neglecting the infrastructure. It nearly cost us our club ...

I know it’s a balancing act and let’s be right I’m not a long established die hard so it’s difficult for me to get into historical issues.
However that’s what it is - history.
For my limited time supporting the team home and away I would be appalled if we ended up with a neat and nice ground but a side mid table in League Two.
It took a monumental effort to get us to where we are but even the most blinkered fan must see we have to invest in the team.

Chewbacca 07-02-2019 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1223892)

Highways issues are still LCC. HBC consult with LCC on Highways when
any PP or pre-app is submitted, and listen to what LCC say like all districts do. The same goes for any development.

cashman 07-02-2019 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223896)
I know it’s a balancing act and let’s be right I’m not a long established die hard so it’s difficult for me to get into historical issues.
For my limited time supporting the team home and away I would be appalled if we ended up with a neat and nice ground but a side mid table in League Two.
It took a monumental effort to get us to where we are but even the most blinkered fan must see we have to invest in the team.

Aye and will yeh still be here when certain people leave the club? somehow i dont think so.

Spartacus2nd 07-02-2019 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1223899)
Highways issues are still LCC. HBC consult with LCC on Highways when
any PP or pre-app is submitted, and listen to what LCC say like all districts do. The same goes for any development.

Tbf, iirc, it was tptb mentioned ...

So, abbreviations aside, 'the council' could be Lancashire or Hyndburn?

Its irrelevant who. The point is that he was told it is unlikely that we could significantly increase the capacity for yhe aforementioned reasons

Spartacus2nd 07-02-2019 19:52

Quote:

Me too, can you imagine the ignominy of having to watch lower league football every week? #shudderswithhorror

After watching league 2 football every week for 12 years, in 3rd world conditions, Im sure that FANS would adapt soon enough

Spartacus2nd 07-02-2019 20:00

Quote:

However that’s what it is - history..

Well Michael, thankfully, there are enough people around the club who understand the virtue of history and learning its lessons.

We ejaculated all our money on players to survive in league 2, we did durvive but the cost of almost losing the club was too high for me. Id sooner sell the lot and gamble on the Youth team keeping us up. Relegation is a vanity issue.

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1223905)
Well Michael, thankfully, there are enough people around the club who understand the virtue of history and learning its lessons.

We ejaculated all our money on players to survive in league 2, we did durvive but the cost of almost losing the club was too high for me. Id sooner sell the lot and gamble on the Youth team keeping us up. Relegation is a vanity issue.

That’s fair enough and as long as everyone sees it that way the club will be “safe”
However only today Coley is talking about top two league one next season.
How can that be feasible without investment in the squad ?

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1223900)
Aye and will yeh still be here when certain people leave the club? somehow i dont think so.

Do you know what ? That summarises the insular attitude when you’re trying to attract new supporters.
I’ve been home and away since 2014 and enjoyed most of it.
I’m semi retired now and see no reason why I wouldn’t carry on.
I’ve met some great people during that time.

Twenty Eight 07-02-2019 21:09

Quote:

Do you think all of the fans see it as a vanity issue ?
What about the new fans we’re trying to attract giving shirts away etc ?
Do you think they will be happy not at least giving it a go at some point ?
I repeat it’s a balancing issue but at the moment there’s no fulcrum.
Everything getting plugged into ground etc nothing into the squad.

Lord Stiffupperlip 07-02-2019 21:35

Quote:

You seem to have a forensic knowledge of the financial history at ASFC.
If we did 'ejaculate' as you put it, all our money on players in the hope of surviving league 2, then it was a gamble that paid-off.
'Relegation a vanity issue'. How so?
If, God forbid, we got relegated this season, those 'Johnny-come-lately' fans would disappear faster than a 1st class passenger on the Titanic.
If we can survive we may well still be playing Sunderland next year, together with possibly Bolton & Rotherham from the Championship & neighbours Bury from League 2.
All these teams would bring large away support due to their proximity.
ditto Lincoln, who's fans will be on cloud nine if they reach League 1.
Make no mistake, relegation would be a disaster for us.
Ground improvements aside, I'm sure that Andy Holt & John Coleman will do whatever is necessary to avoid that outcome.

Wynonie Harris 08-02-2019 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1223891)
and lack of TG;

So what's happening on that score? Thought we had big plans for a site near Read, but it all seems to have gone quiet now?

cashman 08-02-2019 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223909)
Do you know what ? That summarises the insular attitude when you’re trying to attract new supporters.

Thats good dont mind fer a min being wrong if thats the case,

monkey hanger 08-02-2019 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223912)
I repeat it’s a balancing issue but at the moment there’s no fulcrum.
Everything getting plugged into ground etc nothing into the squad.

agree to a point but i suppose we could just about afford to buy a half a million pound player but with that price on his head how could we pay the wages he would demand and still keep the rest of the team happy. we just have to go down the line of what we are doing now and just hope we do not make a mistake one season in signing a few that do not come off and poor loan signings. rhink relagation would see off the majority of the newer fans we have picked up as their vanity would not see em back.

Spartacus2nd 08-02-2019 14:05

Regarding off the pitch activities, we still have the 4th smallest crowds in the entire Football League. I suspect that our annual turnover falls in line with that. For all the work that has gone on, we still have a tiny ground and a tiny turnover. Every club bar Macclesfield, Morecambe and I think FGR (a village) is kicking our arse with its turnover, we simply HAVE to get the club to a level where we sit comfortably mid table in those rankings.

The shirt giveaways, happy hours etc are all great, but shouldve been done 10 years ago. We didnt, because the club was on its arse financially as the little we had went on the Jay Harris's of this world. As a result of neglecting the facilities and the fans we have the 4th lowest crowds of the 92.

Yes, there is a balancing act but AH DID increase the budget, he DID give Coley a chunk of cup run money. We've aldo paid transfer fees in the last 2/3 years and have signed players that their clubs would rather keep - Maxted and Beckles come to mind.

We need to accept what we are, and we are a small club punching above our weight. Way above in fact.

Ive no doubt that, provided we keep on with the good work off pitch, in 5 years time we'll have twice as many home fans. I'm prepared to wait ...

Wynonie Harris 08-02-2019 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223909)

I reckon you're well and truly hooked now. Even when the two players you're connected with eventually leave the club, I think you'll still find the call of the Wham irresistible! The Stanley bug - once you've been bitten, you can never get rid of it! :D

Lord Stiffupperlip 08-02-2019 22:44

Perhaps it's time to put things into perspective regarding our continued low home attendance.
On the 30th January AFC Bournemouth beat Chelsea 4-0 at the Vitality Stadium. Official attendance - only 10,227.
Of this, 1,500 were away fans, so the home crowd was actually 8,727. As the population of Bournemouth is 187,500 - 4.6% of the population attended.
This is a club enjoying their 4th season at the top level of the game, playing against the cream of English football.
Four days before, we entertained Derby County in the FA Cup - attendance was 5397, of which home fans numbered 2738.
The population of Accrington is 35,456, so 7.7% of our population turned out.
In our Conference winning season, 2005-6, when the prize was a return to the football league, our average gate was 1,895
In our first 'honeymoon' season back in the football league, the average gate was 2,260.
Let's get real! We're never, never, ever going to increase home attendance to any significant level. Nor should we expect to.
Constrained by our low population & hemmed in by our two big neighbours, I doubt we'd scrape 4,000 fans if we made the Championship.
Our gates are what they are for good reason & there's little point gnashing our teeth about it.
The kids are the most important element in the future success of ASFC, something the club is making positive steps to encourage.
Until then, let's be grateful we're so lucky, lucky, lucky to be playing football in League 1 - against some clubs than make Bournemouth look like a minnow.

monkey hanger 09-02-2019 08:27

its not just about population of accrington and bournemouth either. if you live in accrington you have two of the biggest clubs in england just down the road as well as burnley and blackburn. i imagine there will be a few who watch the two liverpool clubs as well. in bournemouth its just them and the nearest southampton is hardly on the doorstep. thank the gates of just over 1000 was an insult to stanley but getting over 2000 that hopefully will grow is maybe all the club could realistically ask for.

Twenty Eight 09-02-2019 10:25

Well if you want to compare the two Bournemouth were in League One 2012-13 and got promoted.
They spent £1.6 million on players - Fraser, Ritchie, Grabban, and Elphick.
They recouped £950k selling Scott Malone.
Net deficit £650k.
Sometimes you've got to be brave.

monkey hanger 09-02-2019 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1223981)
Sometimes you've got to be brave.

and some play roulette with the money available. sign a load of players for big fees and long contracts and then find out they were worse than the ones you got rid of and you are stuck with em. love to join the world of sunderland and the others who have gone down this line over the seasons.

cashman 09-02-2019 12:58

Theres a big difference between brave and stupid.

Exile on Spencer St 09-02-2019 13:45

There’s also now at least one other big difference between Bournemouth and Stanley. Bournemouth do not own their stadium and, from the recent kefuffle over Dean Court, are not willing to be ‘held to ransom’ by its owner.
So maybe that’s why they opted to spend their anticipated Championship moolah on players.
Having said that, in 2013 the vacant end did have a 2,400 seat stand built.
So, if you‘re located in one of the wealthiest parts of the country and have enough money, it seems you can spend it on both players (club) and the ground (landlord).

Spartacus2nd 09-02-2019 16:04

Or you could just have Chinese billionaire owners with little respect for the FFP rules?

Exile on Spencer St 09-02-2019 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224008)
Or you could just have Chinese billionaire owners with little respect for the FFP rules?

No thanks, more than happy with AH.:)

Twenty Eight 09-02-2019 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1223990)
Theres a big difference between brave and stupid.

Correct Cashy.
After today’s abysmal performance we’re in a war now and stuck with the squad we’ve got.

monkey hanger 10-02-2019 08:15

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight
After today’s abysmal performance we’re in a war now and stuck with the squad we’ve got.[/QUOTE]

that is what worries me. whilst we have good footballers at the club i just cannot see us as a team battling out physical games to grab some points. other sides have come to the wham and outmusled us and nick points. does anyone else think we actually can do the same.

andyd 10-02-2019 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1224030)
that is what worries me. whilst we have good footballers at the club i just cannot see us as a team battling out physical games to grab some points. other sides have come to the wham and outmusled us and nick points. does anyone else think we actually can do the same.

Think a change of formation and tactics might work drop Conneely who can't muscle his way out of a paper bag try someone else in there Ben Everton,Doniecian even give Nolan another go won,t know if never tried maybe has in training but we do need some battling qualities from now to the end of the season because to be safe I thinks we need at least 17 to 18 points.

Twenty Eight 10-02-2019 08:51

It not all about personnel it’s also about tactics.
The formations against Gillingham and Derby are the way to go.
It doesn’t matter who you play in midfield if you’re constantly outnumbered.
First substitution yesterday should have been to go three at the back.
Instead we swap like for like ..... how was that going to change the game ?

Twenty Eight 10-02-2019 08:53

Before everybody starts that’s not a denfence of Conneely he had a shocker and knows it himself.
However the list of shockers yesterday was a very long list.

Spartacus2nd 10-02-2019 09:58

I dont think we use the squad enough. A player coming in with a point to prove cant be underestimated, likewise a player trying to ein his shirt back. Neither Billy nor Sean seem to be at the races this season. Theyre still the best we have but we need to find a way of getting another 5% out of them.

monkey hanger 11-02-2019 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1224036)
Before everybody starts that’s not a denfence of Conneely he had a shocker and knows it himself.
However the list of shockers yesterday was a very long list.

some seem to be under par every week and still in the side for the next. if you do not try something nothing can change and they can only be as poor as the one replaced at worse.

Twenty Eight 11-02-2019 14:49

I agree but that's down to the Manager, same with tactics and formation.

ferret man 11-02-2019 18:40

Would like to see Armstrong start up front with posh Smith along side

monkey hanger 12-02-2019 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1224112)
Would like to see Armstrong start up front with posh Smith along side

can only not score between em which is the worst that can happen.

ossy kid 12-02-2019 20:11

So here's my two penorth, after 15 games we're in the top half of the league and playing well, now after 29 games we are not the same team. The same players? are they tired? have they lost their confidence? or has the team spirit gone out of the window? What ever has happened there is only one person responsible to sort it out, the manager. He is, without doubt, the best manager Stanley has ever had, is he tired? has he lost his edge? Let's hope not. They all have to realize that they are playing for their jobs for their team and for their fans, someone has to remind them of that. I never needed reminding, I played for the love of the game and I hated to loose. I have faith in J.C. lets hope he turns things around soon.

Twenty Eight 12-02-2019 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1224141)
So here's my two penorth, after 15 games we're in the top half of the league and playing well, now after 29 games we are not the same team. The same players? are they tired? have they lost their confidence? or has the team spirit gone out of the window? What ever has happened there is only one person responsible to sort it out, the manager. He is, without doubt, the best manager Stanley has ever had, is he tired? has he lost his edge? Let's hope not. They all have to realize that they are playing for their jobs for their team and for their fans, someone has to remind them of that. I never needed reminding, I played for the love of the game and I hated to loose. I have faith in J.C. lets hope he turns things around soon.

I think we’ve been found out mate so what is the back up plan to change things ?
Also I would ask how fit we are.
You’re right this is when Coley has the biggest job to sort it out.

ossy kid 12-02-2019 21:19

Not sure what you mean "found out" Twenty Eight? Don't need a back up plan if you have eleven players giving 110 per cent and if your not fit by this time in the season it,s time to retire BUT both these problems are J.C.s job to sort. It's a grand old game for the armchair expert though eh.

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 05:23

'Found out' is probably true.

Take McConville for example, last season he scored plenty of goals but many were very similar. The ball would scoot across the 18 yard box for Sean to cut in and bend a shot past the keeper. This season he is the highest shot taker in the league but isnt getting the goals. Why? I suggest that trams in this league are doing their homework better and the keeper sees the play building, and positions himself a yard further over to snuff the shot.

Donacien against Derby highlighted another problem for me, we seem reluctant to get round the outside of the fullback. Our build up play is fine but then the overlap of our fuĺlback from the winger either doesnt come or isnt used. I put it down to his lack of match fitness, but then noticed it in other games from both wings

monkey hanger 13-02-2019 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1224142)
I think we’ve been found out mate so what is the back up plan to change things ?
Also I would ask how fit we are.
You’re right this is when Coley has the biggest job to sort it out.

if coley has a problem then its his insistance of playing the same 11 week in week out bar injury and suspension. heard he does not like changing the starting 11 so why have a large squad and if you do not try something you never know the outcome.

cashman 13-02-2019 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1224163)
if coley has a problem then its his insistance of playing the same 11 week in week out bar injury and suspension. heard he does not like changing the starting 11 so why have a large squad and if you do not try something you never know the outcome.

This sorta thing has always gone on at stanley, since we been in league, yet some still sing how super J.C is.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 13-02-2019 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1224143)
Not sure what you mean "found out" Twenty Eight? Don't need a back up plan if you have eleven players giving 110 per cent and if your not fit by this time in the season it,s time to retire BUT both these problems are J.C.s job to sort. It's a grand old game for the armchair expert though eh.

Tactics my friend, tactics and how we set up.
You cannot get by on effort alone in League One.
If you're implying I'm an armchair expert then guilty as charged - other than Im there week after week game after game, not sat in an armchair.

ferret man 13-02-2019 13:28

Think Billy is over due a rest, can't keep using him as a target for thugs to keep pummelling without it taking some effect on the lad.

Twenty Eight 13-02-2019 14:51

Anybody think Billy might be better suited playing behind a front two ?
It would mean going three at the back - but that worked reasonably well against Derby and Gillingham. 3-4-1-2.

cashman 13-02-2019 16:01

I think that could be a very good move personally.

Exile on Spencer St 13-02-2019 16:27

I too have wondered whether that would be worth a try, 28.
Something needs to change, but it’ll need to be something subtle rather than radical with the options available.

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1224167)
This sorta thing has always gone on at stanley, since we been in league, yet some still sing how super J.C is.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It went on BEFORE the league as well, which you wouldnt know about while you were watching the remnants of Jack Walker's millions spluttering to a halt :hehetable

One of the reasons that our poorly paid, ragtag assembly of cast-offs keep managing to progress (15 out of 16 seasons?) is his loyalty to his XI. They run through brick walls for him and sooner or later he finds that little bit of glitter to roll his turds in

cashman 13-02-2019 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224179)
It went on BEFORE the league as well, which you wouldnt know about while you were watching the remnants of Jack Walker's millions spluttering to a halt :hehetable

One of the reasons that our poorly paid, ragtag assembly of cast-offs keep managing to progress (15 out of 16 seasons?) is his loyalty to his XI. They run through brick walls for him and sooner or later he finds that little bit of glitter to roll his turds in

Thats all you know pal.:rolleyes:

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 18:29

Dont pal me pal

Pretty sure i read your confession on here that you went to Ewood when Stanley didn't have a team between 1962 and 2006

cashman 13-02-2019 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224188)
Dont pal me pal

Pretty sure i read your confession on here that you went to Ewood when Stanley didn't have a team between 1962 and 2006

learn to remember what yeh read sunshine:rolleyes:I lived in spain from 1998 for a few years until my late wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so yeh know sod all

cashman 13-02-2019 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1224189)
learn to remember what yeh read sunshine:rolleyes:I lived in spain from 1998 for a few years until my late wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so yeh know sod all

in fact i'm wrong it was 97 when i moved yon.

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 19:15

Yeah but yeh still a clown

cashman 13-02-2019 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224193)
Yeah but yeh still a clown

Better a clown than a BIG HEADED GET

Lord Stiffupperlip 13-02-2019 19:46

I'm hoping Coley has the courage to change things on Friday.
If we go up there with a defensive minded set-up, lone striker etc, I fear we'll cop for it.
I can imagine young Armstrong, being a Boro lad, will be desperate to score against Sunderland.
Never mind 2 strikers, I'd play 3. What have we got to lose? No one expects us to win.
Come on Coley, let's really go for it!

ossy kid 13-02-2019 19:47

Wasn't talking about you twenty eight, I read your reports on the matches so am aware you show up, I was inferring to myself, living 5000 miles away my only options are to keep an eye on comments on the web, I do catch the odd game when I can stream them. Can't argue that tactics have always been a big part of the game too, my main point was that it's up to J.C. to sort the problems out, sooner than later please.

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 19:48

To you, to me. Keep on keeping on, Cashyweb would be boring without your witty little ditties.

ossy kid 13-02-2019 20:13

So Stanley didn't have a team between 62 and 2006 hmm. If you were around in 1970 you might recall Stanley begin the long road back, highlighted by winning the game which saw the bunch of turds promoted again, this time to division two and that was 15 April 2004. Get your facts right before you start insulting the team that some of us have supported since the 1950s.

ossy kid 13-02-2019 20:16

My mistake, sorry 15 April 2006.

AccyMad 13-02-2019 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1224198)
So Stanley didn't have a team between 62 and 2006 hmm. If you were around in 1970 you might recall Stanley begin the long road back, highlighted by winning the game which saw the bunch of turds promoted again, this time to division two and that was 15 April 2004. Get your facts right before you start insulting the team that some of us have supported since the 1950s.

Of course we had a team during that time, I myself started watching around 1975 but some didn't want to watch non league football or had already switched to watching Rovers or Burnley in the years between Stanley's demise in 62 & the resurgence in 68, Don't quite understand that myself as I can't imagine that I would've been able to truly support another team if we'd gone out of existence in 2009 as we were so close to doing but I guess it's each to their own

Spartacus2nd 13-02-2019 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1224198)

I think youll find i was having a dig at Cashman and the fact that he abandoned Stanley in favour of watching Rovers until Stanley once again brought League football back to Accrington. Im well aware of the part you played back then as well.

By the way Bry, if we're talking about getting facts right you might want to check that date again ...:rolleyes:

ossy kid 14-02-2019 01:48

Just heard Blackpool are in receivership for 25 million? Or is that old news?

AccyMad 14-02-2019 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1224207)
Just heard Blackpool are in receivership for 25 million? Or is that old news?

Only happened yesterday so not so old Ossy Kid :)
It's a shame but apparently the only way they could get rid of the odious Oysten's grip on the club, good luck to them

Lost in Cornwall 14-02-2019 07:08

EFL going to decide at their next meeting whether the 12 point deduction should apply to Blackpool.

cashman 14-02-2019 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224202)
I think youll find i was having a dig at Cashman and the fact that he abandoned Stanley in favour of watching Rovers until Stanley once again brought League football back to Accrington. Im well aware of the part you played back then as well.

By the way Bry, if we're talking about getting facts right you might want to check that date again ...:rolleyes:

That just demonstrates how dense yeh are to me, I abandoned nobody, we did not have a team anymore and i was a teenage football fan, so i went to watch elsewhere, hard to grasp i know.:rolleyes: My late dad and many other older people never went to another game anywhere, that explanation is for di, who i know for a fact has a grasp of things.

ASFC1019 14-02-2019 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1224167)

I’ve read some ridiculous comments on here in the past but this has to be up there.
Do you actually remember where we have came from? Coley took over in 99 and the rise of this club under him and Jimmy has been unbelievable. That for me makes them SUPER.
Yes he makes mistakes, who doesn’t. But to turn around and criticise other fans who clearly see what he has done for this club is absurd.
I’m not sure you recognise the size of achievement for a club like ours to be at this level. You should pop down to some conference north games to see how big some of them clubs are in comparison to us and are now 3 divisions below.

Spartacus2nd 14-02-2019 09:43

So what happened in 68 when the rallying call went out?

cashman 14-02-2019 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224222)
So what happened in 68 when the rallying call went out?

Its sod all to do with you.

Spartacus2nd 14-02-2019 12:17

Dense

cashman 14-02-2019 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224229)
Dense

Glad the penny has finally dropped, but dont be hard on yerself.

Spartacus2nd 14-02-2019 16:21

The only thing dropping is your IQ level me owd mucker

ferret man 14-02-2019 20:34

Cashy F.F.S. just read that bottom line on all your post's

cashman 15-02-2019 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1224252)
Cashy F.F.S. just read that bottom line on all your post's

Oh i know mate but all the clowns aint in the circus.

Spartacus2nd 15-02-2019 12:45

Cashy Web rule no 1 ... if you disagree with Cashman, yeh dense
Rule no 2 ... if you fall out with Cashy yeh a clown

2 of the reasons why nobody posts on here anymore.

I have observed only from a distance for many years, but started posting because the Cashy Web mafia stands unopposed. If that makes me a dense clown then boo hoo

Exile on Spencer St 15-02-2019 13:09

Most folk come on here to discuss and argue about football and Stanley. You seem to have joined simply to pick fights with individuals.
Isn’t there some other social media outlet you would prefer where you can join all the other pubescent trollers?
If not, grow up.

Simpson 15-02-2019 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224268)
Cashy Web rule no 1 ... if you disagree with Cashman, yeh dense
Rule no 2 ... if you fall out with Cashy yeh a clown

2 of the reasons why nobody posts on here anymore.

I have observed only from a distance for many years, but started posting because the Cashy Web mafia stands unopposed. If that makes me a dense clown then boo hoo

======
For what it's worth i think this is an enjoyable forum, indeed i only joined it myself in the last year, but previously read it for 5 yrs or more.
In that time i've not encountered anyone as balanced as yourself in that you seem to have a massive chip on both shoulders and just want to pick fights.

Life's too short, find a hobby that doesn't involve a keyboard. :jimbo:

Spartacus2nd 16-02-2019 00:29

Ive picked 2 fights in my short time here. One with Lord Stifflip who thinks we should spend our few quid on the away fans, and one with Cashman who has driven most posters away with his endless dense drivel.

My first 'fight' was a well constructed and reasoned post as to why we shouldnt spend our pence on away fans. That was picked to pieces because I havent been here long enough to have an opinion contrary to others.

Fair dos, I'll leave you all to your guess the gate competitions.

monkey hanger 16-02-2019 08:20

you have a right to your opinions sparacus2nd like we all have. life would be really boring if we all thought the same unless you or anyone else just comes on to wind others up for the sake of it.

Twenty Eight 16-02-2019 17:55

You mean like Lord love a rocket ?
I have a bit of sympathy for Spartacus here.
I’ve always felt there’s a club within a club and if you’re not a member then your views are simply not accepted regardless.

cashman 16-02-2019 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1224336)
You mean like Lord love a rocket ?
I have a bit of sympathy for Spartacus here.
I’ve always felt there’s a club within a club and if you’re not a member then your views are simply not accepted regardless.

Theres less balls in a snooker match, than that what yeh just spouted 28.:rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 16-02-2019 19:07

Well you would say that as an honorary member wouldn’t you ?

cashman 17-02-2019 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1224342)
Well you would say that as an honorary member wouldn’t you ?

Well it proves the fact to me, I just say what i think proving by the fact i have given you quite a few likes,when yeh said summat i think is fine, i also say if i think its crap, So lord love rocket it seems to me has a fair point, but then yer probably too arrogant for that penny to drop.:rolleyes:

yonmon 18-02-2019 13:23

Doesn't surprise me at all that some recently recruited contributors to our Forum find Cahman's forthright style of constructing and replying to posts relating to all things Stanley
somewhat disconcerting.

Indeed, I for one, in my salad days, on one occasion crossed swords with him over some quite trivial matter if I remember rightly, but quickly realised from following other posts from Cashy, that all he wrote came from the heart of one of our Club's staunchest supporters, that was his style, and that was that !.

Can I suggest that Spartacus2 and anyone else who takes up the cudgel with the gentleman In question or indeed anyone with whom they find disagreement and takes a measure of high dudgeon at their reply .Firstly, reads this post carefully, and then counts to ten..Then if any offence is still felt felt creates a response which demonstrates their feelings without resorting to tasteless rambling, whilst proving that they are able to do much better than making negative retorts. This by keeping to the thread being discussed at the time.
You'll feel a much better person for it, believe me !.

The truth is that like the majority of our contributors I hate finding acerbic material appearing on our Forum, but it has always been so, and will without doubt continue to appear in posts in the future. This is not capitulation on my part, merely me being realistic.

andyd 18-02-2019 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1224389)
Doesn't surprise me at all that some recently recruited contributors to our Forum find Cahman's forthright style of constructing and replying to posts relating to all things Stanley
somewhat disconcerting.

Indeed, I for one, in my salad days, on one occasion crossed swords with him over some quite trivial matter if I remember rightly, but quickly realised from following other posts from Cashy, that all he wrote came from the heart of one of our Club's staunchest supporters, that was his style, and that was that !.

Can I suggest that Spartacus2 and anyone else who takes up the cudgel with the gentleman In question or indeed anyone with whom they find disagreement and takes a measure of high dudgeon at their reply .Firstly, reads this post carefully, and then counts to ten..Then if any offence is still felt felt creates a response which demonstrates their feelings without resorting to tasteless rambling, whilst proving that they are able to do much better than making negative retorts. This by keeping to the thread being discussed at the time.

The truth is that like the majority of our contributors I hate finding acerbic material appearing on our Forum, but it has always been so, and will without doubt continue to appear in posts in the future. This is not capitulation on my part, merely me being realistic.

Correct Cashman is mad about supporting Stanley that is and doesn't bite your head off when speaking with him.

Spartacus2nd 18-02-2019 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1224389)
somewhat disconcerting.

I have orated with Cashman (as i have with most of you), in person, many times henceback. I concur that, in person, he is a more humble, slightly more personable character than his online persona suggests. So is he a keyboard warrior then?

Look, th'end of the day, I say it how it is as well. Folk who offer retorts of 'clown' or 'yeh dense' will always stimulate my ire. Cashman has better vocabulary and at his age should have better manners than to resort to such comments. Sometimes its better to say nowt than to comment every other post for the sake of it

choirboy 18-02-2019 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224401)
I have orated with Cashman (as i have with most of you), in person, many times henceback. I concur that, in person, he is a more humble, slightly more personable character than his online persona suggests. So is he a keyboard warrior then?

Look, th'end of the day, I say it how it is as well. Folk who offer retorts of 'clown' or 'yeh dense' will always stimulate my ire. Cashman has better vocabulary and at his age should have better manners than to resort to such comments. Sometimes its better to say nowt than to comment every other post for the sake of it

I'm saying nowt!

cashman 19-02-2019 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224401)

Thing is if some didn't comment regular the forum would probably DIE and close like the ultras forum did, or is that beyond yer logic?

monkey hanger 19-02-2019 13:42

there are lots of dense clowns around but they actually make more interesting read than jane sodding austen ever did. pride and predjudice, only where stanley are concerned.

Spartacus2nd 19-02-2019 15:38

If the forum was more welcoming and less condescending to newer members then perhaps it wouldnt be in such a grave state that your biilious posts are seen as its lifeblood.

The Ultras forum 'died' because it didnt need to used anymore. Its secret section (for active ultras rather than nosy pedestrians), carried on for longer than the public section

monkey hanger 19-02-2019 15:54

[QUOTE=Spartacus2nd;1224436]If the forum was more welcoming and less condescending to newer members then perhaps it wouldnt be in such a grave state that your biilious posts are seen as its lifeblood.

we were all new members at one time ot another and none of us think the same or agree with everything or everybody all the time. think in your case its a bit like if you start a new job and give an impression of running from the off and not taking things a little slower just to bed in. i,m open to abuse on any of my posts due to lack of capitals and poor spelling.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-02-2019 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224436)
If the forum was more welcoming and less condescending to newer members then perhaps it wouldnt be in such a grave state that your biilious posts are seen as its lifeblood.

Perhaps if the newer members weren't so condescending, the older members would be more welcoming.

Spartacus2nd 19-02-2019 16:27

Chicken and egg

yonmon 19-02-2019 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224442)
Chicken and egg

The Egg !... Dinosaurs ( not yours truly or Cashman !) laid eggs... of course I could be wrong !.

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!

choirboy 19-02-2019 22:50

I am reminded of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper reminds someone.......
“If you can’t say nothing nice.... Don’t say nothing at all”
:gooddog:

Spartacus2nd 20-02-2019 18:24

I hope yeh taking notes Mr C Man, even yeh mates agree!

Exile on Spencer St 20-02-2019 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1224436)
If the forum was more welcoming and less condescending to newer members then perhaps it wouldnt be in such a grave state....

Spartacus, I for one would like to warmly welcome you. After you’ve been ‘observing’ from afar for years i’m so relieved you’ve joined, if only to tell the rest of us just how ‘grave’ this forum is.
Funny, until you came along, we didn’t realise.