Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

cashman 13-07-2020 08:30

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241891)
he would have felt the same as the majority of us do when we see the same. a good well timed hard tackle for me was the best thing on the pitch to see after a goal.

Do yeh mean kick em then they cant score again?:D:D

andyd 13-07-2020 09:02

After blatantly breaking the rules Man City's European ban is overturned allowing them to compete in next year's European competions, and along with others break the rules what is the point in having a rule book stinks.

cashman 13-07-2020 09:21

To me it looks like Money Talks?

AccyMad 13-07-2020 21:05

Congratulations to Wycombe, promoted to the Championship tonight with a win over Oxford - shame though, it's a damn good away day lost

choirboy 13-07-2020 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241931)
Congratulations to Wycombe, promoted to the Championship tonight with a win over Oxford - shame though, it's a damn good away day lost

Agree with that AccyMad. Well done to Garth Ainsworth and ‘The BIG Fella’ Adebayo Akinfenwa. We’ve given him some stick over the years but credit where it is due! Congratulations to them. Ex Stanley player Joe Jacobson has played a big part in the progress made at Wycombe. It will be interesting to see how they do in The Championship next season and I hope that Adebayo gets a chance to play at that level.:alright::jimbo:

Outback Ozzy 13-07-2020 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241896)
After blatantly breaking the rules Man City's European ban is overturned allowing them to compete in next year's European competions, and along with others break the rules what is the point in having a rule book stinks.

What is annoying about this is the fact that the inquiry acknowledged that they had broken the rules yet are allowing them to play in the next 2 seasons European competitions (if they qualify) and reduced the fine by 2/3rds. Utter joke.:confused::confused:

Chewbacca 13-07-2020 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1241935)
What is annoying about this is the fact that the inquiry acknowledged that they had broken the rules yet are allowing them to play in the next 2 seasons European competitions (if they qualify) and reduced the fine by 2/3rds. Utter joke.:confused::confused:

It cleared City of disguising equity investment as sponsorship which was the main charge, and just fined £9m for failing to cooperate with UEFA investigation which seems a lot.

It wasn't that confusing if you actually read about it.

monkey hanger 14-07-2020 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1241935)

the thing is, how many actually didn,t think they would get away with the ban. as someone said above, money talks especially where the so called big clubs are involved. imagine the punishment burnley or sheffield united would get would have been more severe. the same with smaller european clubs also.

andyd 14-07-2020 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241947)
the thing is, how many actually didn,t think they would get away with the ban. as someone said above, money talks especially where the so called big clubs are involved. imagine the punishment burnley or sheffield united would get would have been more severe. the same with smaller european clubs also.

It's also created the silly game of trying to reach the golden egg of the premiership at in business like practice of spending more than you make Wigan latest example average gates last season of just over 10500 thousand wage bill £19 million per annum, no saviour they will be gone with no tears shed by the big 6 or 7.

Chimer 14-07-2020 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1241934)
Agree with that AccyMad. Well done to Garth Ainsworth and ‘The BIG Fella’ Adebayo Akinfenwa. We’ve given him some stick over the years but credit where it is due! Congratulations to them. Ex Stanley player Joe Jacobson has played a big part in the progress made at Wycombe. It will be interesting to see how they do in The Championship next season and I hope that Adebayo gets a chance to play at that level.:alright::jimbo:

Really agree about "The Beast" - I thought it was pretty crass of the Wombles to get rid of him after he got them out of League 2 (at our expense :rolleyes:). If it happens again it would be really unfair - but wouldn't surprise me at all :(.
And then maybe we could make him an offer :D.

Twenty Eight 14-07-2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241947)

Bad choice saying Sheffield United !
They've been fudging it for three years.
Only now is the truth coming out after a very distasteful court case.
Then as soon as the judgement is released, as if by magic, the Club buys the ground and attached hotel back from the "holding Company"

cashman 14-07-2020 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241974)
Really agree about "The Beast" - I thought it was pretty crass of the Wombles to get rid of him after he got them out of League 2 (at our expense :rolleyes:). If it happens again it would be really unfair - but wouldn't surprise me at all :(.

shame but too old now been a good un no doubt.

monkey hanger 15-07-2020 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1241977)
Bad choice saying Sheffield United !
They've been fudging it for three years.
Only now is the truth coming out after a very distasteful court case.
Then as soon as the judgement is released, as if by magic, the Club buys the ground and attached hotel back from the "holding Company"

didn,t know about that. seemed to have missed out on that news. might have been on look north yorkshire but stopped watching it since the virus.

Twenty Eight 15-07-2020 12:40

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...%20last%20year.

MikeA 16-07-2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241974)

Adebayo and Klopp:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53402076