Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

andyd 17-07-2020 07:30

Re: Bits & Bobs

Stanley supporter handed 3 year football ban after pleading guilty to throwing object believed to be a coin at Rochdale fans as trouble erupted at end of last season's game at Rochdale sad as this gives us publicity we don't need.

Chimer 17-07-2020 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241974)
Really agree about "The Beast" - I thought it was pretty crass of the Wombles to get rid of him after he got them out of League 2 (at our expense :rolleyes:). If it happens again it would be really unfair - but wouldn't surprise me at all :(.
And then maybe we could make him an offer :D.

So now I am surprised :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53438096

Well done Gareth Ainsworth :)

Div3North 17-07-2020 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1242060)
So now I am surprised :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53438096

Well done Gareth Ainsworth :)

Those players are the backbone of the team, so I totally agree; loyalty and ability rewarded.

Looks like The Wombles v Aston Villa in Le Championnat next season; who’d have foreseen that a few years back?

And AFC Fylde eventually relegated ....... replaced by Kings Lynn

:theband:

cashman 17-07-2020 10:40

B.J. has said he hopes to get crowds back in October lets hope he is correct.

andyd 17-07-2020 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242073)

We all live in hope they say they are going to run pilot schemes in stadia wether that's football remain,s to be seen in August then everything else depending on how your stadiums match up to Covid guidelines, a step in the right direction wether the season starts in September remains to be seen, I would have thought that will go to a vote now we have some clarity on return of crowds.

cashman 17-07-2020 11:11

personally andy dont think its owt to do with a vote, reckon the government will deem if its safe to do so.?

StanleyJosh 17-07-2020 11:33

lots of outside events / concerts currently happening with great success.
football should be able to follow.

andyd 17-07-2020 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1242077)
lots of outside events / concerts currently happening with great success.
football should be able to follow.

It will if safe in mid October fingers crossed.

andyd 17-07-2020 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242079)
It will if safe in mid October fingers crossed.

And hopefully no restrictions.

AccyMad 17-07-2020 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1242066)
Those players are the backbone of the team, so I totally agree; loyalty and ability rewarded.

Looks like The Wombles v Aston Villa in Le Championnat next season; who’d have foreseen that a few years back?

And AFC Fylde eventually relegated ....... replaced by Kings Lynn

:theband:

Wombles? Think you mean Wycombe? :)

andyd 17-07-2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242074)
We all live in hope they say they are going to run pilot schemes in stadia wether that's football remain,s to be seen in August then everything else depending on how your stadiums match up to Covid guidelines, a step in the right direction wether the season starts in September remains to be seen, I would have thought that will go to a vote now we have some clarity on return of crowds.

One of the pilot schemes is at Goodwood racing meeting in a fortnight's time 25000 capacity will house 5000 so that's a fivth all members so all personal details on record. No public transport to venue allowed must make own way will be interesting to see if any of these will be passed on to football.

monkey hanger 18-07-2020 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242073)

be interesting if they start behind closed doors and also when the season will actually end. cannot see it going on any further than the end of may or clubs wanting to play saturday/tuesday for the majority of a season.

andyd 18-07-2020 08:41

Reading this morning between the lines on the return of crowds it looks like it will follow very strict standards especially at the start, strict policy on entrance and specified seat, customers expected to behave in a safe way, limited spectators certainly season ticket holders at first simply because the club as your details long way from normal but at least a start.

AccyMad 18-07-2020 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242127)
Reading this morning between the lines on the return of crowds it looks like it will follow very strict standards especially at the start, strict policy on entrance and specified seat, customers expected to behave in a safe way, limited spectators certainly season ticket holders at first simply because the club as your details long way from normal but at least a start.

So no cramming into the clubhouse for winners hour then?

Mr T 18-07-2020 17:56

Re Crowd return;

All; you are mentioning the information in the 85 page draft document

It ain't going to be easy and might (not my preference) the suggested use of face masks

1 metre space; at all times from the "walk in" to the "walk out" unless you can prove that your mate is "family" or in your "social bubble of 6"

Same will apply on concourses and Sportsbar.

We're in a reasonable place due to the lack of cover on the "concourses"