Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

DaveinGermany 28-08-2019 18:02

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1230990)
’King Charles and The Bishop’.........
Sounds like a good partnership to me!

That, or a murky underworld pairing! :)

AccyMad 28-08-2019 20:28

At least it's not the Actress & The Bishop . . . . . . . . :thankya: I'll get me coat

yonmon 28-08-2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230995)
At least it's not the Actress & The Bishop . . . . . . . . :thankya: I'll get me coat

" I'll get me coat "... sounds like it will be a rather risque punchline Di !.. don't leave us in suspense !....
:alright::kiss:

monkey hanger 29-08-2019 08:35

is there an archdeacon still around.

Div3North 29-08-2019 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230995)

Fur coat? :alright:

MikeA 30-08-2019 14:04

H v Ipswich on Sky on Sun, 20 Oct, 12:00 ko.
A v Posh now on Wed, 23 Oct.

monkey hanger 31-08-2019 07:51

[QUOTE=MikeA;1231085]H v Ipswich on Sky on Sun, 20 Oct, 12:00 ko.

wonder how many others will miss this one now. was gearing myself us for a bit of lambert abusing but prefer to get 30 quid and a bit of abuse in the bradford sunday league. thanks a bundle sky.

cashman 31-08-2019 16:56

just a thought, will next weeks micky mouse cup game count as number 2 of S.M.s Ban?

DAV007 31-08-2019 17:18

Can’t see Neil Ardley lasting much longer at Notts County; despite the off field issues he is still to impress and fans patience will soon run out.
Nice guy but sometimes it doesn’t work out, some of his signings have been questionable and his tactics again today where baffling.

AccyMad 31-08-2019 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231160)
just a thought, will next weeks micky mouse cup game count as number 2 of S.M.s Ban?

Apparently it doesn't :(

cashman 31-08-2019 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1231173)
Apparently it doesn't :(

ta Di, thats not good.

monkey hanger 01-09-2019 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231174)
ta Di, thats not good.

so can he play. if not they are punishing the player twice as its a first team game. a bit pointless pushing this competition if they do not take it seriously.

MikeA 01-09-2019 09:43

Reading this, it seems that Sean can play:
http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/t...fessional.ashx

But I'm no expert. Maybe Mr T can give a definite answer.

Twenty Eight 01-09-2019 10:01

This became an issue for Max Power at Sunderland I think last season.
Banned for three but became four because of tinpot.
My understanding is the rule has been relaxed.
He can play.

cashman 01-09-2019 12:58

Whats the craic for tuesdays game? is it ticket? also whats the prices? cant find sod all on this new site.

AccyMad 01-09-2019 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231201)
Whats the craic for tuesdays game? is it ticket? also whats the prices? cant find sod all on this new site.

It's a fiver for adults & concessions Cashy, think there's tickets on sale but I imagine you can just rock up on Tuesday night & buy one then - kick off 7.45

cashman 01-09-2019 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1231202)
It's a fiver for adults & concessions Cashy, think there's tickets on sale but I imagine you can just rock up on Tuesday night & buy one then - kick off 7.45

cheers di i will pop up tomoz an get one its easier fer me. i want to see us get us own back on fleetwood.

mab 01-09-2019 21:34

:) Ticket prices for Accrington Stanley's Leasing.com Trophy games with Fleetwood Town and Liverpool Under-21s have been announced.
Stanley's two home games in the competiton will see Fleetwood Town come to the Wham Stadium on Tuesday 3rd September and Liverpool Under-21s will arrive on Tuesday 29th October, both 7.45pm kick-offs.
Ticket prices for both fixtures can be found below, with details on when they will go on sale to be announced early next week.

Adults - £5
Concessions - £5
Under-18s - £2
Under-12s - £1 :)

DAV007 09-09-2019 19:52

Cowleys earning themselves a well deserved job at a bigger club

Interesting no one on here mentioned Coleman was being talked up for the Sheff Wed job last week

Twenty Eight 09-09-2019 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1231638)
Cowleys earning themselves a well deserved job at a bigger club

Interesting no one on here mentioned Coleman was being talked up for the Sheff Wed job last week

Because it was absolute nonsense that’s why.

monkey hanger 10-09-2019 08:09

[QUOTE=DAV007;1231638]Cowleys earning themselves a well deserved job at a bigger club

be interesting to see how it pans out for them at huddersfield. never managed a really struggling club never mind in the championship where they have never managed before. hope they do fine however despite it being huddersfield.

smudgie 16-09-2019 09:45

Lee Molyneux retired this week.

What a player he was, could be in my all time Stanley XI.

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2019 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1231886)
Lee Molyneux retired this week.

What a player he was, could be in my all time Stanley XI.

Talking of which, anyone in the OASSC know when the results of the competition held over the summer (to match Professor Coleman’s all-time best squad) will be released.
Or is the Professor still trying to make his mind up? :rolleyes::)

Lemur 16-09-2019 16:03

in programme on saturday two people with the same line up halved the money

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2019 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1231899)
in programme on saturday two people with the same line up halved the money

Thanks, Lemur, but there’s been nowt on the OASSC website.
I know it was only £3 to enter but the results must have been known for some time if it got printed in a programme.

Lemur 16-09-2019 18:12

Coley and Jim's team was 3 5 2 formation
Chapman,
Edwards, Hughes, Pearson,
Cavanagh, Ryan, Craney, Boc, McConville,
Windass, Mullin.
Subs- Crooks, Roberts, Procter, Clark, Kee.

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2019 20:32

Thanks, Lemur.
Interesting selection, but I only agreed with three of them!

Spartacus2nd 16-09-2019 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1231903)
Thanks, Lemur, but there’s been nowt on the OASSC website.
I know it was only £3 to enter but the results must have been known for some time if it got printed in a programme.

Posted on the website on the 15th september

https://onstanleyon.com/

Exile on Spencer St 17-09-2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1231915)
Posted on the website on the 15th september

https://onstanleyon.com/

Thanks, Spartacus. As a life member I look on the OASSC website regularly but have never been able to find a link to the results of the Best XI competition. Didn’t think to look under ‘Fundraising’! Seek and thou shall find.

MikeA 23-09-2019 13:30

Three of Southport's five goals in the FA Cup on Saturday were headed in direct from Reagan Ogle's throw-ins, the second of them by Zehn Mohammed:
https://southportfc.net/goal-action-...v-scarborough/

Spartacus2nd 23-09-2019 14:42

If Maguire or Angol arent going to be our left back answer id bring Reagan back asap. Put him straight in and put Opokopo at centre back. Defence sorted. Ish.

Exile on Spencer St 23-09-2019 15:37

What little i’ve seen of Mr. Ogle it was evident he could tale a tremendous throw-in (usually one of Stanley’s least effective set plays) and looked a good prospect.

andyd 23-09-2019 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1232134)
If Maguire or Angol arent going to be our left back answer id bring Reagan back asap. Put him straight in and put Opokopo at centre back. Defence sorted. Ish.

We also have the lad from West Ham sat on the bench looked very composed when he came on in the previous home game.

MikeA 02-10-2019 11:30

Jordan on his teammates:
https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featu...ngton-stanley/

MikeA 29-10-2019 21:52

Dirty? Stanley? And would you believe anything from a Leeds United site:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...-past-17166953

Exile on Spencer St 30-10-2019 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1233194)
Dirty? Stanley? And would you believe anything from a Leeds United site:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...-past-17166953

What a load of cobblers. More about ‘rubbish refs’ than anything.
This nonsense, and the Posh and Gills games, has prompted me to pose a question that’s been rattling around my grey matter for a while.
Can anyone suggest a Stanley player, since rejoining the league, who could be described as a thug?
Matty Pearson was a hard nut, but not dirty. Hessey and Aldred similarly.
I can’t think of one.

AccyMad 30-10-2019 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233199)
What a load of cobblers. More about ‘rubbish refs’ than anything.
This nonsense, and the Posh and Gills games, has prompted me to pose a question that’s been rattling around my grey matter for a while.
Can anyone suggest a Stanley player, since rejoining the league, who could be described as a thug?
Matty Pearson was a hard nut, but not dirty. Hessey and Aldred similarly.
I can’t think of one.

The only one who springs to mind is Lee McEvilly & even he wasn't that bad - clumsy in tackles maybe but not exactly a thug

Whalley Red 30-10-2019 14:31

Not since joining the League.

In the non-league days, we had the legendary Steve 'Hacker' Halford :)

Spartacus2nd 31-10-2019 15:52

Jay Harris

Alan Rogers

Exile on Spencer St 31-10-2019 17:12

Jay Harris?! :rolleyes:
But then I guess he could bite other player’s shins without bending down.

choirboy 31-10-2019 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1233207)
Not since joining the League.

In the non-league days, we had the legendary Steve 'Hacker' Halford :)

..........Lee Rogerson!:s_evil:

nige b 01-11-2019 18:38

Roger's challenge against I think Notts County was one of the worst I have ever seen straight to the dressing room and straight out of the club never thankfully to be seen again

DAV007 02-11-2019 16:09

Well don't Bolton on there first win of the season

DAV007 02-11-2019 16:10

Well done Bolton on there 1st league win of the season, just 2 more points to get to zero.

Exile on Spencer St 02-11-2019 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1233302)
Well done Bolton on there 1st league win of the season, just 2 more points to get to zero.

And will it be ‘well done’ when, as I think will happen, they catch up and threaten other teams down near the bottom of the table?

DAV007 03-11-2019 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233309)
And will it be ‘well done’ when, as I think will happen, they catch up and threaten other teams down near the bottom of the table?

Yes it will if they catch up on merit.

Please show love not hate , the worst teams get relegated, the best go up

If Stanley go down its our own fault, especially with only 3 relegation places

Get behind the club

Exile on Spencer St 03-11-2019 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1233326)
Yes it will if they catch up on merit.
Please show love not hate , the worst teams get relegated, the best go up
If Stanley go down its our own fault, especially with only 3 relegation places
Get behind the club

Don’t post your sanctimonious woke cliches at me.
As far as I know YOU are the only person on here who interprets any comment not agreeing with you as HATE. Grow up.
And don’t presume (a) that I think Bolton will not deserve to survive on their merits and (b) you are the only person who’s behind the club.

DAV007 03-11-2019 17:20

Hi Exile,
I don't want to fall out with you, let's keep it civil.

Bolton deserve credit where it's due

Wynonie Harris 05-11-2019 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1233338)
Bolton deserve credit where it's due

Bolton will be getting another points deduction the way things are going. Firstly, they didn't fulfill their fixture against Brentford at the end of last season due to their players strike. Secondly, they started this season with a weakened team, giving their early opponents an unfair advantage. Thirdly, they cancelled their fixture against Doncaster with 36 hours notice. If they didn't have a proper, full-strength team, they should never have been allowed to start.

cashman 05-11-2019 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1233363)
Bolton will be getting another points deduction the way things are going. Firstly, they didn't fulfill their fixture against Brentford at the end of last season due to their players strike. Secondly, they started this season with a weakened team, giving their early opponents an unfair advantage. Thirdly, they cancelled their fixture against Doncaster with 36 hours notice. If they didn't have a proper, full-strength team, they should never have been allowed to start.

agree 100%.

mab 05-11-2019 23:36

BOLTON WONDERERS TICKET ALLOCATION SOLD OUT :) Hundreds of Wanderers fans who were hoping to see Bolton’s first-ever match with the current iteration of Accrington Stanley will be disappointed to learn that all of the club’s 2,500 ticket allocation for Bolton’s trip to Accrington on November 23 has been sold out.
Despite the sizable allocation, it took just 28 hours for all the tickets to sell out and it means that Bolton fans will take up just under half of the Crown Ground, or Wham Stadium, when the two clubs meet later this month.

However, a huge number of supporters have been left disappointed and asking whether or not a larger allocation will be given to Wanderers supporters.
Bolton have faced Accrington Stanley just once in the club’s history, an FA Cup meeting in 1926’s third round as the Trotters went onto win the tournament that year.
However, the Accrington Stanley that Wanderers will face in several weeks time are technically a new club, one that was formed in 1968, two years after the original Stanley had collapsed due to financial woes.

Accrington Stanley’s Crowd Ground holds a capacity of just 5,500 supporters and as Bolton have been given just shy of 2,500 tickets, Accrington fans will only just outnumber Wanderers supporters if the home side bring in a good crowd.
For fans asking whether there will be an increased allocation, don’t hold your breath.
Bolton have been given just over 45% of the tickets for the match and any more would turn effectively the Accrington match into a pseudo home fixture.

It’s obviously a huge shame that fans have missed out as the local derby has clearly drawn a lot of interest but thankfully, there should be ample room for supporters when Accrington come to Bolton in February for the reverse fixture.:)

monkey hanger 06-11-2019 09:31

[QUOTE=mab;1233369]BOLTON WONDERERS TICKET ALLOCATION SOLD OUT :)

hope something is done to stop em turning up on the day to buy stanley area tickets as a neutral. think a no ticket on the day sales policy should apply even if it will be an inconveniance for many including me.

monkey hanger 06-11-2019 09:36

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1233363]. Thirdly, they cancelled their fixture against Doncaster with 36 hours notice.

if they get away with that one then its about time to give up the game. anyone can try it then with even an injury crisis of a couple players out and mystery illness for a few others. at least rovers should get the points as a minimum league sanction.

andyd 07-11-2019 08:56

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1233377]
Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1233369)
BOLTON WONDERERS TICKET ALLOCATION SOLD OUT :)

hope something is done to stop em turning up on the day to buy stanley area tickets as a neutral. think a no ticket on the day sales policy should apply even if it will be an inconveniance for many including me.

I said that about the Blackpool game the club in thier wisdom decided to sell on the day idiots if they decide to come get tanked up on the day and turn up ticket or no ticket high profile games for such as Bolton should IMHO be no pay on the day saves money on increased police Bill's hopefully we will sell out before the Saturday.

AccyMad 07-11-2019 09:47

Bolton were given an extra 245 seated tickets yesterday according to their website - they've probably sold all those too

Exile on Spencer St 07-11-2019 09:51

No problem. Stanley play better at ‘away’ matches! :rolleyes:

DAV007 07-11-2019 18:40

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1233377]
Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1233369)
BOLTON WONDERERS TICKET ALLOCATION SOLD OUT :)

Bolton fans are part of the football family and as such should have full access into the Stanley end provided there are seats available
No fan should miss out because some home 'fans' are easily intimidated, we are the football family, let's unite

AccyMad 08-11-2019 06:00

[QUOTE=DAV007;1233401]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1233377)

Bolton fans are part of the football family and as such should have full access into the Stanley end provided there are seats available
No fan should miss out because some home 'fans' are easily intimidated, we are the football family, let's unite

It's a good job everyone knows you're a wind up merchant or some might think that you're actually serious :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 08-11-2019 08:06

he,s inline for the nobel piece prize for work related to peace and harmony on the terraces.

AccyMad 09-11-2019 12:33

Where's our friend Somerset? Just been announced on sky sports news that their first round tie v Hartlepool has been postponed - I thought I it's an absolute disgrace!!
Feel for the Pools fans who have travelled all that way for nowt!!

Exile on Spencer St 09-11-2019 13:15

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1233430)
Where's our friend Somerset? Just been announced on sky sports news that their first round tie v Hartlepool has been postponed - I thought I it's an absolute disgrace!!
Feel for the Pools fans who have travelled all that way for nowt!!

You’re right, AccyMad, it’s disgusting.
However, if the photo is to believed it doesn’t look that waterlogged. Maybe the ref didn’t want to get his boots dirty?

Exile on Spencer St 14-11-2019 08:31

Even after four years, for those of us who were there at Yeovil (and some who couldn’t make it that night), Crooks failure to convert what appeared at the time to be a certain goal in the FA Cup replay remains a painful memory.

So I hope, like me, you find some solace in this little incident that occurred this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50399568

Btw, notice the state of that Yeovil pitch? A disgrace, or what?

VALAIRIAN 14-11-2019 08:44

Unbelievable!!!!

:) :) :)

Inspector Morse 14-11-2019 09:27

Speaking of Crooksy he seems to be in the goals for Rotherham at the minute.

AccyMad 14-11-2019 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233687)
Even after four years, for those of us who were there at Yeovil (and some who couldn’t make it that night), Crooks failure to convert what appeared at the time to be a certain goal in the FA Cup replay remains a painful memory.

So I hope, like me, you find some solace in this little incident that occurred this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50399568

Btw, notice the state of that Yeovil pitch? A disgrace, or what?

It certainly was a painful night in Somerset but wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Just hope Crooksy is in the same form he was that night when we play Rotherham on Saturday, doubt it though - he seems to be scoring for fun at the moment

ferret man 14-11-2019 20:33

Hope he is in one of his play when I feel like it moods

monkey hanger 15-11-2019 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1233701)
Hope he is in one of his play when I feel like it moods

never thought of him as a player like that. no one plays well every game but i never thought he had an attitude problem.

VALAIRIAN 15-11-2019 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1233709)
never thought of him as a player like that. no one plays well every game but i never thought he had an attitude problem.

Me neither :)

cashman 15-11-2019 14:55

for my money crooks was one of the best attacking midfielders we have had.end of the day he was learning the job also when we had him.

VALAIRIAN 15-11-2019 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233718)
for my money crooks was one of the best attacking midfielders we have had.end of the day he was learning the job also when we had him.

Agreed Cashy, one of the best we have had for a while :)

choirboy 15-11-2019 22:11

I felt that Crooks was Stanley’s version of Yaya Toure! Cool, strong in possession and always capable of scoring a spectacular goal. When he first came as a centre forward he was rubbish but Coley and Jimmy converted him into an excellent goal scoring midfield player.

AccyMad 16-11-2019 22:40

Just listened to Zanzala's interview from Sky Sports news, bless him
www.skysports.com/news/offrandezanzala.co.uk

NORTHERNSOUL 18-11-2019 19:06

Anybody know whats happened to Andy Holt ?

Has he been kidnapped ? Not seen on Twitter for nearly 2 weeks

Totally not known since he became involved at the club.

Gagged by the EFL ? I cant see it to be honest.

Exile on Spencer St 18-11-2019 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1233819)
Has he been kidnapped ? Not seen on Twitter for nearly 2 weeks .

Hopefully he’s having a much needed holiday in the sun.

cashman 18-11-2019 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233820)
Hopefully he’s having a much needed holiday in the sun.

i hope so also, but he usually pops on when away?
:confused:or perhaps hes not on any more? just searched twitter and nothing comes up.

DAV007 19-11-2019 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1233819)

Has he been kidnapped ? Not seen on Twitter for nearly 2 weeks

Totally not known since he became involved at the club.

Gagged by the EFL ? I cant see it to be honest.

Raging after the FA cup result?

mab 20-11-2019 22:12

Good lad our Will!! :) https://worldfootballindex.com/2019/...eds-interview/

monkey hanger 21-11-2019 08:31

yes, we have had worse.

monkey hanger 21-11-2019 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1233867)
Raging after the FA cup result?

funny i was thinking the same. hope its not a situation where that straw has broke andy holts back. he will deal with idiots in his business and maybe he might be getting sick of dealing with complete idiots in his role at stanley. hope i,m not making something out of something that does not exist but that fa cup game would send a t totaler into an alcoholic.

Tin Monkey 21-11-2019 13:24

Andy seems to be back and in full flow on Twitter. Good to read his latest ideas

AccyMad 21-11-2019 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1233363)

Bolton have been handed a 5 point deduction for calling off the Brentford & Doncaster games but it is suspended for 18 months for some reason, they have also been fined & they will have to rearrange the Doncaster game - seems to me they've got off lightly

Lost in Cornwall 22-11-2019 08:28

EFL apparently deciding whether to appeal. Think they're in a difficult position caught between not wanting to be seen to kick Bolton after what happened to Bury but with the majority of clubs feeling that Bolton have got off very lightly indeed.

monkey hanger 22-11-2019 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1233913)
Bolton have been handed a 5 point deduction for calling off the Brentford & Doncaster games but it is suspended for 18 months for some reason, they have also been fined & they will have to rearrange the Doncaster game - seems to me they've got off lightly

yhat is the biggest understatement you,ll ever come out with. might have well just let em off in the first place. if it was stanley or morecambe i wonder what the outcome would be. hope stanley hammer em on saturday , helping our cause and making their trot off to divisin 2 closer. if they do go down they might appeal against that and get away with it.

cashman 22-11-2019 09:08

So who is this Panel? thats made this ridiculous decision, are they on Boltons new owners board or what?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2019 09:19

Some at Bolton Wanderers clearly think they are above such things and ‘deserve’ to be treated lightly...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50511195

AccyMad 22-11-2019 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233921)
Some at Bolton Wanderers clearly think they are above such things and ‘deserve’ to be treated lightly...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50511195

Would love to wipe that smug smirk off his face tomorrow!

AccyMad 22-11-2019 13:20

Hold the front page on the Bolton outcome, the EFL have announced they are appealing against the decision of the independent panel - for once I agree with the EFL although I do wonder who appointed the panel, who they were & what was the point if the decision can be appealed against by the EFL??? Confused dot com!

Mr T 22-11-2019 16:26

Di and all;

The quickest and cheapest way to solve a football "issue" is via an Independent Regulatory Commission ( IRC)

A panel is appointed of 3 people, 1 with a legal background and 2 from a football background; they look at the facts and make a decision.

ASFC have been before an IRC re lack of an ITC for JD; not deemed to be a major issue and the lack of coaching qualifications for James B.

Both ended up as suspended fans, without any footballing sanctions.

The big question is who were on the IRC and what was their reasoning ??

And yes either side can appeal IF they don't like the 1st decision; but it then gets very expensive!!

cashman 22-11-2019 17:57

But who decides on an independant panel? surely not the E.F.L.?

Chimer 22-11-2019 22:17

I'm now trying to get my head round the vision of James Beattie as a suspended fan :thankya: - waving a scarf round his head maybe?

Mr T 23-11-2019 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233927)
But who decides on an independant panel? surely not the E.F.L.?

Cashy great question;

Definately not the EFL.

Every year we get a list of those good people who sit on IRC's. If you have an issue that gets referred to an IRC you do get to know who the 3 people are plus their backgrounds. You can ask for an IRC member to be swopped if you have good reason's why they shouldn't be on the IRC

cashman 23-11-2019 08:28

So basically no-one knows who selects them?

monkey hanger 23-11-2019 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233945)
So basically no-one knows who selects them?

might be the sweet FA. seems like putting the cart before the horse to me. you would think the football league would make the decision first and an independant body would discuss an appeal if there was one.

AccyMad 23-11-2019 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1233946)
might be the sweet FA. seems like putting the cart before the horse to me. you would think the football league would make the decision first and an independant body would discuss an appeal if there was one.

That would make way too much sense

DaveinGermany 23-11-2019 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1233922)

And with a wave of the wand & a sprinkling of sparkly fairy dust .... your wish has been granted! :s_aim1:

yonmon 23-11-2019 18:15

Quote:

Well your wish came true Di !.. BBC site describes him as bemused tonight !

And it's all your fault !... :rolleyes::D

MikeA 23-11-2019 20:15

Quote:

"I'm very disappointed. I didn't see it coming and I don't understand it," said Hill.

AccyMad 23-11-2019 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1233992)
And with a wave of the wand & a sprinkling of sparkly fairy dust .... your wish has been granted! :s_aim1:

Indeed it has :)

MikeA 28-11-2019 14:20

Top midfielders!
Accrington midfielder leading the way according to one important stat ? D3D4

AccyMad 30-11-2019 16:15

Anybody remember David Martin, young goalkeeper we had on loan from Liverpool way back in 2007?
He's been around a bit since then but finally made his Premier League debut today at the age of 33 for West Ham & was in tears after they beat Chelsea with his Dad watching who himself played for the Hammers - very touching moment