Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

cashman 20-07-2018 14:54

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1214966)
do not do twitter or anything like it but i have heard andy holt has had a spat with gary neville over the fact that AH thinks salford are buying their way into the football league. can anyone who uses twitter confirm this or not.

yep i seen it .

monkey hanger 20-07-2018 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1214967)
yep i seen it .

any idea whats been said. no matter whats been said i know whose side i,m on.

cashman 20-07-2018 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1214969)

Sorry was a few comments from both an me memorys crap.:eek: bet were on the same side.;)

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2018 18:45

I stay away from Twitter but, given that it seems to generate infantile controversies, the rest of the media seem to live by it today.
According to the BBC Andy Holt suggested Salford FC were buying their way into the League by luring the Aberdeen striker on several thousands/week wages.
Gary Neville responded, no doubt knowing his mates at the BBC would make a story from it, with predictable ripostes. Somehow, GN seemed to think AH was seeking 'franchise' football, which seemed a mystifying accusation.

IMHO, I think AH was silly to get drawn into such a pointless argument. Money has always ruled the game and what Neville and his millionaire mates are doing at Salford is nothing new. At least they have picked on a team at a lower level and are bringing it through the pyramid, rather than buying an existing league club and moving it to Milton Keynes.

Haggis316 20-07-2018 20:51

"

Accrington striker in demand

Accrington Stanley have turned down bids from Rotherham and Peterborough for striker Kayden Jackson, according to reports.

HITC Sport claim that the duo are heavily interested in Stanley's 15-goal striker, while Preston and Ipswich have also made enquiries."

mab 20-07-2018 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1214969)

Gary Neville forced to defend Salford's transfer business | Daily Mail Online

Twenty Eight 20-07-2018 21:00

There are several players in demand and to be fair to the club thus far they are digging their heels in. I'm more worried about the lack of activity in.
Rotherham Preston Ipswich Peterborough Burton all in the queue for Kayden.
The Ipswich one is a concern due to the Hurst connection.

DAV007 20-07-2018 21:02

Talk sport show starting now at 10pm have stated they are trying to get Andy Holt on the air to give his side of the story

Good publicity for the club!

Twenty Eight 20-07-2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1214972)
I stay away from Twitter but, given that it seems to generate infantile controversies, the rest of the media seem to live by it today.
According to the BBC Andy Holt suggested Salford FC were buying their way into the League by luring the Aberdeen striker on several thousands/week wages.
Gary Neville responded, no doubt knowing his mates at the BBC would make a story from it, with predictable ripostes. Somehow, GN seemed to think AH was seeking 'franchise' football, which seemed a mystifying accusation.

IMHO, I think AH was silly to get drawn into such a pointless argument. Money has always ruled the game and what Neville and his millionaire mates are doing at Salford is nothing new. At least they have picked on a team at a lower level and are bringing it through the pyramid, rather than buying an existing league club and moving it to Milton Keynes.

Agreed Exile.
I made the point before about Andy's often over exposure and candour on social media and got shot down in flames.
Salford's wealth has nothing to do with us.
If Andy had £50 mill spare would he refuse to sign better players because it wouldn't have been fair on other clubs ? ..............
A franchise is EXACTLY what he's suggesting.
Hand over mouth shout full up.

mab 20-07-2018 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1214976)
There are several players in demand and to be fair to the club thus far they are digging their heels in. I'm more worried about the lack of activity in.
Rotherham Preston Ipswich Peterborough Burton all in the queue for Kayden.
The Ipswich one is a concern due to the Hurst connection.

Rotherham's Bid rejected Rotherham United boss Warne happy to play waiting game after Jackson bid rejected

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...9262781…

Chimer 21-07-2018 06:38

Here's the Neville story from the Beeb …

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44894821

monkey hanger 21-07-2018 08:16

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1214978]
I made the point before about Andy's often over exposure and candour on social media and got shot down in flames.

prefer a chairman and anyone else in football to be candid and not say what people just want to hear them say. i,d rather be shot down in flames myself than just follow what the majority think if i think they are wrong.

Chewbacca 21-07-2018 10:07

It is a shame Holt isn't a Stanley fan or else he would remember Stanley being bank rolled into the league.

AccyMad 21-07-2018 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1214992)
It is a shame Holt isn't a Stanley fan or else he would remember Stanley being bank rolled into the league.

Bank rolled in?? More like getting there on a wing & a prayer :rolleyes:

Inspector Morse 21-07-2018 10:26

Lucky no one in the national media picked up on this yet.