Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

andyd 31-07-2020 08:53

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242587)
Well people need to make their mind up.
Demands for scrupulous fit and proper persons tests demanded and that's what's done for this deal.
How can you have a club owner involved in the illegal streaming of football across the globe ?

Not how I read between the lines the Saudis were fed up of the delay and the Covid scenario changed their mind they pulled out no one knows whether they would have passed the EFL test as they hadn't reached a decision.

cashman 31-07-2020 08:59

i certanly would not trust the Saudis full stop, nor would most who aint making money out of em. imho.

Exile on Spencer St 31-07-2020 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242592)
Not how I read between the lines the Saudis were fed up of the delay and the Covid scenario changed their mind they pulled out no one knows whether they would have passed the EFL test as they hadn't reached a decision.

Having lived there, the concept of a Saudi being fed up of a delay is the best joke I’ve read today.:rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 31-07-2020 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242592)

Come on Andy !
It's in the public domain that they were streaming illegally.
Delays caused by their unscrupulous tv antics - directly removing revenue from the sponsors of football in the UK !
I'm sure Sky and BT would have been delighted to have them on board.

Twenty Eight 31-07-2020 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1242606)
Having lived there, the concept of a Saudi being fed up of a delay is the best joke I’ve read today.:rolleyes:

Hallelujah brother.

Exile on Spencer St 31-07-2020 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242616)
Hallelujah brother.

Bukra, sadiq, bukra. :rolleyes:

andyd 31-07-2020 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242615)
Come on Andy !
It's in the public domain that they were streaming illegally.
Delays caused by their unscrupulous tv antics - directly removing revenue from the sponsors of football in the UK !
I'm sure Sky and BT would have been delighted to have them on board.

Well if it's that obvious which it was from day one my point again is why hasn't the EFL reacted straight away and blocked them then waste of space that's why.

pifco 31-07-2020 15:13

Agree with you andyd but the EFL must make money out of all the talks and meetings, when you look back at the Bury fiasco it was obvious from the start that they weren't going to be allowed to carry on, but there had to be exploratory talks, consultations with people who had to fill out forms and produce evidence of funds etc, etc, etc. which even if they were obvious non runners the forms were handed over the the legal department and at the end of the day a press conference is held to say that it isn't going to happen.

andyd 31-07-2020 15:38

Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.

cashman 31-07-2020 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242626)
Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.

thats not a shock hes a right cheating sod.

andyd 31-07-2020 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242627)
thats not a shock hes a right cheating sod.

Don't disagree susposidly awful to work for but passed the fit and proper test.

Exile on Spencer St 31-07-2020 17:30

Quote:

Maybe the Saudis realised that, like a shopper in Sports Direct, if what you buy from him isn’t up to scratch you don’t get your money back, just a voucher for more rubbish.

Twenty Eight 31-07-2020 17:56

Quote:

Extra extra read all about it Premier club owner wants deal resurrecting because its 50 mill more than anyone else will pay ..........
Im shocked !

cashman 31-07-2020 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242628)
Don't disagree susposidly awful to work for but passed the fit and proper test.

aye i dont think the organization that tested him are fit and proper, does anyone?

andyd 31-07-2020 18:24

Sheffield Wednesday handed 12 points deduction for next season escaped a further 21 points after being found not guilty of some breach of rule took ages for this court series of lawyers and the like to come to another inconsistent punishment, Derby meanwhile may have to wait for eternity for their decision what a farce football has become.

Chewbacca 31-07-2020 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242620)
Well if it's that obvious which it was from day one my point again is why hasn't the EFL reacted straight away and blocked them then waste of space that's why.

As there was a break away from the EFL in 1992 and they have no powers in this matter.

The WTO objected and the PL can't make a decision without a proper investigation.

monkey hanger 01-08-2020 07:08

[QUOTE=andyd;1242636 what a farce football has become.[/QUOTE]

thats what you get when the game stopped being a sport and became a big multy million pound business. has the game itself for spectators inproved over the years due to this. might have better grounds to watch games on but thats the end of it. stanley are definately one of the odd men out in the modern game. having an owner, MD and players who are approachable is light years away from the game at the top.

MikeA 01-08-2020 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1242630)
Maybe the Saudis realised that, like a shopper in Sports Direct, if what you buy from him isn’t up to scratch you don’t get your money back, just a voucher for more rubbish.

From 'Have I Got News for You': https://www.facebook.com/HaveIGotNew...type=3&theater

Twenty Eight 01-08-2020 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242620)

Nothing to do with EFL !

andyd 01-08-2020 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242654)
Nothing to do with EFL !

Quite right mistake on my part but they all pee in the same pot the EFL bow to the premiership anyhow all the same game or it used to be.

andyd 01-08-2020 10:43

Just been reading some tweets from Oldham fans regarding the latest sacking of their manager yesterday and the news that Kewell is the favourite to take over, seven manager,s in 2 years since being taken over by another rouge owner who slipped through the EFL net not one tweet speaks good of their own club one posted shut us down put us out of our misery.

Twenty Eight 01-08-2020 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242636)
Sheffield Wednesday handed 12 points deduction for next season escaped a further 21 points after being found not guilty of some breach of rule took ages for this court series of lawyers and the like to come to another inconsistent punishment, Derby meanwhile may have to wait for eternity for their decision what a farce football has become.

It's inconsistent in the punishment Andy not the process.

The funds for the purchase were put in the accounts for 2017/2018 to avoid a FFP penalty but the deal didn't go through until the following season.

Fiddled the books. Breach of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability rules.

Also it wasn't a Court matter ...... that might follow if SWFC Appeal.
Papers with their Lawyers as we speak. I expect them to do so. This was a decision handed down by the Independent Tribunal.

The intriguing thing for me is that Aston Villa and Reading did the identical thing ............ but never had points deducted.

Twenty Eight 01-08-2020 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242636)

Also Andy it wasn't potentially another 21 points - the maximum sanction is 21 points, so another 9.

andyd 01-08-2020 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242668)
It's inconsistent in the punishment Andy not the process.

The funds for the purchase were put in the accounts for 2017/2018 to avoid a FFP penalty but the deal didn't go through until the following season.

Fiddled the books. Breach of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability rules.

Also it wasn't a Court matter ...... that might follow if SWFC Appeal.
Papers with their Lawyers as we speak. I expect them to do so. This was a decision handed down by the Independent Tribunal.

The intriguing thing for me is that Aston Villa and Reading did the identical thing ............ but never had points deducted.

Exactly my point so inconsistent it's as if one rule for one and one for another Man City springs to mind, as in all walks off life it seems the more money you have some people will do anything for it.

Chewbacca 01-08-2020 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242670)
Exactly my point so inconsistent it's as if one rule for one and one for another Man City springs to mind, as in all walks off life it seems the more money you have some people will do anything for it.

Didn't Man City get hit with a 2 year ban and then it was found their was no evidence of charge of disguising equity investment as sponsorship but still get fined £9m for not cooperating with the investigation. Seems a bit harsh, and is clear protectionism policy by the clubs that control uefa.

You can't punish clubs if there is little or no evidence, just because their rivals want them punished as Uefa found out.

AccyMad 01-08-2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242533)
Any transfer rumours ..?
Heard a whisper that we my fancy the Keeper Adam Federici.

He's gone home to Australia & signed for a team there

andyd 01-08-2020 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242676)

No surprises there

Mr T 01-08-2020 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242676)

Correct Di;

Stoke Re-registered Joe Bursik

As Well as this Jack Butland was injured.

Joe would come back tomorrow, but not on my " to do list " :)

StanleyJosh 02-08-2020 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1242689)
Correct Di;

Stoke Re-registered Joe Bursik

As Well as this Jack Butland was injured.

Joe would come back tomorrow, but not on my " to do list " :)

Can imagine that’s rather a long ‘to do’ list mate ;)

monkey hanger 02-08-2020 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242664)
Just been reading some tweets from Oldham fans regarding the latest sacking of their manager yesterday and the news that Kewell is the favourite to take over, seven manager,s in 2 years since being taken over by another rouge owner who slipped through the EFL net not one tweet speaks good of their own club one posted shut us down put us out of our misery.

kewell got the job at oldham in the end. should keep another failed manager off the dole for a few weeks. if he,s the best thing latics can do i,d hate to see who the other applicants where. if they do not do a bury i can see them in a season long battle with macclesfield to prop up the division next season.

AccyMad 02-08-2020 09:20

I see Eddie Howe has parted company with Bournemouth 'by mutual consent' - would have thought he had a job for life there

VALAIRIAN 02-08-2020 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242700)
I see Eddie Howe has parted company with Bournemouth 'by mutual consent' - would have thought he had a job for life there

I think he has, but it has gotten on top of him I would suspect???

:) :) :)

andyd 02-08-2020 12:39

Harry Kewell not hanging about signed 2 already mind you he might not have long judging on the time you get there.

Chewbacca 02-08-2020 15:28

Harrogate Town looking at promotion to the EFL, plenty of time to hold on yet, but would be a good trip. The Locomotives were the better club in my era.

Exile on Spencer St 02-08-2020 15:58

Well done to Harrogate.

AccyMad 02-08-2020 16:24

Congratulations to Harrogate, bet Notts County aren't to chuffed though - well done also to Altrincham who were promoted to the Conference proper yesterday after beating Boston

Chuffed to bits for Scotty Brown too, another medal under his belt

Twenty Eight 02-08-2020 17:08

Didn’t think he’d got enough appearances in.
Nuce one Scotty.

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-08-2020 17:42

Well done Harrogate Town. Good to see a fresh face in the EFL.
Is Scotty Brown still there?????
Checked their team out a few months back & he wasn't mentioned.
Didn't make the team or the subs bench for today's final :confused:

andyd 02-08-2020 18:17

Last I heard he had been on loan at Warrington Town.

monkey hanger 03-08-2020 08:07

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1242732]Well done Harrogate Town. Good to see a fresh face in the EFL.

complete opposite for me. its been a bad few weeks for me. leeds getting promotion and now harrogate getting on the league fixture list. really wanted county to get back up. for me the sight of forest green, salford, crawley and now harrogate being league clubs show one thing, if you have the money you can get success. bet some of the wetherby road area residents will be having nightmares now. hope they get hull city in the league cup at home with a tiger fans welcome to the league.

andyd 03-08-2020 08:23

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242754]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1242732)

complete opposite for me. its been a bad few weeks for me. leeds getting promotion and now harrogate getting on the league fixture list. really wanted county to get back up. for me the sight of forest green, salford, crawley and now harrogate being league clubs show one thing, if you have the money you can get success. bet some of the wetherby road area residents will be having nightmares now. hope they get hull city in the league cup at home with a tiger fans welcome to the league.

Well Fleetwood seem to be spending a bit presumably on wages latest rumour after James Norwood from Ipswich, if they get him they will have 3 very good strikers at this level, and the signing of Camps from Rochdale shrewd move excellent in midfield, not a Barton lover but he can see a player and he wasn't bad himself.

Twenty Eight 03-08-2020 08:59

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242754]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1242732)

On what basis do you think Harrogate have a few bob ? Smallest squad in the league, only went full time in 2017 and the owner Mr Weaver isnt a Lord Rothchild.

They've got by on 3G income with the pitch used 40 hours a week.

It gets dug up tomorrow ...............

Good luck to them.

Suggest you look at Notts County's squad and the wages they're paying. Bigger budget than Stanley.

andyd 03-08-2020 09:41

In the case of Wigan how does the EFL help any club or administrator when it imposes a deduction of points that relegated them pending an appeal if won would reinstate them in the championship, players being sold to try and reduce the £19 million plus wage bill down to £12 million or £6 million depending what league they could be in, no wonder buyers are put off I thought the EFL was a organisation to help clubs seems the opposite to me.

andyd 03-08-2020 17:20

Dover Athletic have just announced that all their players have been put on transfer list for free as they wouldn't accept a 20% paycut, chairman also says that if the situation regarding future income isn't clear by the end of August the club will be put into insolvency sad but it's going to be the case for some clubs.

andyd 03-08-2020 18:06

The FA have halved the prize money in most rounds off the FA cup this season blaming the effects from Covid just when clubs could do with a bit of income assistance.

Mr T 03-08-2020 18:40

Some good stuff on this; but needs some extra info

FA Cup prize money has been reduced at later stages so more money to Non League clubs; including payments for losers; not a lot but better than nowt.

From R1 prize money is a bit higher than it was 3 years ago, but not "top dollar" as it has been; expecting a drop in all areas.

No idea about Harrogate, but they need a grass pitch by September; can't see Coley being happy to have to play them in the Carabo on 4G

Notts budget is horrendous; worried that if they were promoted it (budget) wouldn't pass the proposed salary cap rules

Owt else ?

monkey hanger 04-08-2020 07:41

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1242761]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242754)

Suggest you look at Notts County's squad and the wages they're paying. Bigger budget than Stanley.

look at the gates notts county get. could not fit em in at the wham some weeks. do not mind clubs having a top player budget if it reflects the number of fans they get. its teams that get far less fans than stanley who have a higher budget that bothers me. boreham wood will be the next with under 1000 attendance happens quite often.

monkey hanger 04-08-2020 07:45

[QUOTE=Mr T;1242796]

No idea about Harrogate, but they need a grass pitch by September; can't see Coley being happy to have to play them in the Carabo on 4G

they have asked if their games could be played at some neutral venues if their grass pitch is not ready for the seasons start.

andyd 04-08-2020 16:16

Wigan stay relegated lost their appeal just hope they get saved from oblivion now.

andyd 04-08-2020 16:50

Cost Wigan £480,000 to lose that appeal where does all this money generated by TV in the main end up, now can't afford this month's salary,s by all accounts if they fail to pay players can walk, they are having a fire sale anyway to raise money all this because a foreign owner choose to walk away serious red flags there to surely act upon before this is allowed to happen again.

Outback Ozzy 04-08-2020 21:23

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242812]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1242796)

they have asked if their games could be played at some neutral venues if their grass pitch is not ready for the seasons start.

Harrogate Town will play the first few games at 'Home' in the EFL at the Keepmoat

monkey hanger 05-08-2020 07:20

[QUOTE=andyd;1242863]Cost Wigan £480,000 to lose that appeal where does all this money generated by TV in the main end up, now can't afford this month's salary,s by all accounts if they fail to pay players can walk,

in the financial state wigan are in for me they should have just accepted the relegation and saved themselves nearly half a million quid they have not really got. they need a good local owner to take on the club to stabalize the club in division 1.

andyd 07-08-2020 07:03

Not Accrington Stanley related but just heard ex Blackburn midfielder Stuart Metcalf has passed away I knew Stuart personally and sadly was suffering with dementia marvelous player RIP Stuart.

cashman 07-08-2020 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242960)
Not Accrington Stanley related but just heard ex Blackburn midfielder Stuart Metcalf has passed away I knew Stuart personally and sadly was suffering with dementia marvelous player RIP Stuart.

he wasnt that old was a damn good un also.R.I.P.think was couple years younger than me,

andyd 07-08-2020 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242963)
he wasnt that old was a damn good un also.R.I.P.think was couple years younger than me,

69 Cashy no age at all.

andyd 07-08-2020 17:43

Latest developments at Charlton EFL reject takeover by the latest bidders leaving Charlton in a precarious position before the start of the season is league 1 again not going to have 24 clubs with both Wigan and Charlton without owners.

monkey hanger 08-08-2020 06:45

[QUOTE=andyd;1242996]Latest developments at Charlton EFL reject takeover by the latest bidders leaving Charlton in a precarious position before the start of the season

at least the EFL have rejected somebody for a change. think having no owner at the moment is better than being owned by some shark or crook with the same thing happening to them again a few months down the line.

andyd 11-08-2020 18:27

Macclesfield relegated after EFL,s appeal upheld but yet again the EFL shows how inept it is enforcing Macclesfield,s deduction of points this season and letting Sheffield Wednesday,s carry over to next season what inconsistencies and we wait for guidelines on the current rules for next season from this good for nothing organisation not fit for purpose.

MikeA 11-08-2020 18:34

Poor Mac: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53744939

cashman 11-08-2020 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1243159)

shame Satanage have come out ok.

AccyMad 11-08-2020 19:31

Feel sorry for Macclesfield - & yet again Stevenage come up smelling of roses, ah well at least we won't be playing 'em

Twenty Eight 11-08-2020 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243158)
Macclesfield relegated after EFL,s appeal upheld but yet again the EFL shows how inept it is enforcing Macclesfield,s deduction of points this season and letting Sheffield Wednesday,s carry over to next season what inconsistencies and we wait for guidelines on the current rules for next season from this good for nothing organisation not fit for purpose.

You clearly do not understand how the Appeal Panels work and to compare this to SWFC’s case is baffling.

Exile on Spencer St 11-08-2020 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243163)
You clearly do not understand how the Appeal Panels work and to compare this to SWFC’s case is baffling.

The issue seems not to be how the Appeal Panel works, but when.
I understood the SWFC case has been going on since November last year!

andyd 11-08-2020 20:44

Quote:

The reason for a lot of inconsistencies to me in football governance is the layers being involved and taking their fees out of the pot rules are to be followed should be straight forward and no need to be bent and twisted in the courts.

Chewbacca 11-08-2020 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243165)
The reason for a lot of inconsistencies to me in football governance is the layers being involved and taking their fees out of the pot rules are to be followed should be straight forward and no need to be bent and twisted in the courts.

What rules were not followed?

Why would you apply a points deducted for an historic offence on the previous season rather than the next one? When Spurs had point deducted it was applied to the next season.

There are no hard and fast FFP punishment rules so it is possible to show discretion.

NORTHERNSOUL 12-08-2020 00:27

Quote:

Non Payment of wages should be nothing to do with the EFL it just opens cans of worms where the only losers are the clubs fans.

Simple really if an employer fails to pay you on time as a player you with the assistance of your union take civil court action as would any other employee and the only way the FL would need to get involved would be if that action then resulted in games being postponed because the players had withdrawn their labour the penalties would then be imposed of the person [stated on the website as being in control] who ultimately decided not to pay the wages on time in the first place.

Things will not improve until the FL start acting in the intrests of the clubs [ and therefore their fans ] and not that of the owners and that can start by imposing personal financial penalties [ which i would then sell on at say 50% to factoring companies who would then use the meanest badass debt collectors to enforce them. The sight of a few Lamboughinis disappearing off a few football club owners driveways might start to focus a few owners minds just a bit.

NORTHERNSOUL 12-08-2020 00:53

Quote:

I think we all know how the appeals panels work.

Problem is they work one way for big clubs with history like Sheffield Wednesday and a completely different way for clubs like Macclefield town.

Cant you just see the ****stom that would kick off if SWFC were relegated a division let alone licked out of the league by it. Yet for Macclesfield it hardly warrents a mention.

And why dont we get to know who was on the pannel and how much they were paid to be and how many of them were the real people who matter in this the real fans.

monkey hanger 12-08-2020 07:18

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1243168]Non Payment of wages should be nothing to do with the EFL it just opens cans of worms where the only losers are the clubs fans.

Things will not improve until the FL start acting in the intrests of the clubs [ and therefore their fans ]

yes fans. the biggest group of people affected by all this stuff but are never thought about. its not as if a person who just rolls up every home game pays his admission fee for the club they prefer to watch can do anything about what happens behind the scenes. if you have any other business apart from football its the customers that usually come first. without these customers at the outset there would be no macclesfield, stevenage or pedigree dog food either.

monkey hanger 12-08-2020 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1243161)

know that they have signed a number of players already. just wonder if these players are ones they consider to make em competitive in the national league or division 2 next season. could be an interesting season for them.

VALAIRIAN 12-08-2020 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1243161)

Always thought they would mate........... feel sorry for Macc. Town..... :(

:) :) :)

Exile on Spencer St 12-08-2020 09:27

Jings, when we warned about the risk of a ‘second wave’ I didn’t realise it would be Satanage returning.:eek:

MikeA 12-08-2020 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241931)
Congratulations to Wycombe, promoted to the Championship tonight with a win over Oxford - shame though, it's a damn good away day lost

How to get promoted from League One: https://eflanalysis.com/analysis/how...sis-statistics

MikeA 12-08-2020 12:47

League One squad values currently going the rounds of a few local newspapers:
https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/spo...2934804?page=1

But what do they know about it? ;)

StanleyJosh 12-08-2020 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1243187)
League One squad values currently going the rounds of a few local newspapers:
https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/spo...2934804?page=1

But what do they know about it? ;)

Couldn't have made those numbers up more if they tried.

MikeA 12-08-2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242546)
Don’t get me going about Bury.
My Firm represented a potential buyer who put a bid in.
Due diligence was horrific.
Offer withdrawn.

I can see what you mean. This club statement on 7 August made it 'clear' that Bury FC owned Gigg Lane and it wasn't for sale or being repossessed: https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest...t-august-2020/

Three days later, in this semi-literate, incoherent statement, the chairman admitted that the club owed £3.7M on the ground and £2.8M on the car park: https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest...-the-chairman/

NORTHERNSOUL 12-08-2020 15:07

News today that if Macc were to go to the court of sports arbitration [ the same one Man City recently appealed to ] and were successfull Stevenage would be relegated by 0.1 of a point under PPG.

NORTHERNSOUL 12-08-2020 15:36

News today that if Macc were to go to the court of sports arbitration [ the same one Man City recently appealed to ] and were successfull Stevenage would be relegated by 0.1 of a point under PPG.

Trouble is it takes 18 months to 2 years to get a decision and you would expect they would ask that the decision against them be suspended until the final decision [ as City did ] meaning either League two would have to be suspended for two years or they would have to let them continue to play in it until a final determination was made.

Which maybe explains the remarks of a certain League two CEO who for weeks when talking about the uncertainty keeps refering to not knowing how many clubs there might be.

Sounds to me like hes been having the crack with his mate the League Two Rep.

Twenty Eight 12-08-2020 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243169)
I think we all know how the appeals panels work.

Problem is they work one way for big clubs with history like Sheffield Wednesday and a completely different way for clubs like Macclefield town.

Cant you just see the ****stom that would kick off if SWFC were relegated a division let alone licked out of the league by it. Yet for Macclesfield it hardly warrents a mention.

And why dont we get to know who was on the pannel and how much they were paid to be and how many of them were the real people who matter in this the real fans.

I ask again. Look at the offence(s) committed by the respective clubs.
Now give me one good reason for the basis to compare the two cases.

andyd 12-08-2020 18:43

The appeal,s procedures which would were money is involved will favour richer clubs the decision,s on both Macclesfield and Charlton being relegated because they choose to defer Wednesday,s punishment could kill both clubs off they as clubs haven't been run very well I admit but to save Stevenage when they were down by a country mile stinks football is awash with dodgy owners, agents, lawyers all picking there bits from the carcass.

monkey hanger 13-08-2020 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243193)

there needs to be a cut off somewhere with all these appeals. clubs need to know a FINAL decision to prepare for a new season. actually not bothered who goes down between stevenage or macclesfield but a final decision needs arriving at.

andyd 13-08-2020 08:22

Charlton on the verge of oblivion sign a player for a reputed £200,000 who sanctions that?

andyd 13-08-2020 09:37

I hope as Charlton seem to be able to find money to sign a player that they are paying their bills because whispers circulating are saying they aren't.

Chewbacca 13-08-2020 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243194)

Trouble is it takes 18 months to 2 years to get a decision and you would expect they would ask that the decision against them be suspended until the final decision [ as City did ] meaning either League two would have to be suspended for two years or they would have to let them continue to play in it until a final determination was made.

Which maybe explains the remarks of a certain League two CEO who for weeks when talking about the uncertainty keeps refering to not knowing how many clubs there might be.

Sounds to me like hes been having the crack with his mate the League Two Rep.

The band on City was not suspended, it was for 2020/21 and 2021/22. City were found not guilty of the main charge.

The case took 4 months to be heard.

Macc have already entered into binding arbitration according to the EFL, which is what Cas is.

It was Maccs 4th offense this season, and they already had a previous deduction reduced, and they were clearly guilty as charged. They can't argue that the points reduction is harsh for a 4th offence.

andyd 13-08-2020 20:59

18 days left for a buyer to complete deal for Wigan if deal not done by the 31st of August administration team says Wigan will not compete this season.

Twenty Eight 14-08-2020 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1243274)
The band on City was not suspended, it was for 2020/21 and 2021/22. City were found not guilty of the main charge.

Macc have already entered into binding arbitration according to the EFL, which is what Cas is.

It was Maccs 4th offense this season, and they already had a previous deduction reduced, and they were clearly guilty as charged. They can't argue that the points reduction is harsh for a 4th offence.

Precisely ..... so how anyone can compare this to the SWFC case is delusional.

NORTHERNSOUL 14-08-2020 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243204)
I ask again. Look at the offence(s) committed by the respective clubs.
Now give me one good reason for the basis to compare the two cases.

Yes one involved a few thousand quid of wages paid a couple of weeks late the other involved millions of pounds in a ground purchase scam by an already very dodgy owner.

Yet the team commiting the way more serious offence are given in effect 12 months to put measures into place to negate the effects of the punishment.

andyd 14-08-2020 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243291)
Yes one involved a few thousand quid of wages paid a couple of weeks late the other involved millions of pounds in a ground purchase scam by an already very dodgy owner.

Yet the team commiting the way more serious offence are given in effect 12 months to put measures into place to negate the effects of the punishment.

Stinks.

NORTHERNSOUL 14-08-2020 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1243274)

The binding arbitration only applies to the actual late wages and mal administration charges it doesnt cover anything else like the PPG points deduction issue.

And the whole point is that the FL should start persuing the owners rather than persecuting the clubs where the only people who get hurt are the fans who are totally inocent and did nothing It was the owner who refused to sign the wages cheque it wasnt the guys employed to run the club or indeed definitely not the fans on the terraces.

And the FL shouldnt be going round appealing decisions just because the Stevenage owner pulled strings with his mate Nixon who garnered a number of lower league clubs to support Wallaces call for an appeal against the original decision.

andyd 17-08-2020 07:31

Nothing against Oldham but came to light yesterday players wages not being paid again, wonder how the random points deduction system used by the EFL will work on this one, Macclesfield not happy I believe.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243293)
Stinks.

So its ok for a club to fail to fulfill two fixtures and to attempt to play in a stadium with no safety certificate ?

andyd 17-08-2020 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243427)
So its ok for a club to fail to fulfill two fixtures and to attempt to play in a stadium with no safety certificate ?

No it isn't but the EFL is too inconsistent apparently they wanted Wednesday relegated but cocked up preparing wrong case and were late bringing the right one so Wednesday escaped from the drop, Derby well that's anyone's guess.

Chewbacca 17-08-2020 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1243294)
The binding arbitration only applies to the actual late wages and mal administration charges it doesnt cover anything else like the PPG points deduction issue.

And the whole point is that the FL should start persuing the owners rather than persecuting the clubs where the only people who get hurt are the fans who are totally inocent and did nothing It was the owner who refused to sign the wages cheque it wasnt the guys employed to run the club or indeed definitely not the fans on the terraces.

And the FL shouldnt be going round appealing decisions just because the Stevenage owner pulled strings with his mate Nixon who garnered a number of lower league clubs to support Wallaces call for an appeal against the original decision.

If the points fine was taken after PPG Macc end up with 27.76 compared to Stevenage's 28.11.

Not an issue in the end.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243429)
No it isn't but the EFL is too inconsistent apparently they wanted Wednesday relegated but cocked up preparing wrong case and were late bringing the right one so Wednesday escaped from the drop, Derby well that's anyone's guess.

So why compare the two cases ?
Poor old Macclesfield this and that - they deserved to get hammered.
Suggesting that leniency has been applied to SWFC because they're a "big club" is ridiculous.
They might have avoided the drop .... but get ready.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 14:24

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53792727

andyd 17-08-2020 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243438)
So why compare the two cases ?
Poor old Macclesfield this and that - they deserved to get hammered.
Suggesting that leniency has been applied to SWFC because they're a "big club" is ridiculous.
They might have avoided the drop .... but get ready.

I never said poor old Macclesfield but in a world where if you can afford a better lawyer has crept into football it is because it is dripping money at the top end any one breaking the games rules should be punished rightly so but all the same and consistency should be implemented, too many people sucking money out of the game.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 15:54

So now its the Lawyers fault ? .......... I give up.
Rules are rules.

andyd 17-08-2020 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243445)
So now its the Lawyers fault ? .......... I give up.
Rules are rules.

Rules broken should have set punishment procedure,s followed quite simply with no need for costly appeals unless you are found wrongly guilty which Wednesday weren't in the original charge which if done quickly would have seen them rightfully relegated.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1243446)
Rules broken should have set punishment procedure,s followed quite simply with no need for costly appeals unless you are found wrongly guilty which Wednesday weren't in the original charge which if done quickly would have seen them rightfully relegated.

Andy - get your facts right. Sheffield Wednesday were found totally innocent of the initial charge, hence a defence requiring the assistance of Lawyers.
Had they not done so then they would have been found guilty of a very serious charge with ramifications well beyond 12 points deduction.

Twenty Eight 17-08-2020 16:34

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/aug...PToB9Wj7PSp2P8

andyd 17-08-2020 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1243449)

Which reninforces my argument about the inconsistencies of the EFL rest my case your lordship.