Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 22-02-2021 16:19

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250629)
Have you got access to all the clubs accounts because it will be interesting to see them all post Covid, don't forget also some have took advantage of the government grants, Barrow even had the nerve to put out of favour players back on furlough, Andy Holt says Stanley prudently run will lose £150000 to £ 200000 on top of around £80000 last season. Also a lot of clubs with large backroom staff made substantial redundancies possibly enabling them to continue to sack managers and pay over inflated wages, the price to be paid will ultimately be blamed on anything other than themselves.

Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.

andyd 22-02-2021 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1250641)
Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.

I'm not a doom and gloom man I say and pass things on to be read on this forum including about fans back in stadiums, I would have loved to have been back in full stadiums back in September when I believe you forecast we would be, a few " pilot " games going to be allowed in April wether Stanley are part of this or not maybe you could enlighten us, and again if you think that there won't be a price to pay well that's your opinion, wether clubs were overstaffed or not it was someone's livleyhood. Footballers especially at the very top are a privalaged bunch some of them not their fault on vast amounts of money at the other end of course some will lose out it's always the case.

cashman 22-02-2021 17:18

have i understood right? is there a chance of a game to watch at home start of april if things go well?

andyd 22-02-2021 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250645)
have i understood right? is there a chance of a game to watch at home start of april if things go well?

There was a mention of " pilot " games in April but if everything goes to plan 17th May is when fans will be allowed limited into stadiums, as playoffs are not till last weekend in May presume fans may be allowed into those.

cashman 22-02-2021 17:30

trust me hoping lol

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250646)
There was a mention of " pilot " games in April but if everything goes to plan 17th May is when fans will be allowed limited into stadiums, as playoffs are not till last weekend in May presume fans may be allowed into those.

Mention is about as near as you.ll get so long as bottler Boris is still in charge pretty clear the dates have been done like this deliberately ie allow fans in from a date that comes after the season is finished.

There is not a shred of evidence that even a single person was infected as a result of attending one of the trial games at the end of last year and the infection figures are now lower than they were when those games took place so whats the justification for not allowing 2k from tomorrow ?

A simple solution would be to keep the kids at home for another few weeks [ till the end of term then have them go back as normal after the summer holidays ] that way you could bring everything else forward by 6 weeks allowing us to take advantage of the upcoming bank holidays and get the economy moving at last.

He needs to stop listening to these prats who have a vested interest in dragging this out for as long as they can [ like the guy who earns 300 quid every time the BBC puts him on the screen i bet he.s hoping it goes on for the next ten years ]

You may or may not know of the scientists who signed the Barrington declaration who have effectively been gagged for the best part of a year and guess what yesterday they were clamped down on even further ahead of the announcements just what is it that these people have to say that Boris is so scared of?

andyd 23-02-2021 07:30

Wealdstone FC have decided having to play on with little or no income to furlough a small number of the first team squad, they will carry on for now but haven't ruled out furloughing the entire squad and playing on with youth or not fulfilling fixtures, they refuse to saddle club with loans, starting to impact first at the lower less well off clubs.

andyd 23-02-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250651)
Mention is about as near as you.ll get so long as bottler Boris is still in charge pretty clear the dates have been done like this deliberately ie allow fans in from a date that comes after the season is finished.

There is not a shred of evidence that even a single person was infected as a result of attending one of the trial games at the end of last year and the infection figures are now lower than they were when those games took place so whats the justification for not allowing 2k from tomorrow ?

A simple solution would be to keep the kids at home for another few weeks [ till the end of term then have them go back as normal after the summer holidays ] that way you could bring everything else forward by 6 weeks allowing us to take advantage of the upcoming bank holidays and get the economy moving at last.

He needs to stop listening to these prats who have a vested interest in dragging this out for as long as they can [ like the guy who earns 300 quid every time the BBC puts him on the screen i bet he.s hoping it goes on for the next ten years ]

You may or may not know of the scientists who signed the Barrington declaration who have effectively been gagged for the best part of a year and guess what yesterday they were clamped down on even further ahead of the announcements just what is it that these people have to say that Boris is so scared of?

The Barrington agreement was signed in America yes America in October 2020 just another opinion of many on ways of handling a pandemic it is really letting herd immunity be reached naturally by locking away if they wish the most vunerable while everyone else gets on working and socially enjoying themselves, a bit like Sweden,s approach which ended up in lockdown eventually. Hindsight is easy vaccines that work are the only true way out of a pandemic and then hopefully those that have got through to the other end can get back to normality along with those who blatantly refuse to believe anything and flouted the rules all the way.

cashman 23-02-2021 08:08

there are loads of fools in the world andy.who probably would not revise their view if they lost someone to this virus.i just laugh quietly at them.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250653)
The Barrington agreement was signed in America yes America in October 2020 just another opinion of many on ways of handling a pandemic it is really letting herd immunity be reached naturally by locking away if they wish the most vunerable while everyone else gets on working and socially enjoying themselves, a bit like Sweden,s approach which ended up in lockdown eventually. Hindsight is easy vaccines that work are the only true way out of a pandemic and then hopefully those that have got through to the other end can get back to normality along with those who blatantly refuse to believe anything and flouted the rules all the way.

What does it matter where it was signed ?

The issue is these scientists have been all but removed from society and news organisations completely banned from letting them express their views.

So i.ll say again just what is it that Boris is so scared of ?

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them arent even that if you deduct the people who were beyond the point at which they should have been dead anyway.

Just ask yourself why are the government blocking the publication of figures around the deaths Why for instance are they blocking the release of the answer to a simple question " How many people under the age of 50 who are not key workers or who do not have any ongoing underlying health issues have died? it's a pretty simple question really that they should be able to answer in 5 minutes but are going to great lengths not to answer. Ask yourself why?

The answer is less than 1500 not much more than 1% of the total deaths from covid and certainly only a fraction of the number of people in that age group who haven't died that would have done in a normal year from things like road accidents or drug overdoses etc. So once again ask yourself why aren't the likes of the BBC reporting on that.

And while we're talking about the BBC why are the only people the BBC will let on air to criticise the timescales Tory MP.s?

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and lets see how he likes that.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250656)

The issue is these scientists have been all but removed from society and news organisations completely banned from letting them express their views.

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them arent even that if you deduct the people who were beyond the point at which they should have been dead anyway.

Just ask yourself why are the government blocking the publication of figures around the deaths Why for instance are they blocking the release of the answer to a simple question " How many people under the age of 50 who are not key workers or who do not have any ongoing underlying health issues have died? it's a pretty simple question really that they should be able to answer in 5 minutes but are going to great lengths not to answer. Ask yourself why?

The answer is less than 1500 not much more than 1% of the total deaths from covid and certainly only a fraction of the number of people in that age group who haven't died that would have done in a normal year from things like road accidents or drug overdoses etc. So once again ask yourself why aren't the likes of the BBC reporting on that.

And while we're talking about the BBC why are the only people the BBC will let on air to criticise the timescales Tory MP.s?

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and lets see how he likes that.

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them aren't even that if you deduct the people who have died who were already beyond their life expectancy in other words the point at which they should have been dead anyway. Will for the next ten years see them reporting how few people have died than would have been expected to [ which must be the case because thousands of people had died months/years earlier of supposedly covid ]

And here's one for you if a man is critically injured in a car crash and is taken barely alive to the hospital where on admittance he is tested for covid and that test comes back as positive, that afternoon he succumbs to his injuries from the crash and dies. Under the present system he is counted as a covid death. Once again Boris refuses to comment on just how ridiculous that situation is Why? I ask myself.

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and let's see how Boris likes that and the cost of it.

andyd 23-02-2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250657)

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them aren't even that if you deduct the people who have died who were already beyond their life expectancy in other words the point at which they should have been dead anyway. Will for the next ten years see them reporting how few people have died than would have been expected to [ which must be the case because thousands of people had died months/years earlier of supposedly covid ]

And here's one for you if a man is critically injured in a car crash and is taken barely alive to the hospital where on admittance he is tested for covid and that test comes back as positive, that afternoon he succumbs to his injuries from the crash and dies. Under the present system he is counted as a covid death. Once again Boris refuses to comment on just how ridiculous that situation is Why? I ask myself.

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and let's see how Boris likes that and the cost of it.

Nobody will ever know the truth especially your good self all I know as I write this I am waiting to set off up to Accy crematorium to pay my respects to a lad I have known for over 45 years spoke most home games to him before the match, he had an underlying issue but Covid did him this a lad who regularly ran miles for fun, that,s the 4th person I know who would probably still be here but for this **** 16 weeks if it works out isn't long for normality.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:15

Boris may just have shot himself in the foot big style here.

On May 17th football grounds will be allowed a maximum of 10k spectators and nothing will then change until the final lifting of restrictions 6 weeks later on June 21st.

The issue is that on June 13th England host Croatia at Wembley UEFA have already sold well in excess of that many tickets for the game.

Will Boris give them an exemption or will he risk UEFA removing all the games the UK were scheduled to hold ?

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250659)
Nobody will ever know the truth especially your good self all I know as I write this I am waiting to set off up to Accy crematorium to pay my respects to a lad I have known for over 45 years spoke most home games to him before the match, he had an underlying issue but Covid did him this a lad who regularly ran miles for fun, that,s the 4th person I know who would probably still be here but for this **** 16 weeks if it works out isn't long for normality.

And how many of those four took their own measures to avoid catching it or did they rely on Balmy Boris and his facemasks?

I took serious independent medical advice a year ago and by hook or by crook acquired the medication I was told would vastly reduce my chances of catching it and its worked after some tests recently for another completely unrelated medical issue the consultant at the Beardwood told me my immune system was running at a vastly heightened level ready to fight any infection that might come my way.

Now ask yourself if i can protect myself in that way why didn't the government recommend or even better mandate that the whole country took those drugs?

And although i.m very sorry to hear about your friends i suggest you.ve been very unlucky as i know only 2 people who've had it, no one whos been hospitalised and certainly no one whos died and for the first three months i attended a gathering of over 30 people every week [ and not one of the people attending caught anything to the best of my knowledge ]Ive never worn a mask and taken no notice of what Boris says of what i can and i can't do in the privacy of my own home.

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.

monkey hanger 23-02-2021 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250654)
there are loads of fools in the world andy.who probably would not revise their view if they lost someone to this virus.i just laugh quietly at them.

but thats life cashy and covid deaths are no worse than anyother death from all other causes that still happens. if you seem to have more family and friends who die of say cancer then that is the illness you fear more yourself. its hard to fear something you do not even know of anyone who has actually caught the thing apart from a 13 year old lad who had it but was hardly sick by it but caused his family a load of hassle due to it.