Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January 2010 Transfer Window!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-2010-transfer-window-51054.html)

VALAIRIAN 30-12-2009 16:54

January 2010 Transfer Window!!

With all the talk about the Premier League “Big Boys”, going on about who is going where and for how many £M’s. What are the thoughts about Stanley’s ambitions in the transfer window???

Who/what do we need and most importantly, who will go??? Moreover, who must stay???

cashman 30-12-2009 17:09

Re: January 2010 Transfer Window!!

what we need mate is the embargo lifting if possible before i consider owt.:)

smudgie 30-12-2009 17:47

Well put cashman.

Im assuming its the £50,000 we owe the PFA which is why we are still limited to 20 players in the squad.

Just assuming we pay it off heres my assesment of the current squad......
Obviously all my personal opinion

1. Bouzanis (MUST be a priority to extend the loan till the end of the season)
3. Richardson (Will he EVER be fit???, If not has to go im afraid)
5. Kempson, No brainer. New contract for next season already if you ask me.
6. Proctor, See Above, Sign him up.
7. Miles. Must do more for me to be given a new deal at the end of the season.
8. Joyce, Has been a great signing. Keep him
9. Kee, Has been unlucky with the form of Grant & Symes but doesnt have that cutting edge if you ask me. Back to Leicester for Billy for me.
11. Grant. Simply a revalation. Hope we can keep hold of him till the summer at least.
12. Edwards. Rock Solid. Nice to have a proper penalty taker aswell. Keep Him.
14. Ryan. Average start to the season, but is now back fully fit and firing. Keep Him.
15. Winnard. Not a natural left back and is abit clumsy but has done a good job. Keep Him.
16. Turner. Great young prospect, looking forward to him returning from injury. Keep Him
17. Mcconville. Not his biggest fan but is still young and developing and could improve. Keep Him.
18. Mullin. Not played a minute of 1st team football this season and will probably retire anyway.
19. Symes. With Grant without doubt our best and most improved player. Simply brilliant.......
20. Murphy. Looks a decent young player, but a better center back than Right Back IMO. Keep Him.
21 + 22 Burton & Ami. Youngsters not seen them yet.
24. Gary King. Needs to be given a chance has looked impressive when he has played but I cant help feeling his face doesnt fit. Give him a deal till the end of the season!
25. Dunbavin. Great shot stopper but decision making still suspect. A Good number 2 but nothing more. Keep him.
26. Lees. Another great find by Coleman, Hope we can keep him till the summer.
31. Flynn. Only the 1 game against Torquay and looked decent. Dont think we need him if im honest.

Redash 30-12-2009 18:06

That just about sums it up.

VALAIRIAN 30-12-2009 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 773607)
what we need mate is the embargo lifting if possible before i consider owt.:)

Cashy, if we get rid, then we can replace!!!! ;) :)

maccawozzagod 30-12-2009 20:19

Murphy and King and both out of contract as of friday morning. I wouldn't bother signing either of them if they aren't going to play or push harder for a team berth. With all the extra games we played through October if they were ever going to feature then they would have done more so then. Murphy maybe as cover and I would imagine he is cheap, but King isn't going to get a look in so it's time to release and free up an extra space.

Kee - keep him - but he has to play more often. We lose some of Bobby Gee's play when he shifts out to the left wing but at least we then have some natural balance rather than putting Proctor out there.

Mullin and Richardson - both have plenty to offer when fit. But with a really limited squad we can't afford to carry them. Both need persuading to move on unfortunately.

As far as signings go I wouldn't have a clue! The right back who was training with us (Ross Lloyd) must be signed if there is something about him, as Tom Lees could be called back to Leeds. And I liked the look of Melo who played the SOS games for us (dreadlocks played in centre mid I think) but that is a position where we have plenty of cover.

Mainly though, it will be down to O'Neil and Coley as to what enquiries, if any, we receive. A striker will be priority if Symes or Grant are sold, or if Kee goes back, or if King is released. But then again Turner or Miles could play as the deep striker.

Jimmy Ryan and Andy Procter are likely to be asked after as well. The squad could probably take one of them going if Mullin ever recovers, but with only Joyce as natural cover in there it could be dicey.

The only position we could take a hit on would be centre back. Edwards would be the likeliest sale, and Flynn or Murphy would fill in - although I'd like to see Winnard play in his natural position and Richardson return to fitness.

Priority in the summer will be a goalkeeper. Or two.

Willie Miller 30-12-2009 20:37

Our team is fine except when we are in possession of the football in the full back positions. Deano & Tom when they have the ball can only do the basics as they are effectively centre backs. They can defend, but they are poor in possession. However, to get out of this League or do well, it doesn't seem to matter.

However, to play more football, ball playing full backs are a must....

Out for me, Mullin, Richardson only cause of fitness. Everyone else mentioned for release may not have played much, but we been lucky with injuries. Any injuries then King is suddenly in the team.

BTW Rob, Turner as a striker????? We would be scraping the barrel then, He is a great crosser & dribbler. HE could only play wide right IMHO

shakermaker 30-12-2009 20:49

Keep the squad exactly as it is.

smudgie 30-12-2009 20:49

Must admit Turner is the perfect Right Winger IMO.

But I suppose look what happened when Grant went from a bit part left winger to a striker ;)

maccawozzagod 30-12-2009 21:21

Grant and Gary Roberts suddenly excelled as strikers because they both like to run at defenders - and defenders hate it when someone runs at them. Thats for me what the team had lacke dfor the last three years.

I remember one of Turners early games when he had just accidentally got into the team and he looked as though he was playing attacking centre mid. Everytime the ball came to him he just turned and ran at the defence and they shat themselves.

I agree it would be scraping the barrel a bit - but I also reckon he'd do a job (as long as we dont remember the hoof ball tactic)

cashman 30-12-2009 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 773672)

Out for me, Mullin, Richardson only cause of fitness. Everyone else mentioned for release may not have played much, but we been lucky with injuries. Any injuries then King is suddenly in the team.-------------agree cannot afford to carry em.

BTW Rob, Turner as a striker????? We would be scraping the barrel then, He is a great crosser & dribbler. HE could only play wide right IMHO

love turner on wing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 773673)
Keep the squad exactly as it is.

thats daft to me, aint in a financial position to carry people, liked or otherwise agree wi willie those 2 gotta go.

AccyAggro 30-12-2009 23:13

Keep boozer and tom lees until end of season, anyone else who is always injured or out of form then coley decides. MUST keep edwards, ryan, grant and symes, only mentioned them cause they will be being looked at most because most goals and best performances

MCR ADIM 30-12-2009 23:30

Think we would be lost without edwards at the back, he is just brilliant, the whole back four has played very well this season on a whole and need to keep them, pleased with winnard, like most people have said keep the squad as it is and things will be on the up dont chop and change, like the first year in the league after we lost craney and roberts we kind of went downhill for rest of that season. the squad is great as it is.

cashman 30-12-2009 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR ADIM (Post 773709)
Think we would be lost without edwards at the back, he is just brilliant, the whole back four has played very well this season on a whole and need to keep them, pleased with winnard, like most people have said keep the squad as it is and things will be on the up dont chop and change, like the first year in the league after we lost craney and roberts we kind of went downhill for rest of that season. the squad is great as it is.

Agree the squad is fine as is, but ya cannot carry people who are long term injuries,sad fact of life.

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2009 16:53

My opinion is,
  • Bobby and Symes must not be sold - unless it is silly money, with good sell ons!

Billy Kee should stay for rest of season and play some games.

Same for Gary King, he needs to be used.

Mullin and Leam, will never be fit, therefore need to go, to free up spaces.

We need a left back, as Chris King has gone.

I believe that Tom Lees is staying, so defence is OK. With above.

I am happy with the keepers we have at the moment, would like to see Bouzer stay.

We are spoilt for choice in midfield, so no worries there, only issue is McConville, not lived to to his reputation, but now he is off the mark, let's just wait and see.

On the whole as many of us said at the start of the season, this is a great squad of players, with that being said, I would like to see it being just that, rather than the same faces week in week out. I know we have been winning, but, we have just had 2 games in 3 days, plus we have a very important match on Saturday, Morecambe and Bury, were prime examples of an opportunity to use the squad - Kee, King, Flynn - yet we did not.

Cannot really knock King Coley really I suppose, but would just like to see some new faces sometimes. Slightly strayed of subject, but .... :) :) :)

Here's to an exciting 2010 :) :)