Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

sausage butty 23-07-2010 16:52

Re: Pitch

The control room isnt an issue at all. It is definatley the pitch.FACT.

From what i understand the control room that was above the changing room is being scrapped and a new purpose built structure will be built above the water tank.For the time being the old control box is located at the back of the coppice end.

sausage butty 23-07-2010 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 830943)
:eek:Looking at that vid!! then no it hasn't jeff,surpost to be in the middle of away end:(

It is in the middle of the away end , its located behind the terrace at ground level.

Wynonie Harris 23-07-2010 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 830969)
The control room isnt an issue at all. It is definatley the pitch.FACT.

From what i understand the control room that was above the changing room is being scrapped and a new purpose built structure will be built above the water tank.For the time being the old control box is located at the back of the coppice end.

Am I missing something here? If the old control box is behind the Coppice End at ground level, then surely, it's not operational, as by its very nature, a control box should have a clear view of all parts of the ground? So we couldn't have played the Burnley game, anyway. The more important question is how the "new, purpose-built structure" is going to be built in just over two weeks?

lancsdave 23-07-2010 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 830977)
Am I missing something here? If the old control box is behind the Coppice End at ground level, then surely, it's not operational, as by its very nature, a control box should have a clear view of all parts of the ground? So we couldn't have played the Burnley game, anyway. The more important question is how the "new, purpose-built structure" is going to be built in just over two weeks?

Would it not have to have been built in the next few days if the pitch had been fit ?

Have they got planning permission for a new structure ?

AccyMad 23-07-2010 18:28

All these questions could be posed at the season ticket collecting event next week - I think every single person who goes should, one by one, make a point of asking O'Neil (if indeed he's there) - maybe we could have a set list of questions for everyone to ask and them compare his answers, I'm willing to bet none of them would be the same

stanley convert 23-07-2010 19:03

Right as I have it the old contol box (which is at this moment in time sat at the back of the coppice end) will be located on top of a new portacabin in the middle of the coppice terrace for the time being, the new cabin will become the first aid room, the wiring for the cameras, turnstiles,telephone, computers etc is being run along with all the other services that are required as we speak.

Wynonie Harris 24-07-2010 08:28

What's the betting that the two portacabins will still be there, being used for exactly the same thing in three years' time? :rolleyes:

sausage butty 24-07-2010 10:02

The control box is currently located on the floor and we have been instructed to run all cables to it and make everything operational.The cameras will give a general overview of the ground but not every inch.

Whalley Red 24-07-2010 13:03

I'm having a difficult time imagining a portacabin in the middle of the Coppice terrace with a control box on top of it.

There will need to be access to them for the people who will be working inside them, so does that mean the Coppice Terrace is effectively split in two for the away fans? Doesn't the location of these cabins in the terrace reduce our capacity further below the necessary 5,000?

lancsdave 24-07-2010 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 831161)
I'm having a difficult time imagining a portacabin in the middle of the Coppice terrace with a control box on top of it.

There will need to be access to them for the people who will be working inside them, so does that mean the Coppice Terrace is effectively split in two for the away fans? Doesn't the location of these cabins in the terrace reduce our capacity further below the necessary 5,000?

It's not on the terrace, it's behind it

Whalley Red 24-07-2010 13:12

That makes sense :)

So the control room will not have visual access to the ground, only via cameras. I presume the police are happy with this.

lancsdave 24-07-2010 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 831163)
I presume the police are happy with this.

Yes they don't have to watch the football :D:D:D

stanley convert 24-07-2010 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 831163)
That makes sense :)

So the control room will not have visual access to the ground, only via cameras. I presume the police are happy with this.

No the control room will be on top of the new portacabin so in effect it will be above the level of the back wall of the copice end thus giving its inhabitants a view of the pitch.

Tommy McQueen 25-07-2010 15:21

Anyone seen Ceefax today? we are playing a Blackburn 1X next Sat 31st July kick off 1930, or is this a mistake? It seems funny it's only four days after we should have played Burnley. Maybe the pitch has made a sudden recovery, or is it the Police Box that will be up. Or maybe it's a mistake on the date, no doubt the two will tell us next week.

MikeA 26-07-2010 06:24

Rovers 1st team will still be in Australia next week and there is nothing on their reserves fixture list.

Follow the links from
Blackburn Rovers | Match | Fixtures & Results | Fixtures, Results & Reports for details.

Strangely, for a Saturday match, the BBC have the kick-off as 19:30:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Fixtures