Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pitch-53353.html)

VALAIRIAN 13-06-2010 14:08

Re: Pitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 822129)
:)Drains are in sprinkler system in top soil is on and was exspected to be re-seeded over the wkend.so we should have a green pitch in 2wks time:) ps i have more pics but wont let me upload them:(

How long will it be before it can be played on, the season will be staring in about 8 weeks time!!

Grimps 13-06-2010 15:40

it will need at tops 7 weeks to grow . as it been seed yet????????????

Pendle Red 13-06-2010 16:46

Well six weeks on Tuesday is pencilled in the Burnley pre-season game

So sow & grow

Stanleymad 14-06-2010 20:26

Well pitch is definately different and had a nice farm pong wiff over the crown ground lol ready to be seeded within next few days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Redraine 15-06-2010 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 822478)
Well pitch is definately different and had a nice farm pong wiff over the crown ground lol ready to be seeded within next few days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you sure it wasn't the Whinney Hill tip???

lancsdave 15-06-2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 822509)
Are you sure it wasn't the Whinney Hill tip???

The pitch was covered in the stuff, it was definatley a manure smell.

There's always a way to get back at neighbours who complain ;):D

lancsdave 18-06-2010 18:09

Burnley have today moved their home friendly on July 31st to Huddersfield because they don't think the new pitch will be ready. Will be interesting to see how quick Stanley's pitch will grow, I reckon they are on about the same time process.

Fourth official 19-06-2010 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 823106)
Burnley have today moved their home friendly on July 31st to Huddersfield because they don't think the new pitch will be ready. Will be interesting to see how quick Stanley's pitch will grow, I reckon they are on about the same time process.

I am sure we will contniue to get regular updates from he club,and pictures of progresss:confused::confused:

mab 19-06-2010 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourth official (Post 823298)
I am sure we will contniue to get regular updates from he club,and pictures of progresss:confused::confused:

Down yesterdy!pitch has been lazer leveled and has had ton's of smelly stuff ploughed in and is ready for seeding.sprinkler system is installed and fully working as tests have been made thursday and friday,their is work going on over where the old toilets were at the coppice end:)

VALAIRIAN 19-06-2010 14:10

Cheers for that Mab, next time you are there, please could you get some piccys!!!!

Cheers matey :) :) :)

mab 19-06-2010 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 823317)
Cheers for that Mab, next time you are there, please could you get some piccys!!!!

Cheers matey :) :) :)

have some more phots but wont me upload them:(

lancsdave 19-06-2010 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 823302)
is ready for seeding.

Surely if it's not been seeded yet it would be pretty stupid to be playing a game on it on July 27th. Even August 7th is pushing it :eek:

mab 19-06-2010 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 823339)
Surely if it's not been seeded yet it would be pretty stupid to be playing a game on it on July 27th. Even August 7th is pushing it :eek:

:)Thought that my self LD but they say that smelly stuff helps the grass grow and nitt quickly and should be ready..:)

lancsdave 19-06-2010 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 823343)
:)Thought that my self LD but they say that smelly stuff helps the grass grow and nitt quickly and should be ready..:)

Well they are the experts, however if they need any weed growing expert
ise they can give me a shout :)

Fourth official 21-06-2010 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 823302)
Down yesterdy!pitch has been lazer leveled and has had ton's of smelly stuff ploughed in and is ready for seeding.sprinkler system is installed and fully working as tests have been made thursday and friday,their is work going on over where the old toilets were at the coppice end:)

Thanks for that Mab,implying more from the club!!.Think it could be rootzone,to help the grass growth.