Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Prediction League Game 1; Aldershot (home) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/prediction-league-game-1-aldershot-home-54268.html)

Div3North 01-08-2010 22:00

Prediction League Game 1; Aldershot (home)

Prediction League 2010
The News

We’re up and running ………….

Although I stuck my head above the parapet first, I’m delighted to say that I’ve been joined in running the game by Chimer, who knows more about spreadsheets than I’ve had hot dinners. The division of labour will be that I’ll start the game each time (league matches only), and Chimer will collate the results at the close, and prepare and post the ‘league table’.

The Rules

Are more or less what they always were (we think!), namely
  • You post a guess as to what the full time score will be for each Stanley league game. You can enter every one of the 46 games, or just when you remember to post (but you may not top the table at the end of the season if you only enter once ………..)
  • If you guess the score correctly, you get 5 points
  • If you get the score wrong but the result right, you get 3 points
  • If you get the result wrong but get the number of goals scored by one of the teams right, you get 1 point
  • At the end of the season, the person with the most points wins the league. There isn’t a prize (yet, but we’ll see what we can do)

A Request

It would really help Chimer (he says) if you could post your guess with Stanley’s score first (easier to check), but we won’t shout if you forget …………
  • “Stanley 2 Aldershot 0” is perfect
  • Stanley to win 2-0” is perfect, as is “2-0 to the Stanley” (or “the Mighty Reds”)
  • “2-2” is as well
  • Stanley to lose 1-3” would help Chimer (as above)

The only change is that this season we’ll accept “2-0 to us” provided you are an established forum member (ie a Stanley supporter, actual or deemed) whose name we know

We won’t accept “4-1” without an identified / identifiable winner. Any posts that won’t otherwise count I’ll try to identify and post a ‘reminder’ to the person concerned, so that it can be corrected before the cut off time; we aren’t out to disqualify guesses unless we have no choice ………

Div3North 01-08-2010 22:00

Re: Prediction League Game 1; Aldershot (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Aldershot Town

Prediction League – Game 1; v Aldershot (home)

Aldershot Town FC has had a busy summer of signings (sound familiar?), manager Kevin Dillon having added former Ashford Town winger Jermaine McGlashan, centre half Clayton Fortune from Conference South side Weston-Super-Mare, 20-year-old right-sided defender Aaron Morris from Cardiff City, winger/striker Wade Small , who played last season with League 2 rivals Chesterfield, striker Damien Spencer from Kettering Town, Manny Panther (who played for Morecambe last season on loan), Luke Gutteridge from Northampton, left back Jamie Vincent from Swindon and centre half Darren Jones from Hereford Utd to their squad.

We met 6 times in the Conference between 2003 and 2006; in 03/04 it was one win each, 04/05 it was two draws, but in 05/06 we did the double, 3-2 at our place and 4-1 at theirs. Excluding Conference games, we’ve played them four times since they returned to the league two seasons ago; in 08/09 we lost on the opening day of the season 1-0, and then lost the return game at the end of February 3-1 (Craig Lindfield scoring our goal); last season we again lost 3-1 at the EBB Stadium (Phil Edwards), but beat them 2-1 on a Tuesday night at the end of January with goals from Proccie and Billy Whizz. They finished the season 6th on 72 points (9 places and 11 points above us) but lost both legs of the Play Off games against Rotherham; they scored 69 (joint 5th) and conceded 56 (9th). We scored 62 (joint 9th) and conceded 74 (beaten only by Darlington’s 87)

As always the deadline for entries is scheduled kick-off time, that is 3pm on Saturday 7th August.

Good luck to eveyone ………… and thanks for playing!

K.S.H 01-08-2010 22:03

1 - 0 Stanley

cashman 01-08-2010 22:06

2-1 to stanley, ta lads.:)

lancsdave 01-08-2010 22:07

1-1 draw

Wynonie Harris 01-08-2010 22:08

2-1 to the Stanley please, Div3North...and hats off to you and Chimer for taking up the baton!

sherry 01-08-2010 22:11

Stanley 2 Aldershot 2

Thanks for taking this on :-)

mab 01-08-2010 22:12

:) Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Aldershot Town :) pleases for me, and thankyou for doing the prediction league:D

ukcowboy 01-08-2010 23:00

Stanley 2 Shots 0 please guys, and fair play for doing it :)

Larry Lobster 01-08-2010 23:03

2-0 to Stanley.

DAV007 01-08-2010 23:05

3-0 to the shots but i would love to be wrong.

bdc 01-08-2010 23:18

0-0 Draw please

ossy kid 02-08-2010 01:09

2-1 win for Stanley and thanks guys, it wouldn,t be the same without the prediction league

Redash 02-08-2010 04:56

3-1 to The Stanley, Please chaps.

MikeA 02-08-2010 06:43

1-1
and thanks to both for taking this on.