Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   "Official" prediction league (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/official-prediction-league-54333.html)

Revived Red 06-08-2010 11:43

"Official" prediction league

According to the fishy site, Jimbo's prediction league has now become "official". I wonder how that has happened. Why should it be more "official" than the Accy Web prediction league? I'm a bit uneasy about that. Or am I being too sensitive?:confused:

Stanleymad 06-08-2010 11:58

Re: "Official" prediction league

Not over sensitive - had pondered that myself......even now confused as to 'official' messageboard :confused: but we shall keep going regardless. As for prediction league, can understand that Jimbo was the originator of the prediction league - which he started here on accyweb untill end of last season. He has made the decision for whatever reason [if your about jimbo be nice to explain to people reasons as it became part of the forum that is upto you:)] to move the table to the ultras site exclusively. So on the basis that jimbo is the originator the club has backed his version, that would of been arranged between him & the club.

sherry 06-08-2010 12:06

Sorry - weird thing happened

sherry 06-08-2010 12:06

"Official" does not mean a thing! It does not get publicity. Most participants take it either 'light heartedly' or as imaginary 'pundits.' :-)

The 'Winner's Prize' isn't worth mentioning as Shurm says he has not received one after winning for the last two seasons!!

Let's just enjoy what we do. :D

cashman 06-08-2010 12:06

will miss it, but won't loose any sleep.:rolleyes:

Whalley Red 06-08-2010 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 834382)
even now confused as to 'official' messageboard :confused: but we shall keep going regardless.

I don't think that we would ever call ourselves an 'official' messageboard, it would limit our capacity to criticise the people in charge of the Club ;)

I think it's sensible that they list all four Stanley forums - each one is there to discuss and support the team ... just some are busier than others :p

Stanleymad 06-08-2010 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 834394)
I don't think that we would ever call ourselves an 'official' messageboard, it would limit our capacity to criticise the people in charge of the Club ;)

I think it's sensible that they list all four Stanley forums - each one is there to discuss and support the team ... just some are busier than others :p

Yep, i fully agree with that and think all should have their place - i for one dont like the idea of 'them & us fans', all stanley fans are just as important and point of views varey.

Together we Stand or Sit:alright:

Wynonie Harris 06-08-2010 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 834395)
all stanley fans are just as important and point of views vary.

Together we Stand or Sit:alright:

I'll drink to that!

lancsdave 06-08-2010 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 834394)

Yep, it's a bit like deciding wether to go in the peace and calm of the Clayton End or the rowdiness of the Main Stand, you're all supporting the same cause :D

Maybe the winners of both prediction leagues can go in to some sort of Champions League next season, unless of course the same person wins both :)

AccyMad 06-08-2010 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 834404)
Yep, it's a bit like deciding wether to go in the peace and calm of the Clayton End or the rowdiness of the Main Stand, you're all supporting the same cause :D

Maybe the winners of both prediction leagues can go in to some sort of Champions League next season, unless of course the same person wins both :)

It'll be even rowdier in the Main Stand this season, looks like we'll be having Harwood Red as well as Mel in there :p

maccawozzagod 06-08-2010 13:27

.. and me!

AccyMad 06-08-2010 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 834414)
.. and me!

Oh 'eck - I think some of the more sedate residents of the stand may be migrating to other areas :D

Stanleymad 06-08-2010 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accymad
It'll be even rowdier in the Main Stand this season, looks like we'll be having Harwood Red as well as Mel in there :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 834414)
.. and me!

WoW main stand possie is noisying up let the paarty begin:alright:

Me likey:D:D

Stanleymad 06-08-2010 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 834415)
Oh 'eck - I think some of the more sedate residents of the stand may be migrating to other areas :D

As long as Mr Pong migrates;):D

ukcowboy 06-08-2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 834419)
As long as Mr Pong migrates;):D

He will if he sits near me!!