Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   FANs not criminals!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fans-not-criminals-54628.html)

CEF 27-08-2010 12:57

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

But isn't "fat, bald, "look at me I'm a chief steward it's on my jacket so I'm important" person" actually doing his job.

stanley convert 27-08-2010 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF (Post 840703)
Were there till rolls thrown onto the field of play during the match (some aimed @ Krul) - Yes
Therefore if the person arrested @ end of match is guilty of such then yes he should be charged.
When Jase was arrested did a group of 20 or 30 run towards the police/stewards - Yes
Therefore this could be deemed as hostile.
Could the club be fined for failing to control the crowd (again the throwing incident) - Quite a possibility
Therefore can i ask what you are expecting the club to come out and say publically regarding the incidents. Until all facts are looked @ there's not a great deal they can do. It all started because someone pushed it too far with throwing the till rolls which is an offence and therefore someone was arrested then it all banked rolled from there.
Over reaction from police/stewards - Yes definatley but it did all start with
someone commiting an offence

Good post, I did not see the incident as I was on my way from the ground so I am not prepared to comment on any of the actions of any of the parties involved, but I do believe Jase had approached the ultras earlier in the night asking them not to set off smoke bombs /flares but what happened SMOKE BOMBS and now Jase is facing a banning order. At the end of the day rules is rules as stated elsewhere on this thread and it,s the FL that set them, If ASFC are found to be in breach of these rules it will be the club that pay the price also the police can re catorgerise any further matches at the crown which will also inccur cost to the club.
We have so far been in a very lucky position were certain aspects of the FL regulations have been woolie round the edges and a blind eye has been turned but in truth how many times do people have to be told not to throw things onto the pitch what do they expect to happen if they get caught??
I do think that things will now change (for the worse in my opinion) at the crown no matter who was to blame for this inccident and I would not be supprised to see fans being searched even more stewards and police and overall a clamp down on anything regarded as bad behaviour or a breach of FL league rules.
At the end of the day there is no chance of a statement from the club until such times as all the evidence is gathered, to comment before would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

VALAIRIAN 27-08-2010 13:12

Please, I started this thread because of my disgust in what went on on Wednesday night. All the “Whys and wherefores” are irrelevant at the moment.

IF Danny threw a “Missile” at a police officer – fair point, but what went on afterwards, was not right, others could have been hurt and as we all know – I hope – we do not cause trouble, we just have a good time.

We stayed behind to congratulate our Team on a great display, but all the Officials seemed to want us out.

I had planned to stay in Accy and have a few drinks – win, lose or draw – but after I witnessed what went on and Jase being cuffed, I just drove home, I posted this thread when I got home, because it was how I felt at the time.

Two days later, I feel worse, love him or hate him, Jase is one of the main driving forces behind The Ultras and our FANtastic support, it will not be the same without him.

But the reason for this post is to say, please do not let us fall out between ourselves… Emotions are running high, but remember, we are all the same – Stanley FANs!!!!!!

TOGETHER WE ARE STANLEY

FANS NOT CRIMINALS

:) :) :)

Redraine 27-08-2010 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840790)
IF Danny threw a “Missile” at a police officer – fair point, but what went on afterwards, was not right, others could have been hurt and as we all know – I hope – we do not cause trouble, we just have a good time.

Hang on a minute! Has the whole world gone bonkers? Since when has a toilet roll or till roll morphed into a MISSILE? When I was a lad missiles were what Russia tried to sneak into Cuba, nearly precipitating World War 3. What next - cricketers arrested for bowling too fast with a hard ball; wedding guests arrested for throwing confetti? Calling bog roll a missile is the sort of crazy argument that Dear old Peter Sellers wouild have used in "I'm All Right Jack" to justify bringing out the brothers on strike, and we would all fall about laughing at the farce. Not now - we've all gone mad with P.C propaganda worming it's way into every conceivable situation where the merest hint of offence or perceived injury reults in everything being closed down. I'm not blaming the club on this issue as they have to work within the "Guidelines", but for God's sake, when is the country going to wake up from sleepwalking into a state of zero tolerance? Getting time again for this grumpy old man to emigrate!:D

jaysay 27-08-2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840790)
But the reason for this post is to say, please do not let us fall out between ourselves… Emotions are running high, but remember, we are all the same – Stanley FANs!!!!!!

:) :) :)

Very Wise words VALAIRIAN

The FSF 27-08-2010 17:59

Hello all

I'm Amanda Jacks from the Football Supporters Federation (The Football Supporters' Federation - Informing, Supporting, Campaigning) and have read this thread with interest.

Firstly, if anybody needs legal advice, we have an excellent solicitor to whom we refer supporters who've been arrested. Free advice is available over the phone.

Secondly, if anybody would like to make complaints about the actions of the stewards (a headlock is not an approved restraint technique!) then please do email me at [email protected]

Amanda

jaysay 27-08-2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by The FSF (Post 840841)
Hello all

I'm Amanda Jacks from the Football Supporters Federation (The Football Supporters' Federation - Informing, Supporting, Campaigning) and have read this thread with interest.

Firstly, if anybody needs legal advice, we have an excellent solicitor to whom we refer supporters who've been arrested. Free advice is available over the phone.

Secondly, if anybody would like to make complaints about the actions of the stewards (a headlock is not an approved restraint technique!) then please do email me at [email protected]

Amanda

About the best post on the thread me thinks

Bagpuss 27-08-2010 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF (Post 840787)
But isn't "fat, bald, "look at me I'm a chief steward it's on my jacket so I'm important" person" actually doing his job.

IMHO the guy did not need to involve the police but use some common sense and do what he got paid to do, crowd control. If he had taken a walk along the back of the Clayton End and issued a warning that he was going to involve the police if the throwing carried on to me would have been the correct way of handling the situation.

VALAIRIAN 27-08-2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 840837)
Very Wise words VALAIRIAN

Cheers Jaysay :)

VALAIRIAN 27-08-2010 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 840836)
Hang on a minute! Has the whole world gone bonkers? Since when has a toilet roll or till roll morphed into a MISSILE? When I was a lad missiles were what Russia tried to sneak into Cuba, nearly precipitating World War 3. What next - cricketers arrested for bowling too fast with a hard ball; wedding guests arrested for throwing confetti? Calling bog roll a missile is the sort of crazy argument that Dear old Peter Sellers wouild have used in "I'm All Right Jack" to justify bringing out the brothers on strike, and we would all fall about laughing at the farce. Not now - we've all gone mad with P.C propaganda worming it's way into every conceivable situation where the merest hint of offence or perceived injury reults in everything being closed down. I'm not blaming the club on this issue as they have to work within the "Guidelines", but for God's sake, when is the country going to wake up from sleepwalking into a state of zero tolerance? Getting time again for this grumpy old man to emigrate!:D

Redraine, I am using "Legal speak" I know it was not a missile, same as Jase was not "Drunk, or Disorderly!" :) But, that is what they say!!

I am with you all the way, nowt went on, but some of the officials just wanted to ensure that their wages were justified :rolleyes: IMO :)

As I was walking to my car on The Crown carpark, there were two young kids next to me - 8/10 years old - one of them had a small flag in his hand - rolled up - as he was walking near to the mounted Police, one of the horses reared up, the mount shouted/screamed to the flag holding boy "STOP WAVING THAT FLAG" He was holding a rolled up flag!! No control of the horse, so blame a 10 year old kid!!!!!

Anyway enough, tomorrow sees us play the 2nd Team this week, that we have never played before, long may this dream continue :)

Larry Lobster 27-08-2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The FSF (Post 840841)
Hello all

Amanda

An interesting post. Quite alarming, if also comforting to realise that this issue has now obviously become of national interest.

From my seat in the main stand i only witnessed the actions of the stewards towards the geordie fans. The guy who jumped over the wall to celebrate Newcastle's 2nd goal, although daft as a brush for doing it, was most definately mistreated by the stewards, one of whom had him headlocked as he dragged him away. I remember thinking at the time, that the actions of this steward could have caused a riot. In fairness the rest of the Geordie fans just gave him verbal abuse and didn't react against the stewards. Fair play to them for that.

I hope that those involved at the Clayton End after the match, take the advice of Amanda's post and contact her. The over reaction of both stewards and police should not have to be tolerated.

DAV007 27-08-2010 20:36

CEF

your new on here and your clearly a steward

you talk alot of crap

no one was drunk

20 or 30 people where not running at the police, they where climbing over chairs, walking down steps, ducking under bars - you make it sound like a stampede

no one ran at any stewards, the stewards decided to get involved on their own accord

There is a difference between backing a blokes character and condoning illegal activity.
There is also a commercial interest, as the club potentially could lose alot of fans from a young generation, this would also have a knock on effect on the teams performance as their is a direct link towards the boost the players recieve from the fans noise and the intimidation an away keeper/player feels playing in front of the clayton end.

intimidation of away players and officials is a positive thing, it occurs at every football ground to varying degrees.
Never get a penalty at old trafford, anfield or stoke?
pleas dont link intimidation to throwing till rolls, again incase you didnt read it, the till rolls where designed to leave an effect in the goal nets with the rolls hanging down, as seen in many football grounds across europe. It looks impressive.

Its convienent and 100% false for the police/stewards to link till roll throwing to an incient 40 minutes later, which the police and stewards instigated.

one thing the new stewards have been unable to understand or accept, the ultras and the fans in general at accrington self govern and sort out any problems.
This is a unique positive set up.

Dont forget, stewards are their to act as police on the cheap, collect their minimum wage, do a fake NVQ and fulfil their egos.

btw - i just like everyone else was searched by a line of stewards going into the ground. they are useless.

pathetic.

I would love to meet you.

VALAIRIAN 27-08-2010 20:41

DAV007, that has got to be the most sense that you have ever typed!!!! Respect :mosher: :)

Bagpuss 27-08-2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 840914)

I would love to meet you.

I bet you would because she is a woman.

Larry Lobster 27-08-2010 20:57

Stewards are being hammered on this thread, and for very good reason. Their behavioir the other night seemed to have approval from someone. The Police?, The club? who knows, but it wasn't acceptable by any standards.

By contrast, i went to Doncaster for the 1st round and was body searched on entering the ground there. The difference being, i was approached in a respectful manner by a steward with a smile on his face who made light of his task. His approach wasn't intimidating in the slightest and i willingly obliged. I entered the ground to find the rest of the stewards just as accomadating.

The stance of the stewards on Wednesday night was most definately one of "we are up for a ruck" and was both intimidating and inflamatory. This is something the club must consider when they next employ external stewards.