Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   FANs not criminals!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fans-not-criminals-54628.html)

Mik Griff 26-08-2010 16:14

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Exactly, Farcical.

Exile on Spencer St 26-08-2010 16:16

You'd think, with the benefit of CCTV, the police would be able to spot the few hooligans intent on fighting. It's dead easy at Stanley, they tend to wear fluorescent jackets.

If someone was seen throwing punches, whatever 'uniform' they were wearing, those who witnessed it (if not felt it) should make an official complaint to the police. If you get soft-soaped, take it further.
Lancashire Constabulary
Contact the Police Authority.
Lancashire Police Authority .: Malcolm Doherty

If a steward was seen assaulting somone, then the club should be informed, with evidence and witness statements, and the club should make an official report to the fuzz and take some action against one of its paid employees for aggravated customer service.

Boycott Cheltenham? How is Heys intending to act if the Ultras boycott The Crown?

barrowaberdeen 26-08-2010 16:26

Jase and the SU are known and respected throughout the land for their passionate support of the club. It's honestly one of the single things football people know about your area! It's also well known that the SU are nothing like a hooligan firm.

There are many fans all over the country being banned for draconian, idiotic reasons, and if Jase is banned when this comes to court, this will be right up there with the more ridiculous ones.

To the imbecile stewards and police, you are about to irrevocably damage one of the most positive movements at ASFC. For once, show some common sense and step back.

No to Modern Football

UB08

katei77 26-08-2010 16:28

i for one will be taking the events of last night further

after jase n danny were taken away i went back to the clayton end steps while the police were removing ppl from the stand i stood and waitied to see one of our own stewards to ask to remove the bobby flag as it had broken free and police had be heard to say they would rip it down!

was not having that after all the time effect and money it cost

asked phil the steward if i could remove it as he stood next to the pitch wall with police on the other side he clearly said i could remove it and even said he would get a few others to help

he opened his arms to allow me pass but then i was grapped my the throat and forced backwards by a police man he then went for phil screaming and shouting that he was not capable of be a steward he let go of me and told me i had 2mins to get the flag

the flag was removed with the help of phil and a couple of our own stewards

phil walked me towards the exit but he was order by the same police man who had me by my thoart to get over the wall now he was then taken over the wall by the police

my 16yr old son was kicked by a horse on the crown carpark and when another person asked for help they were told we wont phone 999 you do it and its a horse it can do what it likes!

im very sore and unable to move my neck on way to docs soon

just hope phil doesnt lose his postion as one of our own stewards for defening a fan

yonmon 26-08-2010 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 840484)
You'd think, with the benefit of CCTV, the police would be able to spot the few hooligans intent on fighting. It's dead easy at Stanley, they tend to wear fluorescent jackets.

If someone was seen throwing punches, whatever 'uniform' they were wearing, those who witnessed it (if not felt it) should make an official complaint to the police. If you get soft-soaped, take it further.
Lancashire Constabulary
Contact the Police Authority.
Lancashire Police Authority .: Malcolm Doherty

If a steward was seen assaulting somone, then the club should be informed, with evidence and witness statements, and the club should make an official report to the fuzz and take some action against one of its paid employees for aggravated customer service.

Boycott Cheltenham? How is Heys intending to act if the Ultras boycott The Crown?

Is it not time Exile that HE or someone else must issue a definitive statement regarding the Club's role in this
matter, which, reading the damning posts on this thread, is now escalating towards chaos at an alarming rate ?.
The Club Stewards, 'Hired Thugs', and Local Police were obviously poorly briefed, if briefed at all, regarding the traditions and usual behaviour of the Fans on The Clayton End....and their response was, I am afraid, almost predictable... ( Do as you see fit Lads!!).
Someone at The Club is accountable for this debacle, and thus the Club, acting responsibly, should make a pronouncement on the matter...the sooner the better, for chaos has a way of quickly becoming anarchy !!..

Oldgobbin 26-08-2010 17:07

I repeat, the man in charge is Mick Sch.... Sch .... Sh... Shhh... (I'm saying nothing) Schultz! Mr Shhhhhhhhh....... we await your comments.

yonmon 26-08-2010 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 840495)
I repeat, the man in charge is Mick Sch.... Sch .... Sh... Shhh... (I'm saying nothing) Schultz! Mr Shhhhhhhhh....... we await your comments.

Isn't it sad OG..that the 'feelgood-factor' which the two of us so obviously shared last evening has within 24 Hours almost totally evaporated due to these disastrous events which have overtaken the two of us...and I suspect a multitude of Supporters who enjoyed the efforts of our Team ?.

There has, I suspect, much harm been done already, with more to follow I'm afraid !. Damage , which we must all hope, is not irreparable !.

I am disappointed, sad, and apprehensive !

Oldgobbin 26-08-2010 17:31

Absolutely, Yonmon. One can only hope that someone will quickly take steps to minimise that harm. I don't know if banning orders are imposed by the police or the club, but, if it is the club and, if indeed Jason Graham is subject to a banning order, it will be one of the most retrograde steps Stanley could take. Yes, the man's passion occasionally pushes him a bit too far, but supporters such as him are few and far between. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he is an important part of the lifeblood of Accrington Stanley Football Club. This is precisely why I want to hear what our Uberstewardfuhrer has to say.

Larry Lobster 26-08-2010 17:36

So much for the new wave of transparency from within the club. What's changed? Absolutely nothing seems to be the answer. No official statement of the events of last weekend, last nights "club sponsored" attack on paying customers. It just gets worse!!

Far from winning new fans last night for the display on the pitch, the club have succeeded in likely putting a stop to any further support for the team from the Clayton End.

The club MUST study CCTV of the event, and make it clear that they are going to do just this. There should have been a statement of intent already. The club should back a campaign to insist Jason Graham does not receive any sort of banning order and actually receives an apology from both Lancs police and the Tin Pot "thugs r us" stewarding company.

Sort this out today Accrington Stanley FC or lose the support that stands this small club head and shoulders above the rest. Ignore it and the route back to the Evo-Stik League begins.

Alarmist and knee Jerk reaction? Well Maybe, but the clubs paid employees ruined the best night in the clubs history.:mad:

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 840448)
Just wondering SM...but would this attack on the Clayton End have taken place if Ilyas had been standing with his favourite Fans at the time ??.

I would say yes Yonmon, as I watched it happen, I knew what was coming and it was almost as if they knew what they were doing!!!! Other people, doing similar at the same time, in the same place, were drinking in The Crown 15 mins later!!!!!!

RWB 26-08-2010 18:16

Firstly let me start by saying that the atmosphere and the game were fantastic last night. I don't attend every game but do manage quite a few over the season both home & away. The Stanley Ultra's as usual in fine voice and as i tend to stand in the midst of them i hear and feel pretty much everything!!!
Last night as with the Fulham game permission was given to throw the rolls onto the pitch before the start of the game, when it's done it looks pretty impressive. What i have to say though that a few just behind & to the left of me continued to throw them on once the game had started, you could see that Dunbavin was not impressed that it kept happening in the first half and then in the second half it was even worse and i must congratulate Krul for not reacting, eveytime he seemed to tall a goal kick one was thrown at him. Now i know a couple may have had a little too much to drink and thought it was funny but it's against the rules to throw things onto a pitch once a game has commenced. The cops then turned up to walk along the front of the clayton end and someone threw something at them! At the end of the match they approached guy (sorry don't know him but i'm presuming this may be Danny) and asked him to put down the flag, they then cuffed him i turned to my friend and immediatley said they can't be arresting him for waving a flag it must've been him that kept throwing things. If thats the case then he can't really have too many complaints. Next i saw Jase run over the followed by the rest of us to see what was going on, I presume Jase had gone to find out what was going on to try and diffuse the situation and because of that he's ended up getting arrested himself. What i saw from the stewards was a complete over reaction and to anyone that was man handled i'd be contacting the club to view their CCTV and taking any steward to court and doing them for ABH (give someone a yellow jacket and they seem to think they have the right to do as they please). I really hope Jase does not get banned it would be a great shame after all the effort he has put in over the years ( apologies to all other SU's but i only recognise him).
Sorry for such a long post but from what i saw it looks like they we're quite happy to let us continue chanting and everything was ok until the first arrest then it all went pete tong.
Although the vast majority behaved and enjoyed the game as usual it may be the the extremely small minority that may have pushed it a little too far!!!

yonmon 26-08-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840504)
I would say yes Yonmon, as I watched it happen, I knew what was coming and it was almost as if they knew what they were doing!!!! Other people, doing similar at the same time, in the same place, were drinking in The Crown 15 mins later!!!!!!

Point taken Val ! ....the more information posted from a trusted standpoint makes it easier to form an accurate picture...and consequent opinion !!...

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 18:41

Fundraising - Tess Sullivan.

Yesterday evening a bucket collection took place for a very special little girl, Tess Sullivan and her family.

Three-year old Tess is one of just 50 children in the world suffering from a rare terminal condition called Alexander’s disease, a genetic degenerative disorder which dramatically reduces life expectancy. This bucket collection was to raise money to go towards creating as many memorable experiences for the family as possible.

With your help and generous donations family and friends of Tess Sullivan raised a FANtastic £1,276.16 at our Carling Cup tie against Newcastle United last night! Helen & Steve, parents of Tess want to thank everyone who reached into their pockets to help and raise money to fund a trip of a lifetime!

For any further donations or fundraising opportunities please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Fox on 01254 356957 or email [email protected]

Copied from Official Site............

We (Inc. Geordies!!) raise over £1200 for a little girl, on a night when we have to pay £20 to watch our Team and £4 for a programme!!

For this generousity and kindness, we are rewarded by "Gestapo" tactics, which see one of our "Greatest assests" cuffed and man-handle
d!!!

I wonder if these "Stewards" where at Gresty Road???? :confused: :rolleyes:

katei77 26-08-2010 18:50

at least sum good came outta the night

wishing the little girl all the best

jaysay 26-08-2010 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840528)
at least sum good came outta the night

wishing the little girl all the best

Got a mention on the TV too, was her brother the mascot?