Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   FANs not criminals!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fans-not-criminals-54628.html)

maccawozzagod 27-08-2010 11:18

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

its all well and good pointing out ground rules etc but they count for nowt when stewards start throwing punches. Eject people by all means, and no-one is above the law, but it doesn't take 4 people and headlocks to do that. People WILL ALWAYS stand by their friends and family when undue violence is shown.

lancsdave 27-08-2010 11:18

[quote=Outback Ozzy;840727]Oh and by the way, I may have used the term 'wade' loosely, quote]

Funny how we all read it differently, I thought it was a pun with reference to Virginia Wade :D

cashman 27-08-2010 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 840748)
its all well and good pointing out ground rules etc but they count for nowt when stewards start throwing punches. Eject people by all means, and no-one is above the law, but it doesn't take 4 people and headlocks to do that. People WILL ALWAYS stand by their friends and family when undue violence is shown.

i agree n ya don't need to have had a drink to not tolerate that, cos i can't drink n i sure as hell wouldn't tolerate it, n whilst i understand how little the club are able to say, theres nowt in my mind that says they cannot comment on what if any investigation they are making into the actions of SOME of the louts brought in as temporary stewards.:rolleyes:

katei77 27-08-2010 11:25

yes the threat of jase n danny be banned is something we have to fight after everything jase and su have done for the club we can not just sit back....the display on wed wouldnt of happened without them both jase and danny put in the hrs preparing the display along with other members of su

but this is not just about their ban its about how we fans were treated as a whole

the events where i was attacked by a police officer while a steward was allowing me pass should not of happened nor should a police officer refuse to assit a 16yr old lad when he has be kicked by a police horse refusing to even look at his injuries and telling another fan to call 999 he wouldnt the police officers words were"its a horse it can do what it likes"

yes the fight to stop the ban is top but it also the way other fans were treated i am sure i was not the only one who was treated unfairly

as the title says FANS NOT CRIMINALS

Billy Casper 27-08-2010 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 840740)
I stand corrected, my partner in crime has just pointed out that they were thrown from outside the ground and I apologise for this error.

It is a good job you where not in the control room, can you imagine the carnage if you had given the order to "Wade" into a stand full of innocent Geordies:eek:.

shrimper 27-08-2010 12:00

Jase - good luck, mate. If you need any character-witness type support, you know where we are!

Your Morecambe mates.

CEF 27-08-2010 12:13

Yonman thanks for clearing it up even managed to answer my own question :) To be honest i don't think it would placate some of the fans.
There are obviously 2 issues that need to be addressed and i have a feeling i may upset 1 or 2 people i apologise in advance

1 The arrests - it may not count for much what Jase and Danny have done for Stanley in the past and yes they have done a fantastic amount but If they are deemed to have broken any laws with regards to entering a football match then they will be punished. Whether that will be a ban or not remains to be seen! The club may not be able to do much yes they can send character references but if Mr Judge on the day is that way out then it might not make any difference and it's all well and good saying 1st offense etc sometimes football laws/rules do not take this into account apparently it seems all football fans are a completely different species to the rest of the human race!! In this day and age unfortunately previous good character does not seem to count for much. I am hoping that bans are not enforced as Jase seems to be the life and soul of the Clayton End :)

The Stewards/Police - SOME not all have overacted and each individual that has been affected should do what ever it takes to make sure that it is dealt with in the correct manner

Unfortunately what was seen by a few as harmless fun has now seen their actions escalate into the anger of how it was then dealt with by the officials.

Arrest - correct if offense commited (and someone did whether it was Danny or not yet needs to be proved in a court of law)

You can be sure that in future games that Stanley will no longer allow the throwing of till rolls onto the pitch!!!!

Exile on Spencer St 27-08-2010 12:14

However laudable and deserved is the support for Jason, I'm not sure how many magistrates spend time on Facebook.
Find out who's actaully defending him in court and let them know you are willing to act as a witness for defence.

As to the police, if you have a genuine complaint one, use their channels.
Lancashire Police Authority .: Register Views
But don't expect much joy. Without shoulder numbers and documentary evidence, you'll not get far.
Email individual members of the Police Authority, who are supposed to respresent you, not the Police, and ask them to explain how the behaviour on Wednesday night satisfies the Police's pledge to you and me.
http://www.lancashire.police.uk/admi...E%20Poster.pdf

But the main thing to remember about this debacle is that throwing till rolls at people on the pitch, if this is what happened, is pretty stupid thing to do. Whoever did it (if at all) has screwed up Jason, not the coppers.

sparkie 27-08-2010 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 840748)

I can say through prior knowledge of being deputy chief steward at stanley and having taken my Level2 Event and Matchday stewarding (and passed!), that at no point are you told that grabbing people in a headlck or striking them in any manner is acceptable. In fact the only manner of restraint they endorse you using is a standard arm bar and if you are met with further resistance them this should be turned into a double arm bar (by a second person) at which point this can then be used to 'force' the person into a position where they are walking doubled over. If this is meeting further resistance then they tell you to call in police support.

Having thrown various fans out from various clubs (including some of our own) I can safely say that I never had to grab anyone by the head/neck to get the job done.

shrimper 27-08-2010 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF (Post 840771)
Yonman thanks for clearing it up even managed to answer my own question :) To be honest i don't think it would placate some of the fans.
There are obviously 2 issues that need to be addressed and i have a feeling i may upset 1 or 2 people i apologise in advance

1 The arrests - it may not count for much what Jase and Danny have done for Stanley in the past and yes they have done a fantastic amount but If they are deemed to have broken any laws with regards to entering a football match then they will be punished. Whether that will be a ban or not remains to be seen! The club may not be able to do much yes they can send character references but if Mr Judge on the day is that way out then it might not make any difference and it's all well and good saying 1st offense etc sometimes football laws/rules do not take this into account apparently it seems all football fans are a completely different species to the rest of the human race!! In this day and age unfortunately previous good character does not seem to count for much. I am hoping that bans are not enforced as Jase seems to be the life and soul of the Clayton End :)

The Stewards/Police - SOME not all have overacted and each individual that has been affected should do what ever it takes to make sure that it is dealt with in the correct manner

Unfortunately what was seen by a few as harmless fun has now seen their actions escalate into the anger of how it was then dealt with by the officials.

Arrest - correct if offense commited (and someone did whether it was Danny or not yet needs to be proved in a court of law)

You can be sure that in future games that Stanley will no longer allow the throwing of till rolls onto the pitch!!!!

You make some good points but as much character reference/witness type stuff as can be accumulated and presented to the right people may help mitigate any punishment.

It may (though I think it's a long shot, given the publicity this has already attracted) also persuade the CPS to stop short of a full criminal charge.

This is a real 'there but for the grace of God' issue as far as I'm concerned personally.
I was once grabbed by five burly coppers in London after watching my 'other' team Spurs win the FA Cup against Forest.
They 'said' they'd had a tip-off that someone matching my description was carrying a knife (all bollocks, they just wanted to break up a rather big - but well-behaved group outside a West End pub and throw their weight around a bit).
I refused to go with them round the back into an alleyway, where they said they wanted to 'interview' me away from the rest of my mates.
I refused but, because I hadn't by that stage had much to drink, was able to do so rationally - explaining politely that they were frightening me and they could do whatever searches they wanted in open view of lots of people, with my complete consent (ie the only thing I was 'resisting' was going with a gang of coppers into an alleyway - I was careful to point out that I wasn't resisting 'arrest' because they didn't have any reason to arrest me until they'd searched me - with which I was fully prepared to co-operate).
Had I had a few more - or had they pushed the issue more forcibly, I'd probably have a criminal record by now.

Good luck, lads.

CEF 27-08-2010 12:30

I was stood with the Ultra's and yes someone definatley threw till rolls onto the pitch after the whistle blew and continued to do so especially when Krul was taking his goal kicks. The police then came and walked along the front of the Clayton End possibly as a warning to say look enough's enough someone from the crowd then threw something towards said police. At the time the police did not take action (who would in such a packed and confined area) They waited til end of match and then made the arrest this is when everything escalated.
Up until this point no officials made any movement to remove any of us still chanting merilly away at the end of the game.

The arrest is the instigator in all this, then the rush of some to try and find out whats going on hasn't helped, innocent people have then been caught up by over zealous officials

yonmon 27-08-2010 12:40

[quote=asfc0811;840732[COLOR=Red]]Because the tennis balls were thrown from BEHIND the Whinney Hill - outside the ground[[/COLOR]/quote]

Which would have called for an extremely 'good-arm'..and the navigational accuracy of an Exocet Missile !.

caretaker 27-08-2010 12:46

I noticed that two policemen were taking photographs with a telephoto lens and a video camera of the Ultras during the game. They may have some incriminating evidence of people throwing missiles (till rolls) during the game, more arrests may follow. (hopefully not)

Outback Ozzy 27-08-2010 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Casper (Post 840760)
It is a good job you where not in the control room, can you imagine the carnage if you had given the order to "Wade" into a stand full of innocent Geordies:eek:.

As you quite correctly pointed out in a previous quote, I was on the gates on that evening, so being in the control room is never going to happen. BTW do you have any qualifications in being a steward at a sports arena, I do. What about the other comments you have quoted me on, nothing to say on them?

Instead of quoting me, why not use your own words for a change. At least I owned up to making a mistake on the board. BTW I happen to have quite a few Geordie friends and relatives so please give it a rest eh!

Bagpuss 27-08-2010 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 840784)
I noticed that two policemen were taking photographs with a telephoto lens and a video camera of the Ultras during the game. They may have some incriminating evidence of people throwing missiles (till rolls) during the game, more arrests may follow. (hopefully not)

They were called in by that fat, bald, "look at me I'm a chief steward it's on my jacket so I'm important" person.:rolleyes: