Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   FANs not criminals!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fans-not-criminals-54628.html)

VALAIRIAN 25-08-2010 23:29

FANs not criminals!!!!

It is in the title, one of the biggest nights in our history and for it to end up like that, it was an utter disgrace.................:mad:

DAV007 25-08-2010 23:34

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Agreed.
Lanc's police and on-hire stewards caused the whole thing and didnt know how to put out the fire they started.
Tin pot security.

MCR ADIM 25-08-2010 23:37

too many cooks spoil the broth

DAV007 25-08-2010 23:42

I wonder what will be the police excuse and/or mick shultz reasons for the police over reaction?
Ive got no faith in our club standing upto the police and amature stewards they hired. Just look at leeds and cheltenham last year, the club let them both slip under the carpet and didnt try and get us any justice.

K.S.H 25-08-2010 23:44

Well i cant say what i think due to censorship on here, coppers n stewards tonight were a disgrace at the end w anchors

Roy 25-08-2010 23:52

K.S.H. - Please say what you think, there will be no censorship of these events. A fantastic night that was enjoyed by all was ruined by a few. The truth needs to be told.

Derulooo 26-08-2010 02:19

made a massive thing out of nothing!!! disgrace the police were a joke and i didnt half tell them!!

lancsdave 26-08-2010 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 840317)
I wonder what will be the police excuse

They don't need one, football matches don't come under the law of the land where they are concerned.

Neil 26-08-2010 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 840318)
Well i cant say what i think due to censorship on here....

We only censor the language used when needed :D

K.S.H 26-08-2010 08:24

It was language I was referring to when I said censorship

Billy Casper 26-08-2010 08:36

" however as a gate steward for tonights momentous occasion"

"why did someone not wade into the Whinney Hill away stand when United fans were throwing tennis balls on to the pitch"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Quotes from a member on here, is the word 'WADE' a codeword used by stewards.

Stanleymad 26-08-2010 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 840320)
K.S.H. - Please say what you think, there will be no censorship of these events. A fantastic night that was enjoyed by all was ruined by a few. The truth needs to be told.

Thanks Roy :D makes job easier as in case I get a call :)

jaysay 26-08-2010 08:51

Unfortunately I don't know what went on as I only watch the match on TV, and switched to watch another program at full time, I know the commentator was less thank endearing all through the match, actually calling this an impoverished area, and was less than complimentary about the masses of streamers which were thrown on the field at half time:(

cmonstanley 26-08-2010 09:00

they dont call them the premiersh~~~ for nothing boycott sky i say, but well take their money;):p

Neil 26-08-2010 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 840363)
It was language I was referring to when I said censorship

I thought it might have been

jaysay 26-08-2010 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 840375)
they dont call them the premiersh~~~ for nothing boycott sky i say, but well take their money;):p

Hypocrite:tongueout

Red-Osbornello 26-08-2010 09:56

Unfortunately I can't quite recall what happened first due to a bit of tunnel vision. From my recollection we were all just singing along proud of the teams performance (just as we did vs Fulham - there were no problems then??) and all of a sudden the stewards got impatient and moved in. I don't know what happened down at the far side at first but we moved in to try and calm things down and at various points some lads were being restrained by stewards in a brutal manner (around the neck etc etc) and then they moved in from the side pushing everyone towards the gate and yanking people about... I even saw one teenage lad on the verge of tears after being yanked head first over 3 rows of seats - then they had the audacity [no idea if that's spelt correctly :rolleyes:] to tell us not to swear in front of kids. The police got involved a bit, but it was still the stewards who were the real villains (as was proved when one went face to face with a copper). The horseback police were generally ok up at the crown afterward asking us about what stewards did and advising us to inform the club on individual stewards. That's all I can remember I'm afraid, hope it helps with the combined recollection of events...

DAV007 26-08-2010 10:09

I find it ironic,
football cubs and grounds have a zero tolerance to foul and abusive language, the people paid out of tax payers money to enforce this law are the ones with the foulest mouths.
I have never heard so much swearing and it came out of the lancashire police mouths!
And the swearing was the least of their offences.

fattypig 26-08-2010 10:12

I have been watching stanley now for about 20 years, what i saw last night was a disgrace, it about time that set of supporter had a meeting with the law, they break so many ground rules that any other club would ban them. The reason we have to get other stewards in is becuse our stewards are not good enough to handle big games, I hope that the few supporters that let us down last night dont manage to get us a big fine and undo all good work that the club has done in trying to keep accrington stanley safe from money worries.

DAV007 26-08-2010 10:16

fattypig

1 post wonder

come on admit it, your one of the thug stewards?

FAKE

cashman 26-08-2010 10:18

just what i wondered. mind ya its easy to find out if ya check.

fattypig 26-08-2010 10:29

Busted ! im not on hear to tell the right or wrong on how us stewards are supposed to steward a football match. I have worked a stanley now for 3 seasons me personally have never had a problem with any stanley supporters, i have great respect for many of supporter's it was a bad night for all at the club. some stewards were very poor and the police where bang out of order. I have symphony with you all

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 840405)
fattypig

1 post wonder

come on admit it, your one of the thug stewards?

FAKE

I bet he's that fat, bald, look at me I'm a chief steward idiot that got the police involved in the first place, your card is marked dude.:mad:

jaysay 26-08-2010 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 840408)
I bet he's that fat, bald, look at me I'm a chief steward idiot that got the police involved in the first place, your card is marked dude.:mad:

Guess you don't like the guy much Baggy:rolleyes:

DAV007 26-08-2010 10:42

if your the female head steward with the big baps, your welcome to hang around

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 840412)
Guess you don't like the guy much Baggy:rolleyes:

No, I saw him giving the police a load of bull with about 15 mins to go, idiots like him have now cost Stanley their proud record regarding arrests at home games.:mad:

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 840413)
if your the female head steward with the big baps, your welcome to hang around

Without giving names away he is not a woman isn't that right TB?:cool:

yonmon 26-08-2010 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 840406)
just what i wondered. mind ya its easy to find out if ya check.

As I didn't witness all that has been reported so far Cashy, but having heard a first-hand account of it all from a member of my family,So I must find it difficult to involve myself in any fault finding or recriminations..BUT...

I do question the Remit which those in charge of security at our Club must give to Stewards who are hired ad-hoc for 'special' occasions, and ask if this gives them carte-blanche to manhandle and abuse others ?. Then there is the question of what constitutes such an emergency so that 'strong-arm tactics' need to be used ?.and which supremo has the power to take the decision to employ physical force if this is deemed to be necessary ?. and is he qualified to make and give the order for a Steward to Physically abuse a Soccer Fan ?.

It worried me a little at one point to see the Stewards resorting to putting one Newcastle United Fan in a Headlock, and forcing another one's Arm up his back without a moments hesitation as the two of them celebrated a United goal..albeit by encroaching onto the pitch. This knee-jerk reaction of this application of brutish behaviour to non-violent offences seemed to outline a more sinister development in the Security psyche at The Crown which must be the cause of concern to many Supporters !..

It might, and even more sinister still, indicate a weakness in our Society which sees unnecessary Physical
violence towards others as 'the norm '...
But 'The Crown' is definately not the place for Professional Yobs and Thugs to get a bit of training in !!....

Long-winded again ??..

Stanleymad 26-08-2010 12:24

This is seriously gonna effect the support this season with the ultras now.

yonmon 26-08-2010 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 840440)

Just wondering SM...but would this attack on the Clayton End have taken place if Ilyas had been standing with his favourite Fans at the time ??.

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 13:33

I think it would !!!

Stanleymad 26-08-2010 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 840448)
Just wondering SM...but would this attack on the Clayton End have taken place if Ilyas had been standing with his favourite Fans at the time ??.

I very much doubt it he would of sued their backsides or boxed em :eek::D

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 840440)

Not just the Ultras, anyone gets banned and I for one won't be back this season, promise.:(

Redraine 26-08-2010 13:37

Disgusting news - I hear that Jase has been handed a three year banning order. Surely there must be an appeal? The man who has almost single-handedly inspired the best support of any team in the league and is one very big factor in Stanley's rise up the ladder?

Stanleymad 26-08-2010 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 840452)
Not just the Ultras, anyone gets banned and I for one won't be back this season, promise.:(

It'll be a deathly silence............more atmosphere in a morgue & thats no good, its all for one and one for all del ultra.

glosterred 26-08-2010 13:51

reading this thread from a far i cant comment on last nights events but you dont have to look far on football forums to find examples of poor stewarding across the country. it appears that for SOME donning a flourescent jacket makes them think they are above the law and can assault who ever they like with little or no provocation and get away with it. very often this attitude inflames and provokes a situation where a little tact and common sense would have sorted things but SOME "security" staff actually relish a bit of trouble. these people do a disservice to good stewards, are a danger to the vast majority of well behaved supporters and they need to be identified and removed from their positions . stanley doesnt need them football doesnt need them and other stewards dont need them.

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 840453)
Disgusting news - I hear that Jase has been handed a three year banning order. Surely there must be an appeal? The man who has almost single-handedly inspired the best support of any team in the league and is one very big factor in Stanley's rise up the ladder?

Oh well that's it then:(:mad::(

st06nc2 26-08-2010 14:25

someone needs to call the racist card

Doug 26-08-2010 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 840453)

I can only say that if this true and I don’t doubt what you say Redraine; then it should be Jase who decides the next course of Action, and we should respect his decision as to how he wants people to respond.

Personally I would want a banner Champaign calling for the lifting of the banning order by the club and sanctions against the perpetrator of the original incident.

Those who run the club have got to beware of the Ultras input into the Clubs off pitch prestige and the pivotal role played by Jase.

There must be plenty of CCTV evidence of the incident, is this available for public scrutiny? If there was any deliberate aggression by any Stanley Supporter then the full weight of the Law, Club and the Family of Fans should be brought down on them.

Doug 26-08-2010 14:32

Jase; come on and let us know whats going on lad.

BedsRed 26-08-2010 14:32

Unbelievable. Stopped watching the game at the final whistle thinking that the team and supporters had both put on the kind of show that would hopefully have some of those who came yesterday flocking back, only to find that, once again, the club has loaded the shotgun, pointed to their own feet and pulled the trigger.

Irrespective of who gets banned (and surely that can't be right), the events of last night will do nothing to attract families to the Crown Ground.

There needs to be an urgent review of what went wrong at the club and if heads need to roll, so be it.

I know that a lot of people on here are unsure what a Community Club actually entails, but I would have thought that one of the fundemental elements is that it's employees don't attack or assault members of the community.

Time for the new boss to show his mettle, I think...

Oldgobbin 26-08-2010 14:37

Once again, few people seem to point the finger at the man who is in charge of the stewards. Last time there was stewarding trouble, I called upon Mr Schultz to make a statement for, after all, he is the Head Honcho with the walkie-talkie who, I presume, has some degree of control over what happens. Once again I would ask him to make a statement or, failing that, do the honourable thing.

shillelagh 26-08-2010 14:48

this in the telegraph ...

Five arrests after Accrington Stanley v Newcastle (From Lancashire Telegraph)

cashman 26-08-2010 14:56

If jason has been banned this is disgraceful,whilst we may not always see eye to eye, i know the guy is NO HOOLIGAN, n has done more to promote goodwill between opposing fans than any of these ******* that have got him banned.:mad:

Redraine 26-08-2010 16:13

"A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “The match had been a wonderful occasion with the majority of fans in really good spirits, which became marred by a small group of people becoming hostile towards the police following the arrest of a man for an earlier incident.”
What earlier incident? Throwing a toilet roll???

Mik Griff 26-08-2010 16:14

Exactly, Farcical.

Exile on Spencer St 26-08-2010 16:16

You'd think, with the benefit of CCTV, the police would be able to spot the few hooligans intent on fighting. It's dead easy at Stanley, they tend to wear fluorescent jackets.

If someone was seen throwing punches, whatever 'uniform' they were wearing, those who witnessed it (if not felt it) should make an official complaint to the police. If you get soft-soaped, take it further.
Lancashire Constabulary
Contact the Police Authority.
Lancashire Police Authority .: Malcolm Doherty

If a steward was seen assaulting somone, then the club should be informed, with evidence and witness statements, and the club should make an official report to the fuzz and take some action against one of its paid employees for aggravated customer service.

Boycott Cheltenham? How is Heys intending to act if the Ultras boycott The Crown?

barrowaberdeen 26-08-2010 16:26

Jase and the SU are known and respected throughout the land for their passionate support of the club. It's honestly one of the single things football people know about your area! It's also well known that the SU are nothing like a hooligan firm.

There are many fans all over the country being banned for draconian, idiotic reasons, and if Jase is banned when this comes to court, this will be right up there with the more ridiculous ones.

To the imbecile stewards and police, you are about to irrevocably damage one of the most positive movements at ASFC. For once, show some common sense and step back.

No to Modern Football

UB08

katei77 26-08-2010 16:28

i for one will be taking the events of last night further

after jase n danny were taken away i went back to the clayton end steps while the police were removing ppl from the stand i stood and waitied to see one of our own stewards to ask to remove the bobby flag as it had broken free and police had be heard to say they would rip it down!

was not having that after all the time effect and money it cost

asked phil the steward if i could remove it as he stood next to the pitch wall with police on the other side he clearly said i could remove it and even said he would get a few others to help

he opened his arms to allow me pass but then i was grapped my the throat and forced backwards by a police man he then went for phil screaming and shouting that he was not capable of be a steward he let go of me and told me i had 2mins to get the flag

the flag was removed with the help of phil and a couple of our own stewards

phil walked me towards the exit but he was order by the same police man who had me by my thoart to get over the wall now he was then taken over the wall by the police

my 16yr old son was kicked by a horse on the crown carpark and when another person asked for help they were told we wont phone 999 you do it and its a horse it can do what it likes!

im very sore and unable to move my neck on way to docs soon

just hope phil doesnt lose his postion as one of our own stewards for defening a fan

yonmon 26-08-2010 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 840484)
You'd think, with the benefit of CCTV, the police would be able to spot the few hooligans intent on fighting. It's dead easy at Stanley, they tend to wear fluorescent jackets.

If someone was seen throwing punches, whatever 'uniform' they were wearing, those who witnessed it (if not felt it) should make an official complaint to the police. If you get soft-soaped, take it further.
Lancashire Constabulary
Contact the Police Authority.
Lancashire Police Authority .: Malcolm Doherty

If a steward was seen assaulting somone, then the club should be informed, with evidence and witness statements, and the club should make an official report to the fuzz and take some action against one of its paid employees for aggravated customer service.

Boycott Cheltenham? How is Heys intending to act if the Ultras boycott The Crown?

Is it not time Exile that HE or someone else must issue a definitive statement regarding the Club's role in this
matter, which, reading the damning posts on this thread, is now escalating towards chaos at an alarming rate ?.
The Club Stewards, 'Hired Thugs', and Local Police were obviously poorly briefed, if briefed at all, regarding the traditions and usual behaviour of the Fans on The Clayton End....and their response was, I am afraid, almost predictable... ( Do as you see fit Lads!!).
Someone at The Club is accountable for this debacle, and thus the Club, acting responsibly, should make a pronouncement on the matter...the sooner the better, for chaos has a way of quickly becoming anarchy !!..

Oldgobbin 26-08-2010 17:07

I repeat, the man in charge is Mick Sch.... Sch .... Sh... Shhh... (I'm saying nothing) Schultz! Mr Shhhhhhhhh....... we await your comments.

yonmon 26-08-2010 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 840495)
I repeat, the man in charge is Mick Sch.... Sch .... Sh... Shhh... (I'm saying nothing) Schultz! Mr Shhhhhhhhh....... we await your comments.

Isn't it sad OG..that the 'feelgood-factor' which the two of us so obviously shared last evening has within 24 Hours almost totally evaporated due to these disastrous events which have overtaken the two of us...and I suspect a multitude of Supporters who enjoyed the efforts of our Team ?.

There has, I suspect, much harm been done already, with more to follow I'm afraid !. Damage , which we must all hope, is not irreparable !.

I am disappointed, sad, and apprehensive !

Oldgobbin 26-08-2010 17:31

Absolutely, Yonmon. One can only hope that someone will quickly take steps to minimise that harm. I don't know if banning orders are imposed by the police or the club, but, if it is the club and, if indeed Jason Graham is subject to a banning order, it will be one of the most retrograde steps Stanley could take. Yes, the man's passion occasionally pushes him a bit too far, but supporters such as him are few and far between. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he is an important part of the lifeblood of Accrington Stanley Football Club. This is precisely why I want to hear what our Uberstewardfuhrer has to say.

Larry Lobster 26-08-2010 17:36

So much for the new wave of transparency from within the club. What's changed? Absolutely nothing seems to be the answer. No official statement of the events of last weekend, last nights "club sponsored" attack on paying customers. It just gets worse!!

Far from winning new fans last night for the display on the pitch, the club have succeeded in likely putting a stop to any further support for the team from the Clayton End.

The club MUST study CCTV of the event, and make it clear that they are going to do just this. There should have been a statement of intent already. The club should back a campaign to insist Jason Graham does not receive any sort of banning order and actually receives an apology from both Lancs police and the Tin Pot "thugs r us" stewarding company.

Sort this out today Accrington Stanley FC or lose the support that stands this small club head and shoulders above the rest. Ignore it and the route back to the Evo-Stik League begins.

Alarmist and knee Jerk reaction? Well Maybe, but the clubs paid employees ruined the best night in the clubs history.:mad:

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 840448)

I would say yes Yonmon, as I watched it happen, I knew what was coming and it was almost as if they knew what they were doing!!!! Other people, doing similar at the same time, in the same place, were drinking in The Crown 15 mins later!!!!!!

RWB 26-08-2010 18:16

Firstly let me start by saying that the atmosphere and the game were fantastic last night. I don't attend every game but do manage quite a few over the season both home & away. The Stanley Ultra's as usual in fine voice and as i tend to stand in the midst of them i hear and feel pretty much everything!!!
Last night as with the Fulham game permission was given to throw the rolls onto the pitch before the start of the game, when it's done it looks pretty impressive. What i have to say though that a few just behind & to the left of me continued to throw them on once the game had started, you could see that Dunbavin was not impressed that it kept happening in the first half and then in the second half it was even worse and i must congratulate Krul for not reacting, eveytime he seemed to tall a goal kick one was thrown at him. Now i know a couple may have had a little too much to drink and thought it was funny but it's against the rules to throw things onto a pitch once a game has commenced. The cops then turned up to walk along the front of the clayton end and someone threw something at them! At the end of the match they approached guy (sorry don't know him but i'm presuming this may be Danny) and asked him to put down the flag, they then cuffed him i turned to my friend and immediatley said they can't be arresting him for waving a flag it must've been him that kept throwing things. If thats the case then he can't really have too many complaints. Next i saw Jase run over the followed by the rest of us to see what was going on, I presume Jase had gone to find out what was going on to try and diffuse the situation and because of that he's ended up getting arrested himself. What i saw from the stewards was a complete over reaction and to anyone that was man handled i'd be contacting the club to view their CCTV and taking any steward to court and doing them for ABH (give someone a yellow jacket and they seem to think they have the right to do as they please). I really hope Jase does not get banned it would be a great shame after all the effort he has put in over the years ( apologies to all other SU's but i only recognise him).
Sorry for such a long post but from what i saw it looks like they we're quite happy to let us continue chanting and everything was ok until the first arrest then it all went pete tong.
Although the vast majority behaved and enjoyed the game as usual it may be the the extremely small minority that may have pushed it a little too far!!!

yonmon 26-08-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840504)
I would say yes Yonmon, as I watched it happen, I knew what was coming and it was almost as if they knew what they were doing!!!! Other people, doing similar at the same time, in the same place, were drinking in The Crown 15 mins later!!!!!!

Point taken Val ! ....the more information posted from a trusted standpoint makes it easier to form an accurate picture...and consequent opinion !!...

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 18:41

Fundraising - Tess Sullivan.

Yesterday evening a bucket collection took place for a very special little girl, Tess Sullivan and her family.

Three-year old Tess is one of just 50 children in the world suffering from a rare terminal condition called Alexander’s disease, a genetic degenerative disorder which dramatically reduces life expectancy. This bucket collection was to raise money to go towards creating as many memorable experiences for the family as possible.

With your help and generous donations family and friends of Tess Sullivan raised a FANtastic £1,276.16 at our Carling Cup tie against Newcastle United last night! Helen & Steve, parents of Tess want to thank everyone who reached into their pockets to help and raise money to fund a trip of a lifetime!

For any further donations or fundraising opportunities please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Fox on 01254 356957 or email [email protected]

Copied from Official Site............

We (Inc. Geordies!!) raise over £1200 for a little girl, on a night when we have to pay £20 to watch our Team and £4 for a programme!!

For this generousity and kindness, we are rewarded by "Gestapo" tactics, which see one of our "Greatest assests" cuffed and man-handle
d!!!

I wonder if these "Stewards" where at Gresty Road???? :confused: :rolleyes:

katei77 26-08-2010 18:50

at least sum good came outta the night

wishing the little girl all the best

jaysay 26-08-2010 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840528)
at least sum good came outta the night

wishing the little girl all the best

Got a mention on the TV too, was her brother the mascot?

Wynonie Harris 26-08-2010 19:01

Unbelievable...totally soddin' unbelievable. Why do we have the uncanny knack of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Our greatest moment since the club was reformed and we manage to turn it into a Google Page Ranking disaster. Make no mistake, Jase is one of the most invaluable off-field assets this club has. He's not done it on his own but he's the bloke who has instigated the transformation of the Clayton End into an exciting, atmospheric place to be...a place that has attracted lots of young 'uns who might otherwise have gone to Ewood or the Turf. Take that away and all you'll be left with is a stretch of half-empty terracing, populated by moaning old gits like me!

So, Mr Heys, we've been told that you've "stepped up to the plate". I, therefore, suggest that you act decisively to embark on an urgent damage limitation exercise immediately!

SPUGGIE J 26-08-2010 19:08

I have been through this thread and it saddened me what happened. I take it that the stewards were not the only ones shipped in for the game but the polices as well. If both police and stewards had been briefed they would have known there would be nothing more sinister than a bit of exuberance.I believe like others that there was some person or persons that over reacted and just enflamed everything. The police seem to have behaved worse than any hooligans around but can hide behind the badge and the "boys club" when it goes wrong.

From what I have read outwith here the police have already justified their actions with no input from those who witnessed the mayhem.

Questions;

Where did the extra stewards come from?

Where did the extra police come from?

What imput did the local police get on this?

Were the local police just "sidelined" as not being up to the job?

Was there any plan in place if things got rowdy apart from wade in weapons drawn?

lancsdave 26-08-2010 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 840538)
Where did the extra police come from?

What imput did the local police get on this?

I don't think the club have any say on what policing is required, the powers that be in Hutton decide how to justify their waste of taxpayers money.

katei77 26-08-2010 19:14

I have be told that both rob heys and dave o neil will be doing statements for jase in court

time to give em break after all they are backing jase

as for mick hmmmmmmmm

Uncle Mick 26-08-2010 19:14

Also the plod were taking photographs during the second half towards the Ultras section of the Clayton End. Presumably to try and identify the roll throwers. Anybody who wants to make a freedom of information request may need the following
Criminal Records Guide - Police Records - ICO

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840310)
It is in the title, one of the biggest nights in our history and for it to end up like that, it was an utter disgrace.................:mad:

Still cannot believe what went on!!!

We must do something about this!!!!!!!!

3 Year banning order?????????????

SPUGGIE J 26-08-2010 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 840540)
I don't think the club have any say on what policing is required, the powers that be in Hutton decide how to justify their waste of taxpayers money.

Dave the fact that it looks like no input was taken from the local plod shows a heap of arrogance and stupidity on the part of the Hutton desk jockeys. The way it was policed sounds like an Old firm match. There should be an inquiry at all levels after this.

lancsdave 26-08-2010 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 840549)
Dave the fact that it looks like no input was taken from the local plod shows a heap of arrogance and stupidity on the part of the Hutton desk jockeys. The way it was policed sounds like an Old firm match. There should be an inquiry at all levels after this.

We are talking about a police force which polices a local derby as if both teams are involved in a nuclear war.

You get treated better for mugging a pensioner in Lancashire than being at a football match

SPUGGIE J 26-08-2010 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 840551)
We are talking about a police force which polices a local derby as if both teams are involved in a nuclear war.

You get treated better for mugging a pensioner in Lancashire than being at a football match

Seems very true on both points.

A footy match is there to be enjoyed by people. Not an excuse for the police to behave worse than animals. In a way I was lucky not to see the aftermath but it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Bagpuss 26-08-2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840546)
Still cannot believe what went on!!!

We must do something about this!!!!!!!!

3 Year banning order?????????????

I'm with you, I'm steaming, I've just gone through Skys coverage of the game and you can see stewards running towards the Clayton End when they are discussing the match after fulltime, I've also found video of the chief steward who appeared to be responsible for getting police involved in the first place, anyone know if you can get video off Sky+?

jaysay 26-08-2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 840540)

The thing is Dave with the Plod and policing footy matches, they have full control on numbers and the club DO have to pay for the policing, or they'll withdraw and matches will be cancelled, this is what happened with Dave Whelan down at Wigan a couple of years ago, they threatened to withdraw the safety certificate for matches

K.S.H 26-08-2010 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 840556)
I'm with you, I'm steaming, I've just gone through Skys coverage of the game and you can see stewards running towards the Clayton End when they are discussing the match after fulltime, I've also found video of the chief steward who appeared to be responsible for getting police involved in the first place, anyone know if you can get video off Sky+?

sky+ to pc - Sky+ - Digital Spy Forums

SamF 26-08-2010 19:51

Police are "not very nice people".

maccawozzagod 26-08-2010 19:54

ha ha @ SamF

Bagpuss, if you manage to get a copy off your Sky, is there any chance of an extra?

lancsdave 26-08-2010 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 840564)
ha ha @ SamF

That quick it doesn't even show he edited it :D

CLAYTON RED 26-08-2010 20:04

How to request CCTV footage
You have the right to access images of yourself that may have been recorded by a CCTV camera system. This is because the Data Protection Act of 1998 means that public bodies like local councils need to make any personal data available to you if you request it. Personal data is information that relates to an individual and is held by the public body.

You will need to make a request in writing to the owner of the CCTV system. The details of the owner are usually written on a sign attached to the camera. You will need to give them enough information to identify you, for example a specific date and time, and a description of yourself and your clothing. They may charge you a fee of up to £10 for a copy of the footage.

If you contact a public body that holds CCTV footage of you, they must give you a copy of those images within 40 days. They may send you an edited version of the CCTV footage to protect the identities of other people shown in the footage.

K.S.H 26-08-2010 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 840565)

But I C it :D

SamF 26-08-2010 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 840565)

Edited what ? ;)

david1 26-08-2010 20:12

I saw it also . " POLICE ARE IDIOTS "They are and always will be !Well said Samf

This post will be edited , but its the truth . Sorry to Mick , Neil and Mel You can now delete this post !

katei77 26-08-2010 20:19

not sure if i am allowed to put this link on but

lol cant get link to work now

go to facebook n search for "no banning order for su two"

Stanleymad 26-08-2010 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840578)

You can post it katei :)

DAV007 26-08-2010 20:24

Mick Shultz, as silent as ever when its a crowd safety issue

And just like the problems we had with the new stewards at the start of last season, he goes silent and backs up the security services he 'controls' instead of standing up for common sense, justic and truth.

thanks a bunch Mick.

I know Mick does alot for the club which goes unreported, but surely the least he can do is to make a statement?

Outback Ozzy 26-08-2010 20:25

I know people have been ranting and raving about Jase getting a 3 year banning order, but where has this information come from? According to the Telegraph (and I know we can take what it prints with a pinch of salt) it states he has been charged with being drunk and disorderly, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. Surely a banning order cannot be brought into force until after he is found guilty - IF he is found guilty. That would be prejudging any court and in effect kangaroo court justice. The other point, if D'ON and Rob are allegedly writing letters of support, then it cannot be the club who has allegedly banned Jase. And why ban one and not the other? Lets wait for the truth to out before prevaricating the whole situation. Everything that has been posted on this subject is only hearsay not fact.

Outback Ozzy 26-08-2010 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840578)

Tried searching for the link kate, cannot find it at all.

katei77 26-08-2010 20:32

i ve spoke to jase and danny it is part of the bail cons that they can not go within 1mile of the crown or any other ground on match days

and be told they will be a banning order applied for on the 8th when in court

min is 3years as far i know

both rob n dave have told lucy they will back jase so its not hearsay

katei77 26-08-2010 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 840595)

its a group so try searching on groups

maccawozzagod 26-08-2010 20:34

jase has posted on the ultras site. Bearing in mind that he is getting a lot of support on here then ,

they are both in court on the 8th at which point the gestapo will be pushing for a banning order

a police spokesman said on radio Lancs (not himself but via the presenter) that his officers tried to arrest 'the 18yr old' at which they were attacked by a group of men. What utter rubbish that was!

cashman 26-08-2010 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 840587)
I know people have been ranting and raving about Jase getting a 3 year banning order, but where has this information come from? According to the Telegraph (and I know we can take what it prints with a pinch of salt) it states he has been charged with being drunk and disorderly, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. Surely a banning order cannot be brought into force until after he is found guilty - IF he is found guilty. That would be prejudging any court and in effect kangaroo court justice. The other point, if D'ON and Rob are allegedly writing letters of support, then it cannot be the club who has allegedly banned Jase. And why ban one and not the other? Lets wait for the truth to out before prevaricating the whole situation. Everything that has been posted on this subject is only hearsay not fact.

check out ultras forum outback.;)

DAV007 26-08-2010 20:38

Outback Ozzy

i think your right, but a mate of mine got a 3 year ban from tranmere and im 75% sure he was temporarilyy banned until the court case (that may have been implemented by the club).

I know another 2 lads who where charged and had the threat of banning orders from Liverpool (again, im sure in this instance Liverpool banned them temporaily), they where cleared (wrong place/wrong time - the video evidence in court showed them walking round the corner and being stuck in the middle of a fight) and both wrote to Liverpool seeking an apology which never came but the bans where removed.

Can someone confirm if the temporary bans which follow are club enforced or police enforced? I will try and confirm.

katei77 26-08-2010 20:39

police enforced its part of the bail conidtions

cashman 26-08-2010 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840608)
police enforced its part of the bail conidtions

Then they wonder why people call em PIGS.:(

floodlight 26-08-2010 20:44

Found this: think it offers a flavour of what happened

George Caulkin - Bit of skirmishing at the end between Accringtons fans and police/stewards. Couple of punches thrown. Crap video. - TwitVid

K.S.H 26-08-2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 840595)

Welcome to Facebook

katei77 26-08-2010 20:48

ta ken :)

Outback Ozzy 26-08-2010 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 840600)
its a group so try searching on groups

Found it thanks and joined

cashman 26-08-2010 20:53

Cheers i just joined as well.

lancsdave 26-08-2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 840601)
a police spokesman said on radio Lancs (not himself but via the presenter) that his officers tried to arrest 'the 18yr old' at which they were attacked by a group of men. What utter ****e that was!

It's amazing what they say. when I was 15 ( I know this will come as a shock :) ) I was arrested for running on the pitch at Oldham, we were trying to get across to the other side of the ground :D. In court the arresting officer said " he was running across the pitch with his arms and legs waving in the air". After I stopped laughing I questioned how this was possible and the magistrate told me off for being insolent.

So if anybody has found a way of doing this I would love to know how :D

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2010 20:55

Who is currently on-line! 36 members & 69 guests

Floodlight, cashman, katei77, Outback Ozzy, david1, baldy, lancsdave, Mr Matthew, DAV007, sherry, Bradshaw Boy, KiTChener, football19, cmonstanley, Mr T, smudgie, VALAIRIAN, Larry Lobster, Footy Nut, MCR ADIM, Bagpuss, Redash, BedsRed, maccawozzagod, Stanleymad, shillelagh, MartynBiddulph, Div3North, SOS444, mab, Mark baker, sparkie, ukcowboy, CLAYTON RED, SamF, spacehopper1 lindsay ormerod, Stanleymad

Plenty of activity on here tonight.........

FANs not criminals......................

yonmon 26-08-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 840625)
Who is currently on-line! 36 members & 69 guests

Floodlight, cashman, katei77, Outback Ozzy, david1, baldy, lancsdave, Mr Matthew, DAV007, sherry, Bradshaw Boy, KiTChener, football19, cmonstanley, Mr T, smudgie, VALAIRIAN, Larry Lobster, Footy Nut, MCR ADIM, Bagpuss, Redash, BedsRed, maccawozzagod, Stanleymad, shillelagh, MartynBiddulph, Div3North, SOS444, mab, Mark baker, sparkie, ukcowboy, CLAYTON RED, SamF, spacehopper1 lindsay ormerod, Stanleymad

Plenty of activity on here tonight.........

FANs not criminals......................

And Yonmon + '3' makes 40 !!

MCR ADIM 26-08-2010 21:15

Surely if someone had said i.e the safetyo fficer, the ultras/fans usualy stay behind for 15/20mins to sign etc than packup and leave, they dont cause trouble, they dont try run on the pitch anything like that, and why did they want us out so fast, do you have to be out at a certain time at the grounds as i saw no signs saying that we had or anything over the tannoy not that you could hear it