Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   more Friday nights? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/more-friday-nights-54918.html)

maccawozzagod 17-09-2010 21:02

more Friday nights?

1844 for a game against Lincoln?

seems like a better crowd if only by 2 or 3 hundred. Should Stanley get more games planned for friday nights?

it'd be a disaster (with our pitch) in the frozen months as it WILL lead to more postponements with a solid pitch but I reckon it should be a goer for every saturday home match in the first three and last 2 months

ukcowboy 17-09-2010 21:33

Re: more Friday nights?

Don't forget the "mate for a fiver" offer was on tonight so will have made a difference.

maccawozzagod 17-09-2010 21:39

oh yeah - sadly I had no mates, so couldn't sell any

nige b 17-09-2010 21:48

macca couldn't believe the crowd tonight. is this the way forward ..........i hope not because i love sat @3pm but if it put's money in the coffers........we have to look at it or should i say they

cashman 17-09-2010 22:08

personally love night matches, think perhaps season ticket holders should be consulted, as i know some who are working n unable to come. seems only fair to me.

Pendle Red 17-09-2010 23:05

There is something magical about Friday nights under the lamps

For once we actually did ourself justice so the extras who came on may just have seen something that makes them want to return;)

cashman 17-09-2010 23:12

was 2 guys next to us were Queen Of South supporters who were down fer a do of some sort, said they were really impressed wi the standard of play stanley produced, think we may be there second club from now on, no doubt they will spread the word when they return to scotland.:)

Pendle Red 17-09-2010 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 846038)
was 2 guys next to us were Queen Of South supporters who were down fer a do of some sort, said they were really impressed wi the standard of play stanley produced, think we may be there second club from now on, no doubt they will spread the word when they return to scotland.:)

That's what it's all about Cashy we brought a couple of Liverpool and some Burnley Season Ticket Holders and they thoroughly enjoyed it, the seed is now planted and hopefully they will return to be fair they already have because of the homely feel of the place but any kind of mini revolution that gets people thinking has got to be a good thing:)

caretaker 18-09-2010 07:31

I was talking to a gentleman in the Crown who had come from Norway to watch the Mancs on Sunday. He decided to watch Stanley last night and must have been suited with the Game.

Bagpuss 18-09-2010 07:34

No No No because I can't make Friday night games.

theresonlyoneaccy 18-09-2010 08:10

Seemed to have a better atmosphere last night, maybe that was due to me being able to appreciate the Ultras from the Main Stand. Haven't we done better when playing on a friday night at the Crown? I seem to remember we beat Darlington and Crewe last season.

ukcowboy 18-09-2010 10:37

Well we can put one more 'fan' on the list! My drummer came along to his third game last night, bought a scarf and announced that he was hooked!!

AccyAggro 19-09-2010 13:31

It should make a difference when you go on stanley friday and watch accy win 3-0 and a good atmosphere and then go ewood the next day and watch borin hoofball for 90 min.........................