Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Brace yourselves in again please .... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/brace-yourselves-in-again-please-56854.html)

maccawozzagod 16-02-2011 21:24

Brace yourselves in again please ....

its going to get rough between now and the end of the season.

by the end of this month we'll owe that taxman around 100k.

we have nowt coming in.

the difference between incomings and outgoings is massive and we won't pull it around.

there is a directors meeting planned in London this weekend and big decisions have to be made. I have no knowledge of what these decisions are about but I can guess.

Its going to get messy but the only good news I can take from it really is that it is finally coming to some sort of head. With a bit of luck it'll all be over for the new season - it's just a question of how much pain can we take between now and then

cashman 16-02-2011 21:30

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Ta fer that mate, sounds very ominous to me, hope we still got a league club at the end of it.:(:eek:

Doug 16-02-2011 21:34

Where’s this coming from Rob?

Alvin the chipmunk 16-02-2011 21:36

If we get through this, and its getting a bigger if by the day whilst EW and DON hang on....this must NEVER be allowed to happen again. If that means Conference football because FL isn't financially viable then so be it. Its all well and good saying "Ilyas will come to the rescue" and I have no doubts he will if needed, but we can't keep relying on one benefactor to counter balance the disgusting day to day running of the club.

What do the directors actually do? They seem to be little more then a talking shop.

10 point deduction and the Messiah to miraculously keep us up is personally an outcome Id snap your hand off for.

Revived Red 16-02-2011 21:43

Don't forget that we had those offers of sponsorship several months ago.:rolleyes::rolleyes: O'Neill promised it was just a matter of selecting the most suitable.:D That's probably on the agenda for the directors meeting.:hehetable

dabeast 16-02-2011 21:45

Why is it left to a public forum member to keep the fans informed?

Like macca says at least we may get a clue whats happening at the top now. Lets keep everything crossed that the club comes out the other side with the minimum loss

cashman 16-02-2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 884189)
Why is it left to a public forum member to keep the fans informed?

Probably cos those running the club Don't n Never have Properly.:rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 16-02-2011 21:52

it hasn't come from the proverbial 'reliable source' - It is fact.

Like Alvin says, the best possible outcome is admin (and IK purchase the club for a song from the administrators), 10 point deduction and Coley rescues the day by keeping us up.

The downside to that is that there are numerous ifs and buts contained in that scenario. Admin could be very painful for us but so long as I have a competent club to watch at the end of it then so be it.

dabeast 16-02-2011 21:54

In the scheme of things keeping us up would be minor importance

lancsdave 16-02-2011 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 884192)
Like Alvin says, the best possible outcome is admin (and IK purchase the club for a song from the administrators), .

So if somebody had 'alleged' loans in the club they wouldn't get anything ( 10p in the pound if they are lucky ). If I was them I would accept an nominal amount of money owed, take an IOU for it to be cashed in x years time and walk away, and let somebody get on with turning it all round. Lets see how pig headed they can be :rolleyes:

bdc 16-02-2011 22:01

I think from memory that a points deduction would go onto next season if it is done after the 28th Feb, before that and its this season

Wynonie Harris 16-02-2011 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 884192)
Like Alvin says, the best possible outcome is admin (and IK purchase the club for a song from the administrators), 10 point deduction and Coley rescues the day by keeping us up.

Given the circumstances, I'll take that if it's on offer (and if Coley doesn't finally lose his patience).

I've lived through the alternative once before and, as Cashy will confirm, it's too upsetting to contemplate. :(

lancsdave 16-02-2011 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 884196)
I think from memory that a points deduction would go onto next season if it is done after the 28th Feb, before that and its this season

Last I heard it's the 4th Thursday in March, but they may have changed it again

maccawozzagod 16-02-2011 22:21

twas fourth thursday in march up to last year

cashman 16-02-2011 22:48

Think i'll go to Mass on Sunday, miracles are in short supply these days.:eek: