Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/player-of-the-year-and-end-of-season-presentation-night-57412.html)

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 05:23

Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night

A few of you may be aware the Supporters Club Presentation Evening will take place on Saturday 30th April after the Barnet game starting at 7.30 pm at the sportsbar.

As part of this year's voting for the "Player of the Season Award" we need suggestions for whom should be shortlisted based on the player making at least fifteen first team starts including the FA Cup, Carling Cup & JP Trophy up till the end of March.

Next we will need your suggestions for the player of your choice for the "Young Player of the Year" by you the fans as you enter the ground before the game against Oxford on Saturday 16th April.

Please note the on-line vote will close at noon on Sunday 10th April.

smudgie 04-04-2011 16:05

Re: Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night

Really looking forward to the day/match & night !!

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 16:49

Okay Dokey simples as you like:)

Please post one player of your choice who you would like to see make the shortlist for "The Player of the Season Award" & "young player award" Please note each one you wish to choose & put whether young player or season for each nominees, you can select more than one player for each category at this stage as to gage plenty of suggestions to narrow down.

Will close off nominations at noon on Sunday 10th April

Thank You Kindly

windmill 04-04-2011 16:53

Is a seconder required?

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 16:57

?

Vote for who you like:)

shakermaker 04-04-2011 18:38

Can I just ask why the 'shortlist' way of voting? I don't think I understand; it seems really unnecessary.

Surely it's the players who have played 15 games or more in all comps that make up the 'shortlist'?

I know it won't change now but if someone could clear it up for my thick 'ed I'd be grateful.

Stanleymad 04-04-2011 19:07

Easy to explain, 1] is that fans get to suggest who is shortlisted and 2] anymore than 10 makes the accyweb polling complicated a lot more complicated than this and finally 3]we did this last year and made it easier for everyone and all suggestions in the majority will be 10-under.

lancsdave 04-04-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 896063)
Can I just ask why the 'shortlist' way of voting? I don't think I understand; it seems really unnecessary.

Surely it's the players who have played 15 games or more in all comps that make up the 'shortlist'?

I know it won't change now but if someone could clear it up for my thick 'ed I'd be grateful.

Probably best to forget the word 'vote' for now. Nomination is the buzz word :D

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 20:27

My nominations are:

Player of the Year-Terry Gornell

Young Player of the Year-Alex Ciask

cashman 04-04-2011 20:49

• Player of Year - Jimmy Ryan
  • Young Player- Alex Cisak.

shakermaker 04-04-2011 21:12

I must be having a really numb day; I still don't get it. Hey ho.

Player of the Year: Ian Craney.
Even though he only arrived in January, in my opinion Ian is the reason why we are where we are now. His winning mentality has spread through this side like wildfire, which is why he just shaded my 'nomination' ahead of the skipper.

Young Player of the Year: Sean McConville.
The lad just keeps improving, spectacularly so. He has a great first touch that is impossible to teach and an eye for goal that may see him become the next Bobby Grant. Where are all those critics now? :) Well done Sean.

Outback Ozzy 04-04-2011 21:36

Player of the year - Captain corageous - Andy Proctor

Young player of the year - now this one is hard - between Alex and Sean and I know not which way to go. Sod it - for the improvement shown since last season - Sean McConville

Redash 05-04-2011 05:04

This season there are too many choices for the player of the season, Winnard has been, in the main, steady and composed. Joyce and Barnett have been consistent, without controversy and have done their jobs to a high standard, Procter has had a good season, Ryan and Gornell have worked theie socks off. But my nonination for player of the year would have to be Craney. Since he signed, the whole Stanley team have been lifted, they have gone onto the next level. This season we have had the best team ever, but we have struggled to score, since craney signed scoring has become second nature.
As for Young Player, I would choose McConville for the same reasons as Shakermaker.

AccyMad 05-04-2011 07:26

Nominations for Player Of The Year : Andy Proctor & Phil Edwards
Young Player : Sean McConville

lancsdave 05-04-2011 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 896090)
Probably best to forget the word 'vote' for now. Nomination is the buzz word :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 896156)
Nominations for Player Of The Year : Andy Proctor & Phil Edwards
Young Player : Sean McConville

Brownie points in the post :D