Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/player-of-the-year-and-end-of-season-presentation-night-57412.html)

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 05:23

Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night

A few of you may be aware the Supporters Club Presentation Evening will take place on Saturday 30th April after the Barnet game starting at 7.30 pm at the sportsbar.

As part of this year's voting for the "Player of the Season Award" we need suggestions for whom should be shortlisted based on the player making at least fifteen first team starts including the FA Cup, Carling Cup & JP Trophy up till the end of March.

Next we will need your suggestions for the player of your choice for the "Young Player of the Year" by you the fans as you enter the ground before the game against Oxford on Saturday 16th April.

Please note the on-line vote will close at noon on Sunday 10th April.

smudgie 04-04-2011 16:05

Re: Player of the Year & End of Season Presentation Night

Really looking forward to the day/match & night !!

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 16:49

Okay Dokey simples as you like:)

Please post one player of your choice who you would like to see make the shortlist for "The Player of the Season Award" & "young player award" Please note each one you wish to choose & put whether young player or season for each nominees, you can select more than one player for each category at this stage as to gage plenty of suggestions to narrow down.

Will close off nominations at noon on Sunday 10th April

Thank You Kindly

windmill 04-04-2011 16:53

Is a seconder required?

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 16:57

?

Vote for who you like:)

shakermaker 04-04-2011 18:38

Can I just ask why the 'shortlist' way of voting? I don't think I understand; it seems really unnecessary.

Surely it's the players who have played 15 games or more in all comps that make up the 'shortlist'?

I know it won't change now but if someone could clear it up for my thick 'ed I'd be grateful.

Stanleymad 04-04-2011 19:07

Easy to explain, 1] is that fans get to suggest who is shortlisted and 2] anymore than 10 makes the accyweb polling complicated a lot more complicated than this and finally 3]we did this last year and made it easier for everyone and all suggestions in the majority will be 10-under.

lancsdave 04-04-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 896063)
Can I just ask why the 'shortlist' way of voting? I don't think I understand; it seems really unnecessary.

Surely it's the players who have played 15 games or more in all comps that make up the 'shortlist'?

I know it won't change now but if someone could clear it up for my thick 'ed I'd be grateful.

Probably best to forget the word 'vote' for now. Nomination is the buzz word :D

Pendle Red 04-04-2011 20:27

My nominations are:

Player of the Year-Terry Gornell

Young Player of the Year-Alex Ciask

cashman 04-04-2011 20:49

• Player of Year - Jimmy Ryan
  • Young Player- Alex Cisak.

shakermaker 04-04-2011 21:12

I must be having a really numb day; I still don't get it. Hey ho.

Player of the Year: Ian Craney.
Even though he only arrived in January, in my opinion Ian is the reason why we are where we are now. His winning mentality has spread through this side like wildfire, which is why he just shaded my 'nomination' ahead of the skipper.

Young Player of the Year: Sean McConville.
The lad just keeps improving, spectacularly so. He has a great first touch that is impossible to teach and an eye for goal that may see him become the next Bobby Grant. Where are all those critics now? :) Well done Sean.

Outback Ozzy 04-04-2011 21:36

Player of the year - Captain corageous - Andy Proctor

Young player of the year - now this one is hard - between Alex and Sean and I know not which way to go. Sod it - for the improvement shown since last season - Sean McConville

Redash 05-04-2011 05:04

This season there are too many choices for the player of the season, Winnard has been, in the main, steady and composed. Joyce and Barnett have been consistent, without controversy and have done their jobs to a high standard, Procter has had a good season, Ryan and Gornell have worked theie socks off. But my nonination for player of the year would have to be Craney. Since he signed, the whole Stanley team have been lifted, they have gone onto the next level. This season we have had the best team ever, but we have struggled to score, since craney signed scoring has become second nature.
As for Young Player, I would choose McConville for the same reasons as Shakermaker.

AccyMad 05-04-2011 07:26

Nominations for Player Of The Year : Andy Proctor & Phil Edwards
Young Player : Sean McConville

lancsdave 05-04-2011 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 896090)
Probably best to forget the word 'vote' for now. Nomination is the buzz word :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 896156)
Nominations for Player Of The Year : Andy Proctor & Phil Edwards
Young Player : Sean McConville

Brownie points in the post :D

baldy 05-04-2011 09:25

Player Of The Year - Luke Joyce...Could easy name 7 or 8 players you could pick for this award but i think Luke does a fantastic job but never gets the praise he deserves.

Young Player Of The Year - Sean McConville...Last season some would say he was "dead wood" but this season he has been one of our best players and the quality of hes goals prove this.

maccawozzagod 05-04-2011 11:13

I agree that Luke Joyce has been mega and I would go so far as to suggest to the Craney voters that it is the work that Luke does (and Proccy) that allows Craney to be as effective as he is.

however my Player of the Year nomination goes to the captain. He has put in a season long shift and plays the same 100% effort week in week out. Also as our longest serving player he has never had the recognition he deserves in the engine room of our team. Andrew Proctor please.

Young player of the year could well have gone to Alex Cisak but he hasn't played enough for me to give it to him. Played a few early on then got dropped for 25 games or so, would look bad on the others had he won it. Sean McConville in view of the fact that there is no most improved player award. Cracking season from the little man and it will give him confidence to go on and repeat it next season.

SOS444 05-04-2011 15:44

It is difficult to name a few as I would like to nominate/vote for all the Team the effort this season has been 100%.

Player of the year for me is Jimmy Ryan

Young Player of the year is Sean McConville

Had he got a few more games and carried on playing like he did Ray Putterill would have been my choice:D

smudgie 05-04-2011 16:52

Quite how only 1 person has mentioned him is amazing but I suppose its all about opinions.

Player of the year. JIMMY RYAN The amount of work he puts in week in week out is just amazing.

Young Player Of The Year. ALEX CISAK VERY tough decision between Cisak and Mcconville, but for the influence he has had on the side in the last few months it has to be Alex for me.

shakermaker 05-04-2011 18:01

So does this mean we're doing away with the website player of the year?

Pendle Red 06-04-2011 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 896307)
So does this mean we're doing away with the website player of the year?

No this is merely to get nominations for the "Player of the Year" & "Young Player of the Year" these will then go forward to be voted for via a voting slip by fans on entry to the ground against Oxford on Saturday 16th April.

The Web Vote I believe will start next Monday and will be from the votes cast on Accy Web for that category.

Hope that clears it up for you Shaker:)

JEFF 06-04-2011 15:53

What is the age limit for young player of the year ? Most of our squad are quite young so what age is eligible ?

smudgie 06-04-2011 16:32

21 and under I think Jeff?

Pendle Red 06-04-2011 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 896567)
What is the age limit for young player of the year ? Most of our squad are quite young so what age is eligible ?

Originally was going to make it under 23 if you want to use that as a guideline:)

shakermaker 06-04-2011 18:25

Aye, cheers, I get the process now. Don't see the necessity in the nominations system however; seems very round-the-houses, but whatever floats yer boat I guess. Looking forward to seeing the results, lots in contention this year. :)

VALAIRIAN 06-04-2011 20:13

Player of the year PROC.

Young player of the year MACCA.

Most improved player of the year MACCA - Just put that one in, as I think we should also recognise that!!!

:) :) :)

Revived Red 08-04-2011 09:41

Player of the year : Luke Joyce

Young player of the year : Alex Cisak

Pendle Red 08-04-2011 14:30

Nominations so far with just less than two days to go

Player of the Year
Terry Gornell, Jimmy Ryan,Ian Craney, Andy Procter, Luke Joyce & Phil Edwards

Young Player of the Year
Alex Cisak & Sean McConville

Still time to nominate your favourite player:)

sparkie 09-04-2011 08:29

Player of the year nominees for me would be:

Terry Gornell, Dean Winnard, Ian Dunbavin (shockingly!!!)

Young player of the year nominees:

Alex Cisak, Sean McConville, Dean Winnard (suprisingly only 21!!) and Charlie Barnett

Bernard Dawson 09-04-2011 12:17

Not sure who to go far.You could make a strong case for most of the team.

ddevil2006 09-04-2011 13:58

Why don't you just give it as a team award just like they did in 1974?

Pendle Red 10-04-2011 12:06

Now Closed

Thanks to all those who have nominated:)

The nominations which will now appear on the voting slips for supporters to vote on next Saturday as you pass through the Main Stand and Clayton End Turnstiles will be:

Player of the Year
Terry Gornell
Jimmy Ryan
Ian Craney
Phil Edwards
Luke Joyce
Ian Dunbavin
Dean Winnard
Andy Procter
The Whole Team (Award is given to the whole of the Playing Staff)

Young Player of the Year
Sean McConville
Dean Winnard
Charlie Barnett
Alex Cisak

One vote in each category per person with the Winner of each category being announced at the End of Season Presentation Evening starting at 7.30pm on Saturday 30th April in the Lounge.

football19 10-04-2011 16:06

Another boring fact,Deano will make his 100th appearance for acci on Saturday ,if selected.
He's never been sub or dropped , do any others like me think he's the gaffers love child ? LOL

smudgie 10-04-2011 17:09

Deano has improved massively this year for me.

Helps that hes playing Right Back !!!

cashman 10-04-2011 23:04

Player of the year will be a very difficult choice in my opinion, theres at least 5 of that list merit it. which is great credit to the lads.:);)

harwood red 29-04-2011 20:47

Really looking forward to tomorrow's match and then (fingers crossed) celebrating being in the play-offs at the presentation night tomorrow evening :)

I'm ready to parrrrrrrrrtttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy

:theband: :signbeer: :thepint:

cashman 29-04-2011 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 901977)
Really looking forward to tomorrow's match and then (fingers crossed) celebrating being in the play-offs at the presentation night tomorrow evening :)

I'm ready to parrrrrrrrrtttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy

:theband: :signbeer: :thepint:

hey if cheltenham get summat tomoz,it could possibly be even better.;)

maccawozzagod 29-04-2011 22:06

i can't make it personally but I hope that, results pending, tomorrow night turns out to be one of the best boozy sessions in a while.

nige b 29-04-2011 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 901998)
i can't make it personally but I hope that, results pending, tomorrow night turns out to be one of the best boozy sessions in a while.

surely macca your good self boozy nights and can't make it just don't fit!

maccawozzagod 30-04-2011 02:05

ha ha Nige,

nah can't afford it financially and brownie points wise with Mrs Macca. Burton away, play offs home and away, Old Trafford maybe. On the plus side if things are sorted tomorrow then Burton becomes a maybe rather than a deffo, so I might manage an hour or two!

Pendle Red 30-04-2011 06:25

Hopefully see as many of you as possible tonight:)

Lots gonna be going on including the Presentations, an Auction & a raffle both for some very unique Stanley related items.

Not forgetting "Stanley's got Talent" if you fancy a go at Karaoke and getting your hands on the "Stanley's Got Talent" Trophy, a cash prize and the title of "Stanley's Got Talent" Winner 2011 we will have some very special judges.;)

smudgie 30-04-2011 07:00

Ill get the beers in Rob.

You must be there mate, going to be a superb night !

maccawozzagod 30-04-2011 09:17

i might hold you to that Lee, but be warned, i'm not a cheap date!

smudgie 30-04-2011 10:22

haha !"