Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

cashman 08-01-2017 11:21

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1184783)
Looks even better on there :)

Some good uns, only Sinclairs comes close imho.

Chimer 08-01-2017 13:51

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184718)
Thats what makes this thread hilarious imho, when he plays well detractors give him credit, when he plays badly those who favour him vanish.:hehetable

True of you and one or two others, and good for you :), but not a peep from the two who get on his case most often and with most vitriol :rolleyes: - apart from a "like" for your quoted post.

Revived Red 08-01-2017 22:29

A great win yesterday. Credit to McConville for a great goal at a vital time, and also for a great cross that Beckles nodded in. But it was a super team performance with Billy Kee looking to be a handful once again.

Special credit to the referee who, amazingly in view of his previous efforts, had a good game. I feared that an abandonment was likely at a couple of points in the second half but he seemed determined to persevere.

Those of us sitting near the press box ought to give thanks for the cabaret supplied by one of the commentators to listeners in the Hertfordshire area and who was sitting immediately in front of Dan. He clearly was overwhelmed by the sound of his own voice - but such a pity that the words were garbage. He delighted in telling his listeners (over and over again!) that Luton were looking like promotion candidates and Stanley heading for relegation. And then McConville scored. Just perfect. :D:D

AccyMad 09-01-2017 11:24

We sit in front of the press box every game although I chose to vacate my seat for the Luton game & go behind the goals, yes some of the visiting press people often provide entertainment especially if the game is not going their way although on occasion it's anything but entertaining & have almost caused a riot in the stand with their ill chosen comments at times . . . .

VALAIRIAN 09-01-2017 19:29

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184784)
Some good uns, only Sinclairs comes close imho.

Let's hope Macca can help fire us through against Boro... :)

:) :) :)

cashman 09-01-2017 19:34

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1184952)
Let's hope Macca can help fire us through against Boro... :)

Any body fires us through that un i will marry.:D

AccyMad 09-01-2017 19:35

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184953)

Think Sean's already taken Cashy :D

cashman 09-01-2017 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1184955)

I am also but aint against Bigamy.:D

VALAIRIAN 09-01-2017 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184953)

Cashy, take this the right way, but that is NOT an incentive to Sean or ANY of the team :D

cashman 09-01-2017 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1184957)
Cashy, take this the right way, but that is NOT an incentive to Sean or ANY of the team :D

Have yer eyes tested, I'm a catch.

VALAIRIAN 09-01-2017 19:52

Appointment made :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

st06nc2 09-01-2017 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1184955)

Football has a goalkeeper doesn't mean you can't score

choirboy 09-01-2017 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184958)
Have yer eyes tested, I'm a catch.

Aye Cashy....
You'd be a good catch in a Grimsby fisherman's nets!:tongueout

Exile on Spencer St 09-01-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1184966)
Aye Cashy....
You'd be a good catch in a Grimsby fisherman's nets!:tongueout

They'd throw him back. Endangered species! ;)

VALAIRIAN 10-01-2017 19:09

Glad to see it is not just us that know how good Macca is.. ;)

FA Cup: Sean McConville's stunner for Accrington Stanley voted goal of third round - BBC Sport

fc:stanley 11-01-2017 21:01

Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views! :eek:

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though! ;)

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!

DAV007 12-01-2017 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Exile on Spencer St 12-01-2017 11:39

Our self-appointed 'Fans Rep' once again exhibits his magnanimity.

yonmon 13-01-2017 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 1185114)
Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views! :eek:

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though! ;)

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!

Hi fc Stanley!....I have a feeling that following the next post, then your revisiting of the Forum
Might well be of a slightly abbreviated nature !.
Don't be deterred at all..!

and KTF !

VALAIRIAN 05-02-2017 10:09

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another assist yesterday for Super Macca and a good all round performance from him :)

Corners and set pieces, were - in the main - well delivered and dangerous..... still do not know how Billy managed not to score right at the end :confused:

After a run of average/poor performances, Sean has upped his game and is influencing games more :)

football19 05-02-2017 12:42

Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!

baldy 05-02-2017 15:46

I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-02-2017 16:06

Couldn't agree more. Especially now we have our own Peter Crouch - a.k.a. 'Rodger the Dodger', waiting beyond the back post.
It's apparent that Harvey has been instructed to take up a position beyond their last man & run in to meet Sean's long corners. As others have said, our corners & free kicks have suddenly become much more effective.

VALAIRIAN 05-02-2017 17:08

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1186895)
Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!

You would have been cursing - similar to Carlisle game and Harvey - if you had have been standing next to me..... Great ball in from Sean and somehow Billy managed to knock it over the bar, you could see the look of dis-belief in Billy's eyes......

For maybe the first time this season, it did not cost us... :)

VALAIRIAN 18-02-2017 18:55

2 More assists today for Super Macca and - for me - was the best player on the park!

Corners and set pieces are now things that we can - and do - score from :)

Filled in well at LB after the sending off, tackled well and put the blocks in :)

He also kept charging forward with the ball into the dying minutes.

As well as this, he had the state of mind to barge into their player in the box and give away a penalty, which a) After they scored set up a nervy and exciting last 20 mins and b) Saved the Club ££££ in clean sheet bonuses - HERO :)

Roll on Tuesday and a chance to welcome another HERO back to Stanley, lets hope that he gets the reception he deserves, but also - like Guthrie and Fosu - goes back to Cambridge pointless ;) :)

ON STANLEY ON

cashman 18-02-2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1186902)
I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!

I was told today they were much better than those he delivered on Tuesday Night? too deep then ? today i thought they were excellent.

stanleyhouse 18-02-2017 19:45

And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.

cashman 18-02-2017 19:52

How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?

Lord Didsbury 18-02-2017 20:07

The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?

pidge 18-02-2017 20:17

For me he's up there for player of the season , just getting pipped to the post by Matty p.

Chrisr 18-02-2017 21:19

I have to say I thought Sean deserved MOM today just ahead of Matty P. Sean has hit a bit of good formlately and I think he should be given fair credit.

st06nc2 18-02-2017 21:36

Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered

cashman 18-02-2017 21:50

To be honest i thought MOM was between him n Clark. the penalty i am waiting to see i thought it was soft.

stanleyhouse 18-02-2017 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1187828)
How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?

Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.

st06nc2 18-02-2017 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1187847)
Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.

He was playing in England Last so why do we need clearance from Slovenia

AccyMad 18-02-2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1187827)
And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.

Oh, ffs!! We'll miss our Sean :(

AccyMad 18-02-2017 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187830)
The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?

You've got it in a nutshell Lord D! :rolleyes:

AccyMad 18-02-2017 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1187843)
Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered

Maybe so, but all the work he did before & after far outweighed that mistake - pity some can't see the shift he puts in . . .

Chimer 18-02-2017 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187830)

It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.

Lord Didsbury 19-02-2017 00:06

I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.

baldy 19-02-2017 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1187859)
It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.

Nomination for post of the year and it's only February!

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!

monkey hanger 19-02-2017 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187860)
I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.

one of the most hated players they,ve ever had. no one has a good word for him but didn,t exactly set the world alight there. the thing for me is in my opinion he,s the most improved player in the side from the start of the season and i wasn,t a fan of his. keep it up sean you,re putting a shift in nowadays.

VALAIRIAN 19-02-2017 09:41

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1187863)

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!

That sums it up perfectly ;)

VALAIRIAN 19-02-2017 09:44

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, credit where it is due, Cashy has agreed he was one of the better players yesterday :)

No problem with players being slagged off, as long as when the same player plays well it is recognised :)

cashman 19-02-2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1187863)

Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?

ferret man 19-02-2017 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1187871)
Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?

To be honest Cashy, do you and the rest of his critics really believe any player needs telling when they have made a mistake or had a bad game. And don't forget, the person that never made a mistake never made anything.

cashman 19-02-2017 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1187875)
To be honest Cashy, do you and the rest of his critics really believe any player needs telling when they have made a mistake or had a bad game. And don't forget, the person that never made a mistake never made anything.

To be honest mate, the day football opinions are invalid,unless they are good is the death of football. imho.

Chrisr 19-02-2017 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1187843)

I hope if they show the penalty on TV you will appreciate that Sean barely touched the play and the player was always going to hit the ground. It was a very soft penalty given by a referee who had lost confidence and made another hasty decision. I would still have to see the actual point of contact to decide if it was in the area or just outside. However Sean has hit a decent spell of form and we should all be supporting him. Any player who pulls on our clubs shirt is going out there to do their best for the club. Anybody can have a bad game but I have noticed Sto6nc2 you are extremely quick to criticise this particular player.

st06nc2 19-02-2017 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1187895)
I hope if they show the penalty on TV you will appreciate that Sean barely touched the play and the player was always going to hit the ground. It was a very soft penalty given by a referee who had lost confidence and made another hasty decision. I would still have to see the actual point of contact to decide if it was in the area or just outside. However Sean has hit a decent spell of form and we should all be supporting him. Any player who pulls on our clubs shirt is going out there to do their best for the club. Anybody can have a bad game but I have noticed Sto6nc2 you are extremely quick to criticise this particular player.

No matter what he does he will never be a decent player in my eyes, he weak, doesn't have the second ball, wants everything to him on a silver plate, I wouldn't pick him to play in unibond nevermind league

Lord Didsbury 19-02-2017 17:28

"No matter what he does"? Really?

widnes viking 19-02-2017 19:05

I don't know why those who like McConville post on this thread - your just feeding the flames guys

Chimer 19-02-2017 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1187871)

I’m not sure why defending someone against what in my opinion is exaggerated and unbalanced criticism should be classed as ar$e-kissing, or what I’m likely to gain by kissing the ar$e of someone I’ve never met and am not likely to. When I do occasionally see a game I pass comment as I see fit, but prefer to praise those who have done well rather than slate those who’ve had a stinker. I don’t recall ever saying much about Sean in my first posting after a game, other than remarking that his crossing has improved recently. But if I feel other commentators have been unfair to any player then I’ll say so – especially if the criticism is repeated or over the top. If I haven’t been to the game myself, but the criticism seems to be more in line with the poster’s oft-expressed feelings than the majority view (or as yesterday, the reported facts and stats), I may allow myself to suggest someone seems to be a bit one-eyed.

If that makes me an ar$e-kisser, I'm happier with that than I would be being a miserable, habitual, unwarranted ar$e-kicker.

Peace and love …

Inspector Morse 19-02-2017 22:45

9 assists for the season so far.
4th equal best in league.

and he's played full back.

ferret man 20-02-2017 20:06

:alright::alright::alright::alright::alright:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1187878)
To be honest mate, the day football opinions are invalid,unless they are good is the death of football. imho.

So coming off King Georges Sunday morn and someone slates your Grandson / granddaughter within his/her, and your ear shot you would be ok with that. And we all know all people are entitled to an opinion, and mine is slating any player will not do, him, the team, or the club any good. Invalid opinions will not be the death of football, it will be the poor ref's & liners.

cashman 20-02-2017 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1188022)
:alright::alright::alright::alright::alright:

So coming off King Georges Sunday morn and someone slates your Grandson / granddaughter within his/her, and your ear shot you would be ok with that. And we all know all people are entitled to an opinion, and mine is slating any player will not do, him, the team, or the club any good. Invalid opinions will not be the death of football, it will be the poor ref's & liners.

Big difference between children and adults in most peoples books i would imagine.

mab 20-02-2017 21:34

:) Its all VALAIRIAN fault!!;)

ferret man 21-02-2017 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1188023)
Big difference between children and adults in most peoples books i would imagine.

yup guess your right, most kid's are smarter.

cashman 21-02-2017 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1188060)
yup guess your right, most kid's are smarter.

Can't argue wi that.

VALAIRIAN 21-02-2017 16:08

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1188028)
:) Its all VALAIRIAN fault!!;)

What is Mab??? Macca being banned? ;)

VALAIRIAN 21-02-2017 16:10

On a serious note, I hope we do not miss him in the next 2 games?

I think that Rommy can fill in on the wing :)

st06nc2 21-02-2017 17:11

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1188064)
On a serious note, I hope we do not miss him in the next 2 games?

I think that Rommy can fill in on the wing :)

Definitely won't miss him, hopefully the Portuguese lad gets clearance and shows Sean how to play

VALAIRIAN 21-02-2017 19:33

Super Sean McConville...!!

Not tonight he won't :D

AccyMad 21-02-2017 19:34

That's putting a lot of faith in a lad who nobody this side of Tadcaster has seen play yet . . .

st06nc2 21-02-2017 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1188095)
That's putting a lot of faith in a lad who nobody this side of Tadcaster has seen play yet . . .

From what I have seen of him he already looks 10 times the player Sean is

monkey hanger 22-02-2017 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1188099)
From what I have seen of him he already looks 10 times the player Sean is

when did you actually see him play.

st06nc2 22-02-2017 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1188135)
when did you actually see him play.

When he was at reading reserves I saw him play against Sheffield Wednesday reserves

monkey hanger 22-02-2017 10:07

cheers thanks. thought it might have been those video clips posted last week.

Lemur 22-02-2017 17:17

erico only played one game for reading under 23 v derby county

st06nc2 22-02-2017 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1188146)
erico only played one game for reading under 23 v derby county

Competitively yes

Alvin the chipmunk 02-03-2017 16:12

Congratulations to Macca who has been awarded the OSC Player of the Month award for February. :)

VALAIRIAN 02-03-2017 17:05

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, noticed that on Tuesday night - well deserved in my opinion :)

Wonder if he will start on Saturday?????

cashman 02-03-2017 17:25

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1188877)
Yes, noticed that on Tuesday night - well deserved in my opinion :)

Wonder if he will start on Saturday?????

In fairness much as he aint me favourite player, he had been playing well enough recently to warrant it, though even if he hadn't he would still be starting.:D

VALAIRIAN 02-03-2017 18:39

Behave Cashy :D (though you are probably right ;))

mab 02-03-2017 22:28

Tweets by ‎@ASFCofficial

Accrington Stanley

@ASFCofficial
Coley: "Sean's had a good season. I think he got player of the month from the fans. We miss him defensively so it's good to have him back."

VALAIRIAN 03-03-2017 06:50

Well, one thing for sure, Cashy did not read that one there :D

Crown Grounder 03-03-2017 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1188878)
In fairness much as he aint me favourite player, he had been playing well enough recently to warrant it, though even if he hadn't he would still be starting.:D

Flipping heck Cashy never thought I see that post from you. But You are right he has been playing well recently. Long may it continue.....

baldy 03-03-2017 07:40

Quote:

Anyone know somewhere in Accy, where I can get this framed?

cashman 03-03-2017 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1188919)
Anyone know somewhere in Accy, where I can get this framed?

Trevor Adams on Warner St.:D

monkey hanger 03-03-2017 10:47

[QUOTE hopefully the Portuguese lad gets clearance

any news on the lads international clearance. seems to be going on too long for me but i suppose when stanley are involved anything can happen.

Exile on Spencer St 03-03-2017 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1188934)
[QUOTE
.... i suppose when stanley are involved anything can happen.

Yes, but usually next week.

VALAIRIAN 04-03-2017 20:29

Quote:

As predicted you were right ;)

Thought he played well today and did the job that Coley asked :)

No doubt some will have seen it differently, or maybe it is me that is seeing it differently?????

AccyMad 04-03-2017 20:38

No Joe, fact is some see it differently even before a ball is kicked :rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 12-03-2017 17:15

Another assist yesterday, from yet another corner!!

Not so long since we were all bemoaning corner kicks and free kicks, to the fact that they yielded nothing....... :(

Now we are scoring for fun from both!!!! :D

Macca and McCa are showing us the way.... :)

Exile on Spencer St 12-03-2017 19:53

Well if you're the designated taker of every corner and longer-range free kicks you would expect to have a few 'assists' (which, btw, must be one of the more inane concepts every to be introduced from American sport).
However, McConville's corners, especially from the left side, have improved and yesterday's was a peach. Far post, beyond the keepers reach, and dropping perfectly for Pearson. As good a delivery as McCartan's free kick.

maccawozzagod 14-03-2017 21:52

Bloody rubbish tonight, at least one mis placed pass, and as for those two crosses near t'end ...

SamF 14-03-2017 22:04

Can the next fundraiser be for a bronze statue of McConville?

st06nc2 14-03-2017 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 1189955)

No.

Dav1d 14-03-2017 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 1189955)

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189956)
No.

Platinum than?

st06nc2 14-03-2017 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dav1d (Post 1189962)
Platinum than?

Nori

choirboy 14-03-2017 22:46

One of the best performances tonight by Any Stanley Player since our return to the football League in 2006:jimbo:
Well done Sean Mac!:mosher:

ps. I hope my old mate REDRAINE was watching from up there in STANLEY HEAVEN tonight!

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 23:10

Things I learnt tonight:
1. There IS a Sean McConville song

VALAIRIAN 14-03-2017 23:44

Well... what is there to say about his performance tonight???? :)

He - along with Matty - was close to being my Man of the Match before he scored that screamer :eek: that sealed it for me :)

That being said, Matty chipped in with a couple also...

All in all, a tremendous team performance, but Macca showed some brilliant touches at times tonight - long may it continue :)

monkey hanger 15-03-2017 09:14

zero to hero in a few months.

baldy 15-03-2017 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1189988)
Macca showed some brilliant touches at times tonight - long may it continue :) :) :) :)

Can understand why some people dog him but, Sean has been showing brilliant touches all season mate!

His first touch is probably, one of, if not the best I've ever seen from a Stanley player!

AccyMad 15-03-2017 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1189981)
Things I learnt tonight:
1. There IS a Sean McConville song

There's always been a Sean McConville song - different versions I grant you but there's always been one :rolleyes:

football19 15-03-2017 18:12

Think Pearson playing behind him has improved his consistency,he's always had ability.
Don't think I'd like upsetting Matty ����

KiTChener 15-03-2017 19:40

how many topics have had 1,000 posts?

only saying!

Lord Didsbury 15-03-2017 20:21

In the same way half of Manchester claim to have been to the Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall, I reckon we'll get a similar response from Stanley fans as they all proclaim: "I've always been Sean's no 1 fan".

maccawozzagod 15-03-2017 20:25

In honour of his current form I'm going to retire from this thread permanently.

Personally I think the problem with Sean is that we all know that he CAN do that but doesnt. Is he told to hold it back? For whatever reason he seems to have been unleashed and we like. More of it please Sean.

Pearson will always endear himself to fans because of his gung ho style, and I think he will win player of the season, but nobody could complain if Sean steams it

cashman 15-03-2017 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190045)
In the same way half of Manchester claim to have been to the Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall, I reckon we'll get a similar response from Stanley fans as they all proclaim: "I've always been Sean's no 1 fan".

Wrong heres one that won,t whilst he is having a damn good run, no doubt at all. if he actually put his foot in, and remained consistent he would have played at a higher level than us, no doubt about that.