Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

VALAIRIAN 15-03-2017 21:14

Super Sean McConville...!!

One thing that was refreshing last night was the applause that Macca got from the Clayton End (and maybe main stand?) when he was announced as M.O.M. :)

:) :) :)

cashman 15-03-2017 21:24

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1190049)
One thing that was refreshing last night was the applause that Macca got from the Clayton End (and maybe main stand?) when he was announced as M.O.M. :)

It was earned and deserved.

VALAIRIAN 15-03-2017 21:30

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Cashy, but often - in the past mainly - it would have been greeted with murmurs and some muted applause :)

Goes to show that - as you have pointed out - how consistent he has been playing - long may it continue :)

Alvin the chipmunk 15-03-2017 22:48

Re: Sean Mc

As others have mentioned...we can talk about consistency all we like. But as with many talented 4th division players....if he WAS more consistent he wouldn't be here.

In Coley and Macca we trust.

st06nc2 16-03-2017 17:09

Trust him to play well in a game where it could all be wiped off record if they get wound up

AccyMad 16-03-2017 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1190099)
Trust him to play well in a game where it could all be wiped off record if they get wound up

Don't worry about that, the EFL said last night that Orient will have sufficient funds to complete the season so Sean's efforts weren't in vain :)

VALAIRIAN 16-03-2017 17:19

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1190099)

Cannot take away the memories of the people fortunate enough to have been there in the flesh to witness one of Macca's finest hours ;)

AccyMad 16-03-2017 18:05

That's right Joe, rub it in - can't believe I missed it & had to rely on Dan's live text commentary, good as that was it couldn't make up for not being there - still gutted :(

choirboy 25-03-2017 13:44

I hope that Sean can give us a repeat of his wonderful performance that he produced against Leyton Orient. Actually just 'Half as Good' as that performance will do!
COME ON SEAN and the STANLEY

st06nc2 25-03-2017 17:21

Good to see golden boy back to his terrible self

cashman 25-03-2017 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1190903)

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: certainly not his day today.

Exile on Spencer St 25-03-2017 19:12

Calm down, FM, or you'll have Davo's Hate Police after you.
BTW, folk are entitled to watch whichever player they like.

choirboy 25-03-2017 20:03

I agree that Sean Mac didn't reach the heights of his performance against Leyton Orient recently but to a degree he played his part today. The best chance that we had, apart from the goal that we scored, was set up by Sean with a superb precise pass for 'The Don' to get into the box on the left and square a similarly super ball across the Grimsby goal four yards out from their goal line. Clarke was coming in at the far post for the tap in but checked his run anticipating a touch from a Grimsby defender which didn't happen! The pass from Sean was inch perfect and carried the exact weight needed! His corners caused problems too.

pidge 25-03-2017 20:18

Also won the free kick for the goal! Certainly brings more to the table than Clark who has yet to score a single goal in the league an yes we are nearly in April , also the performances of Billy Kee the last 4 or 5 games have been really poor he looks tired to me , but another player who can do no wrong I suppose.

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 20:42

Anyone else notice how he trotted rather than strut slowly like the Fonz to take the corners today?

choirboy 25-03-2017 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1190925)
Also won the free kick for the goal! Certainly brings more to the table than Clark who has yet to score a single goal in the league an yes we are nearly in April , also the performances of Billy Kee the last 4 or 5 games have been really poor he looks tired to me , but another player who can do no wrong I suppose.

Yes Pidge, Sean did win that free kick in the perfect position for Shay to take a pot at goal....successfully again!:mosher:
In defence of Billy Kee. I have to say that he is such a brave, hard working, skilful and committed player! He plays up front entirely on his own as Shay seems to have been given a ticket to roam and run at the opposing defenders from all sorts of positions but he does not really support Billy which makes it easier for the opposing big centre backs to give Billy some physical treatment. Billy just takes it, bounces back up and gets on with the game!:bow8::bow8:
Going back a long time now Paul Mullin was superbly supported by Lutel James and for a couple of years they were unstoppable, albeit it at non league level. Billy does not have this sort of doubling up support in the current team playing pattern and I think that he does a superb job in taking the weight of other players around him. I don't think that he is tired but that he just gets a lot of stick with very little protection from referees!:mosher:
Having said all that I would urge Shay to try to play much closer to Billy in order to get the flicks and passes that Billy wins and to take some weight off Billy too!

AccyMad 25-03-2017 21:38

Quote:

Why on earth would any Stanley fan think it's good to see any one of our lads have a bad game??
Do you need your opinion to be proven right even if it's to the detriment of the team - strange sort of support that imo!

st06nc2 25-03-2017 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1190944)
Why on earth would any Stanley fan think it's good to see any one of our lads have a bad game??
Do you need your opinion to be proven right even if it's to the detriment of the team - strange sort of support that imo!

Give them praise they get big headed and over confident, criticise them and it gives them a thought if what they need to work on makes them a better player

AccyMad 25-03-2017 21:56

Criticism is one thing, gloating over one player playing (in your opinion) badly is something else.
None of the lads covered themselves in glory today but there were worse players on the pitch than Sean (Beckles for one had a nightmare) & yet only one is singled out - strange that? :rolleyes:

st06nc2 25-03-2017 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1190947)
Criticism is one thing, gloating over one player playing (in your opinion) badly is something else.
None of the lads covered themselves in glory today but there were worse players on the pitch than Sean (Beckles for one had a nightmare) & yet only one is singled out - strange that? :rolleyes:

As this is Sean's thread that's why I singled him out on this one, I also singled out beckles on the grimsby town thread

VALAIRIAN 26-03-2017 20:25

Not one of Macca's best games yesterday, pity as he was leading by example....

That said, he did get a few tackles in and delivered some nice corners, but all in all he was below the standard set over recent weeks :(

Let's hope that the midweek game is one in which he shines :)

baldy 28-03-2017 21:11

Quote:

Another goal for the terrible one!

AccyMad 28-03-2017 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1191135)
Another goal for the terrible one!

I know, he's pants!! Only one goal tonight - what's he playing at :rolleyes::D

st06nc2 28-03-2017 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1191142)
I know, he's pants!! Only one goal tonight - what's he playing at :rolleyes::D

Didn't even score from half way such a let down

Lord Stiffupperlip 28-03-2017 21:50

My thoughts after tonight's game.
With apologies to Lionel Bart & the cast of 'Oliver'
Friends, I offer you - 'McConville, The Musical'.

A man's got a heart, hasn't he?
Joking apart -- hasn't he?
And tho' I'd be the first one to say that he isn't a saint...
I'm finding it hard to think he's really as black as they paint...

I'm reviewing... the situation
Can McConville be a villain all his life?
There must be some.... explanation!
How he cuts through their defences like a knife

I'm reviewing the situation
He's a bad 'un and a bad 'un he will stay!
But we've seen such... a transformation,
Can he really be a rogue in every way

So perhaps its time to recognise
We really must not criticise
The boy has always tried his best
It's time we all gave it a rest!
His crosses are sublime to see
I.. feel... that... he's... converted... me ..
I think I'd better think it out again!
Hey

yonmon 28-03-2017 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1191149)
My thoughts after tonight's game.
With apologies to Lionel Bart & the cast of 'Oliver'
Friends, I offer you - 'McConville, The Musical'.

A man's got a heart, hasn't he?
Joking apart -- hasn't he?
And tho' I'd be the first one to say that he isn't a saint...
I'm finding it hard to think he's really as black as they paint...

I'm reviewing... the situation
Can McConville be a villain all his life?
There must be some.... explanation!
How he cuts through their defences like a knife

I'm reviewing the situation
He's a bad 'un and a bad 'un he will stay!
But we've seen such... a transformation,
Can he really be a rogue in every way

So perhaps its time to recognise
We really must not criticise
The boy has always tried his best
It's time we all gave it a rest!
His crosses are sublime to see
I.. feel... that... he's... converted... me ..
I think I'd better think it out again!
Hey

So lyrical !.... too little of this emotive outpouring on our Forum methinks !

baldy 29-03-2017 10:55

Just seen that in our 11 game unbeaten run McConville has scored 3 and assisted 7 goals!

Not too bad for a terrible un eh!

VALAIRIAN 31-03-2017 15:23

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1191006)
Not one of Macca's best games yesterday, pity as he was leading by example....

That said, he did get a few tackles in and delivered some nice corners, but all in all he was below the standard set over recent weeks :(

Let's hope that the midweek game is one in which he shines :)

Played well again on Tuesday night - along with most of the team :)

His goal was vital, as far too many times this season, we have been on top early on, but not got that vital opening goal :)

VALAIRIAN 01-04-2017 16:16

Another assist for Macca - well pleased for him :)

VALAIRIAN 09-04-2017 08:22

Super Sean McConville!!!!! :)

Got to say that even though Sean - along with others - was below par yesterday (first half in particular) his set piece delivery did not drop, he was on the money most of the time :)

Along with Shay and his free-kicks, there has been a huge improvement this season - they must be putting in some serious practice!!

baldy 17-04-2017 17:47

Another assist from the big man!

VALAIRIAN 17-04-2017 19:04

Seany, Seany Seany, Seany Seany, Seany Sean McConville...

Quiet game for Sean today, but he did get an assist, plus most of the set pieces
were delivered well :)

Also, I liked the corner routine between Macca and Shay and thought that Macca was unlucky not to score when he hit the inside of the post :)

Exile on Spencer St 17-04-2017 19:47

Didn't see the game but the through ball to McCartan from McMarmite was beautiful to behold. Just shows what can come from a well-judged pass pass into the space behind a defender for someone with pace to run onto.

maccawozzagod 18-04-2017 21:43

1 Attachment(s)
He got my votes in both categories.

He IS McMarmite, but he's turned it round for me this season and is showing the player he always should have been

VALAIRIAN 29-04-2017 18:02

Another assist - great header by Matty - today, one of the few highlights of the day.....:(

Pity that the season is fizzling out.........

smobile 26-07-2017 09:51

Great news about the new deal.........

Great excuse to revive this epic thread - can't believe nobody has posted on here since April.

VALAIRIAN 26-07-2017 11:20

Super Sean McConville :)

He has not scored/assisted since then, nor given a Man of the Match performance.. ;)

This thread will be bouncing from August onwards :D

cashman 26-07-2017 11:49

never been me favorite player, but his second half of last season earned it.

choirboy 28-07-2017 19:33

Well done to Sean for signing up.....
It's a really sensible move on his part.
Sean has become an important member of our squad and like him or not he is here to stay so let's all get right behind him and the rest of the Squad for the new season.
ON STANLEY ON!!!:jimbo:
WITH SEAN SIGNED ON!!!!
:s_gupjump:s_gupjump

VALAIRIAN 29-07-2017 08:20

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE

Must be one of our longest servers now?? :confused:

choirboy 09-09-2017 11:21

Sean is up for an award along with youngster Reagan Ogle.
Good luck to them both!

VALAIRIAN 09-09-2017 19:38

Super Sean McConville

After todays match winning, man of the match performance, there can be only one winner............

:)

monkey hanger 11-09-2017 08:17

sean has had more nicknames than anyone at the club. when he was playing badly i criticised him and when he plays well i,ll support him. saturday was the most obvious choice for man of the match. keep it up sean think everyone will support you with games like that.

cashman 11-09-2017 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1201180)
sean has had more nicknames than anyone at the club. when he was playing badly i criticised him and when he plays well i,ll support him. saturday was the most obvious choice for man of the match. keep it up sean think everyone will support you with games like that.

agree thats it in a nutshell. pity some cant see that simple fact, mind simples a very apt word.;)

ferret man 11-09-2017 12:09

People also need encouragement when thing's aren't going just the way other folk would like them to be going.

cashman 11-09-2017 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1201206)
People also need encouragement when thing's aren't going just the way other folk would like them to be going.

Dont dispute that its when its going poorly regular then have people to keep shut? not in my world.

Potter 11-09-2017 12:20

The world in which you think the at sign (@) means 'and'. And that's the least annoying or offensive thing you post.

cashman 11-09-2017 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter (Post 1201208)
The world in which you think the at sign (@) means 'and'. And that's the least annoying or offensive thing you post.

I couldn't care less what annoys you or anyone for that matter.:rolleyes:

Lord Didsbury 11-09-2017 16:00

when Cashy gives praise to Seany (which he frequently does) why doesn't Cashy get praised accordingly for at least having some sense of fairness or applying a certain consistent logic to what he sees? A nod of acknowledgement would do.

There's plenty of folk so stubborn they would stick to a chosen line of argument whatever transpires before their very eyes.

monkey hanger 11-09-2017 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1201218)

There's plenty of folk so stubborn they would stick to a chosen line of argument whatever transpires before their very eyes.

just like the ones who dislike a manager or certain player who ignores anything good that they do waiting for the day when they drop one and try to be the first to have a go at em.

Chimer 11-09-2017 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1201218)
when Cashy gives praise to Seany (which he frequently does) why doesn't Cashy get praised accordingly for at least having some sense of fairness or applying a certain consistent logic to what he sees? A nod of acknowledgement would do.

Now that has confused me. I have criticised people (probably including Cashy :eek:) in the past for seemingly taking every chance to mock Sean's failings while not appearing to notice his successes. Sean now appears to have won Cashy over, at least in part, though I'm sure criticism will appear again when it's deserved. But if I posted something saying "Well done this week Cashy for noticing Sean was good", he'd probably assume I was taking the proverbial and have a go at me!

On a different tack, does anyone know why Potter is going on about @ signs here? There's no @ in McConville, as far as I know.

cashman 11-09-2017 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1201222)

On a different tack, does anyone know why Potter is going on about @ signs here? There's no @ in McConville, as far as I know.

Probably a lack of I.Q. by him?

MikeA 12-09-2017 06:56

Quite rightly, included in the EFL 'Team of the Week', comprised from all three divisions:
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/septem...ptember-2017/? :)

choirboy 12-09-2017 09:11

Well done to Sean.
Fully deserved too!
:mosher::theband:

VALAIRIAN 12-09-2017 15:26

Super Sean McConville

Hoping for more of the same - or better - tonight :)

cashman 12-09-2017 15:39

Re: Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1201282)
Hoping for more of the same - or better - tonight :)

Agree i'm just hoping good footballs playable though with the crap forecast.:eek:

MikeA 15-09-2017 17:22

Now featuring on the EFL's 'Free Kick Friday', whatever that is:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeKickFriday?src=hash

VALAIRIAN 30-09-2017 08:16

Super Sean McConville!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1201067)
Sean is up for an award along with youngster Reagan Ogle.

Good luck to them both!

How did Supermac go on??

maccawozzagod 06-10-2017 21:27

Great interview with Sean https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ion-and-answer

VALAIRIAN 14-10-2017 20:14

Super Sean McConville!!

Had a good game today - as did most of the team - and scored a really good 'team' winning goal :)

VALAIRIAN 16-10-2017 10:31

Let's just hope he ends up in the final one :D

McConville in final four ? Accrington Stanley

Regardless of where he ends up in this competition, I just hope we see more performances like last Saturday :)

AccyMad 13-11-2017 19:11

Well, tonight's the night for Sean - best of luck at the awards, hope they pick the right winner :rolleyes::D

Lord Stiffupperlip 13-11-2017 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1204465)
Well, tonight's the night for Sean - best of luck at the awards, hope they pick the right winner :rolleyes::D

Well blow me down, they did!!!!!
Super Sean won it!

Dav1d 13-11-2017 22:41

Big big congratulations to Sean, league two player of the year!

*awaits the haters comments

VALAIRIAN 13-11-2017 23:33

Sean McConville - NWFA 2017 Player of the year!!!!!!

Really pleased for the lad :)

AccyMad 14-11-2017 07:09

Brilliant!! Well done Sean, much deserved :)

cashman 14-11-2017 07:57

Good on him.

Lord Didsbury 14-11-2017 08:45

I'd like to think the constructuve critical feedback from Accyweb played a part in his renaissance.
Well done that man!

ferret man 14-11-2017 09:14

Well done Sean.
constructive criticism my arse.

Exile on Spencer St 14-11-2017 09:20

Good for him, I've been one of his critics in the past (obviously that makes me a hater:rolleyes:) but am pleased for him and the team that he's been doing so well over the last couple of seasons. Keep it up, Sean.

cashman 14-11-2017 09:54

Pointless commenting exile, some cant abide honest opinions, sad gits.:rolleyes:

football19 14-11-2017 11:30

Remember him playing for Liverpool academy under 11s !!!
He must be a late developer :)
Great touch and football brain and has improved year on year fully deserved

baldy 05-12-2017 20:34

FAO THE HATERS

https://twitter.com/baldy984/status/938144151387992066

AccyMad 05-12-2017 21:26

Typical! Sean scores an absolute worldy & the media are saying it was an OG :rolleyes:

choirboy 05-12-2017 21:39

Just watched it.
BRILLIANT goal by SEAN.:mosher:
No way is that an OG !:egged:

monkey hanger 06-12-2017 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1205362)
Typical! Sean scores an absolute worldy & the media are saying it was an OG :rolleyes:

if rooney or harry kane had scored it there would have a specia; extended national news item to show all the world replays from 35 different angles.

MikeA 06-12-2017 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1205363)
Just watched it.
BRILLIANT goal by SEAN.:mosher:
No way is that an OG !:egged:

I just looked at it again and, to me, it seems that the ball hit the bar and went into the net; then the goalie fell backwards onto it.

cashman 06-12-2017 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1205378)
I just looked at it again and, to me, it seems that the ball hit the bar and went into the net; then the goalie fell backwards onto it.

That is probably the concensus of 99% of the public that have viewed it. But reporters know best!:rolleyes:

ossy kid 06-12-2017 16:51

Watched it a dozen times, brilliant shot and great vision, here are a couple of opinions. Goalie pushed the ball on to the bar, it then rebounded and hit the goalie on the back and went in- own goal. OR The goalie pushed the ball on to the bar and fell back and was in the net when the ball hit him, great goal for Sean. Only way to determine which is to have a view from the side.

VALAIRIAN 07-12-2017 19:37

Been given to Super Mac ;)

Wonder goals suit me: Sean ? Accrington Stanley

VALAIRIAN 06-01-2018 22:36

Yet another superb goal from Macca today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeA 08-01-2018 15:54

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1207004)
Yet another superb goal from Macca today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky Goal of the Weekend! :)
https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueTwo/...21969429450752

VALAIRIAN 08-01-2018 16:07

Hard to disagree with that :)

cashman 08-01-2018 17:05

Deserved as well.

AccyMad 08-01-2018 18:26

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207054)

Bless him :D

Lord Love Rocket 08-01-2018 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1207059)
Deserved as well.

Agree cashy

choirboy 09-01-2018 12:14

Sean had an excellent match capped by another super goal.:mosher:
Sean is relishing wearing the Captain's armband and is leading by example.
His work rate recently has been tremendous. As soon as his opposing defenders get possession Sean is in their faces, closing them down and causing them to play poor passes or winning throw ins for us etc. Clarke does the same on the other wing and Billy chases across the line too. When we play well and win this is one of the reasons for us getting the results. Defending from the front relieves the pressure on the midfield and defence therefore giving us a better chance of keeping clean sheets as we did on Saturday.
:jimbo:

MikeA 23-01-2018 11:33

There are lots of different teams of the week but, after Port Vale, Sean seems to be in all of 'em :):

https://twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper/s...17178806870016

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/januar...edium=referral

AccyMad 23-01-2018 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207688)
There are lots of different teams of the week but, after Port Vale, Sean seems to be in all of 'em :):

https://twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper/s...17178806870016

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/januar...edium=referral

As long as he stays in ours & nobody comes sniffing round :)

VALAIRIAN 23-01-2018 16:14

Well deserved in my opinion :)

monkey hanger 24-01-2018 12:25

there should be an award for the most improved player in the league. sean would have a good shout at that one too.

cashman 24-01-2018 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1207729)
there should be an award for the most improved player in the league. sean would have a good shout at that one too.

No doubt at all he would win that un in my opinion.

ferret man 24-01-2018 21:23

Welcome aboard the S Mc fan club, you have taken a long time to join but welcome anyway.

cashman 24-01-2018 21:36

I honestly think he would have gone higher than us, if he had been consistent when younger.

monkey hanger 25-01-2018 10:22

leaving stanley in 2011 for a few extra quid and a promise that did not exist put his career back for him. should have stayed with us and the snake would have taken him to chesterfield and then pompey.

cashman 25-01-2018 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1207761)
leaving stanley in 2011 for a few extra quid and a promise that did not exist put his career back for him. should have stayed with us and the snake would have taken him to chesterfield and then pompey.

That scenario would have been quite possible imho.

AccyMad 25-01-2018 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1207761)

Good job he made that bad decision to go to Stockport then :rolleyes:

football19 25-01-2018 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1207763)
That scenario would have been quite possible imho.

Then Wigan !!! :)

yonmon 25-01-2018 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1207773)
Then Wigan !!! :)

? Wigan ?... who are they ?..🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

cashman 25-01-2018 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1207776)
? Wigan ?... who are they ?..🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Dunno, but heard they got a Pier?:confused: