Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

football19 25-09-2011 22:00

Re: Sean Mc

pidge,if you read my posts over the last couple of years,i try and look for positves in players and i always believed sean had a load of natural ability.
( remember him as a ten year old in liverpools academy dream team!!).
His laid back style is not everyones cup of tea,but the potential is there and its upto him how far he wants to go.
seen better players just disappear,and worse ones climb the ladder.
At this stage of his career,the mental side is a big thing and i hope he still has that desire to improve and learn,if not its easy to disappear.
I do believe though its a massive gamble to drop into the conference,but still wish him well.

Revived Red 25-09-2011 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935957)
you missed a good season last year! we finished 5th

Nope, didn't miss it. Maybe we could have claimed an automatic promotion spot if more chances had been put away (I'm not saying by whom) and thus turned the draws into victories.

Anyway, I've said my bit on this topic. Time to move on.

carpon 26-09-2011 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935968)
i always believed sean had a load of natural ability.
( remember him as a ten year old in liverpools academy dream team!!).
His laid back style is not everyones cup of tea,but the potential is there and its upto him how far he wants to go.
seen better players just disappear,and worse ones climb the ladder.
At this stage of his career,the mental side is a big thing and i hope he still has that desire to improve and learn,if not its easy to disappear.
I do believe though its a massive gamble to drop into the conference,but still wish him well.

Whilst the lad has / had undoubted potential, I happen to think he took a massive step backwards with the move to Stockport. By the last statement I can cite numerous reasons. Let's not forget Hamann is a managerial rookie. The bloke had undoubted talent as a player, however that doesn't always make for a successful manager.

Stockport might be a bigger club ( fanbase wise ) but they're languishing in the mid reaches of the conference. Other "big sides" have gone down out of the league and are still struggling to get back to the league. Luton, Wrexham, York, Grimsby.....

Other players took the gamble...Kempson, Miles, Big Kenny Arthur....

The one thing Coley and Bell can do for lads who play for them is better them as players. At Accy, any young lad who has been released or been moved on from another club has a chance to prove their doubters wrong. Under the guidance of a highly envied and sought after duo who have a proven track record of polishing rough diamonds.

Alan Knill, who is not a bad judge of a younger player, uses this "skill" (a.l.a. developing younger players" ) as one of his major selling points as a manager. Mr Gradi, who Coley upset the other week, "had" a track record of bringing younger players through. Please note, I did use the word "had" in the last sentence. And I totally agree, regardless of "no disrespect to Crewe" we have set a benchmark which means beating sides like Crewe Alex.

For Sean to move to Stockport, to me at least smacks of "moving for the money" No doubt his goals and assists are missed (like other class players / rough diamonds Coley has produced) However, I think McConville would have put his foot on the next upward rung of the ladder IF he'd stayed at Stanley for another year or two.:o

The interesting point to me is this.....Money man has ditched Stockport.....The McConville fee is set to be decided by tribunal. My question is....

What have we asked for McConville (bearing in mind Skem have a sell on clause theirselves)....What would a tribunal (if and when it takes place) award..... If Stockport are financially without a pot to pee in as a result of the takeover fall through, where does that leave Stanley getting a fee to match McConville's value???? :confused:

football19 26-09-2011 11:03

Carpon,thats a great post to end this debate,and the number of posts shows how football can divide opinions---lets move on:)

yerself 27-09-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red
Yes. But thanks for the explanation. I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow. I must have missed those first touches, passes spotted and sublime crosses.

Me too. Did you also miss all the tackles and challenges he pulled out of and shyed away from?:D:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 08-10-2011 18:48

Just to bump this back to the top.....

Redraine 08-10-2011 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 938723)
Just to bump this back to the top.....

What on earth for??

VALAIRIAN 08-10-2011 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by redraine (Post 938728)
what on earth for??

;)

choirboy 11-10-2011 14:27

;););) Heard on the gropevine that REDRAINE has offered to sponsor Sean Mac's Stockport shirt for the season!!:jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:

Redraine 11-10-2011 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 939258)
;););) Heard on the gropevine that REDRAINE has offered to sponsor Sean Mac's Stockport shirt for the season!!:jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:

The "gropevine"??? True, so long as he stays where he is.:D

cashman 17-10-2011 21:32

Well Stockport are really setting the "Blue Square" afire wi the new signings.:D

DAV007 17-10-2011 23:16

heard Hamann has been given an ultimatium to win 2 of his next 3 games.

ddevil2006 07-11-2011 16:53

hamman resigns at stockport , i wonder if sean will follow him to where ever he goes

mab 07-11-2011 17:45

Short Club Statement regarding Manager wonder if sean will be knocking on JC's door soon;)

smudgie 07-11-2011 18:34

Please stop bumping this thread up, sick of the sight of it !